View Poll Results: Should Joe Paterno step down at Penn State?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It is time for Joe Paterno to go.

69 87.34%
  • No. Joe Paterno should stay at Penn State.

10 12.66%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Sandusky - Penn State Child Molestation Scandal

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Jefe was saying the cops were called. I've read a zillion articles on this but I didnt recall the cops being called. I prolly missed it though, getting everything all meshed together. I was thinking it didnt go past the university level. What I'm remembering maybe old news though. That Joe told Sandusky that he (Joe) would take care of it.
    Mr. Mc Q is NOW saying that cops were called - he is trying to cover his ass. Gee, imagine that more "cover up".

I read about the house selling shiznit in couple of places. Basically he is trying to save his house if he gets sued. The house has been "sold" to his wife and is no longer HIS asset. "Ass Saver"....
    My Posse's On Broadway

I need to read that grand jury testimony again......all this info is starting to spin in my pea brain....

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Mr. Mc Q is NOW saying that cops were called - he is trying to cover his ass. Gee, imagine that more "cover up".

I read about the house selling shiznit in couple of places. Basically he is trying to save his house if he gets sued. The house has been "sold" to his wife and is no longer HIS asset. "Ass Saver"....
    SInce this house thing happened in July, I am going to try and refrain from thinking that Joe did this because he knew what was coming down the pike. Most of you know how I feel about all this, so I am not taking up for Joe. It is possible that because of his age he made a move like this. But you gotta admit its fishy. I will be anxious to see what comes of this. If you do believe these two things are connected, then...........what happened back in the summer to prompt Joe to do this? I'm really surprised we havent seen anymore headlines about that missing DA Gricar too. I think he is somehow tied into all this as well.

I agree with slingshot.I think Gricar new something.

If the cops were not called then the star witness is a liar that will get destroyed in court. Didn't a missing DA make the decision way back when this first happened not to press charges?
    Last edited by JefeStone; 11-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Apparently, the missing DA had decided not to press charges, but his laptop and hard drive (he had Googled "how to erase a hard-drive on his home computer) were found at the bottom of a river. I'm wondering if his decision was considered to be "too little, too late," and the Penn State powers-that-be had him done away with, anyway. I know that's a conspiracy theory, but it's starting to make more and more sense to me.

On a side note, Sandusky has teeth like a barracuda, and he REALLY weirds me out. I have a pretty good sense of people's characters, and I believe this guy is as creepy as they come.

On a show I watched last night, a psychiatrist stated that most pedophiles have HUNDREDS of victims, who span the course of their life. I just hope more people come forth, and have the courage to put this guy away. Also, if charges are brought in TX, where he was basically having a long-standing "affair" with Victim #4 ( the victim even wanted Sandusky to be the godfather to his child--Stockholm Syndrome, anyone?), the DA said he could get life. I just hate that if he DID do all these things, that he's lived a wonderful life for the past 15 years, while his victims lived in agony. To me, prison's too good for this kind of offender.
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 11-16-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Jefe was saying the cops were called.
    The only evidence I have heard about the cops being called was in an e-mail that the assistant coach sent to a friend. He also said he stopped the attack, though not physically whatever that means.

Essentially, it sounds to me like a guy making excuses to a friend, nothing more. But we'll see.

nah not at all luv. We are cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    Thanks for your comment, and to everyone else who wished me well. My abuse happened from age 2-6, so I was younger than these victims, but I think it's all the same, when it comes down to it....devastating.

I hope I didn't come off as being rude or harsh in my previous comment. Sometimes, online, it's tough to get things across without sounding like a butthole. :P

Mommies little clones. Est since 2004!

McQuery discussed the incident with Gary Schultz who was VP of Penn State at the time and supervised campus police. There is no record of Schultz reporting the alleged abuse to campus police.
    Maybe he thought the supposed discussion was equivalent to reporting the incident to police.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I guess you missed the part where Sandusky's supposed victim says McQueary's version didnt happen.

BOB COSTAS: You said a few days ago much more is going to come out in our defense. In broad terms, what?

JOE AMENDOLA: We expect we're going to have a number of kids. Now how many of those so-called eight kids, we're not sure. But we anticipate we're going to have at least several of those kids come forward and say this never happened. This is me. This is the allegation. It never occurred. In fact, one of the toughest allegations -- the McQueary violations -- what McQueary said he saw, we have information that that child says that never happened. Now grown up... now the person's in his 20s
    Where is quote from the supposed victim in which he states McQuery's version of events never happened? I just see Sandusky's lawyer saying he has info that the child says it never happened.
    BTW the lawyer emancipated a 16 year old girl from her parents and proceeded to impregnate her while she was 16 and he was 49. Legal but questionable to have such a person defending you in a child molestation case.
    http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-penn-state-lawyer-20111116,0,1702847.story

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Where is quote from the supposed victim in which he states McQuery's version of events never happened? I just see Sandusky's lawyer saying he has info that the child says it never happened.
    BTW the lawyer emancipated a 16 year old girl from her parents and proceeded to impregnate her while she was 16 and he was 49. Legal but questionable to have such a person defending you in a child molestation case.
    http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-penn-state-lawyer-20111116,0,1702847.story

OMG...I had no idea about this ich- thank you for the info. Obviously, it takes repulsive scum to know repulsive scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    The only evidence I have heard about the cops being called was in an e-mail that the assistant coach sent to a friend. He also said he stopped the attack, though not physically whatever that means.

Essentially, it sounds to me like a guy making excuses to a friend, nothing more. But we'll see.
    I am with you - it sounds like a "CYA" kinda thing to me.
    My Posse's On Broadway

"Missing" DA... Wow this story gets better everyday... Sounds like a a cover up from HELL!
    My Posse's On Broadway

No report made to these agencies: http://www.chron.com/news/article/La...ky-2273639.php
    My Posse's On Broadway

Hey I am just linkin' em' as I see em' - http://www.thesuperficial.com/police...led-us-11-2011

I do LOVE The Superficial's opinion at the end...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    I listened to the interview where he was asked 'Are you sexually attracted to young boys'? Sandusky answered by repeating the question. 'Am I sexually attracted to young boys? Sexually attracted, you know, I enjoy young people. I love to be around them. But no I'm not sexually attracted to young boys. '?WTF? If I were asked this question I would scream "NOOOO!!!" - It was really creepy to hear him say that - to me it sounded like someone lying and trying to justify himself in his mind.
    My husband and I thought the same thing when we listened to his interview. The pauses, etc. were painful and IMO very telling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    My husband and I thought the same thing when we listened to his interview. The pauses, etc. were painful and IMO very telling...
    Especially repeating the question back to Costas. Classic stall tactic to buy some thinking time.

Internet posting pointed to Sandusky.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45335880...me_and_courts/

Investigators with the Pennsylvania attorney general's office — who were already convinced Sandusky was a serial molester — were alerted to an Internet forum posting that mentioned a Penn Statefootball coach had kept silent about abuse he had witnessed years earlier, sources told the newspaper.
    The posting, on a forum where people chatted about Penn State athletics, allowed them to draw up a list of coaches likely to have seen something, which in turn led them to Penn State's wide receivers coach Mike McQueary.

I saw this while surfing. I think they tried to play it off (in the article I read) to be a retirement/planning ahead type thing.
    Hey slingshot I spoke with a tax attorney. He said there is absolutely no tax advantage for doing that....I've also read a few articles stating the same thing.

Paterno is one slick bastard.

No sympathy for Paterno here. Or anyone who failed to report him while knowing what was going on, either. What a disgusting old bastard.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I saw on HLN, today that quite a few more men have come forth and had interviews with an attorney regarding their abuse by Sandusky in the '70's. I swear, this just keeps getting sicker and sicker by the day. When are they gonna revoke this monster's bail? Oh, wait, it's UNSECURED bail, so he doesn't have to pay a cent, unless he doesn't show up for court next month. Just bring him in and let him sit in jail, for Pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    No sympathy for Paterno here. Or anyone who failed to report him while knowing what was going on, either. What a disgusting old bastard.
    Amen!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Anyone been to Penn State recently? About a year ago, the family and I were on a road trip and decided to drive around the campus. We ended up stopping into the (free) PSU Sports Museum for a look see. I am not a sports person at all, but it was really interesting. The museum covers all sports, but there is a huge section devoted just to JoePa- they have his entire game uniform of khaki pants, big safety goggle like glasses in a glass case, etc. so over the top. It is shrine like with pics of him thru the years, etc.

Can't help but wonder what the museum is like now...someone go by and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    Anyone been to Penn State recently? About a year ago, the family and I were on a road trip and decided to drive around the campus. We ended up stopping into the (free) PSU Sports Museum for a look see. I am not a sports person at all, but it was really interesting. The museum covers all sports, but there is a huge section devoted just to JoePa- they have his entire game uniform of khaki pants, big safety goggle like glasses in a glass case, etc. so over the top. It is shrine like with pics of him thru the years, etc.

Can't help but wonder what the museum is like now...someone go by and report back.
    I expect that little shrine will be dismantled very soon.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Joe Paterno has lung cancer.

Karma.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...y.html?hpid=z3

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Mandatory reporting was not required at this time.
    Moral reporting was. It's always been a crime to butt fuck children. Howdy Doody has forever lost any respect from any decent human being.

Maybe he will end up offing himself. No tears from me.

Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    Moral reporting was. It's always been a crime to butt fuck children. Howdy Doody has forever lost any respect from any decent human being.

Maybe he will end up offing himself. No tears from me.
    This debacle is SO far from funny in any way, shape or form- it's SICK. But I do have to admit I LMAO when someone questioned why Howdy Doody called Dad Doody instead of the police. Obviously the moron gene runs rampant in that family.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post

Karma.

I wonder if it is the same variety that the Lockerbie bomber had?

You know the one, deadly form of cancer, not long to live, death imminent so let of the hook, yet miraculously holds on for years.

Jo is reading from the same playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post

Karma.

His son says he has lung cancer.

I called my friend at PSU - she said that people up there think it's a smoke screen for sympathy. She also said that it's hard to get any work done because the rumor mills are going at full speed. Her students don't want to talk about anything else but the scandal.

On a side note - she did assure me that the majority of her students are baffled at the behavior of Paterno and the administration....the vocal ones said that he should have done something more.

Maybe there's a shred of hope yet.

This pic is wrong on so many levels... no wonder the video was canned..

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/19/joe-paterno-video-jerry-sandusky-linebacker/#comments-anchor

holy hell, that picture from the video just explains alot, thats just so wrong

Mommies little clones. Est since 2004!

Two MORE victims have come forth, and both are still minors. According to the news I was watching, the abuse happened during his Grand Jury Indictment. Oh, and one of these victims is Sandusky's own family member. Remind me why this guy's out on bail, again?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...-rss&FEEDNAME=

Two insignificant things I'd like to say --

1. Joe Paterno's hair is really strange. If he isn't wearing a toupee, he should try a new barber. No sense in having a full head of natural hair that looks fake.

2. Jerry Sandusky's mouth is really nasty. Something about his face screams, "Creep". As much money as he has undoubtedly made over the years, it never occurred to him to fix his teeth? Maybe if he had a decent smile, he could attract some legal twinks (over the age of 19).

I doubt if he is attracted to the legal ones. He does have crappy looking teeth, but a lot of wealthy people do and don't seem to make fixing their teeth a priority like I would with a lot of money. Kennedys anyone? Sandusky needs to do the world a favor and invest in some sturdy rope.

I wonder how things were for Sandusky's six adopted children and numerous foster children over the years/

I think we can about imagine exactly how it was for the adopted and foster children, unfortunately.

This case is going to get much worse before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I think we can about imagine exactly how it was for the adopted and foster children, unfortunately.
    Yes, one of the birth mothers has already been making the rounds. Imagine giving up your child, or knowing your child has to be taken from you, for his/her own good, and then you find out, s/he was placed.... THERE.

Just the number of adoptioms and placements is problematic. I wonder if all the children were older and not infants, as it's relatively easier to acquire older children (with issues that make them especially vulnerable) than babies.

I guess the social services who facilitated these adoptions and foster placements will be the NEXT to come under scrutiny.

No, I really can't imagine thinking you were doing the unselfish thing and giving up your child because you want them to have a better life, only to find out who they were living with. It would be a nightmare. That is one of the things that always bothered me the most about Lisa Steinberg. Her mom gave Lisa up for adoption only to find out the horrors that Lisa lived and being brutally murdered by Joel and his prison sentence was painfully inadequate. Old nasty perverted Sandusky went to a lot of trouble to insure that he would always have access to young children if the urge hit him.

No, I really can't imagine thinking you were doing the unselfish thing and giving up your child because you want them to have a better life, only to find out who they were living with. It would be a nightmare. That is one of the things that always bothered me the most about Lisa Steinberg. Her mom gave Lisa up for adoption only to find out the horrors that Lisa lived and being brutally murdered by Joel and his prison sentence was painfully inadequate. Old nasty perverted Sandusky went to a lot of trouble to insure that he would always have access to young children if the urge hit him.
    It kind of makes me wonder about Sandusky's marriage. Did they adopt because of fertility issues, or because they weren't, errr, compatible (but being Catholic and otherwise getting along, so they would not divorce)?

Methinks the Sanduskys did not have biological children because Mrs. Sandusky was never really Jerry's "type"...

I think that, too. I think Sandusky indulged in young boys and his wife indulged in spending the money Jerry brought in. She was just a prop to make him seem normal.

I think that, too. I think Sandusky indulged in young boys and his wife indulged in spending the money Jerry brought in. She was just a prop to make him seem normal.
    I think this is exactly the situation.

A beard?

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    A beard?
    LOL Neil! I thought EXACTLY the same thing, but wasn"t sure of the term as applied here. Now that I see it in your post, it fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    LOL Neil! I thought EXACTLY the same thing, but wasn"t sure of the term as applied here. Now that I see it in your post, it fits perfectly.
    Yep, the term BEARD definitely applies here IMO. I think we will eventually find out that his wife pretty much knew all along what was going on.

The Syracuse coach who got fired Sunday reminds me of Sandusky. Very smiliar situations with the abuse too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...t-coach-112711

Syracuse fires assistant coach.

Sandusky to conduct his own investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Randon thought: I was reading the NFL thread and thought about something. About how football and baseball (and other sports) have the habit of smacking asses. I'm not saying this represents homosexual behavior, I understand its somewhat of a bonding thing. Perfectly innocent. But how perfect a place for child abusers and pedophiles. And I also thought how this could contribute to victims not wanting to come forward. Maybe the lines between "the game" and abuse blur somewhat. And abusers are able to cash in on that feeling. JMO

Yep, the term BEARD definitely applies here IMO. I think we will eventually find out that his wife pretty much knew all along what was going on.

The Syracuse coach who got fired Sunday reminds me of Sandusky. Very smiliar situations with the abuse too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...t-coach-112711

Syracuse fires assistant coach.
    Hell - didn't we hear tha Sandusky was passing these kids around at one point or possibly pimpin' them out? This guy coulda been a client and that's why the news broke when it did... Sick Bastards.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Hell - didn't we hear tha Sandusky was passing these kids around at one point or possibly pimpin' them out? This guy coulda been a client and that's why the news broke when it did... Sick Bastards.....
    *GASP* I forgot about that - you may be right!

I'm interested to see what Sandusky's private dicks turn up.

Sandusky to conduct his own investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Randon thought: I was reading the NFL thread and thought about something. About how football and baseball (and other sports) have the habit of smacking asses. I'm not saying this represents homosexual behavior, I understand its somewhat of a bonding thing. Perfectly innocent. But how perfect a place for child abusers and pedophiles. And I also thought how this could contribute to victims not wanting to come forward. Maybe the lines between "the game" and abuse blur somewhat. And abusers are able to cash in on that feeling. JMO
    I think there is a notional difference to slapping someone on the ass on the field of play for a job well done (not a practitioner myself) and bending someone over in the shower and giving their master cylinder a re-bore.