Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: George Harrison

Yes and I'm so happy!! About time

I love The The Traveling Willburys! Such a brilliant band!

Um, holy shit-I have Meet the Beatles. I'd never sell it though. Got it at a Grants store back in '63. Good shape, too.
    You are not a color to me. You are not a religion,sexual orientation, age or IQ. You are not a male or female. You are not political, nor pretty or ugly. You are my brother and sister, and I love you no matter what you may be.-I was Goth before they called it Goth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    George is my favorite easily. I would kill for an autographed anything from him!

I absolutely love George's Rickenbackers. Ricks are really great guitars. They're sometimes overlooked by some musicians, but they sound great and are really reliable.
    I was so lucky! I got to see the Beatles in person in concert in 1966
    when they were all together!
    They were wonderful! One of the highlights of my life.
    Thank you mom and dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Um, holy shit-I have Meet the Beatles. I'd never sell it though. Got it at a Grants store back in '63. Good shape, too.
    I have that album too Pamebaby! Love your new avatar!

I had the damn Butcher Block album. It was in a storage shed
    and a damn wind and rain destroyed it.
    So rare too.

Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    Dang it!! I keep missing that episode!! I've had two people here tell me about it. F.C. Hall's son! Wow. With my love of the guitars, I'd be shaking just to meet HIM!

Backtracking a little up the thread, George in fact played the second 12-string Rickenbacker produced. The first was a prototype, George's was serial # 00001! It was the first to be strung "reverse" with the higher octave strings before the primary strings, with really gave it a unique, "jangly" sound. Check out the intro to The Beatles' "If I Needed Someone".

Man, I could talk Ricks and Beatles all night...somebody stop me!
    My sister had a photo of John Lennon when he was on tour with
    Hannibal and The Headhunters.
    John was in the photo with lead singer Hannibal. Taken on a plane.

It must have been a rare photo as I have never seen it published before.
    I have to ask her where that photo is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post
    Ex-Beatle George Harrison to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

LOS ANGELES Paul McCartney may have a knighthood, but it's George Harrison who is receiving the royal treatment from the Hollywood Walk of Fame this month.
    Harrison will receive a star on the fabled walk on April 14, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced Friday. His widow, Olivia Harrison, and his son, Dhani, are expected to attend the unveiling.
    Harrison, who died of cancer in 2001, already shares a Walk of Fame star with all four of the Beatles, but only he and John Lennon, who died in 1980, will have their own stars.
    Harrison's, to be unveiled in front of Hollywood's Capitol Records building, will be the 2,382nd on the Walk.
    Although once known as "the quiet Beatle" for his shy, retiring nature, Harrison was one of the group's most powerful forces.
    His rockabilly-influenced playing gave the Beatles' early recordings their distinctive guitar-driven sound and his voice provided many of the group's most arresting vocal harmonies. His fascination with Eastern music also helped broaden the band's sound on such classic albums as "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and "The White Album."
    Although overshadowed by the more prolific songwriters Lennon and McCartney, Harrison composed several of the Beatles' finest songs, including "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," "Here Comes the Sun," "Something" and "Within You, Without You."
    Following the group's breakup in 1970, he enjoyed a successful solo career that included such albums as "All Things Must Pass," "The Concert For Bangla Desh," "Cloud Nine" and "Brainwashed."
    In the late 1980s and early '90s he collaborated with Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne in the whimsical musical supergroup The Traveling Wilburys.
    In conjunction with the star's unveiling, Capitol/EMI said it plans to announce details for a new Harrison music project later this month. Martin Scorsese is also directing a forthcoming documentary on Harrison.

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,512454,00.html
    He did a hell of a lot for the British film industry. Had a hand in a few American films as well. Greatly deserved.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    He did a hell of a lot for the British film industry. Had a hand in a few American films as well. Greatly deserved.
    George Harrison was wonderful!
    He wrote such great songs! I can't get over his son as he looks like
    a clone of George.
    George seemed like a very nice guy.

yay george...he was my fave beatle. well deserved and long overdue.

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    yay george...he was my fave beatle. well deserved and long overdue.
    Ditto.

I thought this was pretty cool if you go to google maps and type in ... Friar Park, Henley on Thames, RG9 4NR ... you can zoom in and see his estate and some of the gardens...

I've read that Harrison had a brief fling w/ Ringo's wife Maureen, who is also now deceased.
    Back in the 70s a songwriter/keyboardist friend was recording some of his and his band's songs at A&M records in Hwood. He happened to look into the control room and George was standing in the doorway listening. They were introduced and George left. George apparently was recording in the next studio. a little while later George was leaving and they ran into each other in the hall. George put his arm around my friend and said, "Good luck with all your songs". My friend never forgot that.

George seemed a serious soul. I heard he had a fling with Maureen, too. When asked why, he said "incest." Whatever his reason, it's gone with both of them. While George wasn't my fave, he was under-rated as a performer. His writing and singing were very good, but he was overshadowed by Lennon-MacCartney. I saw 'em too, Moon, back in Cleveland in '64. I was young, but my sister did 1 nice thing for me and got me a ticket. I have never forgotten the noise, which is probably one of the reasons my favorite saying is "huh?" Remember the shirts George described in A Hard Day's Night? "Grotty!!" Too cool...he is missed greatly.
    You are not a color to me. You are not a religion,sexual orientation, age or IQ. You are not a male or female. You are not political, nor pretty or ugly. You are my brother and sister, and I love you no matter what you may be.-I was Goth before they called it Goth.

I had..well my sister had and I used to steal it all the time..loved it..sadly I don't know what became of it!
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

Aw, sorry Snoopy! And Moon, I have the butcher album cover. My mom took a shit fit when she saw it! Got everything the Beatles did, even a numbered White album. I keep them put away now, have it all on DVD. Their music sounds as good today as when it first came out-really timeless.

Python and friend of George's, Eric Idle, tells a funny story which lifts the lid of George's sense of fun...before the python's first tour of Australia, Harrison took aside Idle at a party and quietly handed him an envelope. "You'll be flying over India?" asked the ex-Beatle who was into Hinduism and Indian culture. "yes" said the Python star. "OK, you need to make sure you're over India when you open and read this - ok?" said George, "promise me" he said solumnly. "Of course I will " said Idle seriously, not wanting any bad karma.
    Fast forward to the Python's plane and Idle checks that they are flying over the sub-continent. He opens the the envelope, and reads George's message:
    "Screw a Sheila for me"

Quote Originally Posted by seberly View Post
    I thought this was pretty cool if you go to google maps and type in ... Friar Park, Henley on Thames, RG9 4NR ... you can zoom in and see his estate and some of the gardens...
    I've done that!! I have it bookmarked in Google Maps.
    Last edited by Luanne; 04-15-2009 at 10:21 AM.

I just finished reading Tatum O'Neal's book, and she recounted a lovely day she and John McEnroe and kids spent with George, Olivia and Dhani at their home. She said they were so kind and gracious to them, and that John gave Dhani a tennis lesson-and behaved! Not a combo I would normally think of!

I love George, he was my favorite of the four. He seemed to have a lot of character which is what attracted me to him I guess. How cool that some of you actually saw the Beatles...

I saw The Beatles at The Hollywood Bowl in 1964 and 1965 and George and Paul were my favorites. Im so glad that I saw them in person.

Dhani is quite the handsome lad. Olivia seems like a nice lady, she really got that Love show going. I hope I can see it one day.

I didn't know that Olivia was involved with the show Love. I want to go to Vegas just to see it!

My sister is a Beatles nut even today.

She told me that George met Olivia when he called Capitol Records in
    Los Angeles. And Olivia answered the phone! (Lucky gal)
    George and her talked for awhile and I guess he was really impressed with
    Olivia and made a date with her and the rest is history.

Boy talk about a lucky phone call!

She really seemed to love George. So I guess he got lucky too!

Olivia actually worked in the A&M offices. The phone call part is right, but they didn't actually get together for awhile. Geoffrey Giuliano, who wrote Dark Horse, isn't the hardiest of sources, however.

http://70.166.63.245/?p=403

Olivia Arias Harrison is a Beatle wife of whom the public does not know very much. Olivia Trinidad Arias was born in Mexico City on May 18, 1948. She has brothers named Ron and Gilbert, and sisters named Chris and Linda.
    She was raised in Greater Los Angeles by her parents, father Esiquiel who was a dry-cleaner and mother Mary Louise who worked as a seamstress. In 1965 Olivia graduated from Hawthorne High School in Hawthorne; ironically, this school is the alma mater of four Beach Boys (Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson and Al Jardine). Several years prior to Olivia arriving at Hawthorne High, all four of these Beach Boys played on the Hawthorne High football team, with Brian being a star quarterback, as well as a standout on the school’s track team.
    George Harrison first came in contact with Olivia Arias when she was a secretary at A&M records, where he was under contract. At first, they solely had contact by phone. In the 1990 biography Dark Horse: The Private Life of George Harrison, author Geoffrey Giuliano wrote:
    “Around this time, too, he met twenty-seven year-old Mexican-born Olivia Trinidad Arias, originally an assistant in the merchandising department at A & M and later a secretary for Dark Horse Records. Deeply involved with setting up his new label, Harrison was often on the phone with the quiet, attractive Arias, discussing day-to-day operation. Before long he realized that his brief encounters with the accommodating, unspoiled young woman were often the highlight of his day, and he began calling her all the way from Henley [England] just to chat. Walking alone through the gardens of his estate, George found himself thinking about her more and more and telephoned a friend in California to have her checked out. After so many years of having people come to him for all the wrong reasons, the world-weary Harrison knew full well what a catch he had become for any enterprising female looking for a stepping-stone to the big time. Olivia, however, was found to have no ulterior motives for their telephone relationship, and George flew to Los Angeles to meet her face to face. It was indeed love at first sight, and from that moment on the two similar looking lovers were inseparable.”
    Last edited by Luanne; 04-18-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugmu View Post

It's wonderful. But you know, this and the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame... he deserved all this stuff before he died. I DO like that he got a Walk Of Fame star before Paul McCartney though...
    ~~Shyla

I made my own compilation of all George's Beatle tunes a while back... try it yourself! :-) You'll need... (from the best of my memory...)

* Don't Bother Me (With The Beatles)
    * You Know What To Do (Beatles For Sale outtake - Anthology 1)
    * I Need You (Help!)
    * You Like Me Too Much (Help!)
    * Think For Yourself (Rubber Soul)
    * If I Needed Someone (Rubber Soul)
    * Taxman (Revolver)
    * I Want To Tell You (Revolver)
    * Love You To (Revolver)
    * Only A Northern Song (Sgt Pepper outtake - Yellow Submarine)
    * Within You, Without You (Sgt Pepper)
    * Blue Jay Way (Magical Mystery Tour)
    * It's All Too Much (Yellow Submarine) - hunt down the full eight minute version if you can!
    * The Inner Light (Past Masters 2)
    * Circles (White Album outtake)
    * Sour Milk Sea (White Album outtake)
    * Not Guilty (White Album outtake - look for the complete one, 'cause the Anthology 3 version is a hackjob!)
    * While My Guitar Gently Weeps (White Album)
    * Piggies (White Album)
    * Long Long Long (White Album)
    * Savoy Truffle (White Album)
    * For You Blue (Let It Be)
    * All Things Must Pass (Abbey Road outtake - Anthology 3)
    * Old Brown Shoe (Past Masters 2)
    * Something (Abbey Road)
    * Here Comes The Sun (Abbey Road)
    * I Me Mine (Let It Be) - the last song the Beatles recorded before the split... John wasn't involved

There may be others I've forgotten...

I thought this was interesting. If you want to get an idea exactly how big his estate is, and some of the landscaping go to google maps and enter...
    Friar Park, Henley on Thames, RG9 4NR

choose the option for satellite, you can zoom in on it..

Very cool site. Check the vids.

http://www.tennesseeconcerts.com/beatles.html
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by Bellfire View Post
    Ringo was the cuttest one. (He didn't have the most talent but it had the cuttest face.) I never saw any of them naked and though I probably could have seen John I didn't care too but if you got pictures of Joe Cocker young and naked then we can talk.

Ringo was the "cutest"? Many people think he was/is ugly,and most people feel rightly that Paul mcCartney,music genuis that he always was,was totally gorgeous with a perfect face! Even in black & white still pictures and interviews where you can't see the beautiful contrast of his black hair and big beautiful hazel eyes,he *still* looked gorgeous with his perfect features.

Quote Originally Posted by tensecondstolove View Post
    I was so devastated when George died. I grew up listening to the Beatles and I was just crushed. Me and my dad cried together when we found out. One of only 3 times in my life I've seen my dad cry. lol

He must have cried too as a Beatles fan when John was killed by a crazy fan at the age of 40.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRinger View Post
    The Beatle wives weren't angels, contrary to popular belief (except maybe Linda - though if I had snagged Paul McCartney at that time, I wouldn't have gone looking elsewhere either.)

Maureen (Ringo's missus) and Patty in particular were rather free with their affections, I think Patty went through all four of them before she settled on George, then ran off with Eric Clapton anyway.

Mind you, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were a few little illegitimate Lennons or McCartneys running around - especially in Hamburg.
    Cynthia Lennon was always totally faithful to John even though *he* constantly cheated on her during their marriage.And British actress Jane Asher was faithful to Paul,except when they broke for a short time she had a boyfriend(but they had broken up for that short time so it wasn't really cheating) for 5 years since April 1963 when she was 17 and Paul 21 and living together in their own house for 2 years, in the Spring of 1968 Jane came home early unexpectedly from touring with her theatre company and found Paul in their bed with another woman and she left him for good!
    Last edited by lifeishortdeathisforever; 10-07-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLazenby View Post
    I made my own compilation of all George's Beatle tunes a while back... try it yourself! :-) You'll need... (from the best of my memory...)

* Don't Bother Me (With The Beatles)
    * You Know What To Do (Beatles For Sale outtake - Anthology 1)
    * I Need You (Help!)
    * You Like Me Too Much (Help!)
    * Think For Yourself (Rubber Soul)
    * If I Needed Someone (Rubber Soul)
    * Taxman (Revolver)
    * I Want To Tell You (Revolver)
    * Love You To (Revolver)
    * Only A Northern Song (Sgt Pepper outtake - Yellow Submarine)
    * Within You, Without You (Sgt Pepper)
    * Blue Jay Way (Magical Mystery Tour)
    * It's All Too Much (Yellow Submarine) - hunt down the full eight minute version if you can!
    * The Inner Light (Past Masters 2)
    * Circles (White Album outtake)
    * Sour Milk Sea (White Album outtake)
    * Not Guilty (White Album outtake - look for the complete one, 'cause the Anthology 3 version is a hackjob!)
    * While My Guitar Gently Weeps (White Album)
    * Piggies (White Album)
    * Long Long Long (White Album)
    * Savoy Truffle (White Album)
    * For You Blue (Let It Be)
    * All Things Must Pass (Abbey Road outtake - Anthology 3)
    * Old Brown Shoe (Past Masters 2)
    * Something (Abbey Road)
    * Here Comes The Sun (Abbey Road)
    * I Me Mine (Let It Be) - the last song the Beatles recorded before the split... John wasn't involved

There may be others I've forgotten...
    Great list! Some on there I would love to hear but never have.
    The only other one that comes to mind is Faster which he wrote in the last 70s and included on his solo album. He was a big Formula One racing fan and he took the title from Jackie Stewarts book title. He and Jackie were apparently good friends.
    I always really liked that song.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    He is my favorite Beatle too because he was so underated as a song writer.
    Here Comes the Sun is a terrific song and My Sweet Lord is just beautiful.
    Yes,George was a pretty talented song writer,good singer,and very good guitarist,but even he wasn't as brilliant as John Lennon and Paul McCartney! But then,nobody was/is!

Quote Originally Posted by qulevergrrl View Post
    Also, Something by George Harrison and a couple of Stone's songs She's a Rainbow are written about Patti. That's kind of a heavy load to haul. She's probably the most inspiring muse of rock music. That would be very strange to sit around daily and c'mon I mean who doesn't hear at least one of those songs on classic rock radio daily. Apparently she was quite aloof and disaffected. It made those guys nuts that she wasn't a screaming fan.

Although, Dear Prudence is about Mia Farrow's little sis and Bell Bottom Blues was written by a friend of Clapton's when they were in Delaney and Bonny (sp) and touring India about a young Indian girl who kinda followed them around. Trippy.

Actually Paul McCartney wrote much more (great) songs about his girlfriend then fiancee beautiful red haired British actress Jane Asher,he wrote the love songs,And I Love Her,Things We Said Today,Here There And Everywhere,and his late 1964 great blues rocker,She's A Woman.He also wrote great songs(I'm Looking Through You,You Won't See Me,We Can Work It Out and For No One about his fights with her,because he wrongly kept pressuring her to give up her acting career and she kept rightly refusing,she was in her first film at age 5 and said she loved acting and didn't want to give it up.
    Last edited by lifeishortdeathisforever; 10-07-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherry malotte View Post
    i loved him, and still love him. I put in concert for george this weekend, in his honor.

There's something wrong when two beatles are dead.
    *so sadly true*!

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Sigh he had such a great smile and such neat looking lips LOL He was my favorite. I liked Ringo too . Paul was kind of the "pretty boy" of the group but George was just handsome LOL
    George was handsome especially in the early Beatles days,but Paul was totally perfectly gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    I liked Harrison. He became a much better guitar player towards the end of the 1960's thanks to his best friend Eric Clapton. Clapton made him a very good guitar player. He wasn't much around 1964 or 1965 but after 1967 he made tremendous strides thanks to Clapton.
    George *was* a pretty good guitar player in 1964 and 1965 too!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    George played that cool 12 string Richenbacher. Totally awesome sound for 1964. Notice the capo in this picture. Jingle Jangle sound! Roger McGuinn kinda coppied that sound and as a matter of fact, I think Roger used a Richenbacher too. George had a unique style. Favorite album, Living In A Material World. Favorite song, Beware Of Darkness. My favorite Beatle. More insightful than John and not a sell out like Paul. And Ringo is just simply the definition of cool.

John was the more insightful and deeper of a thinker, infact *too* deep for his and a lot of other people's own good. Roger McGuinn has said he loved The Beatles music as soon as he saw a TV film of them playing She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand,and he bought their albums soon afterwards and learned to play all of the songs in his home.He played Beatles songs in clubs in the mid 1960's and he said that he bought a 12 string guitar shortly after he saw George playing one in The Beatles great first movie,A Hard Day's Night in 1964.He also says that The Beatles used folk rock chords and that this was never done in rock n roll before and he said he thinks they invented folk rock without even realing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    Neat stuff on the Rickenbacker. Especially how Harrison talks about how difficult the 12 strings are to tune. George Martin said Harrison had an excellent ear for half notes. Perhaps Martin was referring to Harrison's ability to tune the dreaded 12 string monster?

I bought a 12 string once. After 2 hours trying to tune it I took it back to where I bought it. LOL!

In the movie "A Hard Days Night" there are some great shots of the Rickenbacker twins. That movie also cemented the Beatles with the teeny bopper screaming thing that they grew to hate and led to an end to live shows just two years later. That's the reason there isn't a lot of live recordings because screaming ruins the music.
    Yep, plus the very limited primitive sound systems at the time and the fact that George says in the great Beatles Anthology video series,that for their August 1965 Shea Stadium concerts special 100 watt amps were made,and they went up from the 30 watts,but they still had no feedback monitors so they couldn't even hear themselves play and sing,but somehow they amazingly sang in sync and in tune with each other anyway!It's really amazing THe Beatles sounded as good live then as they did! In their January 1969 rooftop concert,they sound great,and the sound systems,while still pretty primitive compared to todays,was much better and there were no more screaming fans by then.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersKiss View Post
    That is a Jesus twin!

Quote Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
    Amazing. The sound had to be horrible! Could you imagine rocking out in some smelly German club to barely audible, most likely out of tune rock and roll? AWESOME. And George was just 17 years old in this picture. He got kicked out of Germany! How hard is that to do?
    Actually they played pretty good in these sleazy German clubs for 8 hours a night for 2 years in a row taking speed pills to stay wake,and there were a lot of German rough thugs who came into these clubs,( at this time wearing their tight black leather pants and jackets they didn't look different from the thugs!)and they were pretty popular in all of these German clubs they played in.It's a good thing they did play well or else some of these German tough thugs would have beaten the cr*p out of them.
    Last edited by lifeishortdeathisforever; 10-07-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Favorite Beatle: George Harrison.
    Favorite Beatle solo: John Lennon.

And now both are gone.
    Yeah. That's kinda my musical taste. Most of the musicians/bands in my record collection are either dead or broken up.
    At least they made great music before their ends came.

I'm sorry but I love John,and like George too but what is it with all of this bias against Paul McCartney who is as rightfully widely recognized by millions of other people,most music critics and many other well known respected rock artists including Bob Dylan,and many well known respected accomplished bass players,as being one of the greatest singers,with a great voice and great range,song writers,bass players and anything great players of the 20th century!

If you ever read the excellent detailed musical Beatles diary,The Beatles recording sessions by Mark Lewisohn which has many of their recording engineers and tape operators interviewed, it demonstrates how truly creative,and innovative especially John and Paul were in the recording studio and the remarkable thing was that John and Paul (and George) *did* compose creative,brilliant,rocking,and beautiful music *without* being able to read music.As I wrote in one of my posts on here about how brilliant George Martin said John and Paul were,he said in Hunter Davies great only authorized Beatles biography,The Beatles, that in their music they were always ahead of everbody else and that they had an instinctive ability to know what to do more than other people. I don't think Beethoven,and Mozart knew how to read music either.

John inherited his intelligence and music talent from his intelligent and musically talented mother Julia who sang and played the banjo pretty well at a time when it was unusual for women to do that and she taught John how to play and encouraged him to be a musician and bought him his first guitar.John's paternal grandfather was also a singer in a band.[
    Paul McCartney's father James McCartney was naturally musically talented and a self taught classical jazz pianist(from the time he was a teenager) and the leader of his own band,Jim Mac's band and they were popular in clubs in the 1920's.He also wrote an instrumental song,Walking In The Park With Eloise that Paul and Wings recorded in 1974 and they included on their 1976 Wings At The Speed Of Sound album.His father wasn't a poet,he was *musically* talented and Paul inherited his father's natural musical talent to the extreme! Paul can and did write many very good songs with very good lyrics,but he often didn't write great lyrics, but he doesn't have to,because even when he did,it was his *music* that was what was so great about his songs.He's like the Beethoven or Mozart of rock.

His father said that Paul at 14 and 15 was able to do his homework while watching TV and he always got good grades for it anyway.Paul was always at the top of his grades in school,but his younger brother Michael was always average or at the lowest levels.HIs brother looks nothing like Paul,and is average looking,but Paul was gorgeous when he was young.Paul's brother Michael also had a music career which Paul helped him with,but he never had the music genuis Paul always had.Paul's father said that Paul was easily smart enough to go to a university,but thank God he followed his music genuis instead! In school Paul studied English literature at an advanced level and spoke Spanish and German.At only 10 he wrote an essay and won a special Coronation prize for it.
    Last edited by lifeishortdeathisforever; 10-07-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    George..and..John..were..my..favorites......Must..have..played..*All..Things
    Must..Pass*..a..zillion..times......So..sad..that..they..were..the..ones..to
    die......
    Yes,it's terrible that John and George died,but thank God the music genuis Paul McCartney is *still* with us! It will be a an extremely sad day for most people in the world,when Paul eventually dies,which I really hope is not for another 20 years! I hope he lives to be about 90 unless he doesn't want to.

Aw, sorry Snoopy! And Moon, I have the butcher album cover. My mom took a shit fit when she saw it! Got everything the Beatles did, even a numbered White album. I keep them put away now, have it all on DVD. Their music sounds as good today as when it first came out-really timeless.

Thank you for saying it,it's so true The Beatles music is great forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    I saw The Beatles at The Hollywood Bowl in 1964 and 1965 and George and Paul were my favorites. Im so glad that I saw them in person.
    I'm so glad that at least you and a few other members are also Paul fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MmmRavioli View Post
    It's wonderful. But you know, this and the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame... he deserved all this stuff before he died. I DO like that he got a Walk Of Fame star before Paul McCartney though...
    I *don't* like the fact that George got a star on The Hall Of Fame before Paul McCartney and Paul should certainly have one by now and before Ringo!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Didn't Olivia literally break a lamp over the fool's head, like in the movies? What a woman is right!
    I read that George started doing the "hare krishna" chant when the guy was coming at him, in an sadly vain attempt to mollify his attacker.

Thought I would bring this back to the top as today's the nine year anniversary of Harrison's passing.
    We all march to a different drumbeat