View Poll Results: Should Joe Paterno step down at Penn State?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It is time for Joe Paterno to go.

69 87.34%
  • No. Joe Paterno should stay at Penn State.

10 12.66%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Sandusky - Penn State Child Molestation Scandal

I really hope they have at LEAST one of these kids names and or statements?? Without a victim they have no crime. All they need is a dream team to defend him and he will walk. Has anyone even heard about knowg the victims names?? I cannot believe that studentgs are out their protseting this creeps firing? What the hell does that say about this generation where Football is more important then a kid /kids who have been raped? This not over yet,,long and drawn out coming up unless he pleads guilty and if he offs himself before trial? The whole thing is a mess and I am worried about the way they are handling it.

I saw one of the victims on HLN, today. They posted his name, though I don't remember it. According to his story, I believe he is identified as "Victim #6" in the indictment. I'm not sure if other names will be released, in the future.

I tried reading the indictment, but had to stop because it really made me sick. If it was me who had caught that scum in the showers with the boy, I would have grabbed the heaviest object in the locker room and bashed the sicko's head. Then I would have called police. No, dad who have been the last person I would call.
    Cindy

I just finished speaking with a colleague who is now at PSU.

She said that the Pedo and his wife were out jogging yesterday morning around campus. And from all the rumors she's hearing she thinks there's a whole lot more to this. Latest buzz is that Paterno has hired a criminal defense attorney. I tend to believe this because it was on several newsreports this morning.

I wonder how long until the PSU Alumni office sends me a heartfelt letter requesting that I up my donations to the school? That'll be about the time I let them know that my donations stop. I can't support any institution that ignores child rape.

It reminds me a lot of the vatican and all thos priest who they cover up for...My husband is in complete denial and like I told him what if it had been our child ? Any mis deed can be forgived if they play great football, Its amazing to me . Im disgusted with these kids rioting and wearing white for Jo Po...is a 10 year old that easily disposed of and not cared for ? I just dont understand this one at all...he really , really dissapointed me...Think if he had stepped forward and helped these kids and what a hero he would have been. But hey kids got a bloody anus..." look at this play"

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    It reminds me a lot of the vatican and all thos priest who they cover up for...My husband is in complete denial and like I told him what if it had been our child ? Any mis deed can be forgived if they play great football, Its amazing to me . Im disgusted with these kids rioting and wearing white for Jo Po...is a 10 year old that easily disposed of and not cared for ? I just dont understand this one at all...he really , really dissapointed me...Think if he had stepped forward and helped these kids and what a hero he would have been. But hey kids got a bloody anus..." look at this play"
    Penn State seems determinded to handle this poorly to the bitter end including shifting the focus off the victims to Joe Pa and their football team. But being football selfish I thank them for taking to focus off my Buckeyes who walked out of their scandle with tattoos rather than scars. Too I am thankful for their willingness to flush a winning season and it does serve as an object lesson on accountability.

I tried reading this document too and could not stomach it. So disgusting... I learned last year my grandfather molested my sister when she was a little girl. Now I know why my sister was so screwed up growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    I just finished speaking with a colleague who is now at PSU.

She said that the Pedo and his wife were out jogging yesterday morning around campus. And from all the rumors she's hearing she thinks there's a whole lot more to this. Latest buzz is that Paterno has hired a criminal defense attorney. I tend to believe this because it was on several newsreports this morning.

I wonder how long until the PSU Alumni office sends me a heartfelt letter requesting that I up my donations to the school? That'll be about the time I let them know that my donations stop. I can't support any institution that ignores child rape.
    If the buzz is true about hiring a lawyer, could Petrano and the rest of the gang (especially McQueary) be charged with "accessory after the fact"?
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    If the buzz is true about hiring a lawyer, could Petrano and the rest of the gang (especially McQueary) be charged with "accessory after the fact"?
    OMG - That would be freakin awesome!!! I think there should be some legal recourse here - not matter what. This "I told my boss" BULLSHIT is a freakin' cop out...

IMO - they are just as guilty - doing NOTHING is just like handing Sandusky the keys to the shower and a 10 year old!!! They are ALL POS!!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Flush them all !

There was a time were it was believed that you don't stick your nose in other people's business. If Paterno had reported it he probably wouldn't have been believed and lost his job. I am not saying he was right. I am saying it is easy to judge when you look at culture this day and age and not culture when this was happening.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I found a web site which has the Cliff Note's version of the grand jury report and then if you scroll on down some it has the full on grand jury report. I am just going to link to it for anyone who might not be able to stomach reading the entire grand jury report because of how it is about something unholy.

http://deadspin.com/penn-state-scandal/

This makes me want to throw up.

This is just horrible.

The thing that gets me is that the cover up was all about protecting the brand. If the university had just done the right thing in 2002 and turned him over to the police, they would have come out looking much better in the public eye and their brand image would look much better now

Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    This is just horrible.

The thing that gets me is that the cover up was all about protecting the brand. If the university had just done the right thing in 2002 and turned him over to the police, they would have come out looking much better in the public eye and their brand image would look much better now
    This is what is so strange about this. It was more important to keep the brand going than to help a child that was raped and witnessed. McQueary saw the most vile act possible, and yet did nothing but run and call dad. The child was not important enough to save, but Penn State logo was.

Yeah, all the characters in this disgusting tale needs to be in jail.
    Cindy

I really puzzled by this one. I've read and listened to as full of the story as I think I could get from all sides as I THINK I could. I don't follow college football, but it looks like Jo Pa is a puke for not firing this guy, but fully within his legal rights for not doing so. What the hell am I talking about? Well, as other posters have written, he reported it to his higher ups when it happened, then a few other times along the way, including during his Grand Jury testimony. So I don't see how he was at fault. I know some of you get sick of me saying this, but I was in H.R. for years, and if a Supervisor or Lead reported an incident to us, we'd take over the investigation. Sometimes they'd come back to us after the individual was allowed to keep his or her job and ask why. We'd actually have to say BY LAW, "that's none of your business." Seriously. So IMHO, either the Vice President, who Jo Pa made aware of the incident in 98, dropped the ball by not investigating it, or the VP DID investigate it and didn't find that it warranted any further action. Either way, it seems from what is being reported, that it was no longer in Paterno's hands. NOW MORALLY, I wouldn't want a diddler on my staff. It would sicken me. But Sandusky would have had a hefty wrongful term suit on his hands if Paterno had sacked him just because he suspected him of the sickening acts he was accused of. Who knows what really happened, but I truly think that this guy is a scape goat, I just can't figure out why. But like I said, I don't follow college football. Maybe he had a hefty golden parachute coming up.
    Either this wallpaper goes or I do. ~~Oscar Wilde's purported dying words

I did not get my SpahettiOs. I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this. ~~ Grasso, Thomas J. - 1995 death row inmate on his last meal

Paterno couldn't have sacked him. He had already retired when he knew he wasn't going to get the head coaching job (wonder if the earlier reported inicidents made that dream go away????)

Paterno knew about the later accusations, at least from reports. By that time, Sandusky had been allowed an office in the athlete department with the lofty title of Professor Emeritis. Apparently the "he's losing his keys to the dept" had been forgotten

My thoughts are always with the young victims.
    Last edited by dia846; 11-11-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    I really puzzled by this one. I've read and listened to as full of the story as I think I could get from all sides as I THINK I could. I don't follow college football, but it looks like Jo Pa is a puke for not firing this guy, but fully within his legal rights for not doing so. What the hell am I talking about? Well, as other posters have written, he reported it to his higher ups when it happened, then a few other times along the way, including during his Grand Jury testimony. So I don't see how he was at fault. I know some of you get sick of me saying this, but I was in H.R. for years, and if a Supervisor or Lead reported an incident to us, we'd take over the investigation. Sometimes they'd come back to us after the individual was allowed to keep his or her job and ask why. We'd actually have to say BY LAW, "that's none of your business." Seriously. So IMHO, either the Vice President, who Jo Pa made aware of the incident in 98, dropped the ball by not investigating it, or the VP DID investigate it and didn't find that it warranted any further action. Either way, it seems from what is being reported, that it was no longer in Paterno's hands. NOW MORALLY, I wouldn't want a diddler on my staff. It would sicken me. But Sandusky would have had a hefty wrongful term suit on his hands if Paterno had sacked him just because he suspected him of the sickening acts he was accused of. Who knows what really happened, but I truly think that this guy is a scape goat, I just can't figure out why. But like I said, I don't follow college football. Maybe he had a hefty golden parachute coming up.
    Child molestation is not a workplace issue and not subject to some chain of command protocol involving issuing a grievance or reporting an incident to an immediate supervisor and even if that were the case he seemed to be satisfied by the response because he pursued it no further. Never heard of a companies Human Resource dept conducting an internal investigation concerning allegations of child molestation without the involvement of law enforcement. Seems as though any such accusation in any legit organisation would result in police involvement if only to absolve said org of any culpability or conspiracy charges.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Hes not a scapegoat as his guttercrawling genuflectors gutturalize. Hes a public figure being judged for his remissive behavior.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Totally agree with Ichabodius. Seems like each and everyone of them had a responsibility to inform the LAW. I can't for the life of me figure out why the red headed witness still has his job. I think the school should take a much harder line and clean house. Anyone who knew and did not contact LE should be gone. If they run such upstanding programs, by all means stand up and clean house. Send a Clear message that breaking the law will not be tolerated.
    I'll get you my pretty..... and your little dog too!

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    There was a time were it was believed that you don't stick your nose in other people's business. If Paterno had reported it he probably wouldn't have been believed and lost his job. I am not saying he was right. I am saying it is easy to judge when you look at culture this day and age and not culture when this was happening.
    I think you may be onto something there. He grew up in what - the late 40s early 50s? That's a huge disconnect. Attitudes were a lot different then. From the look of things, I'm guessing there probably wasn't a lot of in-service training about things like sexual abuse going on either.

Again, it doesn't excuse his behavior, but it would help make it a little more understandable.

I bet athletic departments across the country are now vetting their personnel and scrambling to organize workshops on this topic. If not, they should be.

You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I think you may be onto something there. He grew up in what - the late 40s early 50s? That's a huge disconnect. Attitudes were a lot different then. From the look of things, I'm guessing there probably wasn't a lot of in-service training about things like sexual abuse going on either.

Again, it doesn't excuse his behavior, but it would help make it a little more understandable.

I bet athletic departments across the country are now vetting their personnel and scrambling to organize workshops on this topic. If not, they should be.
    He was already a well established and respected person when the allegations began. His involvement began in 2002 fcs not 1962. Most likely he wouldve been praised for this not condemned at worse exonerated or justified for reporting it. He chose to ignore civic and moral duty by not reporting this to law enforcement. Who cares if he grew up on the Steppes of Eurasia in the 1200s c.e. raised as the favored bastard son of Genghis Kahn and fell through an expansive soil crack containing a time portal and ended up occupying the body of some ugly ass fuck in 1930s Brooklyn. The abuse didnt happen 800 years ago nor 80 years ago. It was wrong at whatever date it happened but more unforgivable due to the era in which it occurred.

Sandusky's case is really very alarming specially in the part of the parents of the students of PSU. Now, fallout from Sandusky abuse case brings Paterno into question. Attorneys acquainted with the ongoing court suit of previous Penn State football defensive coordinator Gerald Arthur “Jerry” Sandusky have observed that head coach Joe Paterno might not face criminal charges for reporting Sandusky's supposed sexual abuse of an underage boy to the school's athletic manager rather than the authorities. According to the New York Daily News, Sandusky apparently sexually abused a child in the Penn State Nittany Lions' locker room in 2002.

Every one of them that knew about it, and did nothing about it, breached their 'duty of care' responsibilities and are therefore most culpable. There is provision in the law to take them all to the cleaners. If and when the victims come forward the torts will be flying.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    He was already a well established and respected person when the allegations began. His involvement began in 2002 fcs not 1962. Most likely he wouldve been praised for this not condemned at worse exonerated or justified for reporting it. He chose to ignore civic and moral duty by not reporting this to law enforcement. Who cares if he grew up on the Steppes of Eurasia in the 1200s c.e. raised as the favored bastard son of Genghis Kahn and fell through an expansive soil crack containing a time portal and ended up occupying the body of some ugly ass fuck in 1930s Brooklyn. The abuse didnt happen 800 years ago nor 80 years ago. It was wrong at whatever date it happened but more unforgivable due to the era in which it occurred.
    Absolutely excellent post!

I'm tired of reading " back in Paterno's day". Wrong then is wrong now, and anyone with decency should have known that. Same as it's always been. I'm not too much younger than Sandusky, and there is no way most people of my generation would condone or make excuses for any of these individuals who knew, covered up, or looked the other way

That is more or less my point.

I'm not trying to justify what the man did (or in this case, didn't do).

You would surely agree, however, that it would helpful to know why someone who apparently set such high standards for himself and others failed so woefully.

Then it would possible to do something proactive, for example, mandatory workshops for all coaches and staff at all NCAA schools. Because if Joe Paterno did stop growing as an "educator" some 40 years ago, he is probably not the only one who is "stuck in time". If there are any others out there, we need to get them "unstuck" fast. I would not rule out dope slaps as a valid teaching method in this case - anything to change some attitudes.

Or we can just crucify the guilty and sit around self satisfied until the next scandal rolls along.

Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    That is more or less my point.

I'm not trying to justify what the man did (or in this case, didn't do).

You would surely agree, however, that it would helpful to know why someone who apparently set such high standards for himself and others failed so woefully.

Then it would possible to do something proactive, for example, mandatory workshops for all coaches and staff at all NCAA schools. Because if Joe Paterno did stop growing as an "educator" some 40 years ago, he is probably not the only one who is "stuck in time". If there are any others out there, we need to get them "unstuck" fast. I would not rule out dope slaps as a valid teaching method in this case - anything to change some attitudes.

Or we can just crucify the guilty and sit around self satisfied until the next scandal rolls along.
    Yeah its great and all to sit around and contemplate the historical context of a conspiracy of silence concerning criminal activity. The grey poupon cant be handed off to another limousine in this instance though. A 69 year old man with full capacity for reasoning and strategy chose to neglect reporting the supposed rape of a child to proper authorities. How is holding him accountable not being proactive? It sets a precedent for possible future cases and lays down a new set of guidelines. Yeah its great to psychoanalyze the dude but it doesnt lessen the magnitude of his (non)actions. I didnt suggest capital punishment or crucifixion for his actions either. I dont think killing a senior citizen for past indiscretions is an appropriate response. Im more of a new testament kind of guy.

Yeah its great and all to sit around and contemplate the historical context of a conspiracy of silence concerning criminal activity. The grey poupon cant be handed off to another limousine in this instance though. A 69 year old man with full capacity for reasoning and strategy chose to neglect reporting the supposed rape of a child to proper authorities. How is holding him accountable not being proactive? It sets a precedent for possible future cases and lays down a new set of guidelines. Yeah its great to psychoanalyze the dude but it doesnt lessen the magnitude of his (non)actions. I didnt suggest capital punishment or crucifixion for his actions either. I dont think killing a senior citizen for past indiscretions is an appropriate response. Im more of a new testament kind of guy.
    Look, I'm trying desparately to agree with you - everything you say is correct.

I would just really, really like to know why he got himself into such a predicament when the right course of action seems so obvious and so totaly opposite what he did - maybe because I think there may be something to learn from it.

I surrender . . . can we just say that you're right and I'm maybe an itty bitty teeny weeny bit right and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    If I am recalling correctly the graduate assistant who (honest to God) looks like Howdy Doody told Paterno that the victim was about 10 years old.

And while we're on the subject Howdy Doody calls Dad Doody? Are you serious? If I saw a 10 years old with palms against the shower wall while that diddlin' son of a bitch was raping him - I'd grab the nearest fire extinguisher and slam the bastard upside the head. Then I'd take the heel of my shoe and grind his wormy prick so that it would become one with the drain.

I am also offended that the media is tempering it a bit by calling it sexual abuse. It was CHILD RAPE...and everyone who knew or had some inking is just as responsible as the diddler.

An announcer said that as a society we are supposed to protect our children and if we don't what kind of society is it?

Want to take bets that the child rapist commits suicide before he goes to trial?
    THANK YOU! Finally someone calling it what it is. RAPE. Not having sex with or intercourse with. No child has sex or intercourse they are raped.

I just finished watching College Gameday and I must say that all of the ESPN announcers were on point with their comments. None of them gave any excuses for JoePA and none of them declined to comment on what is going on either. They interviewed an older lady that is a Penn State Alumni and she said she is embarrassed and mad and upset, which are all valid emotions.

Apparently the "red head" has had death threats and they put him on administrative leave and he ended up quitting. This is just going to get worse as more details come out.

I didn't read the thread so if anybody already said something like it I'm sorry.
    Heres what really pisses me off about this case.
    Sandusky was doin little boys for years even pimping them out.
    Paterno knew about it and he turned him in but he didn't turn him into the police.
    Paterno knew about this for years and so did the college President and no one went to the cops.
    Sandusky did his perp walk. Paterno who said he was going to retire as the winningest coach in college history
    got canned that night along with the college president.
    What did the students do? They were so pissed off that Paterno is no longer the coach they flipped a news van.
    Now let me get this straight. Child molestation was going on and nobody reported it, they get caught and fired.
    And now the Penn State students are mad because the football coach got fired? Did any of those delinquints who
    flipped the news van give a fuck as to all the victims? No. They don't have Paterno anymore.
    This is what these idiots are mad at? Why do we hold sports figures in such high authority?
    Michael Vick- Still playing Plaxido Burris-(sure I killed that spelling)still playing Marv Albert- Still broadcasting the last I heard
    the list goes on and on. O.J who committed 2 murders and hid all his assets now someones prison bitch.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Apparently Texas is showing an interest in investigating Sandusky stemming from an incident that took place with a minor in 1999 during a bowl game. When it rains, it pours.

It doesn't surprise me McQuery quit. It may have been the best move, considering all the psychos out there sending death threats.
    “I’ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me.” ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Apparently Texas is showing an interest in investigating Sandusky stemming from an incident that took place with a minor in 1999 during a bowl game. When it rains, it pours.

It doesn't surprise me McQuery quit. It may have been the best move, considering all the psychos out there sending death threats.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/11/police-launch-inquiry-into-possible-sandusky-crime-in-san-antonio/

I forgot where I read it, but I remember one detail. The grad assistant said he went into the locker room because he heard rhythmic slapping noises. He said it sounded sexual and when he went to go look what it was, he saw a boy around 10 years old getting raped. OMG when I read that, I got so sickened!!!

Okay...now my fanny is really chapped.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...ty_member.aspx

Slightly ot, but I watched the documentary on Rene Portland last night called "Training Rules". When you see the head in the sand attitude they had about that, it's easy to believe that this went on as long as it did.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

You said it all...they all need to hang.

It also really bothers me that Sandusky set up this charity probably solely for the pupose of putting him in contact with potential victims.

I just read that Saundsky was paid around a half a million by his charity after the charity was made aware of his hugging a child in the showers in 1998

All of these ass clowns lived in a world completely detached from ours.

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    1. He should have beat the shit out of sandusky and called the cops, immediately.
    2. What kind of pussified piece of shit has to call daddy to find out what to do? He was 28.
    3. He should already be fired and he damn well should have charges brought. If the rest turns out to be true, the whole damn campus should be bulldozed.

You are absolutely 100% right. I thought the same thing He's a 200 something lbs seemingly fit man who could have easlily stopped the the rape. Calling his daddy Please.

An Observation:

Has anyone else noticed that there is no one vouching for Sandusky? I mean no one.

Even Jeffrey Dahmer had neighbors saying he was quiet and unassuming....but no one is coming forward to say that Sandusky could not possibly be guilty of the charges. I do understand that anyone doing that would be crucified but you have his neighbors, relatives, etc.

The son of a bitch is carrying on his life as though nothing is wrong - jogging in the morning through the streets of State College - then shopping at Dick's Sporting Good (I'll refrain from the obvious jokes here) for a treadmill. Several posters on the Daily Collegian are calling for the students to honk their horns or call out to him if they see him on the streets of University Park.

And good, upstanding, family man, coach Paterno has hired a DC attorney. No need for a DC attorney unless there's a Federal Investigation - and something to hide/defend. Latest news is that there is going to be a Federal Investigation.

I know it's been said before but there is so much dirt buried on that campus I'm not sure PSU will ever get out of the mess.

I just can't stop thinking about that poor little boy who Sandusky was raping in the shower when the Grad Assistant walked in. I keep on thinking the little boy was probably relieve when they got caught, thinking the nightmare is probably over, that Sandusky would stop, but he didn't. My heart is breaking for all the boys.

Nothing new under the sun. During the same time Sandusky was abusing his victims, there was another huge scandal going on where? UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA.:

University of Nebraska former chancellor Ronald Roskens was fired from the position in 1989 when his involvement in homosexual orgies was reported to the university's board of regents and verified by them.

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    As a current Employee Relations Manager, you and I are on the same page. Yes, Joe Paterno comes off a jerk. But, from an employment standpoint, it appears as though he followed the chain of command. The blame and failure to act lies solely on the Athletic Director and VP of Finance's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by AliWProk View Post
    Nothing new under the sun. During the same time Sandusky was abusing his victims, there was another huge scandal going on where? UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA.:

University of Nebraska former chancellor Ronald Roskens was fired from the position in 1989 when his involvement in homosexual orgies was reported to the university's board of regents and verified by them.
    Although I don't have all of the details, it seems to me that homosexual orgies are a far cry from child molestation.

It involved children, specifically those involved in the Franklin Scandal. Too much to go into here, but here's some background:

http://www.franklincase.org/index.ph...&id=2&Itemid=3

Am I misunderstanding something here? The mother knew about this and didnt call the cops?? I read that whole thing and it sounds like she knew something was going on or that it happened and she did nothing. I also cannot understand that school was letting him take the kids out of classes and the parents didn't? The parents never signed anything saying he could remove those kids from classes? I also think the coach that saw him raping that kid in the shower should have taken the kid home and told the parents. All of this sounds like a grade C movie. Kids being used for sex , adults seeing it, knowing it and saying nothing to the proper authorites or parents??? A D.A. doesn't press charges and then disappears and never has been found( money changed hands)? I don't care what procedures a school has in place for reporting about an employees bad behavior is .rape is NOT and hand slap thing. The cops should have been called. If this guy saw Sandusky stabbing someone to death he would wait and report it to the Dean in the morning? This isn't tattle telling this is RAPE. Then we have the students out there bitching and protesting? What the fuck is it in the water there? The man was raping little boys and people were watching it and doing nothing, covering up for him, and the students who have to be MORONS are protesting these people getting fired? I thoughtn the 60's were bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by AliWProk View Post
    It involved children, specifically those involved in the Franklin Scandal. Too much to go into here, but here's some background:

http://www.franklincase.org/index.ph...&id=2&Itemid=3

Well, the New York Times says a Federal Grand Jury found that the charges were unfounded and a hoax:

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/27/us/omaha-tales-of-sexual-abuse-ruled-false.html?

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/29/us...rid-tales.html

In fact, two different grand juries threw out the allegations and two supposed vicitims were indicted for perjury (and one sentenced to 9-15 years imprisonment)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankli...ng_allegations
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 11-13-2011 at 04:40 PM.

These incidents were taking place well into the 1990s already, about 15 years after the McMartin case (for what THAT fiasco was worth) and all the new standards for reporting all kinds of abuse in schools that were promoted afterward.
    This all boils down to the money. Apparently if you have a humdinger of a coach and assistant coach working the players to make the $$$, and hopefully grooming the next generation, a minor thing like child rape must be overlooked. I guess they couldn't find another great asst. coach who DIDN'T abuse children? There MUST be SOME!