Thread: Is the mobile site working today?

Is the mobile site working today?

I have tried to get on through my Iphone but I keep getting a blank white page. Is it working today?

Try hitting this link using your iphone and then let us know if it worked for you:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=5

La di da, la di da, la la.

Yay that worked! Thank you

You're welcome.

If you had the forum's mobile version bookmarked before, you may want to delete that one and make a new bookmark using that link as well.

Yep already did it!! Thanks again

Yea mobile site hasn't been working for me either.:S

Did you try hitting that link I posted a few posts up?

Yeah and it takes me to the desktop site. Covered it ads lol! I don't have PC internet anymore so.

So if you hit the link and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose mobile style from the options in the box it doesn't go to mobile style?

It worked! Thanks

I guess I have to go to the desktop site first and change to mobile style every time I want to come on here:s

What happens if you bookmark the mobile style while you're in it? Are you able to get back to it that way?
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.

It comes up as a blank page

Have you cleared your phone browser's cookies and cache and then tried hitting the link? I had to do that not too long ago to get the mobile style to stick. But I didn't figure everyone would. So maybe give that a try. Then bookmark the mobile style and see if it works for you like it did me.

Worked! thanks!

Yay!

Does this forum support Tapatalk or any other forum app for iPhones and Android?
    I'm not a death hag... I'm a death fag!

Look for an alternative to the mobile skin soon.

Yay!

Ive been going through fits missing my fad. Ive always accessed the forum from a phone but ran into trouble with my new one. Got it now thanks to to the above link. Im back in action! Thanks
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Deb , I still cant access the forum threw my Android. I hate all things apple so I dont have an iphone. Cleared the cokies the day I got the drioid and it didnt work, I only got a blank screen. I deleted the bookmark for the fad forum and rebookmarked it and nothing helps, still a blank screen. I can get to the main site , but even using the linkto the forum, the screen goes blank. So I live with it until I get home and log on using my pc

Hoping the new mobile skin helps

Anytime, McM

I think Nick's gonna have to help you at this point, F-27, because it looks like you've gone through all the steps and it's still not working for you for some reason. And it's working fine on my Android as we speak.

Does the link below pull up a blank page on your phone?

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/?styleid=7

Nick ill email it to myself and see if I can open it on my phone

Yes it works, but I've lost the graphics. For example, the most recent thread posted that usually shows in each sections header, with the most recent poster, It dosent show that. Also I can't access my own profile page. But the forum does come across on my phone using that url
    Last edited by Forever-27; 10-21-2012 at 08:49 PM.

The mobile skin I linked does have several differences when compared to the desktop version. The next time you're in the mobile skin on your phone, you can try using the following link to load the standard theme:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/?styleid=5

Jesus Nick, that link works PERFECT.

It comes across the same as the desktop version. Everything is there.
    T Mobile had said something in thr forum format changed and it wasnt my phone.
    Thanks for the help. I love this verson much better.

Nick, today I woke up, and while your link opened for forum, as soon as I clicked a section .... Everything else, again the screen went blank ? Is this normal ?

I finally got it to work! Yay!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

~Layne Staley

Won't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Nick, today I woke up, and while your link opened for forum, as soon as I clicked a section .... Everything else, again the screen went blank ? Is this normal ?
    Is this still happening or was it a one-time glitch?

Why can't I pull up this website on my Iphone?

I am having problems pulling up this website on my Iphone. Am I doing something wrong?

Try emailing this link to yourself and opening it on your phone.

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=5

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Yay it worked! Thanks!!

"Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Issue with forum layout

I changed my layout to "mobile" and now I cannot get back to the "normal" version of the forum. I get the following message when I click on the bottom link (Full Site):

"Wrong Page /forum/forum/?styleid=5
    www.findadeath.com"

I want to be able to see the forum with its normal layout!!! I can't even edit my profile anymore. HELP, MODERATORS!

Have you followed through this thread and tried the solutions therein? It looks like a bad link. Try the ones in this thread.

I overwrote the link in the mobile skin, so this problem should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I overwrote the link in the mobile skin, so this problem should be gone.
    Thank you, Nick. It worked. Will we ever get another dark skin? "Nightfall" used to be my default for the FAD forum. I really liked that one.
    Last edited by Schultz; 02-01-2013 at 04:03 AM.

This link works on my Android. Hooray! Mobile modding!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The mobile skin I linked does have several differences when compared to the desktop version. The next time you're in the mobile skin on your phone, you can try using the following link to load the standard theme:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/?styleid=5

Using the link above I was finally able to access the site on my smart phone but I noticed something sort of weird. All of the sections appear except for the "real life rears its ugly head" section. Is this on purpose or am I still doing something wrong? I've had my phone for a year now, but haven't gotten used to such a small screen! I may just be overlooking something...
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    Using the link above I was finally able to access the site on my smart phone but I noticed something sort of weird. All of the sections appear except for the "real life rears its ugly head" section. Is this on purpose or am I still doing something wrong? I've had my phone for a year now, but haven't gotten used to such a small screen! I may just be overlooking something...
    Did you log in?
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Aww, it's head's not ugly.

*Poor little RL section. There, there, it will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Did you log in?
    I think I was... I'll double check next time I try to look at something. I don't often go to the site on my phone because everything is just so small. LOL I got bored waiting for an appointment with my school adviser and thought I'd take a look and noticed it wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Aww, it's head's not ugly.

*Poor little RL section. There, there, it will be alright.
    LOL Sorry, didn't mean to offend the little RL, although sometimes it can get ugly... :-)
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

I tried again a few days ago. I guess I hadn't logged in on my phone. I made sure I did this last time and it was there. Thanks for your help!

I tried again a few days ago. I guess I hadn't logged in on my phone. I made sure I did this last time and it was there. Thanks for your help!
    You're welcome!
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16