Thread: Marlad Anderson

Marlad Anderson

Marland Anderson, AKA "The SledgeHammer" died 5 days after being tased by police.

Details seem a bit sketchy, I heard this on the radio this morning and then googled when I got home

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1429287.html

Big dude. Never saw any of his movies
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

I saw online that it took more than 8 men to restrain him. Apparently, he had depression, anxiety and mild schizophrenia. I really don't understand why the police try to stop someone from committing suicide. If they REALLY want to do it, they'll find a way, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I saw online that it took more than 8 men to restrain him. Apparently, he had depression, anxiety and mild schizophrenia. I really don't understand why the police try to stop someone from committing suicide. If they REALLY want to do it, they'll find a way, eventually.
    yes, he was HUGE and people on medications, or with mental illness can become superhuman in their strength.

On the radio this morning they said he was handcuffed to a gurney in the hospital and the gurney was locked into the floor. He broke the gurney, handcuffs and floor locks.

I agree with you though, its probably a miracle no one else was hurt
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung