Thread: Griselda Blanco: The 'Godmother' of Cocaine

Griselda Blanco: The 'Godmother' of Cocaine

Notorious drug trafficker Griselda Blanco, who brought the idea of assassination-by-motorcycle to Miami in the '70s and '80s, was assassinated by men on motorcycles in Colombia on Monday, according to theMiami Herald.
    The BBC reports 69-year-old Blanco was shot as she was leaving a butcher's in Medellin, Colombia's second-largest city.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/griselda-blanco-dead-cocaine-godmother_n_1853873.html
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gox5V3VL1rtfnc7o1_500.gif
    Abandon all hope.

none

Last edited by TheMysterian; 09-04-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: already posted elsewhere

I try to be nice, but these cartels have created misery for all socio-economic levels on every continent. So to Griselda-espero que descanse en el tormento puta! And thats a word I never use, but she deserved it. I believe that some people are simply evil, and she's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    I try to be nice, but these cartels have created misery for all socio-economic levels on every continent. So to Griselda-espero que descanse en el tormento puta! And thats a word I never use, but she deserved it. I believe that some people are simply evil, and she's one of them.
    Absolutamente!

Puta got off easy.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gox5V3VL1rtfnc7o1_500.gif
    Abandon all hope.

She actually named one of her sons "Michael Corleone", I read.

She was awful. Unfortunately the Mr. is obsessed with the cartel people, mostly Griselda and Pablo Escobar. Wonder if I should wake him and tell him the news?

good riddance. she was a absolute merciless bitch. I am surprised she lasted this long after being deported to Columbia in 2004.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

No surprise here; typical cartel retirement plan.

Cocaine Cowboys was one of my favorite documentaries ever. Cocaine Cowboys 2, not so much, but she was the central figure in both. I heard some documentary filmmaker had video of her that was fairly recent, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Rest in Peace, Michael.

Too bad they didnt kidnap and torture her before shooting her.
    She was one ugly bitch.
    Suck it.

Back and forth between Pittsburgh and Tampa
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Too bad they didnt kidnap and torture her before shooting her.
    She was one ugly bitch.
    I remember seeing a profile about her on "Deadly Women" and was surprised she'd lived as long as she did before someone finally capped her ass.

I hear Hell is very hot this time of year...
    "You are what you think. If you think and you know that you can make it, then you are going to make it"
    - Jeff Reed, former NFL kicker

I haven't done any formal research on this, but people in her line of work don't usually last beyond 40 years of age. She was damn lucky.

She should have gotten the electric chair in Florida several times over, too. Unbelievable how she got off so lightly.

I got a female guinea pig just over a year ago and named her Griselda Blanco. I am not planning on telling her this news, I am afraid it will upset her.

Live by the gun, die by the gun. She was a heartless bitch, who also killed an innocent child. Here's to hoping she is roasting in hell!!

Karma took it's time with her, apparently.

If any of you are a fan of the A&E show "Breaking Bad" it's a little more understandable how someone like this rose to the power that she eventually wielded. Someone who simply got into the drug business to make a little $$$, then opportunities become available, power is gained and before you know it, it changes your entire moral compass. Now, I have no idea what circumstances led to her ultimate rise to power, however, I do think her life was prolonged by her incarceration here in the states. What I have never understood is why people continue to get into the drug trade, knowing there are no rules or boundaries, and what is most certainly guaranteed to be a short career for 99% of them. I guess some are just destined to stupidity, only to serve as examples to those who aren't sure what direction they should take in life.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Okay I understand how Griselda could have been a little pissed at how she was brought up (i.e.: being pimped out by her mother) but really I don't, and lord forgive me for speaking ill of the dead but, give a damn about someone shooting her, I'd like to know who it was so I could shake their hand(s). I have no issue with her being "The godmother of Cocaine" and selling and making her millions or billions whichever the case may be but when she ordered her henchman shot and he was driving with his 6 year old son in the car and the assassin shot that little boy "accidentally" and showed no sign of regret or mercy that is disgusting! All I can say is Vaya Con Dios! Though I highly doubt she'll be seeing god anytime soon!

This is friggin' crazy - I can't believe she made it to 69!!! I am just reading up on her and I wonder "WHAT" she did or had that made everyone follow her? I mean I get that she would kill anyone at anytime, but she musta had something....

Her Son Michael Corleone (sp) was recently arrested for buying coke from an undercover agent... Not as smooth as Mama I guess...

I would like to see her death pic... I know - don't judge me...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Ugh... everyone that loves Cocaine Cowboys and the entire Miami cocaine wars in the late 70's/80's get ready to be pissed. At least it just pissed me off. *sigh* Griselda Blanco film in the works and they have inked a deal with the actress that's going to play her.... I can't bare to type it. Click the link and be sad with me

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...%99/ar-BB6TQ6B
    I Do Not Own A Twitter Machine

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Ugh... everyone that loves Cocaine Cowboys and the entire Miami cocaine wars in the late 70's/80's get ready to be pissed. At least it just pissed me off. *sigh* Griselda Blanco film in the works and they have inked a deal with the actress that's going to play her.... I can't bare to type it. Click the link and be sad with me

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...%99/ar-BB6TQ6B
    I've always thought that Rosie Perez would make the perfect Godmother. I'm a big fan of Cocaine Cowboys and even have the John Roberts book which was a real page turner.

This is the Griselda Blanco movie however HBO is still going on with the Mark Wahlberg Cocaine Cowboys series.

It could be worse I guess. They could have picked Jennifer Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    It could be worse I guess. They could have picked Jennifer Lopez.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1677042/jenn...caine-cowboys/

I won't watch it if that happens.

The role hasn't been cast yet but she's fighting for the role since its going to be filmed in Miami and JLO has a huge production company down there.

I'll watch it because its HBO and HBO's Sunday Night Programming is phenomenal.

Miami is my favorite place. The place is full of life and energy and an empire built on drug money. I heard that Di Caprio will be playing Mickey that is going to be interesting.

Di Caprio would be awesome. Series just scares me. I'm so scared it could end up like Deadwood or like how they're doing Boardwalk Empire... which is a crime btw.