Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean Martin

Then Dino married his 3rd wife, Catherine "Cathy" Hawn (born 1946) in 1973; she already had a daughter named Sasha, whom Dino then adopted. Some of the Dean Martin Roasts later would be listed in the end credits as "Sasha Productions." The couple divorced in 1976. A lot of this info came from the book: "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime (Especially Himself)" by Arthur Marx (son of Groucho Marx), 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Then Dino married his 3rd wife, Catherine "Cathy" Hawn (born 1946) in 1973; she already had a daughter named Sasha, whom Dino then adopted. Some of the Dean Martin Roasts later would be listed in the end credits as "Sasha Productions." The couple divorced in 1976. A lot of this info came from the book: "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime (Especially Himself)" by Arthur Marx (son of Groucho Marx), 1974.
    Okay Kathy Here is the assignment, find out if she is alive or dead?

I have looked for at least an hour!!

Good Hunting!

Dan

LOL I found more: i will see if she is dead
    Martin's personal life was not such a success. In 1949 he had divorced his first wife and married Jeanne Biegger, who also gave him four children, including the actors Ricci Martin, and Dean Paul Martin, known as Dino, who died tragically in a plane crash in 1987. Martin never really recovered from the loss of his son, and his own health soon began to fail. He divorced Jeanne and less than a month later married much younger Catherine Hawn, but the marriage lasted only three years, as he became convinced she was only after his money. Later, he and Jeanne became close again. She stayed by his side through his later years as he struggled with lung cancer and emphysema. He died on Christmas morning in 1995.

Christmas morning.... sob!

Thanks for all the Cathy Hawn digging, guys....dunno why I'm so curious. (But then, us hags don't need to explain our obsessions to other hags, do we...goes without saying)

I saw on every bio I found she does not have a death day. His daughter does. So she must be alive. He adopted catherines daughter named sasha, in 73. It shows her (daughter)in howard Stern's movie Private parts playing his daughter but no pic.

Can't be the same Sasha--too old for Private Parts, alas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Can't be the same Sasha--too old for Private Parts, alas.....
    Yes I realized when I read what you wrote. LOL

Remember the MS Telethon when Frank brought Dean on stage in front of Jerry, unannounced?

Ed had a great ad-lib.

As Dean and Frank are walking off the stage, Jerry says "I'd never work with that drunk, again."

And Ed replies "Then why are you working with this one."

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Remember the MS Telethon when Frank brought Dean on stage in front of Jerry, unannounced?

Ed had a great ad-lib.

As Dean and Frank are walking off the stage, Jerry says "I'd never work with that drunk, again."

Classic.
    That was great!

I found more. She was a Beauty Salon Receptionist. I found this article from Time/ Cnn
    The bridegroom's seven children and the bride's six-year-old daughter joined Best Man Frank Sinatra at the most lavish reception ever recalled by the staff of the Beverly Hills Hotel. The assistant chef had spent five days in the freezer molding the names of Newlyweds Dean Martin, 55, and Catherine Mae Hawn, 25, into a massive ice sculpture of hearts and cherubs. Under 15 hanging cages of cooing white doves, 85 guests enjoyed Dean's favorite beluga caviar ($190 a pound) and Dom Pérignon ($33 a bottle). The bride and groom stayed only an hour, then returned to the site of the wedding: Dean's Bel Air mansion, decorated to resemble a chapel, complete with dark oak pews borrowed from two movie studios.

I found more. She was a Beauty Salon Receptionist. I found this article from Time/ Cnn
    The bridegroom's seven children and the bride's six-year-old daughter joined Best Man Frank Sinatra at the most lavish reception ever recalled by the staff of the Beverly Hills Hotel. The assistant chef had spent five days in the freezer molding the names of Newlyweds Dean Martin, 55, and Catherine Mae Hawn, 25, into a massive ice sculpture of hearts and cherubs. Under 15 hanging cages of cooing white doves, 85 guests enjoyed Dean's favorite beluga caviar ($190 a pound) and Dom Pérignon ($33 a bottle). The bride and groom stayed only an hour, then returned to the site of the wedding: Dean's Bel Air mansion, decorated to resemble a chapel, complete with dark oak pews borrowed from two movie studios.
    Five days in the freezer, brrr! Wow, these folks were into the bling. What an embarrassment when it all falls apart. The kids must have been beside themselves (kind of like the McCartney children). Oh well, poor Dino, I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. Thanks Kathy!

Dean always looked as if the life had been sucked right out of him after his sons' death.......sad

What fresh hell is this ? ~ Dorothy Parker

]

RigorMortis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post

Ed had a great ad-lib.

Classic.
    From everything I've ever read or seen, Dean was not a really heavy drinker. Always had a strong iced tea in his on-the-rocks glasses on stage. He drank some but not a lush like he sometimes portrayed.

And FUCK Jerry Lewis. I hate that I have the same last name as him.

Yes, I have read a lot of that was an act. He really much preferd to be alone. I head he had apple juice and tea like you said.

Dino was awesome, I have a ton of respect and admiration for him. I felt soooo bad when his some was killed. It was like when his son died, so did he.

MORE: Dean and Catherine

I am buying these because I can't stand it .

I remember reading that Bonny Lee Bakley was after Dino at one time.

I am not surprised. She used to send naked pics of herself to stars hopping they would call her. That was Blake's first mistake.
    Last edited by Kathyf; 11-28-2007 at 02:04 AM.

She looks like a money grubbing bitch from that picture!!

A Heather Mills in training!!

He was one of the best singers in the world.

Ahhh, that's the Cathy I remember! She really had great soap-opera-villainess looks! That's why I wonder, whatever happened to her?

still looking

deana martin.com .....here q n a says she sees Sasha but not much as Sasha lives in CA

check out this, its hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMPJaVQUDA

his final appearance. showing his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMoHxze6tw&feature=related

It kind of fascinates me how in the early 1970s, a mature star like Dean Martin was the scandal sheet cover boy--compared with today's Britney, Paris, Brangelina,etc.
    And notice the other cover headline, about Bea Arthur of all people!

RigorMortis Guest
    The thing about Dean and the others of this era is, they were entertainers. They weren't just crooners or singers. They encompassed the whole wonder of entertaining.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DOING THIS SONG AT KARAOKE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWN_...eature=related

liked dino as matt helm secret agent man

I still remember when I heard about Dino Martin's death, because I had a crush on Dino when I was a kid. I was shocked when I heard he died in a plane crash.

Talk about a trip down memory lane...

RigorMortis Guest
    [quote=lois steeme;106281]I still remember when I heard about Dino Martin's death, because I had a crush on Dino when I was a kid. I was shocked when I heard he died in a plane crash.[quote]

Ummmmmmmmmm...Dean Sr. did not die in a plane. You were talking about his son, right?

I've read a lot about Dean, and most of the articles say that when he was on stage, he wasn't drinking alcohol... it was just part of his act. I'm sure he did his share of drinking in his day....and then some, especially after his son was killed. But the glass on stage was a prop.

I think he would have been so COOL to hang out with also!!!
    "What we have here.... is a failure to communicate."

Dean Martin

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    You gotta love Georde Gobel in that clip! Thanks

I read somewhere that he was really drinking apple juice, while everyone thought it was booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I read somewhere that he was really drinking apple juice, while everyone thought it was booze.
    He rarely drank onstage! Just part of the act! I think Frank Sinatra drank onstage though?

Dean was the coolest of the "Rat Pack."

[QUOTE=RigorMortis;106286][quote=lois steeme;106281]I still remember when I heard about Dino Martin's death, because I had a crush on Dino when I was a kid. I was shocked when I heard he died in a plane crash.

Ummmmmmmmmm...Dean Sr. did not die in a plane. You were talking about his son, right?

The son went by the name Dino (Jr.) for years....remember Dino, Desi and Billy? (see pic above). Then toward the end of his life he started calling himself Dean Paul Martin.

I just realized that I'll stay a Jr. Death Hag if I don't write... so instead of only reading, I'm gonna write at the end of things... just to get some cred. Dino died while Street Racing, if anyone is still interested... poor Dean never recovered from his grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    I just realized that I'll stay a Jr. Death Hag if I don't write... so instead of only reading, I'm gonna write at the end of things... just to get some cred. Dino died while Street Racing, if anyone is still interested... poor Dean never recovered from his grief.
    Which son? Didn't he die in a plane crash while on atcive duty??

I didn't know he had alot of kids until recently!

]Christmas Day is the thirteenth anniversary of the death of Dean Martin.
    It always makes Christmas a little sadder for me and probably for most of you.

He was a loving, caring, generous, generally good-hearted man & Beloved father.

So this Christmas, put on a Dean Martin Christmas CD, turn on the lights, and lift a glass to one of
    greatest entertainer the world has ever known !

HERE IS Dean with another legend, Frank Sinatra, in MARSHMELLOW WORLD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDojaTFEP9k&NR=1
    Last edited by coconn04; 12-19-2008 at 07:51 PM.

Years ago Dean accidently shot himself in the hand while he was married to Cathy Hawn. The rumor was he and Cathy had a argument and SHE was the one who shot him in the hand. It was never proven..... His daughter Deana commented on the incident.

Mort even handled the incident in which Dean accidentally shot himself in the hand while cleaning his gun - something that to his daughter Deana was very out of the ordinary for her Dad who was always so careful around firearms, making sure to never clean a loaded gun. Seeing a report of the shooting on television, Deana immediately called Mort who assured her that her father was fine, and had only suffered a minor flesh wound, he received stitches and was released from the hospital into Mort's care and he was recouperating at Mort's house

Dean is buried in Westwood Cemetery

Dino is buried in Los Angeles National Cemetery:

I would love to see what Sasha Martin and her mother looks like today. They seem to have just faded into the backround. Difficult to find anything out about them.
    Last edited by Nicki; 12-22-2008 at 11:24 PM.

One thing that very few people realize is that Dean Martin, back in his young days as Dino Crocetti, had a pretty substantial nose. He had it fixed when he headed towards a show business career.

Someplace, I think in an old bio by Groucho's son Arthur Marx, I saw a picture of the pre-nosejob Dean. I'll see if I can dig it up one of these days!

nose job

I could be getting my lore mixed up, but I believe the nose job was paid for by Lou Costello. Or it was an advance against future income. Costello helped Martin out in the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    One thing that very few people realize is that Dean Martin, back in his young days as Dino Crocetti, had a pretty substantial nose. He had it fixed when he headed towards a show business career.

Someplace, I think in an old bio by Groucho's son Arthur Marx, I saw a picture of the pre-nosejob Dean. I'll see if I can dig it up one of these days!

Dean was so handsome in the day. And to his credit was a pretty good
    family man...allot of books talk about him going home to be with Jeannie
    and the kids when the others were going out. I love the family movies
    of him with the kids. Jeannie was pretty good to his kids at first
    but eventually it became all about her kids. What stuck with me the most from Deana's book was when she went to be with her dad when Dino
    died and Jeannie turned her away.

I never understood why Dean and Jeannie divorced...they obviously
    loved each other very much for many years.

And Gina, I believe was married to Carl Wilson when he died.

Babes

He was hooked up with Phyllis Davis, who you need to seriously Google, for a bit in the 70's or 80's. Yowza.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Sorry Hidium but I remember clearly when Junior died because I had always thought he was very cute. and me a lesbian.
    I remember it took a couple of days to recover the body etc.
    Here is what they say in Wicki
    [edit] Decline

On March 21, 1987, Martin's son Dean Paul (formerly Dino of the 60s "teeny-bopper" rock group Dino, Desi & Billy) was killed when his jet fighter crashed while flying with the Air National Guard. A much-touted tour with Davis and Sinatra in 1988 sputtered. On one occasion, he infuriated Sinatra when he turned to him and muttered "Frank, what the hell are we doing up here?" Martin, who always responded best to a club audience, felt lost in the huge stadiums they were performing in (at Sinatra's insistence), and he was not the least bit interested in drinking until dawn after their performances. His final Vegas shows were at the Bally's Hotel in 1989. It was there he had his famous final reunion with Jerry Lewis on his 72nd birthday. His last television appearance was in 1990 on the Sammy Davis Jr 60th Anniversary Celebration special (also Sammy's last TV appearance.) By 1991, Martin had unofficially retired from performing.
    Regards,
    Mary

Dean Martin/Johnny Carson

Just a funny ass clip. Dean Martin may act like a drunk, but he is damn quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct8Hu...eature=related
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

EXCELLANT..........both masters, and I miss them both......I`ve heard that Dino wasn`t actually drinking, that it was all an act........I thnk I saw that on Biography.....great post

Dino was a class act, just too cool for school. I wish we had these types of entertainers today (maybe we do and I am just missing them).

Funny stuff. Love those types of clips.