Thread: 6 Year Old Girl Handcuffed and Arrested for Terrible Tantrum

6 Year Old Girl Handcuffed and Arrested for Terrible Tantrum

I saw this on the news, today, and the mother was an enabler. I'm SO TIRED of parents thinking schools should raise their children, and that their children should NEVER be corrected. This child has some SERIOUS anger/emotional issues...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...001249882.html

Read this and laughed at the mother's reaction! She was just having a bad day my ass! If one of my kids EVER acted like this in school (even when they were in kindergarten) then I'd probably ask the cops to keep them for just a little bit longer and make sure they were good and "shook up" before they came home because they sure wouldn't want to send them immediately home to me. The school also stated they tried to reach the mother at least 6 times and couldn't reach her. Where the hell was she?! My husband and I are pretty busy throughout the day while the kids are in school but there is always some way to reach us. Always. If not, then I've been in a severe accident and my phone has been destroyed and I am unable to vocalize.
    "For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, and if it hurts, you know what? It was probably worth it." ~The Beach~

www.minlynn.deviantart.com

Sounds like a hell of a tantrum lol.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Wow. The mother's complete failure to take responsibility, or even be ashamed, says it all. Politicians talk about education reform and evaluating teachers more closely. But when teachers are expected to also be the parent, the nanny, and the police, on a pittance of a salary, gee I wonder what needs better evaluation...
    I hope even Al Sharpton will see through this crap.
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Wanted to add they expect shools to raise their kids than complain about how the school chooses to do so! I think the partents should be arrested and fined for breeding.

Exactly. It's a free country, but don't sue McDonald's for making you obese, and don't sue the school staff for defending themselves against the beastly child you're free to raise any damned way you want.
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Mood swings?? bullshit. If I ever had acted like that, I would have gotten my ass beat. And If my kids ever acted like that, they would have gotten their ass beat. They would have wished they were going to jail.

Mom doesn't give a shit about what her daughter does.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

That child needs to be formally evaluated by a kiddie shrink, given a proper treatment plan, and the parents need to shape up or ship out. Mood swings in a six year old is worth getting checked out because there is no shame in that unless you do not bother to do it.

Dang.

That child threw a massive fit from Hades, man! The parents should be happy that no one at the school snapped and beat the child down or something. I'm serious because that would be worse than the school calling the authorities.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/1...-Kindergartner

"As has been reported, on Friday, a student engaged in violent and disruptive behavior that resulted in police involvement. The student's behavior included pushing several other students; running away from the school staff; slamming chairs around the school office; climbing up and knocking over a bookcase; knocking pictures off the wall; scribbling over the walls and door; and injuring a school employee."

She should be thrown out of the school period.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

I can't believe this even made the news. Mom must be the one who called... She is an idiot. Yeah, where's Al Sharpton when you really need him?! I don't feel sorry for that kid, a tantrum means stomping your feet and screaming, NOT kicking over tables and picking up and throwing desks.

It's a damn shame they didn't pepper-spray her.

I don't like the look in Salecia's eyes. Even calm and seemingly happy with the media attention, she appears capable of even more trouble now and in the future. She's a big child for her age and now she knows what she can do with her power when in a rage.
    Watch her expressions towards the end of this video:

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/default....=1567722846001

She will kill someone in a few years, just wait. Tie her mother's tubes and take the brat into the woodshed.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

She needs to be home schooled if this is how she acts.

Let the parents shoulder the burden of what they started.

That child doesn't have one authority figure in her life.
    The only difference between a death hag and the rest of the world is that we don't DENY we're fascinated by death.... (Tebssis)

I hope that Child Protective Services will launch at least a home-visit. The mother needs immediate help and supervision. The child needs strict behavioral guidelines, possibly medication and counseling and supervision. Hate to say it, but at six, it is too late to BEGIN any sort of discipline at home; this is an ongoing process that should develop between parents and child, nearly from birth. I'm not saying you DISCIPLINE a baby at all, just that time spent feeding, loving and holding a newborn is reassurance that they are loved and cared for. As the baby grows, routine is discipline - all of their needs are met - changed diapers, food, comfort when hurt or upset, care and concern. Then, chatting and modeling good behavior - that's discipline. Develops very naturally and it is also the attitude that the child came to live with you, not the other way around - enveloping the baby into your world and what you value.

As a mother of three, I often say that if you think being a parent is easy, you are doing it wrong - it takes constant effort and attention and nearly all of your energy. Close attention to your children will allow you to give a withering look that will make your kid stop in his tracks. You know what kept me on the straight and narrow in school/life? Healthy fear of my parents! God help me if either parent ever got a call about my behavior. That teacher would be assured that such behavior would NEVER happen again...and it would not.

Now the poor child will really suffer because she hasn't gotten all that she needs from her mom. My heart breaks for this little girl and all that she does not have.

She was biting a doorknob? Sumfin's not right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    She was biting a doorknob? Sumfin's not right here.
    Yeah she is a self absorbed little punk who needs the crap hit into her.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Yeah she is a self absorbed little punk who needs the crap hit into her.

Oh, Mammy & Jane! Where's that canoe paddle?

I worked as an office manager at an elementary school for 4 years and let me tell you, I am NOT suprised that they could not get the mother. We had so many kids have to sit with me in the office after school, etc. because their parents could not be reached. They would give you a disconnected phone number, but did not want you to have the cell phone number because then they might actually have to do something. I had kids dropped off to school AFTER the last day of school b/c parents didn't pay attention to the school calender and THEN couldn't be reached.

But god forbid their little snowflake ever get looked at the wrong way...
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

The bottom line is this, if you can't discipline your children, don't be surprised when someone does it for you. If you can't handle them, simply use the multiple types of birth control that are available.

My mother works with special needs children, and let me tell you, the parents are unbelievably irresponsible. There is one boy in her class that is confined to a wheelchair. His family used his electric wheelchair to haul wood back and forth to the house, in the mud and ruined it. The poor child, who is 240 lbs, was forced to use an old, dilapidated manual wheelchair that was WAY too small for him. My mom had to push him down a hill, and actually had to be treated at the doctor's office for spraining her back, which she was not allowed to mention, because of the school's "policies." My mom's a paraprofessional, and has to do ALL the work in the classroom, including teaching, when as the teacher makes 5 times her salary, and sits on her ass and has 4 free periods out of 7 a day, has a master's degree, and has to ask my mom how to spell everyday words....fair, right? Anyway, back to the boy... he has to wear diapers, and the parents hardly EVER change him. Yes, they expect the TEACHERS to change this 13 year old. I just don't understand why people keep mass-producing, and aren't willing to take care of their children either physically, or emotionally. You're right, this child is heading down the path of sociopathy, as I have seen SO MANY times, before. This behavior is exacerbated by horrible parents who defend the child's horrible actions. Unfortunately, this is more common than you think.

The principal at my mom's school was attacked a couple of years ago at school with some scissors, and my mom had to knock the kid down on the ground to keep him from killing the principal. The student had a slap on the wrist, and as he had been a CHRONIC aggressor, they still allowed him to come back to school, because of the "no child left behind" laws. Special needs children that are truly 'special needs' are being crowded-out of their classrooms by these psycho/sociopaths. Whenever parents can't handle or discipline their children, they're put in the classroom with children with learning disabilities, severe mental retardation and other abnormalities. I, for one believe this law should be remanded. Children with TRUE problems are being made to suffer, as well as the teachers, because they have to babysit criminals.

I have PLENTY of horror stories like these that I hear from my mom. She's basically making $14k a year, being a parole officer/mother/caregiver. Yeah, the schools are failing in more regards than one. I can see why people don't want to be teachers, and why people are homeschooling their children. I wouldn't want to expose my children to HALF of what my mom says goes on at her school. This kid is just one of THOUSANDS of little monsters... If you're gonna be a teacher, get a gun, a billy-club and learn martial arts. Maybe then, you'll survive to retirement, though it's doubtful...

Ok, I'm off my soapbox....I'm just really passionate about this subject...
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 04-18-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Your poor mother! That had to be the worst work environment.

Some kids DO need to be "left behind" out in the desert.

I lent Mammy the paddle this week. My wrist's too sore.

What pisses me off to no end is the backlash and the adverse effects this kind of crap has on everyone. You're going to have new policies that tie parents hands and tie educator's hands. You'll have lawsuits next from traumatized "witnesses". It starts to feel like the only ones who aren't protected are those with common sense.

I spent two hours sitting in a dr's office with two toddlers the other day because another parent demanded my nephews be sent home from daycare because they were clearly ill. Do you know what "clearly ill" was? Mosquito bites. But I had to have a doctor prove it. If that's acceptable, I'd be making these parents prove that this child won't be danger to other teachers and students before letting her back into the school.
    Last edited by radiojane; 04-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

I also work in a school. You would not believe the people that you can't get a hold of, forget to pick their kids up... change their cell phone numbers almost monthly.

I read that article and I could have substituted a number of kids and parents in my own little world. Just think how many are in EACH school system. That is some scary crud.

I had the paddle all drawn back and ready to go, but a fleeting thought stopped me. That little girl's behavior was extreme for just a temper tantrum. Could she have been born addicted to drugs or have fetal alcohol syndrome? A lot of children born with those problems have severe behavior disturbances and very little self control. She seemed to go completely wild over nothing and be out of control. Of course, she could be just another spoiled brat who gets her way by having fits, but she may have some kind of problem medically that she has no control over. The mom is probably just glad to send her to school to get the kid out of her hair for a few hours and doesn't want to run the risk of the girl being thrown out of school and the mom actually having to deal with the girl herself.

Public school should not be free daycare for those who are so disabled they can't communicate or even know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    ... That little girl's behavior was extreme for just a temper tantrum. Could she have been born addicted to drugs or have fetal alcohol syndrome? A lot of children born with those problems have severe behavior disturbances and very little self control. She seemed to go completely wild over nothing and be out of control. Of course, she could be just another spoiled brat who gets her way by having fits, but she may have some kind of problem medically that she has no control over...
    this is what I was thinking. tearing things off walls, destroying property, and biting doorknobs is screaming mentally ill to me. as opposed to just spoiled brat.

If that's the case though, I doubt this is the first time she's displayed such behavior, and her parents should be getting a diagnosis, exploring options and keeping the school informed.

My kids go to a very strict school and they layed out the rules to us from day one of enrolling them (we opted to enroll them in this school even though it is not their school district). They tolerate absolutely nothing. Not even a hint of violence goes without reprimand. For instance, my daughter was called ugly by a boy a few months ago. Typical pre-teen stuff. My daughter retaliated by threatening to "beat the holy crap" out of the boy. She didn't touch him but still recieved a full day of in-school suspension for making the threat and that was just fine by me. A friend of my daughter actually did hit someone and her mother raised such holy-hell because the daughter lost recess privledges for a week and recieved a day of in-school suspension and 2 days of after-school detention. You know why Mom raised such hell? Because her 10 year old daughter is responsible for staying with her 4 year old sister until 10PM while Mom works out at the gym prepping for her amateur cage fights and if the daughter has after school detention then just who is going to care for the 4 year old. Parents like that make me believe in forced sterilization.
    "For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, and if it hurts, you know what? It was probably worth it." ~The Beach~

www.minlynn.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    If that's the case though, I doubt this is the first time she's displayed such behavior, and her parents should be getting a diagnosis, exploring options and keeping the school informed.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
    My kids go to a very strict school and they layed out the rules to us from day one of enrolling them (we opted to enroll them in this school even though it is not their school district). They tolerate absolutely nothing. Not even a hint of violence goes without reprimand. For instance, my daughter was called ugly by a boy a few months ago. Typical pre-teen stuff. My daughter retaliated by threatening to "beat the holy crap" out of the boy. She didn't touch him but still recieved a full day of in-school suspension for making the threat and that was just fine by me. A friend of my daughter actually did hit someone and her mother raised such holy-hell because the daughter lost recess privledges for a week and recieved a day of in-school suspension and 2 days of after-school detention. You know why Mom raised such hell? Because her 10 year old daughter is responsible for staying with her 4 year old sister until 10PM while Mom works out at the gym prepping for her amateur cage fights and if the daughter has after school detention then just who is going to care for the 4 year old. Parents like that make me believe in forced sterilization.
    A ten year old alone for six hours with a four year old. That's not going to end badly at all. Biology is failing. There should be a guage in the human body. If selfishness goes above a certain level, the reproductive system should shut down entirely.

I wouldn't even leave a ten year old without adult supervision, nevermind leaving a ten year old to babysit a four year old. There are a hundred horror stories waiting to happen in that situation.

This happened in my hometown (Milledgeville) at Creekside Elementary...about 3 miles from my house. Milledgeville is also where Ben Roethlisberger raped a teenager in a public restroom fascility and got a slight tap on the wrist (because of his name and money). Lots of strange things happen here in Milledgeville, which has the "largest" law-enforcement chain (per population) in Georgia. Milledgeville has 19,000 people and there is a full-blown Sheriff's Dept., Police Dept., GBI Dept., GC&SU Campus Police, GMC JC Campus Police and "unlimited" trooper activity here. The town is also a paranormal hot-bed and the final resting place of literary great Flannery O'Connor and was the home of the great Oliver Hardy. The meanest man in Georgia, Samual Walker, also resided here and that house is considered one of the most haunted in the community. But nothing compared to Central State Hospital...which once housed 15,000 patients and was the largest in the world.

Milledgeville...has 3 cemetaries (one called Cedar Lane) which houses over 30,000 dead insane. Some say more dead insane reside in Milledgeville than anywhere in the world. And now you have a kindergartner getting cuffed. Any feedback?
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9W4v7vNfFI&list=UU0Lga9ep13H65gs7nmwLdCQ

"Never go to bed with anger in your heart." ~ Seagorath

Something in the water?

I think you just pinned the nail...on the donkey...

Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    Something in the water?
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9W4v7vNfFI&list=UU0Lga9ep13H65gs7nmwLdCQ

"Never go to bed with anger in your heart." ~ Seagorath