Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13202122232431 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 3060

Thread: West Memphis Murders

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess View Post
    Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Now every prisoner will think that if they can get a hollywood star behind them, then they can eventually get out.
    Maybe the WM3 can start a childcare service?

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Now every prisoner will think that if they can get a hollywood star behind them, then they can eventually get out.
    I really doubt it's that simple, lol

It's sickening that the three murdered boys didn't have Hollywood connections. I just wonder which of the three will re-offend first?

I am sick to death over this. Come on... Damien hs been saying for 17 years he is innocent and he is gonna now admit guilt, how can anyone see that as him just wanting to get out of prison. HE DID THIS. and now, he can say, yep I did it, and i get to get out of jail now such bullshit.

Always thought they were innocent and can't believe they would admit guilt to get free. Personally I'd rather stay inside and keep admitting my innocence.

Is there any precedent for an inmate, a convicted murderer on death row, admitting guilt and being released?

I bet Damien's cornball wife is beside herself. I am sure that she never expected to actually live with him, just enjoy the attention and donations that being his wife brought. That should be interesting.

DNA does not lie. They have been stating they have DNA to prove their innocence. If they truly have the DNA evidence to prove their innocence, then why plead guilty to a lesser charge and carry that on your record for life? That is what is not setting right with me.

If they are truly innocent, then so be it, but I feel they should be required to prove it with this alleged DNA they have. They would be set free, with no record, and millions in their pockets when a judge found they were illegally incarcerated....

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Semper ubi sub ubi - Always where under where.
    Lol...love that!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Quote Originally Posted by joS3ph View Post
    Maybe the WM3 can start a childcare service?

Yes, wouldn't that be appropos for these "kind, caring" young gentlemen??? I'm sure parents would have to be on a
    waiting list for their "services".

Bambi Bembenek finally plead no contest, just to get out of jail, and I believe she was 110% innocent. I'm not sure how I feel about the WM3 pleading, but if they ARE innocent, who can blame them if they can get out?
    Rest in Peace, Michael.

I'm shocked. Not that they would admit guilt, but that they would be released from jail for admitting guilt. I really know nothing about the legal system though.
    This just doesn't sound plausible. I don't think it will play out this way. ( wait and see)

If this does happen as Branch says it will, I am very interested to hear what all those celebrities who stood behind the WM3 will have to say.
    Last edited by stay_zee; 08-18-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    I'll get you my pretty..... and your little dog too!

If anyone has a Twitter then the local news channel of Arkansas which will be following this whole thing in the morning is @Fox16News of Central Arkansas.

It is all quite interesting because it is like this whole thing came right out of the blue.

Maybe Johnny Depp will open his home to him, and have Echols watch his kids....

[SIZE=2]The WM3.org website and blog states there are a lot of false reports regarding tomorrow's trial.

From the blog:

Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, Jr. have been taken from their cells in the Arkansas Department of Correction and are being transported to Jonesboro, for tomorrow’s hearing. An official of the ADC reported that they left with all their belongings, which is unusual and suggests that they are not expected back. This is the first time all three have left prison together.

I am in Jonesboro now and rumors are flying. It appears that an agreement has been reached between prosecutors and defense attorneys. However, I believe some media reports that have already been released are inaccurate.

Negotiations have been complex. An agreement, if one is approved in court tomorrow, will likely be complex too. Please remember how wild speculation distorted the start of this case. If a possible end is in sight, I hope that the next several sensitive hours will not also be marred?nor jeopardized?by a frenzy of speculation and rumors.

http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2011/...ed-back-1.html
    [/SIZE]

Exactly

It's sickening that the three murdered boys didn't have Hollywood connections. I just wonder which of the three will re-offend first?
    All three had mile long rap sheets before the murders. They will probably pick up right where they left off.

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    I bet Damien's cornball wife is beside herself. I am sure that she never expected to actually live with him, just enjoy the attention and donations that being his wife brought. That should be interesting.
    LOL I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Maybe Johnny Depp will open his home to him, and have Echols watch his kids....
    Maybe he'll give him a job! As his personal assistant.

I am hoping Mr Branch misunderstood. Facebook is blowing up with the news. If this is true & they get out, it's gonna be chaos. These kids murdered three babies & now they get to admit their guilt & let people believe they are lying about it.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    [SIZE=2]The WM3.org website and blog states there are a lot of false reports regarding tomorrow's trial.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]From the blog:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, Jr. have been taken from their cells in the Arkansas Department of Correction and are being transported to Jonesboro, for tomorrow’s hearing. An official of the ADC reported that they left with all their belongings, which is unusual and suggests that they are not expected back. This is the first time all three have left prison together.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I am in Jonesboro now and rumors are flying. It appears that an agreement has been reached between prosecutors and defense attorneys. However, I believe some media reports that have already been released are inaccurate.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Negotiations have been complex. An agreement, if one is approved in court tomorrow, will likely be complex too. Please remember how wild speculation distorted the start of this case. If a possible end is in sight, I hope that the next several sensitive hours will not also be marred?nor jeopardized?by a frenzy of speculation and rumors.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]http://wm3org.typepad.com/blog/2011/...ed-back-1.html[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    My thoughts exactly...we just have to wait. I can understand that whatever the outcome...people are going to be upset. I just hope that people will be civil. IMHO!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

I was going back and looking at some of Joseph's posts in this thread. He had several posts regarding the mentions of Echols being in the occult. I know many people have brought that up and talked about it saying it was a label people put on the kids to get a guilty verdict.

Joseph points out that Echols himself is who stated he was involved in the occult in an investigation regarding his father when he pulled a knife on him.

Now, check this out.

This is a link to Echols' Amazon 'wish list'. A list of books he selected for people to purchase and have mailed to him in prison. Take a second to look at some of the titles...

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishl...ng=UTF8&page=2

One father is not happy at all about this:

A special hearing is called for the high profile West Memphis Three case. The three defendants could be released from prison as early as Friday.

One of the victims' relatives told the Associated Press attorneys are working on a no-contest plea and a source familiar with the case told the AP the agreement would involve a legal maneuver allowing the three to maintain their innocence while acknowledging prosecutors have enough evidence to win a conviction.

Judge David Laser called the three defendants, their families, and victim's families to be there tomorrow at 10 am.

"This has been one long nightmare…especially at night, I can't sleep I have nightmares," said Steven Branch's father, Steven.

Steven Branch, Christopher Byers, and Michael Moore were found dead, hog tied, and naked in a West Memphis ditch a day after they vanished. In, 1994 Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley were found guilty. Now, with new DNA evidence Judge Laser called special hearing.

Branch said, "What they (attorneys) are going to do, I think is wrong."

"I have some very good sources that the announcement tomorrow will be huge, that being said I'm not going to speculate on what it's going to be," said Little Rock attorney, Tre Kitchens. He said justice will prevail.

Kitchens said, "The people of Arkansas have been well represented, they should take a tremendous amount of pride that so many people have worked to find due justice in this case."

If any of the men do get out, Branch has a message for them.

"They need to be begging to let them stay in there ‘cause they don't want to come out here, I don't think," said Branch. He continued, "If they get released…I'm sure there will be one question in Echols mind…and I've got the answer to his question, there is no place."

Not all of the victims' parents feel the same way Branch does.

Pamela Hobbs is the mother of victim, Steve Branch. She has supported the men being freed in the past and told Channel 7 she is happy with what will likely happen tomorrow.

Also the father of victim, Christopher Byers, John, has been very outspoken over the years supporting the West Memphis 3's release.

http://www.katv.com/story/15294787/w...pecial-hearing

I was going back and looking at some of Joseph's posts in this thread. He had several posts regarding the mentions of Echols being in the occult. I know many people have brought that up and talked about it saying it was a label people put on the kids to get a guilty verdict.

Joseph points out that Echols himself is who stated he was involved in the occult in an investigation regarding his father when he pulled a knife on him.

Now, check this out.

This is a link to Echols' Amazon 'wish list'. A list of books he selected for people to purchase and have mailed to him in prison. Take a second to look at some of the titles...

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishl...ng=UTF8&page=2
    I most definitely AM NOT and Echols fan. I think he should rot where he is, but Brian Lumley is a good horror fiction author. Picks up where Lovercraft left off.

Michelle A. Belanger is a nutcase. Advocate of vampirism? Really? And BDSM? I think Echols wife is in for more than she bargained for if he actually gets out.

Simon R. Green = hack. Did screen play of Costner's Robinhood movie.

Yep if this is really his amazon wishlist, I'd say Echols has some series Fetish issues.

If they admit guilt why the hell would they be let go especially if one of them is on death row? That does not make sense at all, I still do not believe for one moment that they did it. Hell I would admit guilt as well if it got me out of prison and off death row.
    Member of the Shermer High Breakfast Club.

What?? I mean I hear what they're saying but I don't fucking understand it?? How do you admit guilt and then be released??? If this is true, Casey Anthony will be over the moon because it will draw the attention off her dumb ass!

Oh don't get mad now

It's all good man , you just dont know what your saying half the time , that Callahan website is garbage and now you know the truth so live with it. Peace to you Joseph

i can't sleep, been up since 3 am~ my heart stands behind michael, stevie & chris, along w/ the moore & hobbs family on this day~ god bless you're all in my prayers~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 08-19-2011 at 03:16 AM.

IF they are all freed today, I bet they become instant celebs - they'll be all over the talk show circuit, making some good money.

I wonder if Echols will appear on the next Pearl Jam album?

This was the article on CNN.com this morning: http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/19/...ngs/index.html

My question is this....IF they are miraculously found "not guilty" and freed....what about Jesse Misskelley's numerous confessions? Especially the one where his lawyer finally told him to "zip it"? Would his confessions be a boldfaced lie?
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss28/BlingPrincessRia/UnhappyMeal_zpsb1156d82.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    IF they are all freed today, I bet they become instant celebs - they'll be all over the talk show circuit, making some good money.

I wonder if Echols will appear on the next Pearl Jam album?
    Maybe Johnny Depp can move the trio into his home??? I live about 10 miles from where the deceased children were found and I am just sickened by the rumors.

It is hoped a stipulation will prevent any compensatory gain by the WM3 for either their crimes or their time in jail. My heart really goes out to the three children who were murdered. Like most, I don't know what happens when we die, but if there really IS a hell, I know Damien, Jason, and Jessie will be right where they need to be when their time comes...

Bless you Stevie Branch, Michael Moore, and Chris Byers. We will never forget.
    Last edited by joS3ph; 08-19-2011 at 05:44 AM.

disgusting way of stopping this case...so they admit guilt and get off??? no one else can ever be tried for the crime (although i think they have the right people).what happened to the re trials...surely that should happen first...dunno something isnt right !!

Gross. Death row inmates have Amazon wishlists.

Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    disgusting way of stopping this case...so they admit guilt and get off??? no one else can ever be tried for the crime (although i think they have the right people).what happened to the re trials...surely that should happen first...dunno something isnt right !!
    Exactly

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

"They need to be begging to let them stay in there ‘cause they don't want to come out here, I don't think," said Branch. He continued, "If they get released…I'm sure there will be one question in Echols mind…and I've got the answer to his question, there is no place."
    Retribution? If any of them are released, they had better pack their belongings and disappear. It's always possible that someone may be wanting to make a name for themselves.

I have just a few thoughts on all of this including the latest developments. Most of you know, but I'll say it again - I am on the fence with this case.

1. I completely understand why Jesse Misskelley is in prison. He belongs there. My reasoning is only due to his 2nd/3rd confession (to the officers after his conviction and to the attorneys after getting to the prison). That (those) confession seems to me to be the most plausible one(s). However...

2. I am not convinced Echols and Baldwyn should be there. Any "evidence" they had, I feel, could be easily explained away, as I've stated on this thread numerous times. The only think that convinced that jury to convict is the illegal confession brought into the jury room. And with that, they only thing that convicted them is MissKelley saying it was them. With that being said, I feel E and B deserve a new trial.

3. Please don't get me wrong, I think more than likely the jury screwed up and got it right. BUT, they didn't get it right by the letter of the law. The conviction was obtained illegally. And I believe this is what has caused the whole celebrities getting involved, supporter sites, etc. If they had had a fair trial and been convicted, there would be far less "crying wolf". After all, the foreman who brought in the confession said himself that the prosecution didn't have enough evidence to convict, that's why he brought it in to start with.

3. Many people have asked me, wouldn't you rather have 10 guilty men found not guilty than 1 innocent man be sent to prison? My answer is a resounding "NO!". A person found guilty in this country has from 2 to unlimited appeals. A person found not guilty can never be tried for the same crime again. But all of these people MUST have a fair trial. It's the law. Baldwyn and Echols did NOT have that. Maybe they are where they should be, I don't know. But a new FAIR trial should be able to tell us that.

4. All that being said, if they are sprung from jail today for whatever reason, I don't feel that's right, just or fair, either. Nothing bring possible justice to Moore, Branch and Byers except a fair trial for Baldwyn and Echols.

5. BTW, If everyone looked to MissKelley's confession as the be-all-end-all, how did Echols get death and Baldwyn get life? Yes, Echols lured the boys over and yes, he struck the first blow, but it was Baldwyn that pulled out the deadly weapon. Up until that point, the boys had a fighting chance and the situation could be rectified. Shouldn't Baldwyn be the one sitting on death row, if the confession can be believed?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

I dont have the time to read this whole thread right now so im just gotta ask the poeple that think the three are guilty. How did the stepfathers and his friends dna get to the murder scene? A hair IN the ligature.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I dont have the time to read this whole thread right now so im just gotta ask the poeple that think the three are guilty. How did the stepfathers and his friends dna get to the murder scene? A hair IN the ligature.

It got there the same way the fibers from Echols t-shirt and Baldwins camode cover got there, they were involved, IMHO.

I've always believed that at least two of the three kids did it, and at least the step father was involved.

It is my understanding that all of the shoelaces were removed from the shoes at the same time. Jessie Misskelley confessed he removed the shoelaces from the victim's shoes. Whatever the case, that would mean that the laces were then used indiscriminately to tie up the boys, so the shoelace that contained the hair could have easily come from Steve Branch, and is easily explainable. These kids played together and in each others houses, so a hair from Hobbs being on any of them really shouldn't provoke any suspicion (or be a surprise).

Further, we don't know that the hair was actually "tied" in the knot of the laces used to restrain Michael. That is a characterization made by defense investigator Ron Lax. The lab reports regarding the laces and the hair do not support that depiction.

If the lace belonged to Steve, then the hair could have been on the lace prior to it being used to tie Michael and, therefore, Terry would not have had to be present when the lace was tied.

Question for supporters and Arkansas residents-Why would the State of Arkansas even consider a plea deal to lesser charges in a 3 victim capital murder case? Why don't they want to go ahead with a new trial if the judge were to grant one?
    What do they have to hide? Do you still stand behind your elected officials when they let murderers with life, life plus 40 and a death sentence out of prison?

Eddie Vedder is in Jonesboro for the case today.

Judge just tossed everyone wearing shorts and tank tops from the court room.

SRV - Where are you getting this? Are you watching a live stream? If so, hook a sister up with a link, please!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

WOW-JMB just told it like it is, way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by sheboss View Post
    srv - where are you getting this? Are you watching a live stream? If so, hook a sister up with a link, please! :d
    for real!!!

Honestly, I am from Arkansas and work in the media...Joseph is the only person up till this time that I shared this information with...

Terry Hobbs is working on a book to tell his side of the story...

John Mark Byers just went off in an on camera interview. I'll throw a link up as soon as it is available.

It got there the same way the fibers from Echols t-shirt and Baldwins camode cover got there, they were involved, IMHO.

I've always believed that at least two of the three kids did it, and at least the step father was involved.
    It is my understanding that all of the shoelaces were removed from the shoes at the same time. Jessie Misskelley confessed he removed the shoelaces from the victim's shoes. Whatever the case, that would mean that the laces were then used indiscriminately to tie up the boys, so the shoelace that contained the hair could have easily come from Steve Branch, and is easily explainable. These kids played together and in each others houses, so a hair from Hobbs being on any of them really shouldn't provoke any suspicion (or be a surprise).

Further, we don't know that the hair was actually "tied" in the knot of the laces used to restrain Michael. That is a characterization made by defense investigator Ron Lax. The lab reports regarding the laces and the hair do not support that depiction.

If the lace belonged to Steve, then the hair could have been on the lace prior to it being used to tie Michael and, therefore, Terry would not have had to be present when the lace was tied.
    Thanks for the info. I still dont have a opinion one way or the other. Did anyone in the case have prior police records?

Thanks for keeping us updated SRV!

There is a live feed on CNN but no audio

cbs are streaming it live xx

somebody please enlighten me on this new dna evidence that the supporters are raving about?? thanks x

Thanks for the info. I still dont have a opinion one way or the other. Did anyone in the case have prior police records?

All three of them. As well as most if the victim's parents and even the WM3's parents. Priors were in plentiful supply in this case.