Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annabelle ~ The Haunted Raggedy Ann Doll

Annabelle ~ The Haunted Raggedy Ann Doll

Found this interesting interview on the web...describing Annabelle ~ the Haunted Raggedy Ann Doll...some truly creepy stuff!!!...read on...

http://www.dark-stories.com/eng/anna...essed_doll.htm

1953556_f260.jpgwarrendoll1.jpg
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9W4v7vNfFI&list=UU0Lga9ep13H65gs7nmwLdCQ

"Never go to bed with anger in your heart." ~ Seagorath

Awesome story! I llove his comment "I've never seen an atheist in a haunted house." So true!
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

I always thought Ragedy Ann and Andy were scary before.....after reading this story a few years ago I cannot look at one!!

Life's no good without a good scare

that doll is freaky as hell!! it's like that "robert doll" story. I hate dolls. they come in the box pre-posessed!!
    [I] "There comes a time in every women's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."[/FONT]

This kind of thing fascinates and scares the crap out of me.

Another doll hater as a kid I used to lock mine in the closet; I just knew they were up to something...

My mother would tell me that during the day, when I was at school, my dolls and stuffed animals would come to life and dance around my bedroom. She said once that she saw them dancing around the floor and on the bed and some were having a tea party and when she got to the top of the stairs she could see them scurry back into their original spots. It's a wonder why I'm not more damaged in the head...
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Ok that doll is creepy and all...but WTF is up with the woman in the picture? she looks like Whatever happened to baby jane.........

I've seen her before- she shows up on the show Paranormal State every once in a while- she's Lorraine Warren, a demonologist.

I don't worry about my daughter's dolls- they're all store bought and not too creepy looking. It's the homemade ones you have to watch out for. I had one when I was a kid that would creep you out to see it. I had dreams about her a few times, but she was harmless. Unfortunately, she didn't make it through the great basement flood of 89. I still miss her.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Lol!! :d

Quote Originally Posted by luvmypeanut View Post
    ok that doll is creepy and all...but wtf is up with the woman in the picture? She looks like whatever happened to baby jane.........
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->

I would be very suspicious of anything connected with Ed and Lorraine Warren

Two words: Amityville Horror.

You be careful out among them English.
    I'm a wobbly, he's a wobbly, she's a wobbly, we're all wobblies - wouldn't you like to be a wobbly, too?
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    This kind of thing fascinates and scares the crap out of me.
    Same here. Freaks me out that the doll was so large and heavy, yet its limbs would change position and it would even change rooms (more explainable or less freaky if it was smaller/lighter?...not really, but I'd feel my brain was merely playing tricks on me).
    If I'd crossed its legs & then come home to find them uncrossed, I would NOT have stuck around long enough to, er, meet Annabelle. I'd officially flip out and run down the street a la Daffy Duck, to the audible tune of the Vonage commercial: WOO hoo, WOO hoo hoooooooooo!!!
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I would be very suspicious of anything connected with Ed and Lorraine Warren

Two words: Amityville Horror.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    Awesome story! I llove his comment "I've never seen an atheist in a haunted house." So true!
    I'm an atheist, and I've visted some "haunted" houses. Nothing. AND, I'm a skeptic who's never experienced a ghost. Oh well.

I am a certified empath and I have had numerous encounters with disembodied spirits since the age of 4 or 5. Not everybody can see the light or make this spiritual "connection". It's just there for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SawgrassRaven View Post
    I'm an atheist, and I've visted some "haunted" houses. Nothing. AND, I'm a skeptic who's never experienced a ghost. Oh well.

Oh Geez! I didn't recognize her at all! ROTFL......

Mirror-
    ROFL! i think that goes for the both of us. I'd more than likey just die on the spot. It start with that feeling when your so scared you want to scream but nothing comes out and then BOOM.. i'd die.
    [I] "There comes a time in every women's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I am a certified empath and I have had numerous encounters with disembodied spirits since the age of 4 or 5. Not everybody can see the light or make this spiritual "connection". It's just there for some of us.
    Special pleading. Nice.

If your abilities are real and demonstratable, head on over to the JREF and apply for the million dollar reward for psychic abilities. See you there!

Switch the doll with the baby doll in the "dog in the nativity scene with the baby Jesus" thread and see how she likes them apples! I bet that would cure her.

I'm a wobbly, he's a wobbly, she's a wobbly, we're all wobblies - wouldn't you like to be a wobbly, too?
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

Atheists don't see or know a damn thing in this world. They have no credibility whatsoever. The End.

Special pleading. Nice.

If your abilities are real and demonstratable, head on over to the JREF and apply for the million dollar reward for psychic abilities. See you there!

or in a foxhole?
    RIP Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Atheists don't see or know a damn thing in this world. They have no credibility whatsoever. The End.
    Yeah. We just wander around hopelessly lost and barren, devoid of any happiness.

Anyway, like I said, if you've got 'gifts', prove them and claim your million-dollar prize. In fact, I'll point you in the right direction:

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

And while you're there, register and join the forums. I'm sure you can convince others of your abilities. C'mon, what have you got to lose?

Saw, quit baiting.
    Sea, quit biting back.
    Don't want ya'll to get in trouble.

No baiting.

The OP was about a 'haunted' doll. The linked article mentioned the Warrens, a couple who, as Rosebud666 correctly points out, are questionable at best (having been exposed numerous times as frauds). Then, a claim is made by Seagorath that he/she can somehow communicate and/or interact witht he dead. When challenged, I was then told that atheists like me "don't see or know a damn thing in this world" and "have no credibility whatsoever". (By the way, over 90% of the members of the National Academy of Science identify themselves as atheists, for what it's worth).

Extraordinary claims ("I can talk to the dead!") require extraordinary evidence, not anecdotal hearsay. Testable, verifiable, repeatable evidence is needed, whether for Seagorath's claims or a 'haunted' doll. We desperately need more critical thinking in this world. That people still believe in Ouija boards, ghosts, demons, etc. is frightening in its own regard.

So, anyone who has the 'goods' should step forward and share them with the world, and the JREF is the first stop. I for one would LOVE for someone to demonstrate paranormal abilities of any kind so we can immediately set out to re-write the laws of pysics we currently operate under.
    Last edited by SawgrassRaven; 12-22-2011 at 09:31 AM.

I bet she killed Raggedy Andy.

Saw, quit baiting.
    Sea, quit biting back.

Chill out folks. Either scroll on by or put that person on your ignore list.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-22-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Sorry about my baiting...:P I will cut it out...be more "professional" on here...

Saw, quit baiting.
    Sea, quit biting back.
    Heehee! Sorry but my addled mind transposed the names and I saw "Sea-Saw". Only funny to me but I thought I'd share. HeeHee!
    Aaahhhh! Springtime in southern Nevada!

I loved this story...first as my Grandmothers name was Annabelle....two...My Aunt made all 7 of us girls big Raggedy Ann Dolls, each with different colored hair to match our own. I was not a big Doll person either growing up....my doll sat on my bed for years, then one day just gone.....nobody knows....but it also makes me laugh as my Mom used to work at a high school she brought home a Chuckie Doll home that was in the lost and found...thought the grandkids might like it...she never really looked at the face of the doll and had no idea who Chuckie was, but all us 7 sisters did....when ever we would all come to visit, it was, who's going to find chuckie first....we'd hide him behind the door, in a drawer, in the shower, in the cupboard with the garbage....behind the couch...you get the idea...lol....then Mom moved and we lost Chuckie....we talk about it every time we all gather, I have searched high and low for that particular Chuckie Doll but haven't seen it yet....so this Annabelle story brings back some funny memories for me...lol....but I think I would have just thrown the doll out and moved...lol
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    I loved this story...first as my Grandmothers name was Annabelle....two...My Aunt made all 7 of us girls big Raggedy Ann Dolls, each with different colored hair to match our own. I was not a big Doll person either growing up....my doll sat on my bed for years, then one day just gone.....nobody knows....but it also makes me laugh as my Mom used to work at a high school she brought home a Chuckie Doll home that was in the lost and found...thought the grandkids might like it...she never really looked at the face of the doll and had no idea who Chuckie was, but all us 7 sisters did....when ever we would all come to visit, it was, who's going to find chuckie first....we'd hide him behind the door, in a drawer, in the shower, in the cupboard with the garbage....behind the couch...you get the idea...lol....then Mom moved and we lost Chuckie....we talk about it every time we all gather, I have searched high and low for that particular Chuckie Doll but haven't seen it yet....so this Annabelle story brings back some funny memories for me...lol....but I think I would have just thrown the doll out and moved...lol
    Seven sisters?! OMG! Please tell me you didn't also have a brother who had to live through that.

You should have found a family that had seven boys, then you could have done your own remake of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Seven sisters?! OMG! Please tell me you didn't also have a brother who had to live through that.

You should have found a family that had seven boys, then you could have done your own remake of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".
    lol Rosebud...yes, seven sisters, my poor dad kept hoping for a boy..lol..the only way he made it through it all was he was a long haul Truck driver, coming home only a few days out of the month...I think we would have ate him alive had he been a stay at home Dad...He finally got his boy when I gave birth to the first Grandson in the family in years....and he was happy as a clam. It's a shame he passed away when my son was 8....they both missed out.
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Well, I would love to visit the Warrens' Occult Museum in Connecticut one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    Doesn't it bother you that Chuckie just disappeared? I would be scared spitless!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Special pleading. Nice.

I am a necromancer and can communicate with the dead but I can't prove it or I would lose my powers....
    But most like chaos, stopless, cool,
    Without a chance, or spar,
    Or even a report of land
    To justify despair.
    -Emily Dickinson

My friend went to CT last spring to meet Lorraine Warren. This doll was there. She took many pics of it that I can only describe as completely frightening.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Would love to see those pics, Lisa!!!!

Here's another site that has Annabelle, as well as other "haunted" dolls... CREEPY!

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/m...llethedoll.htm

I always disliked dolls, but still I got one every Christmas. My parents knew I hated it, and I'd write letters to Santa telling not to bring anymore but he always did. Didn't find them scary, just pointless.

My idea of a scary doll:
    MAGIC.jpg

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

So you guys aren't fond of dolls, huh? You would HATE my bedroom...

DUN...
    386317_254233914638244_100001549112323_709199_1207614120_n.jpg

DUN...
    380932_254234097971559_100001549112323_709202_211491852_n.jpg

DUNNN!!
    392066_254235664638069_100001549112323_709220_1936059121_n.jpg

I have about 15 more. :P But back on topic...I used to browse ebay and scare myself shitless with all the descriptions of the so-called 'haunted' dolls that are always being sold there. Truth or not, those people sure knew how to scare little death hag me! I'd heard of Robert the doll before, but never Annabelle...And I've got a couple Raggedy-Ann dolls upstairs, a bitty one and a bigger one. They may be paying a visit to my closet and never coming out again after reading this. :O

Claire, I love dolls! But not this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwxtKoRIvI

They had a short segment about Annabelle on "Mysteries at the Museum" on the Travel Channel a couple of nights ago. Interesting stuff.

As a tot, my nursery was filled with Ragged Andy dolls that don't look all too different from "Annabelle" there. I loved them. Then again, none of mine were possessed by evil incarnate. I oddly can't stand clowns though. Now that is some freaky shizz.

Also, as an atheist since I can even remember, I love "haunted houses", demonic possessions, etc. I've yet to ever see anything that makes me believe any of it is real, but I'm open to finding something that shows otherwise. In fact, I'd love to find out stuff of that nature really does exist. Then I'd at least know there is something beyond this life besides infinite nothingness.
    I'm not a death hag... I'm a death fag!

I happen to know where the Warrens used to live, and where they first started keeping these allegedly evil, possessed items that were so bad, that the Warrens "had" to take "custody" of them. Yet they were doing this in a neighborhood with small homes clustered fairly close together. I mean, the street is like only wide enough for 1 and 1/2 cars to pass each other! Plus they had a daughter and later, grandchildren (and much later, great-grandchildren), presumably visiting their homes. So how come their abodes were considered so "safe" for such demonic stuff? If the influence is so strong, why was their place immune and how did the neighbors escape any consequences? What if the demons don't believe in the denomination of whatever clergyman pronounced the "blessings"? Seriously, I don't believe any of this, but while the Warrens never seemed to have lived grandly on their book royalties, etc., they HAVE made a living far beyond the late Ed's long-ago job at the Sikorsky helicopter plant.

I'm sorry, but has anybody checked to see if "Annabell" was made by the Knickerbocker toys?????????? It's just a mass produced Raggedy Ann doll!!!!!!!!!

Then again...it could be the bride of Chucky!!!!!!!! HEHEHEHE~~~
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Hehehehehehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I happen to know where the Warrens used to live, and where they first started keeping these allegedly evil, possessed items that were so bad, that the Warrens "had" to take "custody" of them. Yet they were doing this in a neighborhood with small homes clustered fairly close together. I mean, the street is like only wide enough for 1 and 1/2 cars to pass each other! Plus they had a daughter and later, grandchildren (and much later, great-grandchildren), presumably visiting their homes. So how come their abodes were considered so "safe" for such demonic stuff? If the influence is so strong, why was their place immune and how did the neighbors escape any consequences? What if the demons don't believe in the denomination of whatever clergyman pronounced the "blessings"? Seriously, I don't believe any of this, but while the Warrens never seemed to have lived grandly on their book royalties, etc., they HAVE made a living far beyond the late Ed's long-ago job at the Sikorsky helicopter plant.
    I am a believer in the Paranormal, but if it has the Warrens name attached I will usually discount it then and there. I also don't usually buy into the "Ghost Hunters" shows either, though they are fun to watch. I DID like T.A.P.S. when it first started b/c they were really into debunking things. That is the thing about Paranormal stuff...I don't think everything that COULD be paranormal IS paranormal and most of it isn't.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

They tell this story at the beginning of The Conjuring.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

I just went to see the Conjuring. This Bitch Doll can walk through walls and get out of dumpsters and a box is going to hold it?
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

I wondered about that too. lol And why if they really believed all that shit in that room was possessed by demons would you have it in your home... with a kid? I guess they told her not to ever go in that room, anyone with a kid and a brain knows how well that works!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

A few weeks ago my Entertainment Weekly had a big story about Lorraine Warren and her haunted museum. It was interesting, but I have always thought the same thing.....if all of that stuff was so haunted why would they put it all together and stick it in their house? Doesn't seem to make sense. She did say in the interview that she hated that stuff and didn't go in that room unless she was giving a tour. I am torn on the Warrens and their business. Like someone said, they don't seem to be living a grand life, so maybe, no matter what anyone thinks about them specifically, they really believe they were/are helping people. Maybe their heart was always in the right place no matter what? I don't know.
    Here is some of the pics and interview:
    http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/680...cult-conjuring