Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 201 to 237 of 237

Thread: George Harrison

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    George Harrison/Ringo Starr Autographs from Beatles 1964 Australia Tour

    Here are a couple of caricatures of Ringo Starr signed by both Ringo and George Harrison that were obtained during the Beatles 1964 Australia Tour. They were drawn by a famous Australian Caricaturist Tony Rafty (O.A.M. - Order of Australia Medal).

    Again I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures as these are currently mounted/framed in my music room. I bought these from Australia over EBay a couple of years ago so I am using scans of my paperwork, lol. I had them verified by Frank Caiazzo. http://www.beatlesautographs.com/company_profile.htm

    I should add - Be VERY VERY Careful buying any autographs over EBay (ESPECIALLY Beatles) - You have to really know who is selling authentic autographs and who is selling garbage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-01-2011 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gillespie, IL
    Posts
    638
    This is my FAV Beatle!

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    Here are a couple of caricatures of Ringo Starr signed by both Ringo and George Harrison that were obtained during the Beatles 1964 Australia Tour. They were drawn by a famous Australian Caricaturist Tony Rafty (O.A.M. - Order of Australia Medal).

    Again I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures as these are currently mounted/framed in my music room. I bought these from Australia over EBay a couple of years ago so I am using scans of my paperwork, lol. I had them verified by Frank Caiazzo. http://www.beatlesautographs.com/company_profile.htm

    I should add - Be VERY VERY Careful buying any autographs over EBay (ESPECIALLY Beatles) - You have to really know who is selling authentic autographs and who is selling garbage.
    I've noticed from a couple of threads, you have quite the collection of signatures and stuff. That's sooo cool! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    And although a little belated, I'd like to welcome you to the forum.
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    I've noticed from a couple of threads, you have quite the collection of signatures and stuff. That's sooo cool! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    And although a little belated, I'd like to welcome you to the forum.
    Thanks! Glad to be here!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    Thanks! Glad to be here!
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    "Ognir Rrats From George"

    I have a small plastic Oscar that George Harrison gave to Ringo Starr after Ringo's television show "Ognir Rrats" in 1978. The plaque on it says "OGNIR RRATS FROM GEORGE". I have this packed away somewhere so I'll have to hunt for it. I'll try to find it, take some pics and upload here...

    Found it! Luckily in the 2nd box I opened, lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pat MaGroin; 01-06-2011 at 02:42 PM.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    I have a small plastic Oscar that George Harrison gave to Ringo Starr after Ringo's television show in 1978. The plaque on it says "Ognir Rrats From George". I have this packed away somewhere so I'll have to hunt for it. I'll try to find it, take some pics and upload here...

    Found it! Luckily in the 2nd box I opened, lol...
    Wow! That's just awesome! Keep these pics of your treasures coming. They are a joy to behold!
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    Wow! That's just awesome! Keep these pics of your treasures coming. They are a joy to behold!
    Thanks! I'm running out of stuff, lol.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    60
    The documentary ''LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD'' (parts one and two) are on HBO ; I just watched both parts on my DVR. Every minute was worth watching and Even though George is not with us, He sure had a great story to tell. If interested in watching, check HBO listings. It is a little over 3 hours long, but it's worth it. The ''SILENT BEATLE'' finally gets to tell his story! REST IN ETERNAL PEACE AND PLEASURE MR.HARRISON! You are truly missed.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    972
    I saw that also. Loved the pictures of all five original Beatles. I even had my sister come stay with me so she could watch it with me. We both love the Beatles.
    "Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff"

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    864
    I have seen McCartney in concert 3 times, once with Wings, once at the Superdome with Linda and once there solo, and the last time I saw him he told a little story about how George loved to play the ukulele then he played one of Georges songs on a ukulele as a tribute to him. ( I think it was "Something") He also did a tribute to John. I also read a book called Body Count written by Franny Schwartz who had a bit of a fling with McCartney and his then fiancÚ Jane Asher, caught them together at his big house on Cavendish Road, and moved in with him for a few weeks.

    I read the book Wonderful Tonight and i really enjoyed it. I would love to know more about the shenanigans of the Beatle wives, does anyone know of any books about the wives?

    It seems to me there have been a number of people connected to the Beatles who have not made it to a ripe old age. Lennon, Lennon's Mother Julia was hit and killed by a car, Brian Epstein,(their manager) Stu Stutcliffe (original Beatle) Ringo's wife Maureen, Paul's Mother died when he was young of breast cancer as did Linda ( I read that his new wife Nancy also had breast cancer around the same time Linda did) and our Sweet George.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    10 years to the day, today, since George passed.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Corralitos, Cal
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    10 years to the day, today, since George passed.
    Holy crap! Ten years already???

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    George Harrison’s Aston Martin sold for $550,000 to Christian charity in Houston.

    Among the late Beatle George Harrison's many passions were fast cars; he was a fixture at Formula One races, drove his McLaren F1 in the Beatles "Anthology" movie and wrote the song "Faster" for pals Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart. This week, his first Aston Martin sold for $550,000 -- to an anonymous Houston collector who vowed to use it for Christian missionary work.

    Cynful, you out spending the inheritance again?

    http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...184942567.html
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,096
    Louise Harrison, 82, sister of George, lives in modest rural Missouri home and has to work for a living, more so after the family cut off her monthly $2000 pension which her brother gave her.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Missouri.html
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,812
    That is a shame, I think George wanted her to have this money monthly after his death, wonder why his wife thought it necessary to cut her off, couldn't she live without that $2,000.00 a month?

    Well she doesn't sound bitter about it, but at her age I think it is sad.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West Sussex UK
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    George Harrison’s Aston Martin sold for $550,000 to Christian charity in Houston.

    Among the late Beatle George Harrison's many passions were fast cars; he was a fixture at Formula One races, drove his McLaren F1 in the Beatles "Anthology" movie and wrote the song "Faster" for pals Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart. This week, his first Aston Martin sold for $550,000 -- to an anonymous Houston collector who vowed to use it for Christian missionary work.

    Cynful, you out spending the inheritance again?

    http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...184942567.html
    George's wife used to use the Maclaren to go from Friar Park to the village shops in Henley a mile away...
    The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there.

    LP. Hartley

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Louise Harrison, 82, sister of George, lives in modest rural Missouri home and has to work for a living, more so after the family cut off her monthly $2000 pension which her brother gave her.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Missouri.html
    Not exactly broke, as suggested in the article heading. In her own words;

    "I am struggling for money, like everyone, but I am not on the breadline. I am not "skint", as they would say in Britain. I feel very fortunate to own outright the land that my two homes sit on - which is better than most."
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,096
    No, she's certainly not broke, Neil. The Mail tends to tabloid it up a bit. That's what I thought after reading it. Just struck me as an interesting tidbit.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Yes an interesting tidbit indeed. I saw a clip of her just the other day on a media site, and she seems like a nice lady. She was saying that she was working on a book for release soon, though I am not sure about the age of the clip. I shall see if I can dig it up.

    Here it is: http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...nt&age=0&&tt=b
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-29-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,005
    Sorry, but this just cracked me up.

    Beetles kill George Harrison Memorial Tree

    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    456
    He was my favorite Beatle!

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,182
    Mine too! I used to drool over him while staring at pictures on the back of the album covers. Always though John was homely.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    *****************************************************************
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    6 Feet Above
    Posts
    31

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    940
    Beetles in a Beatles tree.................

  26. #226
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    I've been listening to a lot of George's music lately and he really was amazing. I think he was pretty overshadowed by John and Paul. What an amazing thing that three so amazingly talented people met in the first place. BTW I love this picture. I think they are all 15 or 16 here.



    His song about John "All Those Years Ago" is so great. As My Guitar Gently Weeps Makes me cry for some reason. Give Me Love is just so beautiful. Blow Away is another favorite. I can listen to these in particular over and over again. I even liked his fun 80s When We Was Fab and Got My Mind Set On You. Of course he has many other songs.

    I hope more people come to appreciate him and his music, because he was amazing in his own right.

    RIP George.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 05-29-2015 at 09:56 AM.


  27. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,773
    Very cool pic Bettie. Does make me feel a tad long in the tooth to see them that young.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  28. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I've been listening to a lot of George's music lately and he really was amazing. I think he was pretty overshadowed by John and Paul. What an amazing thing that three so amazingly talented people met in the first place. BTW I love this picture. I think they are all 15 or 16 here.



    His song about John "All Those Years Ago" is so great. As My Guitar Gently Weeps Makes me cry for some reason. Give Me Love is just so beautiful. Blow Away is another favorite. I can listen to these in particular over and over again. I even liked his fun 80s When We Was Fab and Got My Mind Set On You. Of course he has many other songs.

    I hope more people come to appreciate him and his music, because he was amazing in his own right.

    RIP George.
    I so agree - even I didn't fully appreciate his talent until recently. It's often said about the drummer in a band; but I believe that George was the "back bone" of the Beatles; great guitarist, and a talented vocalist too.
    Throwing feces.

    Just. Don't. Do. It.

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    I agree too Bettie. Love the pic btw.

    To me, "All Things Must Pass" is simply brilliant. I still get the chills when I hear "Isn't it a Pity".
    Cindy

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I agree too Bettie. Love the pic btw.

    To me, "All Things Must Pass" is simply brilliant. I still get the chills when I hear "Isn't it a Pity".
    One of my favorite over the ear headphone albums. Have you seen tis video from he tribute concert? Take note of the keyboard player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCKvCL93hw
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    One of my favorite over the ear headphone albums. Have you seen tis video from he tribute concert? Take note of the keyboard player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCKvCL93hw
    Oh yes, I've seen that at least a dozen times! Really could watch it a dozen more!

    Billy (aka the fifth Beatle) was on the original recording too. It's hard to believe that the Beatles didn't want to do the song after George presented it to them. But, I don't think it would have turned out quite the same. It's a masterpiece the way it was finally done.
    Cindy

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,773
    ^^totally agree^^ Sometimes I think John and Paul's ego deprived George the recognition and chance to grow as a musician he needed.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    One of my favorite over the ear headphone albums. Have you seen tis video from he tribute concert? Take note of the keyboard player. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCKvCL93hw
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Oh yes, I've seen that at least a dozen times! Really could watch it a dozen more!

    Billy (aka the fifth Beatle) was on the original recording too. It's hard to believe that the Beatles didn't want to do the song after George presented it to them. But, I don't think it would have turned out quite the same. It's a masterpiece the way it was finally done.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    ^^totally agree^^ Sometimes I think John and Paul's ego deprived George the recognition and chance to grow as a musician he needed.
    SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, love, love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  34. #234
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    That was great. And man, my mom was telling me how much George's son looks like him and holy crap, he sure does!! He's like a carbon copy!


  35. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    14
    Ah, yes, who could forget George Harrison? He's the one who inspired me to pick up a guitar not long before I turned 13. The man continues to inspire me, as well as millions of others around the world. Rest in peace, Mr. Harrison, and thank you for everything.

  36. #236
    George could clearly see his place in the world of music, and understood the purpose of being alive. I'm certain he appreciated his fortune, rightfully earned as a Beatle, but he used his money to keep a home which pleased him, raise a dearly loved child, and maintain a family. His religion kept him grounded.
    George's first marriage to Patty Boyd was an off-shoot of the Beatles swell and "fab" thing. Once he got out of need to "be in front", he found happiness. As a performer, he could earn whatever he needed to maintain himself by simply appearing. He was only quiet because he listened more than spoke.

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    there's no one
    Posts
    5
    George Harrison appreciation thread! my favorite Beatle too. Though he really was somewhat cornered by Paul and John I can't but think that may that is what helped him develop his style, store his energy and become a breakthrough after the Beatles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •