Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37444546474855 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 3181

Thread: West Memphis Murders

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,252
    I think if Misskelley doesn't start getting the attention and money the other two are getting, he's going to start talking soon...

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by missygir810 View Post
    New update:

    LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Defense attorneys for the men accused of murdering three boys in West Memphis in 1993 say they have new evidence that will exonerate Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley.

    The three men were released from prison last August after a rare legal maneuver. The three used the Alford plea where they maintain their innocence, but plead guilty to the charges.
    According to the defense's press release, the new witnesses came forward after seeing a recording of the CBS News 48 Hours special on the West Memphis Three. Click the THVideo player to see more on the 48 Hours special.

    Today's THV spoke with the Prosecuting Attorney's Office and they are expecting the information to be delivered soon so they can review it. Second Judicial District Prosecuting Attorney Scott Ellington is in court today, so we're waiting to hear back from them about what the next steps will be.

    Stay with Today's THV and todaysthv.com for more on this developing story.
    Note: The press release below is from the WM3 defense team. The information in it obviously has not been confirmed by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office since they have not reviewed the evidence yet.Press release from Soury Communications, Inc., the New York firm working with their defense team:IT IS THE "HOBBS FAMILY SECRET" ACCORDING TO NEPHEW(Mountain Home, Arkansas - January 20, 2012) Terry Hobbs' nephew, Michael Hobbs Jr., allegedly told his friends "my uncle Terry murdered those three little boys," according to declarations under penalty of perjury recently given to Damien Echols' defense team. The three new witnesses were polygraphed about what they stated Michael Hobbs, Jr. told them."One day Michael picked us up in his truck. He was very quiet and upset. Michael then said to us, 'you are not going to believe what my dad told me today. My Uncle Terry murdered the three little boys.' According to Michael, his dad called this 'The Hobbs Family Secret' and he asked us to keep it a secret and not tell anyone."Another witness stated, "One night last winter, Michael and I were playing pool in his basement when the third friend asked about the West Memphis Three case which had been in the news. Michael responded by saying, 'My uncle killed three kids in West Memphis.' Michael was dead serious when he said this."The three little boys referenced in the declarations were found brutally murdered in West Memphis, Arkansas in 1993. DNA consistent with Terry Hobbs, stepfather of victim Stevie Branch, was later discovered in the knot of a shoelace used to restrain victim Michael Moore. Three eyewitnesses have also provided sworn statements that they saw Terry Hobbs with the three children on the day of the murders, immediately before they disappeared. Terry Hobbs has maintained that he never saw the three boys the day they were murdered.A third witness stated that he was at Michael Hobbs Jr's home in 2003 or 2004 when he was told by Hobbs Jr. that the two of them could not go down to the basement to play pool because Michael Hobbs Sr. was down there having a conversation with Hobbs Jr.'s uncle. The witness said that he " listened with Michael Jr. at the top of the stairs. I heard two men talking. One appeared to be very upset even crying and he said 'I am sorry, I regret it.' The other man was trying to console him and said, 'You are in the clear, no one thinks you are a suspect, those guys are already in prison.'"Echols' attorney, Stephen Braga of Ropes & Gray, said: "This is critical new information which reveals that the people closest to Terry Hobbs, his family members, may know much more about Terry's involvement in the West Memphis Three case than they have ever acknowledged. If this is the Hobbs Family Secret, then what a horrific cost that secrecy has imposed on the lives of so many people - perhaps most significantly Pam Hobbs who deserves to know what really happened to Stevie on the night of the murders, as do the Byers and Moore families. With the secret now out, let's hope that someone in the Hobbs family has the heart, the soul and the courage to come forward to tell the truth directly. In the meantime, I have given our investigative materials concerning these new witnesses - along with other related information - to District Attorney Scott Ellington for his review and action."The new witnesses came forward after seeing a recording of the CBS News 48 Hours special on the West Memphis 3 case. At the end of that broadcast, attorney Stephen Braga was asked what's next in the effort to gain exoneration for the three after their plea deal. He responded: "Hopefully, some day we will find that smoking gun, that key piece of inculpatory DNA or a deathbed confession or a witness will come forward and say, "You know, this is really what happened."Hearing those words moved the new witnesses to contact the West Memphis 3 Confidential Tip Line just a few weeks ago. The new witnesses were then interviewed by the Echols' defense team, signed declarations under penalty of perjury and passed polygraph examinations concerning what they say Michael Hobbs Jr. told them.The Confidential Tip Line number is (501) 256-1775.TIMELINE2003/2004 - Michael Hobbs, jr. and friend listen to two men talking in basement.
    Michael Hobbs and Terry Hobbs.
    2007/8 - Michael Hobbs tells two friends about Hobbs Family Secret.2007/2008 - Friend tells mother of revelations. Mother signs sworn statement to details.2009 - Two of three men who came forward were arrested. Michael Hobbs jr. provides evidence against them.2010 - Michael Hobbs jr. in his home with two other friends, tells them his uncle killed those boys in West Memphis 3 caseDecember 11, 2011 - Call to tip line about new evidence.December 16, 2011 - Three men come to D.C. to meet attorney Steve Braga and Lonie Soury. Sign affidavits and are polygraphedJanuary 19, 2012 - Materials sent to Craighead County Prosecutor Scott Ellington.


    http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...r-new-evidence
    This all sounds convincing and I have to admit when I seen PL1 I thought Terry acted very bored BUT
    not sure I believe it. The thing that nags at me is him saying that Terry was the one that killed those
    3 boys. Terry was Steve Branch's step-dad I wouldn't think he'd refer to them as those three boys. I really hope someday we know what happened.

  3. #2253
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    This all sounds convincing and I have to admit when I seen PL1 I thought Terry acted very bored BUT
    not sure I believe it. The thing that nags at me is him saying that Terry was the one that killed those
    3 boys. Terry was Steve Branch's step-dad I wouldn't think he'd refer to them as those three boys. I really hope someday we know what happened.
    The witnesses who said they seen TH with the kids did not come forward with this important information for 18 years. They seen a tip line on a billboard and got paid to make up a story to put TH in the frame.

    That hearsay about the Hobbs Family Secret is so ridiculous, it's actually laughable.

    All these new witnesses and the ones who are changing their stories have been bought off by Peter Jackson. Nobody cares about the victims anymore, just money and celebrity and that is a very very sad fact.
    To die will be an awfully big adventure."
    J.M. Barrie

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    So because a nephew says Terry told him he did it that's their new evidence???? more shambolic nonsense....

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    [QUOTE=Serph;1252160]The witnesses who said they seen TH with the kids did not come forward with this important information for 18 years. They seen a tip line on a billboard and got paid to make up a story to put TH in the frame.

    That hearsay about the Hobbs Family Secret is so ridiculous, it's actually laughable.

    All these new witnesses and the ones who are changing their stories have been bought off by Peter Jackson. Nobody cares about the victims anymore, just money and celebrity and that is a very very sad fact.[/QUOTE]

    Exactly! I think its best to look at the facts of this case and not the PL series. I wish there was more
    evidence buts theres not. Jos3ph did a fine job directing us to alot of the facts and yes I miss him
    too.

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    I miss Jos3ph too. He was a wealth of information on this case, and he explained things factually. He never made it seem like you had to believe what he was saying, just putting it out there for the person to decide. I know everyone has their own opinions, and thats great. This is a hard case, its not cut and dry. There were alot of mistakes made. But it is so sad that a bunch of rich celebrities can spend their money, like the 10 mil Peter Jackson has put up at least, and get these guys out after watching biased movies. This isn't some small case where no one died. 3 innocent little boys lost their lives. These boys DESERVE justice. I think people have forgotten about the real victims in all this.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Real Orange County
    Posts
    782
    Well, the producer/director of the PL docs certainly knows how to create a false documentary. He has experience. Anything familiar to you on this list. Think major documentary hoax Pt. 2. www.imdb.com/name/nm0075666/ It is in THIS film, that they actually discuss HOW TO MAKE A FAKE DOC. It was just on the other night, and I about fell on the floor when I heard that part of the film. I had no idea, at that point, that Joe Berlinger was involved with it.
    Either this wallpaper goes or I do. ~~Oscar Wilde's purported dying words

    I did not get my SpahettiOs. I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this. ~~ Grasso, Thomas J. - 1995 death row inmate on his last meal

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Real Orange County
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Serph View Post
    The witnesses who said they seen TH with the kids did not come forward with this important information for 18 years. They seen a tip line on a billboard and got paid to make up a story to put TH in the frame.

    That hearsay about the Hobbs Family Secret is so ridiculous, it's actually laughable.

    All these new witnesses and the ones who are changing their stories have been bought off by Peter Jackson. Nobody cares about the victims anymore, just money and celebrity and that is a very very sad fact.
    The first thing I thought of when I saw that was hearsay. You know, even if Hobbs IS involved, who's to say he didn't recruit a willing Damien. While we've never heard of a connection between the two, let me tell you: living in a small town, the criminals know one another. They both had very long rap sheets, despite Damien's young age. Furthermore, who better to get than some kid who's been mouthing off about his desire to kill for power. Ick.
    Either this wallpaper goes or I do. ~~Oscar Wilde's purported dying words

    I did not get my SpahettiOs. I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this. ~~ Grasso, Thomas J. - 1995 death row inmate on his last meal

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE MO
    Posts
    94
    DSCF0088.jpgDSCF0094.jpg

    Taken this evening (01/23/2012), left is the front and right is the back. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE MO
    Posts
    94
    Just to show that the pics are indeed recent, on FB look up Sheila Hicks D... M.... Click on her photos, go to the profile photos and you'll see a pic she posted on Jan. 1, 2012. Same wreath as above. I'm not linking her photo here, you can look it up yourself.
    Last edited by Dark Princess; 01-24-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    OMG, to add insult to injury, "Paradise Lost 3" JUST GOT AN OSCAR NOMINATION!!

    Oh, for f*ck's sake.

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Does anyone know what Blink's credentials are?

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    401142_294430583946680_100001392236290_906385_524945802_n.jpg

    This is the new tombstone. The old tombstone was temporarily returned to the grave, but it will be replaced with this one permanently.

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    OMG, to add insult to injury, "Paradise Lost 3" JUST GOT AN OSCAR NOMINATION!!

    Oh, for f*ck's sake.
    Too bad they don't have a "fiction" category for documentaries like that.

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    Why would they put the old one back at all? I heard she had the headstone changed like 4 years ago. Right after all this started with Terry Hobbs in 2007. Just really weird

  16. #2266
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE MO
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    401142_294430583946680_100001392236290_906385_524945802_n.jpg

    This is the new tombstone. The old tombstone was temporarily returned to the grave, but it will be replaced with this one permanently.
    I'll keep an eye out for the change, since I'm at that cemetery often visiting my dad's grave.

  17. #2267
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    Why would they put the old one back at all? I heard she had the headstone changed like 4 years ago. Right after all this started with Terry Hobbs in 2007. Just really weird
    Yes, the new headstone was placed a few years ago. The old one was put back out due to financial issues in paying for the new one. That has been resolved, so the new one will be back out soon.

  18. #2268
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Ok cool personally I think the new one is prettier anyway.

  19. #2269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SE MO
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    Yes, the new headstone was placed a few years ago. The old one was put back out due to financial issues in paying for the new one. That has been resolved, so the new one will be back out soon.
    So the "new" one was repossessed and they put back the old one? Usually the old one is destroyed after removal as no one wants an used headstone. Weird.

  20. #2270
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess View Post
    So the "new" one was repossessed and they put back the old one? Usually the old one is destroyed after removal as no one wants an used headstone. Weird.
    The conspiracy deepens! lol

  21. #2271
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    OMG, to add insult to injury, "Paradise Lost 3" JUST GOT AN OSCAR NOMINATION!!

    Oh, for f*ck's sake.
    Guess I won't be watching.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

  22. #2272
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    Hobbs' Daughter Reacts to Accusations in WM3 Case

    Updated: Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 9:17 PM CST
    Published : Tuesday, 24 Jan 2012, 9:17 PM CST


    West Memphis, Ark. - Amanda Hobbs was four years old when her older brother Steven Branch was brutally killed along with his classmates, Michael Moore and Christopher Byers.

    The conviction and release of the West Memphis Three has consumed her since.
    "My whole life has been based on this. I grew up to this. It's all I ever heard about my whole life."
    Hobbs says she believes Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jesse Misskelley are innocent.
    But, the latest twist in the saga leaves her with mixed feelings.

    "I will never say I believe my dad had done it. Because it's my dad. But why won't he do the DNA or whatever their asking for. i Don't know. I don't understand that."
    The West Memphis' Three's team of lawyers recently released new information that points to her father, Terry Hobbs.
    It includes depositions saying Terry Hobbs admitted to family members that he committed the murders and they are the Hobbs Family Secret.
    "It makes me ashamed to even say that's my family but I know my little cousin, Michael Hobbs, who said this, he says they made it up, but how do you say you made it up and pass polygraphs?"
    Hobbs says she wants the case to be re-opened, although she knows it could mean her father becomes a suspect.
    "I feel like I'm going to lose my dad because he won't defend himself. I feel like he's eventually going to go to prison and I hate that. I hate to feel that way. It's got me numb, I'm confused, I'm broken."

    When asked if she could be certain about her father's innocence, Amanda said, "No, I don't know. I don't want to feel that way."


    Amanda has had a hard life. Supporters have made it worse I think. She does drugs, and when Amy Berg came down to interview her, Amanda OD'd. I dont know the whole story, but Amanda's boyfriend, a guy name chris, is saying that Amy got Amanda the drugs, and helped her take them and was there when the OD happened. He is also saying Amy will be investigated for this. Amy and Lori Davis also supplied Amanda with a new car, and paid her money, which Amanda spent on drugs, and got Amanda to be hypnotized for the movie, West of Memphis, that is coming out. I think it is really sad if they used this girl to get information out of her. This girl was like 1 or 2 years old when the murders happened.

  23. #2273
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    Does anyone know what Blink's credentials are?
    She invented the George Foreman Grill.
    To die will be an awfully big adventure."
    J.M. Barrie

  24. #2274
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Serph View Post
    She invented the George Foreman Grill.
    Hmm, I heard that she invented the spare moment...but seriously I've been trying to find out whether she has any kind of law enforcement or forensic education. Does anyone have any links to anything like that?

  25. #2275
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    Amy Berg's documentry
    Lead [-]

    Posts: 949
    01/19/12 08:53:27
    216.130.116.130
    Administrator
    Tags [Edit]: None
    I am posting this because people should know what the hell is going on.

    Chris Hutchings lived with Amanda for awhile this is his account of what went down while filming "West Memphis" this was also verified by Terry.

    You can kiss my ass what Terry did or didn't do has nothing to do with Mandy. When she was here I KEPT HER OFF DRUGS! Amy Berg and her stupid documentary film crew picked her up and wanted to film her doing drugs....That's why Amy is facing charges look it up....And yeah it was me that turned her in to I don't mind tellin ya!

    You will not find the article, but I have it..
    When someone is murdered there is more than one victim. Families, friends, and even the community the person lived in are forever haunted by the event.
    In 1993, three 8-year old boys were murdered in West Memphis, Arkansas and the area has never been the same. Residents living in the region will sometimes say there is a dark cloud that still looms, refusing to dissipate. Perhaps the reason is because justice has never truly been served. Though three men – Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley – were convicted of the murders in 1994, recent DNA results and other evidence suggest someone else was responsible for the crimes. This information has earned the men an evidentiary hearing that is scheduled to be heard at the end of this year in December.
    Over the years, much attention has been brought to this case in the form of documentaries, news articles, fundraising benefits, and books. A number of documentary films are in production at this time as well. One such film is directed by a filmmaker, Amy Berg, who is known for her critically acclaimed production Deliver us from Evil. Berg has been working on a documentary covering the murders and subsequent convictions of three teenagers in West Memphis for almost a year.
    Berg’s recent focus has been members of the Hobbs family who were related to one of the victims, Stevie Branch. Amanda Hobbs was four years old when her brother was murdered, hog-tied, and left nude in a ditch inside what was known to the locals as Robin Hood Hills woods. Her father, Terry Hobbs, was Stevie’s stepfather. Hobbs came under media scrutiny in 2007 when DNA results showed that a hair found in the ligature of one of the victims, Michael Moore, was consistent with his own. Hobbs has maintained that he did not see Stevie the day he was murdered.
    Berg’s documentary is an example of the moral and ethical lines that filmmakers must consider when completing their projects. Though she has expressed to various family members of the victims, such as Pam Hobbs, that her intention is to facilitate justice for the boys who were murdered, the men incarcerated, and the families who are seeking answers, Berg’s recent actions suggest a more sinister motive at play. An example of this is when Sheila Hicks Muse, Stevie’s aunt, informed various individuals that she had acquired provocative photographs of Amanda Hobbs as a teenager with what appeared to be Terry Hobbs. She said she was uncertain as to whether it was Terry Hobbs and was advised that she should have to photos developed independently to confirm her suspicions. She claimed that she would turn the photos over to the Echols defense due to their content if Hobbs was in the pictures.
    The photos were not developed independently or turned over to the defense, however. Muse contacted Berg and the filmmaker stated that she would be interested in purchasing the photographs. Muse then had photographs developed at a local Wal-Mart and claims the pictures did not contain the images she thought they did. The sale did take place but there is no way to confirm the content of the pictures. Pam Hobbs was outraged to learn of the impending sale on March 29 when she was informed that her sister was considering selling the photographs.

    I am telling this story because I am the person who told Pam that Sheila had something to sell to Amy Berg. This is not the first time it has come to my attention that Berg has intended to do something, or has actually done something, to exploit Amanda Hobbs. The reason I am stating this publicly is because Sheila Muse made a statement on the Wm3 Blackboard that she will no longer be seeking justice for the case or for Stevie because of what I did. I responded to her statement on the forum where she wrote this, but it was removed. I made the right decision and if I was faced with it again I would make the same choice. Sheila told several people that she had negatives of photographs that contained provocative images of her niece. She was given advice by at least two people about what she should do with them. The last person who should have been informed of this was Amy Berg. It is never acceptable to exploit a child and I will never stand by and allow it to happen. This is my side.

    If you notice in this video you will see the IV taped in her hand from being in ICU from an overdose. Amamda was dropped off at my house after Amy let her overdose for her stupid film. Me and others put a stop to it and like I said Amy knows where to find me.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch...

    Please pray for Mandy and Amy I know you are reading this you know where I live. You basically put a needle in her arm and I ain't gonna let it go so come on by bring channel 8 and let me tell them how low you sunk! I ain't scared of NOBODY I ain't the pope and I've never slapped a woman, but I would be tempted after what you pulled..



    So this is what Chris, Amanda's boyfriend had to say about what happened with Amanda and Amy Berg, who did West Of Memphis documentary. I just wanted to post it here to go on with what I posted earlier about this. I just think this is disgusting. How could a director of a movie do this to a young girl?

  26. #2276
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Look it up where? The only thing I can find about Amy Berg being charged with anything leads back to this.

  27. #2277
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    Or is he talking about Amanda's arrest last November?

  28. #2278
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    I dont know..i tried looking up anything regarding Amy Berg being charged, and I couldnt find anything either. So maybe he means about Amanda being charged.

  29. #2279
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,252
    They are trying to divert attention away from the WM3 - which is why Berg did that. I think they know they are guilty but had to sensationlize this crap with a white trash drug user to make it look like someone else did it. How else would they sell tickets and get Oscar nominations?

    It'll all come out in the wash, eventually.

  30. #2280
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    If they wanted to divert attention from the wm3, they wouldn't have made a movie about them. Peter Jackson doesn't need any help selling tickets or getting Oscar nominations.

  31. #2281
    PJ believes the WM3 are innocent solely based on the 2 PL films. He spent 10 million dollars of his own money trying to free them and didn't come up with one scrap of evidence. He has now financed a propaganda mockumentary full of witnesses from the 2 PL films who have been paid to side with the WM3. So it's actually trying to draw attention to the WM3 but with the same old lies (12 hour confession, satanic ritual, 72 IQ etc.) but blame Terry Hobbs for the murders, a man who hasn't got the money or celebrity friends to defend himself.
    To die will be an awfully big adventure."
    J.M. Barrie

  32. #2282
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    Colin Firth has signed on to star as Ron Lax, the private investigator whose detective work helped get three men who had been convicted of murder released from prison in Arkansas, the producers of the "Devil's Knot" told TheWrap Wednesday.

    Another movie?? That makes 5 so far!

    http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2012/...t-wm3.htmlThat
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  33. #2283
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    215
    i poked around google for a bit and found out that Blink's real name is Shannon M Stoy and she lives in New Jersey. I couldn't find any information on her credentials.

  34. #2284
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,079
    I don't know anything about Blink personally, but she did a good job of reporting about HaLeigh Cummings and I read there a lot. The site is interesting.

  35. #2285
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,087
    Blink is a blogger, so I don't know that her "Credentials" really matter to me. It isn't as if she's a detective or a lawer. She just "calls 'em as she sees 'em" and usually makes a good point.
    Who loves not a false imagining, an unreal character in us; but looking through all the rubbish of our imperfections, loves in us the divine ideal of our natures - not the man that we are, but the angel that we may be. ~Tennyson
    "

  36. #2286
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    215
    i was just wondering if she had any training in forensics or anything versus some chick who just posts her opinions on a blog

  37. #2287
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    David Burnett breaks his silence -

    http://www.kait8.com/story/16899402/...breaks-silence
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  38. #2288
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    6,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    If they wanted to divert attention from the wm3, they wouldn't have made a movie about them. Peter Jackson doesn't need any help selling tickets or getting Oscar nominations.
    bingo! this is probably the last thing Jackson wanted to be involved with.


  39. #2289
    Quote Originally Posted by Lout_Rampage View Post
    If they wanted to divert attention from the wm3, they wouldn't have made a movie about them. Peter Jackson doesn't need any help selling tickets or getting Oscar nominations.
    Why would they want to divert attention away from themselves? The whole WM3 saga is about directing attention to Damien, Jason and to a lesser degree Jessie. They need the attention because they want to overturn their convictions as child killers. They need the publicity, they need donations and they need to get sympathy from the ignorant masses. But they pled guilty in a court of law and have no chance of overturning their convictions.
    To die will be an awfully big adventure."
    J.M. Barrie

  40. #2290
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862








    JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - In 1993, Judge David Burnett oversaw the trials of Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jesse Misskelley, the so-called "West Memphis Three." He even postponed a run for state senate to preside over their numerous appeals. For years Burnett refused to comment on the case until now. In an exclusive interview with Region 8 News, State Senator Burnett reveals what he actually thinks about the defendants, the case and the outcome.
    In 1993, Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore were found murdered near their West Memphis homes. Three teenagers Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jesse Misskelley were arrested for the crime. All three were found guilty of murder. Baldwin and Misskelley received life in prison. Echols was sentenced to death.
    For 18-years the so-called "West Memphis Three" appealed their case. For 18-years, Judge David Burnett denied those appeals and he refused to speak about the case or the men outside of the courtroom. That is until now.
    Last August, after weeks of negotiations with prosecutors, Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley were released from prison without a retrial. Now a State Senator, Burnett says that was a mistake.
    "I'm not real happy with the outcome. I would have preferred to see them have a new trial," said Burnett.
    As for the prosecutors and judges who released them, Burnett says, "They did their job. And I did mine as I saw it."
    While he doesn't criticize the decision, Burnett does defend his actions through the years. And, he says, he has the state's highest court on his side:
    "Frankly, everything I did was affirmed by the Arkansas Supreme Court."
    But that wasn't good enough for supporters of the West Memphis Three, who fought to see the men go free. Some traveled from as far away as Australia to attend their hearings. To those who say he should have granted a new trial, Burnett says..."Well, that was my opinion. They didn't need one. But, I wouldn't have objected if they'd gotten one. That was my decision at the time."
    On August 19, 2011, the West Memphis Three appeared in a Jonesboro courtroom. Their supporters, including singers Natalie Mains and Eddie Vedder, were in the courtroom when the decision to release them was handed down. Outside on the streets, the three men were greeted with cheers.
    Since then, the West Memphis Three have been treated like veritable rock stars. While Misskelley has kept a relatively low profile at his family's home in Crittenden County, Baldwin and Echols have been spotted alongside celebrities at the premiere of a new documentary examining their case. There's even talk of Johnny Depp producing yet another movie about the West Memphis Three. For Burnett, it's a bit much.
    "The way it's ended, it's now a Hollywood comedy in my opinion and I don't like that," said Burnett.
    In our exclusive interview, Senator Burnett said he has not had anything to do with the case in two years. He said, "I felt like I did what I was called upon to do at the time, 18 years ago."

    http://www.kait8.com/story/16902514/...after-18-years
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  41. #2291
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    P.S. I didn't know the image would be so BIG! Sorry.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  42. #2292
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,079
    Ewww, he reminds me of Drew Peterson.

  43. #2293
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Garland, Texas
    Posts
    868
    As far as I can tell, it's just a chick writing a blog. I haven't found any evidence to the contrary.

  44. #2294
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    215
    SO glad the 3rd "documentary" did not win the academy award!!!

  45. #2295
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    To Luckyinlove:

    Oh, you and me both!! And when they read off the nominees, it sounded like there were only four? I'm probably wrong, there must have been five. But if there WERE four, that means that PL3 had an even greater chance of winning.

    That film is an embarrassing piece of crap which should never have been nominated in the first place. Hell, it should never have AIRED.

  46. #2296
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,420
    I didn't see Paradise Lost 3, so I don't know whether it was Oscar-worthy or not. But I'd never go so far as to say something shouldn't be aired because I don't agree with it. Dangerous stuff there.

    I'm not a fan of Michael Moore's politics, but if he makes a good documentary that's Oscar-worthy, I'm not going to say it shouldn't be considered just because I don't agree with it. That would be ludicrous.

    Also, I'm not sure what value Amanda's opinion has on this either way. She was a toddler when this happened. If she's seen the evidence against her father, then good on her for questioning him. She isn't taking the easy road, but I think her doubts are well founded. What a damned-if-you-do position she's in. Also, I think her dad's a triple murderer, so there's that.

    Seems like a lot of folks who say the WM3 are guilty are putting their hands over their ears and singing, hearing what they want and shutting out the rest. Whatever does it for you, I guess.

    I think they're innocent and I'm glad they're out. Flame on.

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  47. #2297
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    215
    There were 5 nominees for best documentary this year. i have no problem with this movie being made, people seeing it etc. I do take issue with it being called a documentary.

    i'm not interested in flaming anyone, i just think they're guilty. i'm also a little creeped that i now share a city with jason baldwin. i guess since i'm not a elementary aged boy i should be safe though, right?

  48. #2298
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,252
    I cheered when "Undefeated" won - and was REALLY happy Paradise 3 lost! LOL

  49. #2299
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,862
    .
    Last edited by DonnaMc; 03-08-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: temporary insanity!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

  50. #2300
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,108
    I agree with you and so do a lot of cops In know. They too do doubt that the 3 boys did this.If in fact this guy refuses to do a DNA test he may as well admit guilt. If he had nothing to hide there would be no problem but he refuses a test and one hair of his was already found at the crime scene. I was at a bBq in Ark. this summer at my sisters. This trial came up and I was stunned by the people there that absolutely believe these kids were railrpaded by cops and the DA because they needed nto get GP off their backs. Some were suggesting that the sister was sexually abused by this man . I have not seen the movies or any of the movies but I have followed this case and I believe there is more to this story and conviction too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •