Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 2532

Thread: Trayvon Martin

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    First of all Miss Lady I wasn't speaking to YOU directly. Second the last time I checked I have the right to post my opinions/statements here just like you. You do not speak for me or can even pretend to know what I am thinking about this case so you really need to get over your sanctimonious self. Yes I am black and yes I am outraged about this case--not for the obvious reason of race but how white people like yourself keep saying "get over it" "stop playing the race card." But since it keeps getting pointed out EVERYWHERE I go to get more info about this case, race is the wall I keep running into. It is what it is whether you want it to be so or not. So because I thank another poster for their comment that I happened to agree with now I am playing race. Whatever. For God's sake let me have my thoughts please. I don't think anyone appointed you the Mayor or Chief of this message board. From what I've seen of you on here you seem to want things your way and anyone else with an opposing opinion is not welcome. Again--whatever.

    If it isn't about race then why did you even take the time to try to call me and possibly other posters out about my/our comments? You should really quit trying to be the board bully--not a good look.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    Very well stated.

    I'm watching national news right now, and much is being made about the reason Trevon was suspended (a baggie that had marijuana, or residue - depends on what channel you're watching).

    So his mother's on here and she's just said, "They killed him once and now they're killing his memory."
    And you know, here's the thing. "They" didn't kill him, a man killed him. An hispanic man lost his cool and your son was killed and I couldn't be sorrier for you.

    But you go and make this an international issue, and you go calling in such rot as Al Sharpton and J. Jackson and the farking President, and see, things like this are going to be found out and reported. You want a world-issue? You got it. But it's gonna be treated as such, with no stone unturned. If you didn't want that, perhaps you might've given that a thought before organizing the million hoodie march and demanding that "action be taken."

    Careful what you wish for there, Unfortunate Mother, and do not cry foul when you get it.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700
    What is being lost is that Zimmerman murdered this kid in cold blood
    Was told to back off BY THE AUTHORITIES and did not.

    If he had killed a white kid his ass would be in jail immediately

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Seems this case has brought out a whole shit load of ugly. Perpetrator, victim, activists, law enforcement.... and the cyber peanut gallery. Not a good look on a lot of people.

    I just spent a good three hours on this case. What I've gleaned is that a mentally and morally questionable wannabe Melvin Purvis saw his chance to be a hero and gunned down a kid with a bag of skittles. A kid who maybe dressed a little thuggish like most of his peers and who might have been busted with a little weed once (a substance which I'm sure roughly 50 percent or more of the nation has tried). Law enforcement saw this guy as a nuisance and not the escalating threat he was, and there's a law in Florida that needs some tweaking. A few blowhards and a publicity hungry family have started a circus rather than a quest for justice, and we the people are falling hook line and sinker.

    Couple things we humans should probably remember:

    Saying that if a black kid had gunned down a white kid it wouldn't be news is, guess what? RACISM. Whole bunch of pot/kettle, and simply not true. There would be an outcry, and worse a whole bunch of vicious, "I told you so"'s from people who should be wearing white sheets. Coming from middle class whites it sounds even more ridiculous.

    Saying that blacks are the only ones targeted by law enforcement unfairly is even more ignorant racism. Ask any asian, muslim, Indian, Native American or even a white person in an area predominantly occupied by one of the former. It goes every which way folks.

    And making the assumption that a white person has no idea what racism is, especially in this day and age with the amount of immigration and multiculturalism is also a dumb assumption.

    Bottom line, some very racially biased colors are being shown by EVERYONE, and if you really want to prove you aren't part of that mob, drop the rhetoric and focus on the facts.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    What is being lost is that Zimmerman murdered this kid in cold blood
    Was told to back off BY THE AUTHORITIES and did not.


    Bingo!

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700

    New Witness, looks like Zimmerman is a complete asshole


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    What is being lost is that Zimmerman murdered this kid in cold blood
    Was told to back off BY THE AUTHORITIES and did not.

    If he had killed a white kid his ass would be in jail immediately
    Agreed. Or any other race for that matter. Seems the life of someone else's child has no value to some.

    Signed,
    A member of the Cyber Peanut Gallery

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    Agreed. Or any other race for that matter. Seems the life of someone else's child has no value to some.

    Signed,
    A member of the Cyber Peanut Gallery
    This ass got out of his car and chased this kid down
    How in the hell is that self defense???

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Godforsaken Midwest
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Seems this case has brought out a whole shit load of ugly. Perpetrator, victim, activists, law enforcement.... and the cyber peanut gallery. Not a good look on a lot of people.

    I just spent a good three hours on this case. What I've gleaned is that a mentally and morally questionable wannabe Melvin Purvis saw his chance to be a hero and gunned down a kid with a bag of skittles. A kid who maybe dressed a little thuggish like most of his peers and who might have been busted with a little weed once (a substance which I'm sure roughly 50 percent or more of the nation has tried). Law enforcement saw this guy as a nuisance and not the escalating threat he was, and there's a law in Florida that needs some tweaking. A few blowhards and a publicity hungry family have started a circus rather than a quest for justice, and we the people are falling hook line and sinker.

    Couple things we humans should probably remember:

    Saying that if a black kid had gunned down a white kid it wouldn't be news is, guess what? RACISM. Whole bunch of pot/kettle, and simply not true. There would be an outcry, and worse a whole bunch of vicious, "I told you so"'s from people who should be wearing white sheets. Coming from middle class whites it sounds even more ridiculous.

    Saying that blacks are the only ones targeted by law enforcement unfairly is even more ignorant racism. Ask any asian, muslim, Indian, Native American or even a white person in an area predominantly occupied by one of the former. It goes every which way folks.

    And making the assumption that a white person has no idea what racism is, especially in this day and age with the amount of immigration and multiculturalism is also a dumb assumption.

    Bottom line, some very racially biased colors are being shown by EVERYONE, and if you really want to prove you aren't part of that mob, drop the rhetoric and focus on the facts.
    Another beautifully worded post from the beautiful Jane. Agreed, particularly the bolded sections! Thank you.
    Darkling, I listen; and, for many a time
    I have been half in love with easeful Death.
    - John Keats
    Learn, Accept, Love. http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    Please explain how this ass getting out of his car and chasing this kid down is self defense.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Godforsaken Midwest
    Posts
    428
    It isn't self-defense, not in any way, shape, or form. I feel like Mstee made a good point: a child's life was lost here. Whether he smoked weed or wore hoodies (something I do a lot of!) doesn't make him a thug and it certainly didn't make him a "threat" to that snivelling excuse for a man Zimmerman.
    Darkling, I listen; and, for many a time
    I have been half in love with easeful Death.
    - John Keats
    Learn, Accept, Love. http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Maybe when I watch the news tonight I'll have changed my mind & I'll see Zimmerman as a cold blooded murderer. But until then I continue to do my own research.
    Let's Hope some others here and around the country begin to do the same. This is a rush to judgement instigated by a ratings-whore media and professional racial instigators whose only marketable talent is fomenting strife to line their pockets. Hey, the dude MAY be a racist (who also tutors African American kids and has many AA friends and family members..........though it seems a bit of a stretch with each new bit of information we get).

    We simply don't have enough information yet. The ONLY people whose motivations we can be SURE of at this point are Al (not so sharp)Sharpton, Jesse ("I have a scheme") Jackson, and the media whores. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

    I have a difficult time justifying killing an unarmed kid who you were chasing and confronting. That was idiotic, dangerous, and as it turned out, deadly. But the racist rhetoric doesn't advance justice, it hinders it.
    Last edited by Scatter; 03-26-2012 at 02:33 PM.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5
    hi everyone.
    just posting a link to a petition to try to change the Florida "Stand Your Ground" Law..

    http://www.change.org/petitions/repe...ayvon-s-killer

    purplerose
    Last edited by purplerosse; 03-27-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: didnt post link.. sorry

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    This ass got out of his car and chased this kid down
    How in the hell is that self defense???
    Not self-defense to me either Kate. Had Trayvon or any other teen rolled up on Zimmerman looking to carjack, rob, beat or shoot this man then I could see the self-defense theory being played here. Even as I await more facts of this case what is known so far is that Zimmerman went after this kid and shot him down. Like he was rabid animal. Hell, if Zimmerman had shot a dog he would probably be in jail right now. Shows how cheap human life is when you can go to jail for killing a dog faster than you would an unarmed teenager. If I was walking down the street and saw some grown man watching me like a hawk while I am minding MY business I too would cross to the other side. Run. Ask him what he wants with me. Cause people do still prey on and kidnap teenagers. No matter how this incident plays out, it is a true tragedy on both sides. The more I think about it, both families have lost their sons. One dead and the other's fate has yet to be determined.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalHeadBettie View Post
    It isn't self-defense, not in any way, shape, or form. I feel like Mstee made a good point: a child's life was lost here. Whether he smoked weed or wore hoodies (something I do a lot of!) doesn't make him a thug and it certainly didn't make him a "threat" to that snivelling excuse for a man Zimmerman.
    Point well taken MHB

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    What about muslims?
    Blacks Muslims get it too. lol
    No but to be serious, Muslims get profiled from everyone not just cops.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near the shores of Lake Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    486
    [QUOTE=mstee2u1972;1272752] ...If I was walking down the street and saw some grown man watching me like a hawk while I am minding MY business I too would cross to the other side. Run. Ask him what he wants with me. Cause people do still prey on and kidnap teenagers...

    I keep coming back to this point in my mind. Trayvon was being followed by an older man. Trayvon allegedly said, "Why are you following me?" I think if Zimmerman got out of his car and approached, touched, confronted him Trayvon should/would have fought like hell. That's what I would want my 15 year old son to do. That would explain Zimmerman's injuries.

    I respect those who aknowledge we can't get into Zimmerman's head to determine if race was an issue, but I think it's reasonable to speculate on a possible motive for any killing. From what I can see, Zimmerman indicated Trayvon was "suspicious." Three possibilities for him being "suspicious" to Zimmerman: his age, his gender, his race.

    Archer Fact: You canít tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    We had our riots here last year due to an unarmed black guy being shot in cold blood by the cops.......im sensing wherever in the US this took place, that it is about to kick off big time.
    Gun crime is on the rise here in the UK but as ive said before I think in the USA guns are far to easy to get hold off!

  19. #169
    [QUOTE=homesgirl;1272769]
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post

    I respect those who aknowledge we can't get into Zimmerman's head to determine if race was an issue, but I think it's reasonable to speculate on a possible motive for any killing. From what I can see, Zimmerman indicated Trayvon was "suspicious." Three possibilities for him being "suspicious" to Zimmerman: his age, his gender, his race.

    How about, he didn't live in that neighborhood? Some 17 year old kid wandering around my neighborhood, who I knew didn't live there, would raise my attention as well.Especially if it was a high crime area, and I was in neighborhood watch. Now, I wouldn't go off and call 911 or chase dude down (cuz I'm not a psycho), but I'd keep an eye out.
    Last edited by Scatter; 03-26-2012 at 03:22 PM.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    Seems this case has brought out a whole shit load of ugly. Perpetrator, victim, activists, law enforcement.... and the cyber peanut gallery. Not a good look on a lot of people.

    I just spent a good three hours on this case. What I've gleaned is that a mentally and morally questionable wannabe Melvin Purvis saw his chance to be a hero and gunned down a kid with a bag of skittles. A kid who maybe dressed a little thuggish like most of his peers and who might have been busted with a little weed once (a substance which I'm sure roughly 50 percent or more of the nation has tried). Law enforcement saw this guy as a nuisance and not the escalating threat he was, and there's a law in Florida that needs some tweaking. A few blowhards and a publicity hungry family have started a circus rather than a quest for justice, and we the people are falling hook line and sinker.

    Couple things we humans should probably remember:

    Saying that if a black kid had gunned down a white kid it wouldn't be news is, guess what? RACISM. Whole bunch of pot/kettle, and simply not true. There would be an outcry, and worse a whole bunch of vicious, "I told you so"'s from people who should be wearing white sheets. Coming from middle class whites it sounds even more ridiculous.

    Saying that blacks are the only ones targeted by law enforcement unfairly is even more ignorant racism. Ask any asian, muslim, Indian, Native American or even a white person in an area predominantly occupied by one of the former. It goes every which way folks.

    And making the assumption that a white person has no idea what racism is, especially in this day and age with the amount of immigration and multiculturalism is also a dumb assumption.

    Bottom line, some very racially biased colors are being shown by EVERYONE, and if you really want to prove you aren't part of that mob, drop the rhetoric and focus on the facts.
    You missed the whole point of my comment. I was pointing out that If the situation had been reversed then Trayvon would be arrested. I didn't say that there would be no public outcry but the police would have arrested him on the spot, instead of taking his word for self-defense. READ THE POST AGAIN JANE.

    I didn't say only blacks are targeted by law enforcement, you did. I said black males get racially profiled more than any other race in this country. Asians, Native Americans, Indians are not pulled over for driving nice cars in a nice neighborhood like my father was. Who is a BLACK MALE.

    Asians, Native Americans, and Indians are not followed around stores for fear of shoplifting the was my brother was. Who is a BLACK MALE.

    The Facts
    that need to be focused on are that Zimmerman was not arrested for killing Trayvon Martin, who was a BLACK MALE, and we are outraged.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post

    I just spent a good three hours on this case. What I've gleaned is that a mentally and morally questionable wannabe Melvin Purvis saw his chance to be a hero and gunned down a kid with a bag of skittles. A kid who maybe dressed a little thuggish like most of his peers and who might have been busted with a little weed once (a substance which I'm sure roughly 50 percent or more of the nation has tried). Law enforcement saw this guy as a nuisance and not the escalating threat he was, and there's a law in Florida that needs some tweaking. A few blowhards and a publicity hungry family have started a circus rather than a quest for justice, and we the people are falling hook line and sinker.
    Thanks radio, as usual, I do applaud your post. This part especially.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    I think Jane read your post just fine.
    I don't see that she was choosing a certain person to respond to, at least that's not how I saw it.

    You're black, Trevon was black, we get it. Our views are just that. I'm not giving more credence to one race or another in this, because that's exactly what's gone so terribly wrong here. And all the king's horses and all the bolded caps in the world aren't going to change that for me. Flame on.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Godforsaken Midwest
    Posts
    428
    Sorry to play devil's advocate, but my friend just showed me this link on facebook:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html

    And I guess MSN just posted a new article where several other witnesses have come forward to say Trayvon attacked Zimmerman? I'm about to check it out. That changes my feelings on the story a little bit, but not much. It's like what Mstee said: "Trayvon was being followed by an older man. Trayvon allegedly said, "Why are you following me?" I think if Zimmerman got out of his car and approached, touched, confronted him Trayvon should/would have fought like hell. That's what I would want my 15 year old son to do. That would explain Zimmerman's injuries." It's still possible, IMO, that Zimmerman came at Trayvon, asking for trouble, and he found it. I'd slam that fucker's head on the ground for following me too.
    Darkling, I listen; and, for many a time
    I have been half in love with easeful Death.
    - John Keats
    Learn, Accept, Love. http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    The fact that you seem to feel that I was addressing your post exclusively just strengthens my point. I could have multi quoted until the cows came home, but for the sake of time and brevity, I addressed the issue generally.

    But while we're at it:

    A) The role reversal observation wasn't addressed to your post, it was addressed to Ra Ra who said said something along the line of it not being newsworthy if it had been a black perp and white victim. My point stands. Yours however is probably pretty accurate as well.

    B) I never stated that I felt blacks were the sole targets of law enforcement. I was responding to yet another post that stated that. Perhaps it's you that needs to do some re reading.

    C). I'm sorry your brother and your father and obviously you, have had issues with racial bias in the past. Guess what? whether or not you want to believe it, you're not the only one. Asians and natives get targeted for driving down the wrong streets and get watched in stores. Even I get the stink eye in predominantly black/Filipino/Native areas. You don't have a monopoly on oppression.

    If you really think that the sole reason that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested is because of the color of his victim, I think you're very badly misinformed about the cultural tone of the world today, as well as basic police procedure and facts. Let's exercise a little not so common sense here; Do you really think that with this much of an outcry, with even your (black by the way) president speaking out that they just would let him walk because he's white? This isn't Mississippi in the 40's dear. If anything there would be more of an effort to show that there was no racial bias on the part of the cops.


    The killing might have been racially motivated. If that can be proven, then hate crime laws will take care of it. The cops fucked up, and now they're treading very lightly because they're under the gun. Making it racial sets you back decades. There should be equal outrage any time ANY COLOR PERSON is killed. Until then, you're just as racist as everyone else.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    you know what the best way to diffuse the racial angle of this case would be (if in fact Zimmerman was racially motivated)?

    Discuss and protest and poorly worded law that gives citizens too much leeway
    Discuss and condemn improper behavior by law enforcement
    Discuss and work to fix the training and procedures (and screening processes) for neighborhood watch captains.

    In other words, put your money where your mouth is and prove that race doesn't matter. Rise above.

    You are never going to eradicate racism. It will not happen. People will be bigots until the end of time. If you get down in the gutter and focus on terms like "fucking coon" and the like instead of pushing for an investigation into the real issue, you're no better than them.

    This guy was a headcase. Racism was clearly one of many major issues. The best way to take the wind out of his sails is to remember that and treat both Zimmerman and Trayvon as humans.
    Valid.

  26. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    28,190
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    That's the most ridiculous & embarrassing thing I've ever heard. had it been a black guy who killed a white kid we would NEVER have heard about it. period. the end. Plus we aren't even talking about black & white. It's hispanic & black. So your argument is invalid.

    You know, the more y'all make it about race the less justice we can hope to have in the future. just bc people are different races & get involved in a crime doesn't make it a hate crime or a racial crime. Please please get over yourselves. People are just stupid, or angry, or lose control. Leave it alone already.
    Keep in mind, everyone is entitled to their own opinions here.

    Let's not get overheated about this, folks. The truth will out. We hope.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12




  27. #177
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,477
    Since Zimmerman hasn't had much to say yet, how do we know these two didn't have a past history? Maybe they weren't total strangers like most people assume and had prior run-ins with each other. I think Zimmerman will be arrested at some point and I agree that Trayvon's family dragging the attention whores into this is going to make the situation ten times worse since Sharpton and Jackson get a boner everytime they can get some shit stirred up and thousands of people in an uproar. And why not? There's cash to be made and they get away with their tactics everytime.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700
    [QUOTE=Scatter;1272772]
    Quote Originally Posted by homesgirl View Post

    How about, he didn't live in that neighborhood? Some 17 year old kid wandering around my neighborhood, who I knew didn't live there, would raise my attention as well.Especially if it was a high crime area, and I was in neighborhood watch. Now, I wouldn't go off and call 911 or chase dude down (cuz I'm not a psycho), but I'd keep an eye out.
    He was visiting his father who DOES live in that neighborhood.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,629
    Very well said RadioJane.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,637
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    A little more Racism to feed the fires?
    An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing


    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-tshirt-759832
    Elegant.
    Victory will belong only to those who have faith in the people, those who are immersed in the life-giving spring of popular creativity.

  31. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,006
    It just ran on my local news about the pot residue in the baggie that TM had.

    Bettter get something bigger than that.

    ALSO.....Trayvon had NO juvenile offender record.

    Next?
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

  32. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5
    hi everyone, just have a question, ive read in an above post that Zimmerman had bruises and bleeding but not Trayvon, has that been proven with an autopsy?? Im sure Trayvon did have bruises on him, I doubt Zimmerman rolled over in the fetal position and let himself be beaten.
    Ive taught my kids since they were small to fight, yell, scream if someone is trying to abduct them or they feel afraid. On that 911 tape you hear someone yell and scream for help. And i have no doubt that was Trayvons voice. Im sure he fought for his life that night.
    And I agree that this is turning into something big. But that is only because there is not charges yet.. why are they waiting. The police let this man walk home after the incident, with the blood on his clothes and gun in his pocket.
    NOw witnesses are coming out. Did these witnesses give a statement that night? if not why did they wait till now? Zimmerman didnt even give a formal statement. SO why are we to believe them now.
    So much is going to come out and I just hope both parties find some kind of closure, even Zimmerman. Hes never going to have a normal life.

  33. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    The fact that you seem to feel that I was addressing your post exclusively just strengthens my point. I could have multi quoted until the cows came home, but for the sake of time and brevity, I addressed the issue generally.

    But while we're at it:

    A) The role reversal observation wasn't addressed to your post, it was addressed to Ra Ra who said said something along the line of it not being newsworthy if it had been a black perp and white victim. My point stands. Yours however is probably pretty accurate as well.

    B) I never stated that I felt blacks were the sole targets of law enforcement. I was responding to yet another post that stated that. Perhaps it's you that needs to do some re reading.

    C). I'm sorry your brother and your father and obviously you, have had issues with racial bias in the past. Guess what? whether or not you want to believe it, you're not the only one. Asians and natives get targeted for driving down the wrong streets and get watched in stores. Even I get the stink eye in predominantly black/Filipino/Native areas. You don't have a monopoly on oppression.

    If you really think that the sole reason that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested is because of the color of his victim, I think you're very badly misinformed about the cultural tone of the world today, as well as basic police procedure and facts. Let's exercise a little not so common sense here; Do you really think that with this much of an outcry, with even your (black by the way) president speaking out that they just would let him walk because he's white? This isn't Mississippi in the 40's dear. If anything there would be more of an effort to show that there was no racial bias on the part of the cops.


    The killing might have been racially motivated. If that can be proven, then hate crime laws will take care of it. The cops fucked up, and now they're treading very lightly because they're under the gun. Making it racial sets you back decades. There should be equal outrage any time ANY COLOR PERSON is killed. Until then, you're just as racist as everyone else.
    I agree that there should be equal outrage anytime that someone is killed but specific to this case, it was a young black male who was called a "coon" then murdered. Sorry if pointing out the prejudice of the Sanford police department and George Zimmerman makes me a racist.

    I didn't make it racial. George Zimmerman made it racial. No matter what, race is involved in this case despite any one's efforts to conceal it.

  34. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Okay but if that's the case, wouldn't the quickest and most effective way to put a racist in his place be to make it clear to him that society chooses to view him as an equal to the man he apparently denigrated and feared?

    In my experience what infuriates and humiliates racists and Xenophobes the most is being treated the same as those they wish to oppress. I'm not condoning Zimmerman's actions or any racial bias he has. What I'm trying to say is that the best way to prove we've moved forward as a society is to respond and say "You killed another human being, and you will be punished", not trot out the two blowhards that have done more to set back the cause of black rights than most bigots have, and not to try and claim that the African American male's issues with law enforcement trump any other minority's.

    I still hold that race was a SMALL part of this. The biggest problem was that this guy wanted to be John Wayne. I think his trigger finger would have itched if it had been a white woman in a hoodie. He was clearly short a few scrabble tiles.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  35. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,477
    Pussy Ass Cracker, huh? Can you imagine what the reaction to a shirt that says Pussy Ass Coon would be?

  36. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,006
    Very interesting.

    Maybe Trayvon Martin was the one using the stand your ground law...... And this is from FOX news, take it with a grain.

    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...n-report-says/
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

  37. #187
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Very interesting.

    Maybe Trayvon Martin was the one using the stand your ground law...... And this is from FOX news, take it with a grain.

    http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...n-report-says/
    Don't trust Sux news

    AT ALL

  38. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Setting aside the source of the link, Im hearing virtually no facts but vague promises of other evidence. I get the impression that this is a zimmerman acquaintance looking for 15 minutes
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  39. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada
    Posts
    2,387
    some recent pics of Martin - not so innocent



  40. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,637
    Victory will belong only to those who have faith in the people, those who are immersed in the life-giving spring of popular creativity.

  41. #191
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,477
    The first picture looks like Gary Coleman.

  42. #192
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    6,973
    Jesus you guys are playing judge, jury and excutioner before knoowing the true facts. Glad you aren't into politics or wed all be dead.

  43. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back and forth between Pittsburgh and Tampa
    Posts
    7,471
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    A little more Racism to feed the fires?
    An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing


    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-tshirt-759832
    Much as what happened to the kid was a tragedy, that shirt is just wrong on so many levels...and not really helping the situation.
    Happy Holidays!


    "You are what you think. If you think and you know that you can make it, then you are going to make it"

    - Jeff Reed, former NFL kicker

  44. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,477
    Isn't that the point?

  45. #195
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    We're analyzing the facts in front of us and discussing the case. No one is getting lynched. I thought (some ignorance aside) that we had a pretty open and analytical debate. Forever, you're the one who consistently claims we take media reports as the gospel. I thought you'd be happy we were questioning what we've been told!
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  46. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,424
    The Orlando Sentinel is definitely reporting that Zimmerman was struck first. And it also said (what we kind of knew) -- that Zimmerman's lawyer absolutely must tell his client not to talk to media; their are grand jury proceedings in the works, anyone who'd speak to ANY media outlet is making a tremendous mistake. He didn't mention Zimmerman being scared, but I'd wonder about him if he was anything but scared. There was a hell of a lot of anger in that hoodie march; many of those folks wanted not justice but revenge.

    Saw on CBS today, one woman was asked, in the heat of the march, what she would like to see done. She had no answer. She started to say something, then stopped, then stammered out, "You can't judge a book by it's cover." We get that. What we (I) don't get is: what DO they want? Not just to see this guy jailed, no -- it's more than that. Even in obvious cases, the shooter isn't brought into prison the night of the shooting, there are channels they must follow (or he'd get out on a technicality). They're going to sue him and get as much money as they can from him, I get that, too. But I've got a bad feeling they want more, and by "more" I mean they want their son to be the poster boy for racial injustice. So long as nothing negative is reported on him, of course.

    Equality my ass. All I've seen all day, on any news channel, is that this now-angel was chased down and murdered, and how our government let him go. That's doing nothing but riling up the masses, it isn't even correct, what they're saying. But then I guess a racial war would be all kind of cool for the media outlets. God help those caught in the crossfire, though.

    Scary as hell mentality, guys. If it doesn't scare us, it should. Because this is the way a racial war would start. The facts won't matter as much as the aftermath, and good God look at the aftermath! And I've got a feeling they're just getting warmed up on this one.

    Whoever said that this was scary as hell because it was a race war just waiting to happen (RaRa said it, I think) was exactly right. That's the stuff of Manson fantasies, it's a veritable nightmare for the notion of order in our country as we knew it.

    Also: I'm SO tired of Nancy Grace tearing up and going, "I've got a baby boy too!" For God's sake, Nancy, we know! We knew before he was born and we sure know now! As usual, she's turning this into her, and my God that gets old! Now she's showing pictures of Treyvon graduating from Kindergarten. Oh good God.

    I can't watch this anymore, I just can't. I had no idea this country was one incident away from the kind of lynch mob mentality I'm seeing here. It's disappointing, it's shocking, and scary as hell.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  47. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Amen Taupin. I really thought we were better than this.


    I feel for the black community because if it comes out that the perpetrator acted in valid self defense, then all this anger is a farce and another gun in the arsenal of the bigoted.

    And god help anyone who has to defend themselves against someone with a different complexion in the next little bit.

    So much for rising above.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

  48. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefCookChemist View Post
    ^^^^ That picture is not a picture of trayvon martin.
    Thank you! I would have been more grateful had you not poisoned your response with rhetoric. But thanks all the same

    Quote Originally Posted by ChefCookChemist View Post
    Every race is capable of racism. But ONLY black men have to deal with the ridiculous amount of racial profiling from cops/authority figures.
    Only someone waking from a 50 yr coma could really believe that. I kid. maybe. Seriously though, every one of us has been profiled & ridiculed & harassed due to our color, sex, clothing, religion, or any one of a number of other things. It happens to everyone, every single day. I get it EVERY single day from black women but I don't call Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh to come make a scene about it. I get over it & shake my head.





    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Keep in mind, everyone is entitled to their own opinions here.

    Let's not get overheated about this, folks. The truth will out. We hope.
    I didn't direct my comment to anyone, it was in general and to the world, so I am very confused about why that person got their girdle in a twist, but I can go back I look at my post though. And in the meantime I can find the ignore button.


    Quote Originally Posted by purplerosse View Post
    And I agree that this is turning into something big. But that is only because there is not charges yet.. why are they waiting. The police let this man walk home after the incident, with the blood on his clothes and gun in his pocket.
    NOw witnesses are coming out. Did these witnesses give a statement that night? if not why did they wait till now? Zimmerman didnt even give a formal statement. SO why are we to believe them now.
    So much is going to come out and I just hope both parties find some kind of closure, even Zimmerman. Hes never going to have a normal life.
    The witnesses did give reports to the police that night, which is why Zimmerman wasn't arrested. The witnesses independently supported his version of events Apparently the world is unable to accept that, which i find strange.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Pussy Ass Cracker, huh? Can you imagine what the reaction to a shirt that says Pussy Ass Coon would be?
    Riots & some dead random white people?


    I am bewildered by the hostility that people feel when some of us question the headlines we are reading. I say all the time to read beyond the headlines. That's what I do. Why is it such a shock that I am doing it now?

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  49. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Midland, Texas
    Posts
    2,782
    Mother seeks trademark on Trayvon. Yep, that's exactly what I'd do.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123

  50. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SE Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    8,801
    Nothing like selling your dead son.

    Everyone in this case is giving me the creeps.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •