Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman fatally shot in home of Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius

Woman fatally shot in home of Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius

Apparently it was his girlfriend, and he has been arrested, per other news outlets. He may have mistaken her for an intruder.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

I shouldn't gossip but shooting his girlfriend by mistake 4 times? I'm guessing it was dark and he was scared, but I think once you shot someone and they don't get up is a sign they are dead. He kept on shooting? Not a mistake. That poor girl went to see him on Valentine's Day and ended up dead. I hope he's charged with murder. I know where he lives in a crime area and people get homes broken but he over killed his girlfriend. I did respect him during the Olympics but he can't get away with murder or will he?

The Doctors will see you soon.....

This is so bizarre! I loved him during the Olympics, and we were in London during the Paralympics, where stories of him were everywhere. It should be interesting to see how this pans out.
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    Ouch, now that's what I call painfully ironic.

Jerry, are you any good at reading Afrikaans? It's enough like German that I can make out the main points, but I know I'm missing a lot. The South African newspaper Beeld is reporting that he is going to be charged with murder and prosecutors want him held without bail. But they are also reporting that he supposedly mistook his girlfriend for an intruder.

Oh and now the police are saying they are surprised about the claims that Pistorious thought he was defending his home against an invasion. Supposedly this information didn't come from them.

http://www.beeld.com/Suid-Afrika/Nuu...gekla-20130214
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 02-14-2013 at 04:57 AM.

You be careful out among them English.
    Who would Jesus bomb?
    A liberal is someone who is ten degrees left of center in good times, and ten degrees right of center if it affects him personally. - Phil Ochs
    Happy Easter. Jesus is risen! Christ is Lord! Or the Easter Bunny just laid an egg - your mileage may vary.

Doesn't sound good for him. Surely they can tell if he really thought she was someone breaking into his home. The location of her body, was she carrying a purse, overnight bag, gifts, did she use a housekey, etc.

What I can make of it is that he will be appear before court on Friday. He was examined by a medic and he will be charged with murder. What i make up from the part about being released on bail (confusing because of the double negatives) is that it will be unlikely that he will be released before trial.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

It seems the police have been called to his home a few times over ' domestic incidents' Also the police claim the idea of him mistaking her as a burglar is wrong.

It wouldn't surprise me that he killed her in some sort of rage and that this was not a mistake. He always had a dark side to his personality, the media simply swept this under the carpet because he was a role model and a real life superhero ("Bladerunner"/Nike endorsements/amazing stories of overcoming adversity...). A few years ago there was this weird "boating accident" where he fell from a boat and almost got mangled by the propeller.There were plenty of rumors also (abuse,fights,drunkenness...), article from 2011 :

Oscar Pistorius "Hero or Hooligan ?"

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Oscar...ligan-20111103

He won't have a leg to stand on at the trial. we all know he was fully armed. way to take out your girlfriend on valentine's day.

Will he be getting the 'Bend over and take it in the ass' prosthetics for his jail time?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Every time I see his name - now and before this - I always think a jazz bass player has risen from the grave.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

He's charged with murder not manslaughter so there is more. Cops in the past have been called to the home due to domestic violence.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Author: Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Every time I see his name - now and before this - I always think a jazz bass player has risen from the grave.
    A cyborg jazz bass player. Hey, he can gig with that famed three-fingered bounty hunter and guitarist, Django Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post

VCNJ~
    Whenever I see his name, at first I think I'm reading "Oscar Peterson".

We've got three musicians - now all we need is a drummer *badump CHING*

Who would Jesus bomb?
    A liberal is someone who is ten degrees left of center in good times, and ten degrees right of center if it affects him personally. - Phil Ochs
    Happy Easter. Jesus is risen! Christ is Lord! Or the Easter Bunny just laid an egg - your mileage may vary.

I've been reading his name as "Turkey Pastramius"

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I've been reading his name as "Turkey Pastramius"
    As new details emerge, it's beginning to sound like he was more of an "Oscar Pissedoffius"

Who would Jesus bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    As new details emerge, it's beginning to sound like he was more of an "Oscar Pissedoffius"
    He was green and lived in a garbage can? lol

- Hyacinth Bucket

He was green and lived in a garbage can? lol
    A spring-loaded one?

«In an interview with the Mail before London 2012 it was revealed Pistorius slept with a pistol next to his bed, a machine gun by a window with a cricket bat and baseball bat behind the door.
    Pistorius also posted a photograph of himself at a shooting range in November 2011 to the social media website Twitter, bragging about his score tweeting: 'had a 96% headshot over 300m from 50shots! Bam!' he tweeted.
    Another tweet shows his concern about someone breaking into his home, on November 27 last year he wrote: 'Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry! »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2KuRbVKVN

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
    A spring-loaded one?
    Oscar the Grouch didn't have any legs either. That's already more in common than I would have ever thought.

- Hyacinth Bucket

I think, reading the news about it, that Oscar have a very dark side...
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Oscar the Grouch didn't have any legs either. That's already more in common than I would have ever thought.
    oscar walking.jpg
    oscar had legs! (the green one)

I'm refraining from judgement on this one. She would have known about his penchant for guns and having had domestic dusturbances in the past they may have been estrnged or even recently broken up giving him no reason to expect her company. It doesn't seem premeditated in any way. And it's hardly an argument out of control as they've had calls for domestic disturbances before and would have likely had in this case prior to the shooting.

I too wonder how long it will be until
    the news media talks about anabolc steroids
    or some such other drug.

So the term "Roid Rage" will be heard.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by viki View Post
    «In an interview with the Mail before London 2012 it was revealed Pistorius slept with a pistol next to his bed, a machine gun by a window with a cricket bat and baseball bat behind the door.
    Pistorius also posted a photograph of himself at a shooting range in November 2011 to the social media website Twitter, bragging about his score tweeting: 'had a 96% headshot over 300m from 50shots! Bam!' he tweeted.
    Another tweet shows his concern about someone breaking into his home, on November 27 last year he wrote: 'Nothing like getting home to hear the washing machine on and thinking its an intruder to go into full combat recon mode into the pantry! »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2KuRbVKVN
    Just a wee bit paranoid, eh?
    WTF would you want to be with someone like that?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-denies-murder

Neighbors heard screams and shouting before shots were fired.

"Chief Magistrate Nair announced the case as "the state versus Mr Oscar Leonard Pistorius", involving a charge of one count of murder. The prosecution indicated it would file the more serious charge of premeditated murder. Pistorius could face life in prison if found guilty."

Hmmm. So you're going for the intruder defense, but said intruder was shot multiple times through a bathroom door?

"The Afrikaans-language Beeld newspaper said Steenkamp was shot four times, in the head, chest, pelvis and hand. "The security guards found Pistorius by Steenkamp's body in the bathroom," the paper said, citing a neighbour. "The door had bullet holes right through it."

You'd think I'd know better by now than to admire an athlete, but I find myself fervently hoping that he really did think she was an intruder. Part of it is because my 10-year-old thinks Blade Runner is the coolest person ever, but part of it is because dammit, the media sucked me in AGAIN, and I swore that I was done falling for that shit. I may as well admit right now that Jose Canseco is as close to a role model as I'm going to find for my boys-at least he was honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    You'd think I'd know better by now than to admire an athlete, but I find myself fervently hoping that he really did think she was an intruder. Part of it is because my 10-year-old thinks Blade Runner is the coolest person ever, but part of it is because dammit, the media sucked me in AGAIN, and I swore that I was done falling for that shit. I may as well admit right now that Jose Canseco is as close to a role model as I'm going to find for my boys-at least he was honest.
    There's plenty of good role models in sports. And Canseco actually lied about his own steroid use for his entire career, and only got "honest" about it when he was trying to get people to spend money on his book, essentially throwing all of MLB under the bus for his own financial gain and self-aggrandizement. I would call him a scumbag, but that would be insulting to scumbags.

Jose Canseco has one of the funniest Twitter accounts around.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gox5V3VL1rtfnc7o1_500.gif
    Abandon all hope.

a shame, but I hope he goes to jail. what a charmer. hey maybe he could share a cell with lance armstrong, that other sports charmer?
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

<a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    Well, there's still Mrs. Gehrig's boy Lou. The advantage of having role models who are already dead is that they can no longer screw up. Get "The Pride of the Yankees" on DVD and watch it with him.

Who would Jesus bomb?

why would a role model have to be an athlete?
    they're just humans who often (and have more money and power to) fuck up, who happen to be good an running or riding a bike or hitting a ball or something.

No, I didn't mean to imply that it had to be an athlete-that came out wrong. But as I said (wrote), my oldest really admired Pistorius. And we try to teach the kids about the importance of doing your best even if you aren't going to be the best, working hard to overcome obstacles, about it being about more than personal glory, and most of all, about being honest. Athletes just happen to be the ones who most capture their attention right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    why would a role model have to be an athlete?
    Money, power and fame are the Lingua Franca today. What screwed up sport was the influx of big media money, mainly TV rights, which have perverted athletes values (more money in the pot, they want their share of it). Sign of the times unfortunately. So assholes like Armstrong will do anything to get it, legal or otherwise, and this shapes the values of those who admire people like him.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 02-16-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Some early media reports indicated that the shooting may have been an accident caused by Pistorius mistaking his girlfriend for an intruder.
    A police spokeswoman stated that those reports did not come from the police.
    According to a subsequent media report, this was the version of events given by Pistorius in his police statement.
    The spokeswoman also stated that earlier in the evening the neighbors heard "shouting and screaming" coming from Pistorius' house and that the police had been called to the house on some previous occasions responding to reports of "a domestic nature".

What a goddamn pissant...he did it on purpose...4 shots is NOT an accident! The prosecutors are looking to charge him with pre-meditated murder which is an automatic life sentence...rot in jail jerkoff!

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

never liked this dude. never. poor girl, she was not only beautiful, but smart. smh

More details emerge:

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/excl...against-oscar/

SA newspaper alleges that the first shot was fired in the bedroom and Reeva was wounded in the hip. Reeva then locked herself in the bathroom and OP fired three more shots through the bathroom door, fatally wounding her.

A bloodied bat was allegedly found at the scene of the crime but it's unclear whether it was used to bludgeon Reeva or if Reeva used in an attempt to defend herself. Oh, and OP called his best friend - not an ambulance - first.

It really doesn't look good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
    More details emerge:

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/excl...against-oscar/

SA newspaper alleges that the first shot was fired in the bedroom and Reeva was wounded in the hip. Reeva then locked herself in the bathroom and OP fired three more shots through the bathroom door, fatally wounding her.

A bloodied bat was allegedly found at the scene of the crime but it's unclear whether it was used to bludgeon Reeva or if Reeva used in an attempt to defend herself. Oh, and OP called his best friend - not an ambulance - first.

It really doesn't look good for him.
    So he didn't call for help but he's friend? He's a cold blooded killer. I still get mad seeing the photo of his brother SMILING outside of court. Why are you smiling? Your brother is a killer but you smile! All his family do my head in. They say sorry for Reeva being dead but don't act it.

They found a bloodied cricket bat and I read her skull was crushed. They think he wounded her in the bedroom & she fled to the bathroom. Holy crap. Poor girl. What the hell could she have done to cause this rage? Ever heard of just breaking off a relationship?

So very sad. I wonder what she must have thought.

what a fucking dick! I hope he gets it. but I'm no fan of any court systems right now

I hope he gets whats coming to him

What a crazy ass! I hope he doesn't think his fame will allow him to walk on this one. That poor girl. So much for him being a positive roll model.

I wonder if his trial will be televised? Do they do that in South Africa?
    Read my blog. I'm kinda funny. thejudgmentalblogger

I can't wait to see how he's going to explain shooting her 4 times, first in the hip in the bedroom and she got herself into the bathroom where he shot
    her 3 more times and then caved her head in with a cricket bat and he while this was all going on he didn't once recognize it was her from her screams and not
    an intruder.

My money is on a man with an inability to control his temper and a bully I hope they throw the book at him.
    “One never knows the ending. One has to die to know exactly what happens after death, although Catholics have their hopes.”

[SIZE=1]Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)[/SIZE]

Once he stopped shooting Reeva, he called his Dad and then best friend. His Dad keeps claming Oscar acted on impulse and isn't a killer. Well Reeva being shoot and hit with a cricket bat makes him a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Well, there's still Mrs. Gehrig's boy Lou. The advantage of having role models who are already dead is that they can no longer screw up. Get "The Pride of the Yankees" on DVD and watch it with him.
    I can't watch that with them-they wouldn't be able to hear the last half hour of the movie through my blubbering.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Once he stopped shooting Reeva, he called his Dad and then best friend. His Dad keeps claming Oscar acted on impulse and isn't a killer. Well Reeva being shoot and hit with a cricket bat makes him a killer.
    Yeah, at a certain point, claiming "mistaken identity" and "impulse" as more and more evidence comes to light just becomes ludicrous. I'm impressed, however, with how quickly he was arrested after the incident. Somehow I doubt that a comparable person in this country would be arrested anywhere near that quickly.