I'm having Tate withdrawals.

I feel like a dirty old cougar. Who likes dead teenage boys. *shudder*

lol dirty cougar checking in.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

I'll start to feel creepy when someone starts a Daily Tate hahahaa

I miss Daily Eric BTW

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

The true measure of a good show is when the season finishes and there is nothing even remotely similar or interesting to replace it.
    AHS you are missed. Cant wait for your return

^^Exactly! TV is boring without AHS.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=701779

Jessica Lange to return, four in talks of returning (none being the Harmons). Who are your guesses? I'm thinking Z Quinto, Evan Peters, the Mistress Chick and the Maid.

(Or should I say that is who I am hoping for)

New season will take place on the East Coast and the show will be set in a 'horror institution' - CAN'T WAIT!!!!

My daughter is a Tate fan and we have most of S1 taped on our DVR. I sit and watch them with her because, um, it's nice mother/daughter bonding time. It's absolutely not because Evan Peters is a cutie pie who is young enough to be my son. No, no, nope, not at all.....

Evan Peters is yummy! Thank God I'm only 24 lol. As for others coming back I love love love Alexandra Breckingridge. I want my hair that color! Also the East Coast, while Mass has a lot of old "haunted" buildings. There's the Lizzie Borden house, all the state medical hospitals, I would die if they did the Belchertown State School, I have been there once and it is the scariest place ever. Then there's the Spidergates Cemetery in Leicester. All the college dorms seem to have one story or another so Mass would definitely be a good place for it.

Fall Season 2 - Some details released!

Here's some scoop on season two!!!

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=747609

Spoiler alert:

Jessica's in! Jessica's in!!!!!
    Archer Fact: You can’t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Man..can't wait to watch this again!

Jessica Lange wins Emmy for American Horror Story

Whooo hoooo! I love Jessica Lange in American Horror Story! She took home the Emmy for Best supporting Actress! Yay! I can't wait for season 2 to begin!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

I love her in AHS. I can't wait for it either!

Good for her, I have always liked her in
    the part of Frances Farmer in the film: Frances.
    (A great movie)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Lange played a prominent role in my masturbatory habits as a child via King Kong, circa 1976.

So excited to start watching this show again this evening! It did not disappoint me in the least!
    "For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, and if it hurts, you know what? It was probably worth it." ~The Beach~

www.minlynn.deviantart.com

I didn't get to see season 1, and I was afraid it would affect my seeing this season, but it didn't. Man! This movie has a lot going on!

You can totally watch the second season without the first because they're not related in anyway whatsoever. I just think of them as 13 hour long movies. I LOVE it!
    "For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, and if it hurts, you know what? It was probably worth it." ~The Beach~

I was a big fan last year, after watching tonight's episode, not sure I'll watch it again. I found it very disturbing in many ways.

What is the significance of sleepwalking in American Horror Story?
    Numerous characters sleepwalk in American Horror Story: Ben, the guy with the burned face mentions it, and the guy in the season finale. Each time they're sleepwalking, they're attracted to fire. Who’s drawing them there? What is the significance of it?

Did everyone see Schlitzie(or the Schlitzie-inspired character) on AHS? So glad this show is back.

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Did everyone see Schlitzie(or the Schlitzie-inspired character) on AHS? So glad this show is back.
    I know....she was cute even if she killed her sister's baby!!
    Once in a million years a lady like her rises...

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I know....she was cute even if she killed her sister's baby!!
    So far, the make up work is outstanding.

Here is a fairly close up shot of Pepper (photo recap, you have to scroll down)

http://www.tv.com/news/american-horr...o-recap-29860/

And here is a picture of the actress, Naomi Grossman that plays Pepper.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2030284288/nm1303594

That my friends, is some impressive makeup.

WTH did Leonardo DiCaprio look like he was swathed in 50lbs of latex in the movie J. Edgar when this kind of realism is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    So far, the make up work is outstanding.

Here is a fairly close up shot of Pepper (photo recap, you have to scroll down)

http://www.tv.com/news/american-horr...o-recap-29860/

And here is a picture of the actress, Naomi Grossman that plays Pepper.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2030284288/nm1303594

That my friends, is some impressive makeup.

WTH did Leonardo DiCaprio look like he was swathed in 50lbs of latex in the movie J. Edgar when this kind of realism is possible?
    Wow! That *is* outstanding makeup!

This is so much better than the first season! Kudos to the makeup artists who created Pepper's Schlitzie inspired look. So, is the mad scientist doctor feeding patients to the 'monsters' or did he create animalistic monsters from patients who had no family members or contacts outside the asylum?
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    This is so much better than the first season! Kudos to the makeup artists who created Pepper's Schlitzie inspired look. So, is the mad scientist doctor feeding patients to the 'monsters' or did he create animalistic monsters from patients who had no family members or contacts outside the asylum?
    Probably both!

Wow, I'm blown away this was makeup and not a real "Schlitzie". I would never had known if I hadn't read it here.

I loved the first season. I've tried watching the new episode twice.. Not sure if I can't get into it because I'm so tired or what.. gonna give it another try this weekend. Is Pink in AHS this season, or does that other lesbian just look like her?

~Layne Staley

That's Clea DuVall. She was in Carnivale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I loved the first season. I've tried watching the new episode twice.. Not sure if I can't get into it because I'm so tired or what.. gonna give it another try this weekend. Is Pink in AHS this season, or does that other lesbian just look like her?
    Give it another try. This ep was all over the place, modern day ghost hunters, aliens, and all the craziness(!) at the asylum. It might take a few tries to take it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    That's Clea DuVall. She was in Carnivale.
    That's right! I remember her from The Grudge..

Madeline, I'm re-watching it right now. (While the kids are asleep and I can actually watch)

~Layne Staley

I have been working since the night it came on but I have it saved on the DVR and I will be watching it tomorrow when I get up. I hope this season (if you can call it that) is as good as the last!

So what do ya'll think about it now? It's ok. It's not last season.

~Layne Staley

I'll tell ya, this show really pushes the bounds of television censorship. I really like it, because it's so damned dark and creepy. So far, I'm a huge fan.

Liked last season. Lost me as a viewer after the first episode this season.

I'm going to keep watching but it hasn't grabbed me like last season did.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

While I'm still loving the show and will continue to watch, I'm not finding myself quite as engrossed in the characters this year like I was last year. Last year I wanted to learn more about each character and this year I just don't have that desire.

Couldn't get into the second episode, but I saved it to try again. So far I definitely liked last season better. Unfortunately I fried the hard drive on my DVR and had to get a new box... I had all of last season's episodes saved on the old one to watch again.

Couldn't get into the first episode. Only watched bits and pieces, too freaky. Liked the second episode a little. So far first season was better.

I think they have too many subplots going on this year - - serial killers! Aliens! Modern day ghost hunters! Crazy nuns! Exorcisms! Frankenstein-like doctors! And more besides. There's just too much going on, and not enough time devoted to each.

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    I think they have too many subplots going on this year - - serial killers! Aliens! Modern day ghost hunters! Crazy nuns! Exorcisms! Frankenstein-like doctors! And more besides. There's just too much going on, and not enough time devoted to each.
    Yeah, they lost me with the alien thing. Doubt I'll watch anymore of this season. It's just not doing it for me like last season.

~Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Yeah, they lost me with the alien thing. Doubt I'll watch anymore of this season. It's just not doing it for me like last season.
    I'm not ready to give up, but I am very disappointed. Last season was so good!

Tonight's episode was at least a lot more fun and Halloween-y and kept my attention better. I'm still not too interested in learning about the characters back stories or anything but this episode was just fun and creepy. And how freaky was it that it was centered around a damn Nor'easter so close to Sandy?! My husband and I laughed about that!

Last night's episode was a little better, but its nothing like last season.

I guess I'm the only one here who's loving this season. The fact that it is different from last season is what makes it so great to me. I can't wait to see where the characters and plot lines go this year! I am a super horror fan, and I am in love with AHS.
    I'll get you my pretty..... and your little dog too!

Is it terrible that my 15 year old daughter (and co-AHS fanatic) have a new catchphrase: "mossy bank"???
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    Is it terrible that my 15 year old daughter (and co-AHS fanatic) have a new catchphrase: "mossy bank"???
    Ummm... Does that mean what I think it does lol?

If so its hilarious and it could be a lot worse.

I still use the phrase "dirty pillows" sometimes haha

(Carrie, not Austin Powers)
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 11-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    Tonight's episode was at least a lot more fun and Halloween-y and kept my attention better. I'm still not too interested in learning about the characters back stories or anything but this episode was just fun and creepy. And how freaky was it that it was centered around a damn Nor'easter so close to Sandy?! My husband and I laughed about that!
    I thought the Nor'easter episode airing so close to Sandy was trippy too.

~Layne Staley

I'm liking this season so far, but it hasn't grabbed me the way the first season did. There's a lot of things being thrown out there... serial killer, possible alien abduction, Nazis, lesbians, demon possession... and I'm not sure where it's all going to be heading. However, it's a lot better than most of the crap on TV today, so I won't complain.

Also, there's a lot of stellar acting, and I always like to ogle Evan Peters, so there's that!
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."