Thread: Susan Wright - stabbed husband almost 200 times

Back and forth between Pittsburgh and Tampa

Susan Wright - stabbed husband almost 200 times

Couldn't find a thread on this subject, but is anyone following the re-sentencing on TruTV (it's a repeat, but I guess nothing better is happening yet ). She was originally convicted in 2004 for murder despite claims she stabbed him in "self defense" after years of abuse.

Wright gained a new sentencing hearing in 2009. Her story was also featured on "Deadly Women" last week, and is currently serving a 20-year sentence.

The Wiki page about Susan Wright's case:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Wright_(murderer)

Let's Go Penguins!
    2014 NHL Playoffs

Well the self defense MIGHT have been feasable had she not tied him to the bed. She thought this one out. I'm not saying he DIDN'T slap her around, but I guess we'll never know now will we?
    There aint' no future living in the past!

Yeah, the tied to the bed part bothered me too. There's battered women who have killed their abusers (Francine Hughes set her husband on fire in 1977 while he slept and was acquitted, and we all know the Mary Winkler fiasco), but something about Jeff Wright being tied down and then stabbed that made me wonder about the whole self-defense thing.

Let's Go Penguins!
    2014 NHL Playoffs

There is a Snapped episode about this case. I don't know whether or not he abused her, but nobody stabs a man 193 times in self defense. I can't imagine how long it would take to stab someone that many times. She even stopped when her little boy knocked on the bedroom door, went to check on him, then stabbed Jeff more after coming back into the bedroom. She also tortured him by making little nicks with the knife to his penis and stabbed him in the eyes. The prosecutor in her trial, Kelly Siegler, did an awesome job. I've seen a few trials that she has prosecuted and she is great. She had the actual bed and mattress belonging to the Wrights brought into the court room and she straddled her assistant prosecutor on the bed and demonstrated how the murder was committed. It was quite a sight! I think Susan Wright is where she belongs and she should have got a much harsher sentence.
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/530795_481271845246726_1189858655_n.jpg

Man, talk about overkill! She sure wasn't taking any chances, was she?

You be careful out among them English.
    Who would Jesus bomb?
    A liberal is someone who is ten degrees left of center in good times, and ten degrees right of center if it affects him personally. - Phil Ochs
    Happy Easter. Jesus is risen! Christ is Lord! Or the Easter Bunny just laid an egg - your mileage may vary.

I guess he pissed her off.

I thought the prosecutor was awesome. I love how people have attempted to copy how she presented the crime scene... They suck badly.

Nobody could even come close to Kelly Siegler's reenactment of the stabbing. That woman is a great prosecutor.

Susan not only stabbed him 193 times...she also buried him in the backyard. *shudders*

Let's Go Penguins!
    2014 NHL Playoffs

Kelly Siegler really is amazing to watch. She also prosecuted David Temple who had gotten away with murdering his wife, Belinda, and their unborn daughter for several years before finally being arrested and convicted. I would have loved for her to have gotten her claws into Darlie Routier!
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/530795_481271845246726_1189858655_n.jpg

Even if I wanted to kill someone REALLY BAD, I don't think I could manage that many stab wounds. Good heavens, where would you even put them all? It must have turned him into hamburger!

Yes it did nearly turn him into hamburger. The 193 stab wounds was just the most accurate count they could determine, but he had so many stab wounds on his entire body that they overlapped and were hard to distinguish how many there actually were. She seriously was determined to inflict a massive amount of pain on him with the nicks, stabs, and by dripping hot candle wax on him while tied up. I can't call that self defense in any way and it wasn't necessary to do that much to him. It was cruel.

Sounds like they were both fucked in the head. She was a teen stripper in Houston. Paranoid meth head. He had drug convictions and was tortured and murdered by her after coked up boxing lessons. He probably smacked the bitch up a few times. Instead of counseling she chose torture and murder. Didnt even file any charges of abuse until after she killed him. Fuck her ever prolapsing meth head stripper outtie playdough spaghetti factory looking asshole. Shes a coldblooded killer her human soul is dead shes fried her cerebral cortex shes a flickered tongue lip licking limbic brained lying lizard lady.

What's a woman going to do but throw away her bread
    Her feet are feeling funny as she lies beneath the bed
    She reminisces of the pungent Adriatic Sea
    And then she crawls and counts her cans and twitches like a flea

What she really likes to do is sit upon a pew
    And make believe that time has stopped and motionless is new
    Planes are stranded in the sky and drains are stopping, too
    She alone is laughing under eyelids full of flu

She scurries hurries worries that the wicked will receive
    Their candy from a handsome man and coffee from a thief
    She gazes at a hourglass and asks it if it cares
    And then she wonders if the lizard likes his lettuce rare

"Lizard, yes a lizard, little lizard of the sea
    Conspicuously alcoholic, flicks his tongue at me
    Release me, release me lizard, blizzard of the bee
    Mushed inside a sock you still dare me to die
    Dare me to die at home"

"Coating all my lungs with honey, sticky coating running runny
    Feet of lizard fly and stop and fly and stop and fly
    And flicker tongue is licking out to find me, feel me, hide!
    Hide from the tongue"

"The tongue is coming! Cruising! Oozing!
    Over land and under ashes, in the sunlight, see it flashes
    Find a fly and eat his eye, but don't believe in me.
    Don't believe in me, don't believe in me
    Don't believe in me, don't believe in me
    Don't believe in me"
    Suck it.

I just saw this on Investigation Discovery. She even stopped in the middle of it because of her kid. She took care of her child and went back to stabbing her husband. How cold is that? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidChrissy View Post
    I just saw this on Investigation Discovery. She even stopped in the middle of it because of her kid. She took care of her child and went back to stabbing her husband. How cold is that? Sheesh.
    Exactly. The whole thing makes me wonder of her true actions.

Kelly Siegler's cross-examination of Susan was nothing short of awesome. I agree with Mammy; Siegler should have gotten her claws into Darlie Routier!

Let's Go Penguins!
    2014 NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Yes it did nearly turn him into hamburger. The 193 stab wounds was just the most accurate count they could determine, but he had so many stab wounds on his entire body that they overlapped and were hard to distinguish how many there actually were. She seriously was determined to inflict a massive amount of pain on him with the nicks, stabs, and by dripping hot candle wax on him while tied up. I can't call that self defense in any way and it wasn't necessary to do that much to him. It was cruel.
    I agree, Mammy. I don't think that's self defense. We have a term for that in English. We call it torture.

I agree that torture is exactly what it was! She deserves a way longer sentence than she actually received. She thought she could turn on the water works and claim she was abused and be believed. There is no excuse for what she did to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Man, talk about overkill! She sure wasn't taking any chances, was she?
    My thoughts exactly! Going to look up this Siegler character
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

Almost 200? Did she run out of steam?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Almost 200? Did she run out of steam?
    Out of crank.

Good grief, don't piss her off.
    "Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff"

I watched this on Deadly women, and she really hated this assholes guts lol I am sure he had a few wounds coming but what she did was pure unadultrated HATE. I don't know if I could live with that amount of hate in me. Over kill doesn't even began to describe what she did. The chamber would have been my pick for her, who the hell needs someone like this ever getting out because if she only got 20 years she should be coming up for parole shortly..like 7 years after the conviction.

I know that in stabbings the perpetrator frequently wounds him- or herself by accident.

How did she manage all this without sacrificing a finger or two?

Maybe she used a purpose-built combat knife with a molded grip, or maybe it wasn't the kind of frenzy I imagine and most of the wounds were postmortem, so she had time to cut carefully.

Here in Germany (where there are industrial standards for simply everything), she would probably be in trouble with workman's comp if she used a non-compliant knife. The Husband- and Wife-Stabbers' Mutual Insurance Fund would throw out her claim because she failed to comply with occupational health and safety requirements if she used a non-CE-certified blade.

Who would Jesus bomb?
    A liberal is someone who is ten degrees left of center in good times, and ten degrees right of center if it affects him personally. - Phil Ochs
    Happy Easter. Jesus is risen! Christ is Lord! Or the Easter Bunny just laid an egg - your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I watched this on Deadly women, and she really hated this assholes guts lol I am sure he had a few wounds coming but what she did was pure unadultrated HATE. I don't know if I could live with that amount of hate in me. Over kill doesn't even began to describe what she did. The chamber would have been my pick for her, who the hell needs someone like this ever getting out because if she only got 20 years she should be coming up for parole shortly..like 7 years after the conviction.
    I think her first shot at parole is February 2014...even then, she'll only be 37. To be honest, I don't think I'd feel safe with such a maniac loose on the streets.

Let's Go Penguins!
    2014 NHL Playoffs

Quite. Imagine her going back to her family after that. That Awkward Moment At Thanksgiving When Susan Asks If She Should Carve.....
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeath View Post
    Quite. Imagine her going back to her family after that. That Awkward Moment At Thanksgiving When Susan Asks If She Should Carve.....
    Well, if we start making sanity a criterion for carving roasts, there are going to be quite quite a few families passing around whole birds this Christmas.

Who would Jesus bomb?

LOL, Dr. Death, Susan definately doesn't need to be on the meat carving job! Her mother and sister claim that Susan was abused and terrified of Jeff because he was a violent drug addict and actually defend what she did to him. Susan probably could have shot him and made the abuse claim and got away with little or no punishment. She was stupid for killing him like she did and claiming she was abused. She stabbed him to death with their children at home and I think it is awful for her to commit such a horrible crime with no regard for what would happen to the children. They are being raised by Jeff's brother and sister-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I know that in stabbings the perpetrator frequently wounds him- or herself by accident.

How did she manage all this without sacrificing a finger or two?

Maybe she used a purpose-built combat knife with a molded grip, or maybe it wasn't the kind of frenzy I imagine and most of the wounds were postmortem, so she had time to cut carefully.

Here in Germany (where there are industrial standards for simply everything), she would probably be in trouble with workman's comp if she used a non-compliant knife. The Husband- and Wife-Stabbers' Mutual Insurance Fund would throw out her claim because she failed to comply with occupational health and safety requirements if she used a non-CE-certified blade.
    He was tied to a bed. She didnt have to fight his defense. She had two days to do it. Plenty of time to observe safety standards. BTW started off with small nicks and punctures to his genitals and built from there.
    Suck it.

Don't forget burning him with hot candle wax while he was tied up.

Don't forget burning him with hot candle wax while he was tied up.
    Oh yeah. I guess the slow castration pushed the candle wax out of my mind.
    Suck it.

She probably dripped candle wax on his pecker after the castration but before stabbing him in the eyes.

Kelly Siegler really is amazing to watch. She also prosecuted David Temple who had gotten away with murdering his wife, Belinda, and their unborn daughter for several years before finally being arrested and convicted. I would have loved for her to have gotten her claws into Darlie Routier!
    I would have loved for her to get her claws into Casey Anthony! Hell, just throw OJ in there as well...

I would love to see her get her claws into anyone. She's my favorite prosecutor to watch. She did a great job prosecuting Susan Wright and bringing out facts to keep the jury for feeling sorry for her and thinking she was abused by him and deserved being stabbed. Her setting up the bed in the courtroom and demonstrating how the murder happened was brilliant. Susan probably would have got by with a very light or no sentence if Kelly Siegler didn't show them exactly how helpless Jeff really was and how cruel Susan was to torture him like she did.