View Poll Results: Should Joe Paterno step down at Penn State?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It is time for Joe Paterno to go.

    69 87.34%
  • No. Joe Paterno should stay at Penn State.

    10 12.66%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 554

Thread: Jerry Sandusky - Penn State Child Molestation Scandal

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I cannot imagine being that grad assistant, and doing nothing. I heard he witnessed the actual act. Maybe he thought the boy was of legal age?
    If I am recalling correctly the graduate assistant who (honest to God) looks like Howdy Doody told Paterno that the victim was about 10 years old.

    And while we're on the subject Howdy Doody calls Dad Doody? Are you serious? If I saw a 10 years old with palms against the shower wall while that diddlin' son of a bitch was raping him - I'd grab the nearest fire extinguisher and slam the bastard upside the head. Then I'd take the heel of my shoe and grind his wormy prick so that it would become one with the drain.

    I am also offended that the media is tempering it a bit by calling it sexual abuse. It was CHILD RAPE...and everyone who knew or had some inking is just as responsible as the diddler.

    An announcer said that as a society we are supposed to protect our children and if we don't what kind of society is it?

    Want to take bets that the child rapist commits suicide before he goes to trial?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,057
    Anyone in the program who had information either first hand or not should have gone straight to the police the next time they saw Sandusky walking around without handcuffs.

    My god he was caught having anal sex with a boy in the shower. You err on the side of protecting the kids.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/0...st-paints.html

    Many meanings to this....again, PSU "covering up" the problem. Forget all about it.

    As Paterno said "BEAT NEBRASKA".

    Disgusting.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Hey Pauli - I was wonderin' if any of the menfolk were gonna post.....lol.







    The grand jury stuff is quite revealing. I printed it out and am perusing it now.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    One more comment then I'll take my anger to another board....

    Just when you think you've heard it all about Coach-Football-Player-Scandal-Worshipping.....

    http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/201...-safe-for-now/

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Check out the Grand Jury testimony in post #43, start at page 6. The grad asst did report it, to his dad first then he went to Joe's house the next day to tell him. I am scanning the report and it appears no one ever went back to get anything else from the grad asst.
    As I continue to read, I want to correct myself. The grad asst did talk to other people from the university after he made the initial complaint to his dad then Joe. But its looking like that it didnt really go any further than some of the higher-ups at the university.

    If anyone else is reading it, help me out please with corrections.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bluegrass state
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Check out the Grand Jury testimony in post #43, start at page 6. The grad asst did report it, to his dad first then he went to Joe's house the next day to tell him. I am scanning the report and it appears no one ever went back to get anything else from the grad asst.
    If I saw a rape, I'd call the police, not my father. Or Joe Paterno.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    But the real kick in the head was Paterno calling this a "situation that the kids got into"...."pray for them and GO BEAT NEBRASKA".
    these big ole nebraska linebackers are gonna show JoPa what we do here in Nebraska to people who hurt little kids.....at least I hope we do......

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Azusa, California
    Posts
    8,204
    Penn State, like Notre Dame, is one of these beloved football schools that thinks it can walk on water. But they have done nothing but reveal a heinous and "tragic" double standard that is prevailing in this country today. If Sandusky had been black...he would have been canned (and arrested and sent to prison for life). Sandusky's tenure at that pathetic university and his bullshit "Emiritus" status allowed him to rape young boys...who will forever be scarred for life. Penn State's president and leaders allowed that. Do you feel like a "noble and honorable" institution now?

    PED STATE, as I now call it, will NEVER recover from this. Not even a titanic victory over the "corn-shuckers" this weekend will do any good. If any fan cheers for Joe Paterno and that staff this weekend they are just as pathetic too.

    THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!!! Funny how everybody CRUCIFIES these coaches and athletes when they drink alcohol or smoke marijuana.

    WAKE UP, AMERICA! GROW A BRAIN FOR ONCE!
    Last edited by Seagorath; 11-09-2011 at 03:18 PM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Penn State, like Notre Dame, is one of these beloved football schools that thinks it can walk on water. But they have done nothing but reveal a heinous and "tragic" double standard that is prevailing in this country today. If Sandusky had been black...he would have been canned (and arrested and sent to prison for life). Sandusky's tenure at that pathetic university and his bullshit "Emiritus" status allowed him to rape young boys...who will forever be scarred for life. Penn State's president and leaders allowed that. Do you feel like a "noble and honorable" institution now?

    PED STATE, as I now call it, will NEVER recover from this. Not even a titanic victory over the "corn-shuckers" this weekend will do any good. If any fan cheers for Joe Paterno and that staff this weekend they are just as pathetic too.

    THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!!! Funny how everybody CRUCIFIES these coaches and athletes when they drink alcohol or smoke marijuana.

    WAKE UP, AMERICA! GROW A BRAIN FOR ONCE!

    Well said. One thing though - I disagree about your point that if the coach was black he would have been crucified....I'm still sticking to my idea that if the child rapist was black but very much accepted in the tight group they would have done the same thing. I'm thinking this is more of a "fraternity" of sorts who will go to the grave lying and supported the boys of that fraternity.

    I was reading the Indianapolis Star online and apparently the head coacho of the Colts - Caldwell - is a former assistant to Paterno and the child rapist, said nothing negative about the situation. I'm paraphrasing but something to the effect that he didn't know the facts so he won't say anything bad about Penn State.

    Sounds like he's quite loyal too.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    I'm curious to see if the board of trustees grows a backbone and throws Joe Pa out by the end of the week. That way people can focus on what is really important, seeking justice for Sandusky's victims.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by aedgar5000 View Post
    I'm curious to see if the board of trustees grows a backbone and throws Joe Pa out by the end of the week. That way people can focus on what is really important, seeking justice for Sandusky's victims.
    Looks like that's the case. Joe Paterno was fired as the decades long coach tonight, as well as the president of Penn State. I predict there will be others having the same fate before this is over. My thoughts are with the young victims of Sandusky.
    Last edited by dia846; 11-09-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added name

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hail Core
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by dia846 View Post
    Looks like that's the case. Joe Paterno was fired as the decades long coach tonight, as well as the president of Penn State. I predict there will be others having the same fate before this is over. My thoughts are with the young victims of Sandusky.
    Holy crap. Thank you for the update, dia846 .

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...abuse-scandal/

    I just got an update on my phone telling me that State College police are ordering people to disperse and vacate downtown State College and Old Main immediately. Apparently, riots are taking place. Utter foolishness.

    http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/crowds-at-penn-state-after-joe-fired-110911


    Last edited by aedgar5000; 11-09-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Thunderstorm.gif C:\Users\Andrew\Desktop\ccef\ccef\Freezing-Rain-and-Snow.gif

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Penn State, like Notre Dame, is one of these beloved football schools that thinks it can walk on water. But they have done nothing but reveal a heinous and "tragic" double standard that is prevailing in this country today. If Sandusky had been black...he would have been canned (and arrested and sent to prison for life). Sandusky's tenure at that pathetic university and his bullshit "Emiritus" status allowed him to rape young boys...who will forever be scarred for life. Penn State's president and leaders allowed that. Do you feel like a "noble and honorable" institution now?

    PED STATE, as I now call it, will NEVER recover from this. Not even a titanic victory over the "corn-shuckers" this weekend will do any good. If any fan cheers for Joe Paterno and that staff this weekend they are just as pathetic too.

    THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CHILD ABUSE!!! Funny how everybody CRUCIFIES these coaches and athletes when they drink alcohol or smoke marijuana.

    WAKE UP, AMERICA! GROW A BRAIN FOR ONCE!
    Excellent post.

    Also, I hope the "PED STATE" thing catches on like fire. It's brilliant.

    I read today that the janitor that saw what he did is now suffering from a list of medical problems, including dementia. It talked about how shook up he was after seeing that, how they thought he was gonna have a heart attack.

    I get that. I don't know how it would feel to see that, thank God, so I can't say how it would affect me. But I know I'm damn sure do more than tell my dad about it like the grad asst did. Every child that was molested after that point could have been saved it that tool would have just called 911 and told them what he saw. I cannot see that another way.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,464
    (oops)
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 11-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    And while we're on the subject Howdy Doody calls Dad Doody? Are you serious? If I saw a 10 years old with palms against the shower wall while that diddlin' son of a bitch was raping him - I'd grab the nearest fire extinguisher and slam the bastard upside the head. Then I'd take the heel of my shoe and grind his wormy prick so that it would become one with the drain.
    Amen and Amen, again. I just read all 23 pages of the report. I don't think Paterno intentionally tried to protect Sandusky. In fact, it was his bosses -- Shultz and whathisname -- that failed to properly investigate the situation. Sure, Paterno could have gone directly to the police, or at the very least, told the graduate assistant to contact the police about what he knew. If there is any moral fault on Paterno's part it's that he didn't encourage the GA to go to the police once he realized that the Administration wasn't going to do anything more than ban Sandusky from bringing kids to the athletic complex. But, somehow I feel that Paterno fought this battle once in 1998 and lost.

    If you read between the lines of the grand jury report, Sadusky was forced to resign from Penn State in 1999 due to his inappropriate showers with young boys. Paterno is the one who delivered the news to Sandusky in 1999 that he had to leave the school. This was quite a shock to Sandusky, though -- as he thought he would be the next head coach. So, Paterno and the Administration had already gone through this once. There is a detailed police report from the 1998 incident that was completed by the Penn State University police. At the time that the most recent allegations occurred, Sandusky wasn't even an employee of Penn State. He had some honorary emeritus title that allowed him to continue to use the facility to rape little boys.

    After reading the report, I am even more convinced that the dip shit (pardon my anger) GA who called his daddy when he witnessed a boy being raped -- as opposed to intervening or calling the cops immediately -- and the Administration are at fault for failing to Act. They truly shirked their responsibilty under the law -- not just their moral obligation.

    Oh, and there was a janitor who saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a little boy in a separate incident. The janitor was pretty enraged by what he saw, but was afraid to confront Sandusky for fear of losing his job. He went straight to his boss and reported it, though. And, according to the report, the boss did nothing. WTF? He just told the janitor who he could report the incident to, if he wanted to. Are you kidding me? There are so many people that particpated in this fucked up scenario! Sandusky's behavior was clearly an open secret among all who knew him. Personally, I don't think Paterno acted inappropriately. Yes he could have done more, but he definitely did not act to cover anything up. Besides, if the whole world is complicit in Sandusky's fuckery -- they can't even get a fucking DA to press charges -- Paterno could have reasonably felt that he was up against the machine. So, what would his options be? Perhaps, retire from a crooked institution? Check -- he tried that once and they came begging for him to come back. At the end of the day, if Paterno is being pressured to retire at the end of the season, the the whole fucking athletic department needs to go. At least Paterno executed his responsibilities under the law -- the rest of these fuckers covered up the situation, failed to launch and investigation, lied, or failed to even report it to a supervisor.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Well said. One thing though - I disagree about your point that if the coach was black he would have been crucified....I'm still sticking to my idea that if the child rapist was black but very much accepted in the tight group they would have done the same thing. I'm thinking this is more of a "fraternity" of sorts who will go to the grave lying and supported the boys of that fraternity.

    I was reading the Indianapolis Star online and apparently the head coacho of the Colts - Caldwell - is a former assistant to Paterno and the child rapist, said nothing negative about the situation. I'm paraphrasing but something to the effect that he didn't know the facts so he won't say anything bad about Penn State.

    Sounds like he's quite loyal too.
    Agreed, Squirrel! I don't see how race changes anything. When you respect, fear, trust someone -- whatever it is -- you don't want to believe the worst. And, in most cases, you will delude yourself until you are faced with reality. I hate to bring up the OJ case, but I will. Remember how OJ's friends -- white and black -- supported him initially. Some probably still do. Hell, even the Browns did an in-depth interview talking of their support when they knew OJ was beating the hell out of their daughter.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    923
    The more details I hear about this, the angrier I get! I found this article yesterday and thought it was worth passing along, I think the guy makes some valid arguments. I especially like the part where he asks if it were your son or grandson would you do something then?

    http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dail...imits-football

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    If I am recalling correctly the graduate assistant who (honest to God) looks like Howdy Doody told Paterno that the victim was about 10 years old.

    And while we're on the subject Howdy Doody calls Dad Doody? Are you serious? If I saw a 10 years old with palms against the shower wall while that diddlin' son of a bitch was raping him - I'd grab the nearest fire extinguisher and slam the bastard upside the head. Then I'd take the heel of my shoe and grind his wormy prick so that it would become one with the drain.

    I am also offended that the media is tempering it a bit by calling it sexual abuse. It was CHILD RAPE...and everyone who knew or had some inking is just as responsible as the diddler.

    An announcer said that as a society we are supposed to protect our children and if we don't what kind of society is it?

    Want to take bets that the child rapist commits suicide before he goes to trial?

    Agreed. The instrument has yet to be invented to measure the amount of pain I would inflict on that POS. Right then and there. I'd waste him without batting an eyelash.

    They should all be prosecuted. Even that beloved old POS coach. 84 years old. Die in prison and get raped in the shower.

    POS.

    .

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Feds investigate if Penn State officials violate US law.

    http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/09/8722765-feds-investigate-if-penn-state-officials-violated-us-law


    Federal officials will investigate whether Penn State officials violated federal law by failing to report alleged sexual abuse by the school's former football defense coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

    Federal officials view the Clery Act as a lever to prod schools to be more aggressive about investigating and prosecuting crimes on campus. Last March, Virginia Tech University was fined $55,000 for waiting too long to inform students about a gunman on the loose during a 2007 shooting rampage that killed 32 people at the school. Although violations of the Clery Act are punishable by civil fines, officials say schools worry most about the damage that publicized violations can do to their reputations.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    Joe Paterno was one of many, many people who covered up child rape to protect a fucking sports team and, surprise, he made himself the face of Penn State football, so of course he’s going to be the biggest target. That’s the price of a “legacy.” And if you’re looking at this situation going, “But he won so many games!” you’re part of the problem. I am beyond dissapointed in Joe Paterno!!!!!!!!!!!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    And please dont jump my case its just my opnion on the matter the more I read the more disgutsed I am about the entire situation

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, Michigan
    Posts
    1,945
    I am just appalled by the whole situation. And the more I read, the more I see on the news, everything points to protecting the big football dynasty & industry that is Penn State, and not giving two shits about the kids that were sexually harmed. Everyone is to blame at Penn State, and although I have always had respect for Joe Pa, after this, not so much.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    And please dont jump my case its just my opnion on the matter the more I read the more disgutsed I am about the entire situation
    No jumping on you from me; hell, I agree with you.

    I was just perusing msnbc.com. Here's a few of the headlines they are running at the moment:

    ~ In UK, gangs groom girls for sex exploitation.

    ~ Cain has complete amnesia over sex-harass claim.

    ~ Two women arrested in satanic sex ritual stabbing.

    Not to mention the Penn case. Its sickens me we have become a country of (and world of) sexual addicts in one form or another. The headlines are full of this shit, all the time. When did it happen? When did we cross over from trying to instill a sense of pride and good-gamesmenship in our children to this mentality of win at whatever cost? Never mind the casualities, just make it happen. And, IMO, the answer (of course) is money. Many kids today dont seem to realize that its OK to lose sometimes. Its a part of life. But somehow we have crossed over into the land of materialism where nothing else matters but money. Its all about......right here, right now. I am extremely pleased at Penn State and what they have done with the firings. But having said that, if there wasnt such a huge public outcry over this incident, it would probably be brushed under the rug and totally forgotten. JMO

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    I was chatting with a friend this morning about this. She had, in her medical practice, dealt with a similar situation. She gave me no details other than to say it did not involve children. She questioned when people have "done enough." She reported her incident to the proper authorities but nothing was done. Not knowing all the circumstances, it was hard for me to answer her question when she asked..........did I do enough?

    The answer is subjective and can only come from within. And IMO the Penn State issue was such a great one that Joe should have done more. In this case merely saying "I reported it to the proper authorities" is not enough. It wasnt someone stole equipment from the locker room. It wasnt someone taking illegal pictures. It was sexual activity involving children. If Joe thought his job, his career, his school was more important than persuing this then that speaks volumes about him as a person. I realize its easy to ruin reputations unnecessarily. I realize most of us have mouths at home to clothe and feed. But this is a perfect example of our society's declining morals. We have become numb and desensitized to it all and unless its happening to us personally we overlook it. Its both sick and scary. And will only get worse. JMO
    Last edited by slingshot; 11-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Goettingen, Germany
    Posts
    4,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    And please dont jump my case its just my opnion on the matter the more I read the more disgutsed I am about the entire situation
    I've got your back on this on, Lisamarie.

    The real tragedy of the whole Joe Paterno situation is that he was one of those rare coaches who was not only a winner on the field, but also strove to be an educator off the field. (I see some parallels between his disgrace and that of Woody Hayes, whereby Hayes' sins were ones of commission and inability to control his hot temper and Paterno's were sins of omission, but I digress.) So people rightly expected much more of him and it hurts that much more that he fell far short of the mark.

    I can't for the life of me imagine what he was thinking. Maybe he wasn't. I know this may be interpreted as ageism, but the man is 84. Even back when this started he was what - 72 or 73? There are plenty of guys who are already in a retirement home at that age - or should be. That doesn't excuse his lack of response, but it's the only thing I can think of that does anything to explain it.

    He does seem genuinely disgusted with himself and I wish Penn students had taken his advice and gone home to study and get a good night's sleep. His admission that he wishes that he had done more probably didn't sit well with administrators. I wonder if he wasn't partly fired in order to shut him up. In any event, a lot more heads will (or should) roll before this case has run its course.There is plenty of blame to go around.

    Related note: I just endured listening to an hour of Colin Cowherd (if that's not a stage name, he should sue his parents) on ESPN. NEVER AGAIN! This guy is the Glenn Beck of sports reporting. Ugh!



    You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I've got your back on this on, Lisamarie.

    The real tragedy of the whole Joe Paterno situation is that he was one of those rare coaches who was not only a winner on the field, but also strove to be an educator off the field. (I see some parallels between his disgrace and that of Woody Hayes, whereby Hayes' sins were ones of commission and inability to control his hot temper and Paterno's were sins of omission, but I digress.) So people rightly expected much more of him and it hurts that much more that he fell far short of the mark.

    I can't for the life of me imagine what he was thinking. Maybe he wasn't. I know this may be interpreted as ageism, but the man is 84. Even back when this started he was what - 72 or 73? There are plenty of guys who are already in a retirement home at that age - or should be. That doesn't excuse his lack of response, but it's the only thing I can think of that does anything to explain it.

    He does seem genuinely disgusted with himself and I wish Penn students had taken his advice and gone home to study and get a good night's sleep. His admission that he wishes that he had done more probably didn't sit well with administrators. I wonder if he wasn't partly fired in order to shut him up. In any event, a lot more heads will (or should) roll before this case has run its course.There is plenty of blame to go around.

    Related note: I just endured listening to an hour of Colin Cowherd (if that's not a stage name, he should sue his parents) on ESPN. NEVER AGAIN! This guy is the Glenn Beck of sports reporting. Ugh!
    I agree, John. And that is all the more reason why he should have done more IMO.

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    Just heard on the radio that some Boston columnists are investigating Sandusky's Second Mile Foundation for pimping out boys to wealthy donors.

    This is going to get A LOT worse....

    .

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Good grief havoc! I'm gonna see if I can find anything online about it....

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    545
    PED STATE!

    Should I put Sandusky on my Death List? Really, I give that man less than one year to live after he is sent to prison. I love how there's a hierarchy of bad guys even among inmates...the pedos are the most reviled! Justice! I could also imagine Sandusky killing himself in prison.

    I do take major issue with that doofus former grad asst who watched a ten-year old boy be raped in the shower and not only did nothing to stop it immediately, *he* gets to move up to through the ranks of college football and will be COACHING the game. Wrong! He needs his head examined. In many ways, he is almost as morally corrupt as Sandusky. Would he have stopped a knife fight in the showers? A strangulation?

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Mandatory reporting was not required at this time.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  32. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Mandatory reporting was not required at this time.
    They are checking into that now to see if Penn State violated the Clery Act, see post #70.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clery_Act

  33. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Good grief havoc! I'm gonna see if I can find anything online about it....
    Still a rumor......

    http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry...donors-2011-11

    .

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Thanks havoc, I hadnt found anything on it.

    Bloody hell, if this ends up being true I bet it blows the lid of alot of other things, and people too. Someone at work wondered if this was true, would they release names of clients? I think not but I wish they would. Kinda reminds me of that madame from a few years back and her little black book. Seems like it had names of Hollywood stars and celebrities. IIRC they never publicly released any of those names.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    Also, McQueary won’t be the head coach this weekend, but he’s still be on the sidelines as a Receivers coach. This is a guy who walked past a 10 year old boy being raped.

    Inexcusable.....

    I wouldn't want to work in Penn State's PR department right now.


    .

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,231
    Disgusting... If SOMEONE - ANYONE would have gone to the PoPo in 2002 - think about how many lives that would have saved. No these kids aren't "dead", but they will have this to carry for the rest of their lives.

    Shame on you PED STATE - you are no different than the alter boy cover ups and you ALL have your own level of guilt.
    My Posse's On Broadway

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Also, McQueary won’t be the head coach this weekend, but he’s still be on the sidelines as a Receivers coach. This is a guy who walked past a 10 year old boy being raped.

    Inexcusable.....

    I wouldn't want to work in Penn State's PR department right now.


    .
    I read on cnn.com that McQuery's dad said his son cant wait to give his side of the story but cant now because of the investigations.

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,470
    For all the conspiracy theorists. Enjoy.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sp...tery.html?_r=2


    .
    Last edited by havoc; 11-10-2011 at 02:51 PM.

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,622
    Not one 9-1-1 call. Hell has a special place for pigs like this. I wish I could be the one to hand down justice to this POS... probably best not. A one-time application of Sharia Law... me, this animal Sandusky, a large sword, and a basket for his head to fall into...

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    I wonder if this is the son whose children are to stay away from Grampa Pedo?

    http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2011/...eveland-browns

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Eastern TN
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    If I am recalling correctly the graduate assistant who (honest to God) looks like Howdy Doody told Paterno that the victim was about 10 years old.

    And while we're on the subject Howdy Doody calls Dad Doody? Are you serious? If I saw a 10 years old with palms against the shower wall while that diddlin' son of a bitch was raping him - I'd grab the nearest fire extinguisher and slam the bastard upside the head. Then I'd take the heel of my shoe and grind his wormy prick so that it would become one with the drain.

    I am also offended that the media is tempering it a bit by calling it sexual abuse. It was CHILD RAPE...and everyone who knew or had some inking is just as responsible as the diddler.

    An announcer said that as a society we are supposed to protect our children and if we don't what kind of society is it?

    Want to take bets that the child rapist commits suicide before he goes to trial?
    You took the words right out of my mouth.......... well said.
    "Death is when the monsters get you." --Stephen King Salem's Lot

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,425
    Two points I'd like to make:

    This also points to the idolatry and ivory-tower status of college sports - most especially football. Believe me - I know it's not limited to Penn State. I am originally from Florida (Go, Gators) and the South (and West and everywhere else) has its share of sports worship to the point of insanity. Penn State football was more than just "football" - if I read correctly, that program brought something like $91 *MILLION* dollars a year to Penn State. That's not a football program - that's practically a Fortune 500 conglomerate. To say that Joe Paterno had "superiors" is to laugh. Do you really think that Paterno wasn't the walking example of the 500 pound gorilla?


    And secondly -


    the insular world of college campuses. I'm sorry, but the law enforcement of the municipality where a school is located should have definite authority over campus cops - ESPECIALLY where felonies of any type are concerned.


    VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post


    the insular world of college campuses. I'm sorry, but the law enforcement of the municipality where a school is located should have definite authority over campus cops - ESPECIALLY where felonies of any type are concerned.


    VCNJ~
    This was a big problem at UConn where I went to college. Campus PD was basically in charge of everything for the campus and the town because it was so small. But then again we didn't have campus cops. .they were their own department within the state.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  44. #94
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    For all the conspiracy theorists. Enjoy.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/sp...tery.html?_r=2

    Thanks for the link.Something doesnt smell right.Why did he want to destroy his harddrive?Methinks this guy knew something.
    .

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    DFW area
    Posts
    775
    I read that the DA who was investigating Sandusky regarding his foundation went MIA and is declared dead. Sounds very fishy. Those poor kids I get that the guy who walked in on Sandusky was shocked to say the least but how do you not do something to stop it! He turned tail and ran.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    sacramento, ca
    Posts
    297
    This is wrong on so many levels. Sandusky is a monster, he should be taken out back and shot. simple as that. Anyone who knew and did nothing should be in prison. Unforgiveable.

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Joe Paterno was one of many, many people who covered up child rape to protect a fucking sports team and, surprise, he made himself the face of Penn State football, so of course he’s going to be the biggest target. That’s the price of a “legacy.” And if you’re looking at this situation going, “But he won so many games!” you’re part of the problem. I am beyond dissapointed in Joe Paterno!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pathetic isn't it? If the trustees at Penn State had any sense they would clean house from the top down, take all of the administrators and coaching staff out and start from scratch. The place sounds rotten to the core, It is an entrenched culture.

    I wonder how many other school football teams and administrators are looking sideways at each other over this?
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-11-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    147
    I went to my many years long- time hairdresser this afternoon, and this subject came up. According to her, she and her husband have been following the case (without reading the grand jury testimony and she doesn’t trust media reports.) She said coach Paterno was illegally fired because he followed the chain of command. and it wasn’t his responsibility to follow-up or worry about Sandusky continuing to be in the athletic department with an office, as the Head Coach had done all that was required of him. Her thoughts are that you have to be charged with a crime to be fired, and since that hasn’t happened Paterno can sue the University. What?? I’ve worked for companies all my life, and sometimes people are let go, but they haven’t been charged any criminal activity. I mentioned about moral responsibility, but she wasn’t listening.

    I almost came apart when she said “when this happened, why didn’t the children put a stop to it. Why didn’t they tell their parents” By that time, I realized that she knew nothing about child abuse victims. She was blaming the young victims.

    That will be my last hair appt. with her.
    Last edited by dia846; 11-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,057
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Check out the Grand Jury testimony in post #43, start at page 6. The grad asst did report it, to his dad first then he went to Joe's house the next day to tell him. I am scanning the report and it appears no one ever went back to get anything else from the grad asst.
    1. He should have beat the shit out of sandusky and called the cops, immediately.
    2. What kind of pussified piece of shit has to call daddy to find out what to do? He was 28.
    3. He should already be fired and he damn well should have charges brought. If the rest turns out to be true, the whole damn campus should be bulldozed.

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,625
    I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but here's Sandusky's Indictment. When reading this, my stomach was doing flip-flops, and to just think that all the students were protesting Paterno's firing, but not the taking of these children's innocence.

    http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C4181508116.PDF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •