Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101757 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 3167

Thread: West Memphis Murders

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    474
    For those who want to view it, here is a link to the CBS 48 Hrs. documentary that aired last night

    http://freewestmemphis3.org/index.ph...edia&Itemid=57

    I havent's seen the Paradise Lost doc, but from what I've read, the 48 Hrs show probably isn't much different. It didn't really convince me the WM3 are innocent. Their supporters have tossed out a lot of red herrings, which sows confusion. But if you go to the callahn.8K web site and read the documents, a lot of their info can be debunked.

    Basic facts I'm looking at:

    The killings took place in a fairly narrow time frame

    The killer(s) likely knew them and was familiar with the area

    The killer was a sexual sadist - their injuries appear consistent with that. They were bound and tortured. Lack of evidence of sexual assault is explained by the fact they were in underwater.

    They were possibly abducted from the Robin Hood woods, killed elsewhere and their bodies dumped back at the woods. I'm not sure about this one.

    Two of the boys died from drowning and head injuries, so, if abducted they weren't taken far away.

    The killer(s) left the children's clothing at the crime scene, in the water. If they were killed elsewhere, wouldn't it have been disposed of?

    Parents, police and friends who searched the woods that night didn't see them there. Not surprising, given it was dark and the kids were underwater.

    The defenders of WM3 are now pointing a finger at Terry Hobbs. He's a creepy individual, but I'm not sure how he could have done it in the given time frame, especially when the other kids families began searching for them so early.

    Just a few thoughts. The cops and prosecutor may have made some mistakes and certainly a number of witnesses concocted stories in hopes of getting the reward money, but I'm not sure it changed the outcome.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    torrance, ca
    Posts
    946
    a random thought I had....
    WHOMEVER ever did it...has to have been more then one person (WM3) being as though there were 3 kids OR one person that all 3kids were scared enough of to keep them all together (hodges/someone they knew).
    - chelle


    ♥ etsy shop: Old Lady Rose

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    DNA on the rope was hair taken from one of the fathers who also lied about seeing the boys that day.
    This came up in the 48 hour episode
    I saw that, too. I wondered how a neighbor could have seen him call the boys home when another neighbor reported seeing them going into the woods at that time.

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Okay, watching the show really brought a lot of things back. I had forgotten a lot of details. I read one of the books, I realized when I looked it up tonight. I'll reread it so I can comment on it, too.

    One of my biggest questions is why hasn't it happened again, if they are innocent. People who commit crimes like this rarely stop. They want to do it again.

    Byers got crazier & crazier & he was an obvious choice. I think he might have just been a long time alcoholic. He talks like it, looks like it, & I would not be surprised OR blame him if he is.

    And I agree that a dad or step dad or anyone else living in the house with any of the boys was likely to transfer hairs to their clothes. I can't trust Terry Hobbs' ex wife b/c they are divorced & she seems to really hate him. That could certainly color someone's opinions of their character. I think that in this case, it's terry's turn to be the scapegoat. Byers was proven innocent, so they've moved on to Terry. I think he sounded like a great suspect on the show!

    I agree that the Bojangles man is irrelevant. It had to be someone who knew the area & knew the boys. A random homeless man could not have done it.

    Damien admitting to people he did it "as a joke" is disturbing to me. Why? Because that's not something people joke about. Rather, it's not something you say to someone, then later pretend you were joking at the time. That doesn't make sense.

    I also thought it was creepy that Echols thought it would be great when kids in West Memphis talked about him for years to come, as the boogeyman. Yikes. And as for his wife...well, I have plenty of opinions of her. Nuts is one.

    As far as the 3 being discovered muddy & bloody when they got home, I don't think any of them had much parental supervision.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,659
    I personally am not convinced these kids murdered anyone, but what I am really disturbed about is that one is on death row and there is just not enough evidence to prove or disprove this case.

    I really had hope that our system was better than this. A new trial is really needed.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    983
    If anyone is interested, Free the West Memphis 3 on facebook:

    http://it-it.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2209192659
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1752&dateline=1264924651

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,655
    First of all, the 'expert' who testified that this killing was a 'Satanic ritual' was a fraud. He has been debunked many times. I am not a Satanist, but I have studied it so that I would know what it is about. What I have found is that Satanists do not believe in hurting children or animals, because they are innocent creatures and should be protected.

    The jury was tainted, and should have been dismissed. The Foreman of the jury has admitted to taking Misskelly's guilty sentence into consideration, when it was not admitted into evidence. He had read that Misskelly had been found guilty, and had decided that if he was guilty, the other two must be, as well.

    The same judge that presided over the initial hearings is the one who has overseen all the requests for a new trial. Of course he's going to den y the requests. No one likes to admit that they may have made mistakes.

    The WM3 may be guilty, but then, they may not be. I'd rather let a guilty man out than execute an innocent one. There is enough reasonable doubt that the three men should be granted new trials. If there is a new trial with the new evidence, and they are again found guilty, then I'll believe justice has been done. Until then, I see this as a judicial miscarriage.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    I agree that the judge shouldn't be the one getting to turn them down again & again. An impartial judge should see it. That's really absurd. And scary!

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    there seems to be enough doubt to get a new trial.

    the wife was creepy as hell, but i think all prison groupies are an odd lot.

    the stepfather did not seem truthful to me, but why is echols so *flat* effect? if i was blamed for something i did not do, i think i would state it with much more fervor.

    the whole thing is fucked up.

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    Now I want to watch the films again. Downloading right now...
    What are the films please x

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    10,661
    Paradise Lost and Paradise Lost 2: Revelations

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    10,661
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I agree that the judge shouldn't be the one getting to turn them down again & again. An impartial judge should see it. That's really absurd. And scary!
    I agree!

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,353
    well if johnny depp says so its good enuff 4 me

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

    One of my biggest questions is why hasn't it happened again, if they are innocent. People who commit crimes like this rarely stop. They want to do it again.

    .

    Maybe it has happened again, just not in West Memphis, AR. If it was someone unknown to the kids or the area, some drifter if you will, he could've then hopped on the interstate and left for parts unknown. He could've killed many times since these murders.

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    Maybe it has happened again, just not in West Memphis, AR. If it was someone unknown to the kids or the area, some drifter if you will, he could've then hopped on the interstate and left for parts unknown. He could've killed many times since these murders.
    It would also probably not happen again if it was one of the parents. When a crime is more personal, it will just happen the one time.

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    794
    That is also true Mel306. I honestly do not know if the 3 convicted are guilty or not. I do not, however, believe there was enough evidence to convict them. I feel like everyone, not just jurors, felt like the police had arrested these kids so they must be guilty. There was a lot of fear and anger going on around here at that time and I don't think the kids ever stood a chance once they were arrested. One thing I agree with Damien's wife is, When do the police not look at the parent's 1st in a case like this? And Terry Hobbs wasn't even interviewed back then.
    Last edited by mdespain38; 03-01-2010 at 07:26 PM.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    Maybe it has happened again, just not in West Memphis, AR. If it was someone unknown to the kids or the area, some drifter if you will, he could've then hopped on the interstate and left for parts unknown. He could've killed many times since these murders.
    That could be, but I still think it was someone who knew the area.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,334
    Like many people, I too have spent an inordinate amount of time researching this case. A conspiracy to convict these three ruthless killers is so far-fetched and impossible because of all the people involved. The jury, after weighing what evidence was available to them, convicted these three monsters; if the jury's decision is good enough for a court of law, then it is good enough for me. Did the investigator's make lots of mistakes? Of course they did. No one is perfect, but based on what I have read, everything points to the three that are now imprisoned. There is no doubt crappy police work is responsible for some of the confusion and rumors, but just because lots of mistakes were made, it doesn't mean these three scumbags are innocent either. The only reason I believe so many people have joined the WM3's cause, is because they want to belong to something, whether it's something they really believe in or not. They really could care less if justice was served; they just want their five minutes of fame. I'm sure many of the WM3 supporters are people who like to disagree with the general population on anything, just to disagree; they like to be known for their highly unpopular opinions. joS3ph

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Wow lol

    I wholeheartedly agree with all of what you've said. I think you really nailed it. I realize that some do truly believe the hype. Some of the members here for example really seem to believe in their innocence. But for the vast majority of the WM3ers, you are exactly right.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    I think if people just watch the first movie, and they find that Damien has sort of a rock-star appeal, just that sways people toward thinking they're innocent.

    Damien's psychiatric history is pretty awful--his own parents were afraid of him.

    That doesn't make him guilty, but when he tries to claim that he was convicted because he wears black clothing, it's pretty easy to see that he's lying.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    I think if people just watch the first movie, and they find that Damien has sort of a rock-star appeal, just that sways people toward thinking they're innocent.

    Damien's psychiatric history is pretty awful--his own parents were afraid of him.

    That doesn't make him guilty, but when he tries to claim that he was convicted because he wears black clothing, it's pretty easy to see that he's lying.
    I get the feeling everything he says is a lie. I think he's very very good at manipulating people. His wife creeps me out. She's like a Stepford wife or something. She actually thinks he'll be out one day. I think she has a bit of a groupie thing going on. She's front & center at all of these rallies & protests, she gets comforted by all the celebs who are patting themselves on the back for helping the poor backwards country folks.

    It's gross.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Paradise Lost and Paradise Lost 2: Revelations

    Thanks Nessa

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,242
    I wanted to add that Damien acts a certain way in the very structured prison system. Many people do better in prison because they need the strong boundaries and structured activities.

    However, if they were released, they would revert to their previous behavior, which includes LOTS of impulse-control problems.

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    "But it's a dry heat" South. California
    Posts
    2,690
    I was not very familiar with this case before watching 48 hours. I find it surprising that 2 of the parents who would have loved to have killed the WM3 back then now believe they are innocent especially the dad of one of the boys.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I was not very familiar with this case before watching 48 hours. I find it surprising that 2 of the parents who would have loved to have killed the WM3 back then now believe they are innocent especially the dad of one of the boys.
    actually he is the stepfather & if you did follow the case you would see that his opinion goes wherever the money does~ that has been proven time & time again~ he is now convinced that a movie is going to be made of his life & that brad pitt will be playing his part~

    oh & pam hobbs(stevie branch's mother) changes her mind depending on how mad she is at terry that week~ her daughter, amanda, who was 4 at the time of the muders, & now is an adult, comes to our non board & supports her father terry & his innocence~ she says the abuse allegations against him are BS, that he never abused her, punished yes, abused nope~

    also here is what stevie's bio dad has to say on the case:

    FAST FACTS:
    Steve Branch breaks his silence
    He's upset with recent publicity in the West Memphis Three Case
    Branch remains convinced the right people are behind bars

    tom.powell@wreg.com
    tompowell3 on Twitter


    (West Memphis, AR) -- Steve Branch says he's not one to chase down cameras. "I didn't want to come out here and do this," he told us during an interview Friday. "I didn't see any other choice."

    Branch has remained relatively quiet since the end of the trials for the West Memphis Three: Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin.

    He felt compelled to speak out now because of recent publicity in the case. "I'm here for the three eight-year-old boys that were tortured and murdered, one of which was my son, Little Steve," he said.

    Branch was convinced after the trials, and remains convinced today, that the right people are behind bars for the murders of Stevie Branch, Christopher Byers and Michael Moore.

    Part of his message Friday was meant specifically for the West Memphis Three. "Instead of begging them to let you out, you should be begging them to let you stay in there, because you don't want to come back out here," Branch said.

    Branch was upset when he saw parts of a recent interview Johnny Depp did for an upcoming episode of 48 Hours Mystery . "To Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder and the rest of you celebrities trying to get in the spotlight by standing on my son's shoulders, stop it. You should be ashamed of yourselves," Branch said.

    Branch is also disappointed with family members of the victims who are now supporting the West Memphis Three. "I say to the parents who are supporting their sons' killers, to quote another son to his parent, 'Why has thou forsaken me?"

    & todd moore, michaels father:

    Todd Moore
    Marion, AR
    Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#18 hrs ago

    Well said Steve, these people, and yes even some of the parents such as Pam Hobbs and Mark Byers, should be ashamed of themselves. Unlike them, you and I did not sell out our sons for a book or movie deal. We are not trying to make a dollar off of the memories of our children who died at the hands of monsters such as Echols, Misskelly and Baldwin.
    There are many good people who know just as we do that justice has been served and the guilty are still behind bars and will continue despite the actions of those such as Depp.
    Time after time the courts have upheld these convictions as they should have, we were there every minute of every day at the trials. We also know how HBO lied to all of us and made that sham of a documentary.
    Those who support these murderers are zealots and are almost cult like themselves. They are pushing this lie out to the millions who watch this news and other news outlets that do not seem to really care about the truth but more into what sensationalism they can show to sell their program. The truth and Justice are on our side and we will prevail.


    this was all posted AFTER the 48 hours biased show aired~

    i also want to add, regardless of what side of the fence you are on regarding this case~ it made me literally ill, that the TRUE VICTIMS in all of this, were merely added as an after thought on 48 hours~ no matter if you are a supporter or non, you have to admit, first & foremost that michael, stevie & christopher are what this case is all about~ not that damien was a smartass, dressed in black & lorri has moons in her eyes when it comes to him~ they presented nothing in regards to the innocence of the WM3~ the hair thing has been so played~ 48 hours should be ashamed of themselves for presenting such rubbish~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 03-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.

  26. #376
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    "But it's a dry heat" South. California
    Posts
    2,690
    Thanks for the info Goddess, as I said I was not very familiar with the case. Will have to read up on it.

  27. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Thanks for the info Goddess, as I said I was not very familiar with the case. Will have to read up on it.
    no prob~

  28. #378
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    Aww thank you.
    I am sure the photos on callahan show something bit it's always so hard to tell unless you have an error saying "look here" yaknow.

    I am the one that opened his eyes to being a death hag and now he is more morbid then me haha.
    if you watch the actual documentaries & not on youtube, the first few minutes of paradise lost I, they show the boys deceased, it's a horridly sad shot~ pasty white, hog tied & well frankly dead~ then throughout both the films you see different crime scene shots~ what was done to stevie's face is hard to see & chris byers genetalia shot is just awful~

    i think the parents have done a wonderful job of keeping them under wraps~ they're just so sad to see what was done to these boys~

    i have to say tho, those shots are what got me interested in the case~ being a death hag i have seen lotsa death type photos & stuff, but i was floored that these films would show michael, stevie & christopher actually dead & not just in photographs~ i was floored beyond belief, then i started reading & studying the case & have since become friends w/ a few parents of the victims that post on the non board & yes i have even spoken w/ john mark byers a few times, before & after his change of heart, or should i say wallet?~

    also a very nice girl on our non board lives in memphis & has been able to, time & time again drive over to west memphis & get us photographs & info~ she was able to visit the evidence room & all of the stuff about the case, she was able to photograph alot of it for us, when it all became available to the public~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 03-02-2010 at 02:19 PM.

  29. #379
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    actually he is the stepfather & if you did follow the case you would see that his opinion goes wherever the money does~ that has been proven time & time again~ he is now convinced that a movie is going to be made of his life & that brad pitt will be playing his part~
    Brad Pitt? Actually, that's not too far off these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    oh & pam hobbs(stevie branch's mother) changes her mind depending on how mad she is at terry that week~ her daughter, amanda, who was 4 at the time of the muders, & now is an adult, comes to our non board & supports her father terry & his innocence~ she says the abuse allegations against him are BS, that he never abused her, punished yes, abused nope~
    I thought that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post

    also here is what stevie's bio dad has to say on the case:





    Branch was upset when he saw parts of a recent interview Johnny Depp did for an upcoming episode of 48 Hours Mystery . "To Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder and the rest of you celebrities trying to get in the spotlight by standing on my son's shoulders, stop it. You should be ashamed of yourselves," Branch said.
    Perfect! He's right on. He said some good stuff. I also liked the forsaken quote.


    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post



    & todd moore, michaels father:


    We also know how HBO lied to all of us and made that sham of a documentary.

    Those who support these murderers are zealots and are almost cult like themselves. They are pushing this lie out to the millions who watch this news and other news outlets that do not seem to really care about the truth but more into what sensationalism they can show to sell their program. The truth and Justice are on our side and we will prevail.


    this was all posted AFTER the 48 hours biased show aired~

    What is the deal with HBO? Didn't they say they would be impartial?

    And I agree with you on the subject of the boys being forgotten. It's not about them anymore. It hasn't been for a very long time.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  30. #380
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Brad Pitt? Actually, that's not too far off these days.



    I thought that too.



    Perfect! He's right on. He said some good stuff. I also liked the forsaken quote.




    What is the deal with HBO? Didn't they say they would be impartial?

    And I agree with you on the subject of the boys being forgotten. It's not about them anymore. It hasn't been for a very long time.
    HBO was so not impartial it is sad & the people who feel the 3 are innocent based on these films & 48 hours for that matter, have been spoon fed some BS~ i did see however that HBO wants to do 2 more films on the case, as for being non biased this time around, i wouldn't bet on it~ the promo i saw, points the finger directly at terry hobbs, just as it did john mark byers so many years ago~ pathetic i tell ya~

    sometimes i wonder too, do the supporters of the WM3 remember how happy damien was that they were calling him 'the west memphis boogeyman'? & how much it got him off that little kids were going to be scared & looking under their beds thinking he was coming for them too?, if you were innocent would you say that?, even in jest?, it's not funny & i don't see how anyone can take that lightly~

    if you were innocent would you sit there on 48 hours so complacent, as damien did?, or would you be hoarse, because from day 1 of your arrest & conviction you would be screaming "I'M INNOCENT'?~ not blowing kisses to the parents in court & licking your lips at the court gallery~ & when you got to hold your son for the first time during the trials as damien did & the press asks you "damien, what is your sons first words going to be?" to which damien replies real creepily "capital murder"?~ does that sound like something an innocent man would say?~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 03-02-2010 at 02:46 PM.

  31. #381
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Im watching both movies again to see if my opinion is swayed BUT OMG i do not remember the crime scene last time i watched it those poor litle boys,seeing it made it so much more real.
    I really hope they do eventually find who did this,its sickening

  32. #382
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    Im watching both movies again to see if my opinion is swayed BUT OMG i do not remember the crime scene last time i watched it those poor litle boys,seeing it made it so much more real.
    I really hope they do eventually find who did this,its sickening
    don't worry, they have the right 3~ & if you haven't, you really should read all the court documents on callahan's, usuing the films to sway your opinion really does no justice for the real victims michael, stevie & christopher~ it's ALL supporter slanted~

    & did any of you catch the out & out lies that were on 48 hours?, such as jessie's attorney now being a state's judge, he's not, so why lie about that too?~ it just keeps getting deeper & deeper~

    also, did ya'll know that lorri davis, damiens living breathing angel right here on earth was married before & she has a child?~ ok i can see divorcing her first husband, people do it everyday, but why did she abandon her own child to go marry & support a child killer?~ she has nothing to do w/ her own child, to me that is unfathomable~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 03-02-2010 at 03:19 PM.

  33. #383
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    2,915
    I dont know much about this case, but the dad claiming Johnny Depp is trying to use his son for publicity is delusional. Johnny Depp doesnt need to find publicity, he is a HUGE celeb. He is not a has been (maybe Winona Rider is, but not Depp) and Im sorry but as an American he does have the right to express his views and concerns.

    I find it shocking that some of you can say, yes there was lots of mess ups, and bad police work, but oh well they got the right people. Umm no, police work should be above reproach. And someone who said there wouldve been more murders if they didnt have the right people in prison. Not true. The killers couldve moved to another area, been imprisoned on other charges, or died. Some killers (even serial killers) will stop killing for years, and then pick back up like no time has passed (think BTK, and the Green River Killer)

    Just with the few questions posed, there needs to be a new trial. If the WM3 are truly guilty, the evidence and testimony will be the same. If there is a chance even one of them is innocent, we need to retry them all.
    ____________________________

    If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

  34. #384
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,655
    I know of at least one trucking company that has an operating center in West Memphis. They are a nation wide company, with thousands of tractor trailers and tankers travelling all over North America. What if the killer was a trucker?

  35. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Superior, WI
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I know of at least one trucking company that has an operating center in West Memphis. They are a nation wide company, with thousands of tractor trailers and tankers travelling all over North America. What if the killer was a trucker?

    Sounds like anything is possible.
    ____________________________

    If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

  36. #386
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    I dont know much about this case, but the dad claiming Johnny Depp is trying to use his son for publicity is delusional. Johnny Depp doesnt need to find publicity, he is a HUGE celeb. He is not a has been (maybe Winona Rider is, but not Depp) and Im sorry but as an American he does have the right to express his views and concerns.

    I find it shocking that some of you can say, yes there was lots of mess ups, and bad police work, but oh well they got the right people. Umm no, police work should be above reproach. And someone who said there wouldve been more murders if they didnt have the right people in prison. Not true. The killers couldve moved to another area, been imprisoned on other charges, or died. Some killers (even serial killers) will stop killing for years, and then pick back up like no time has passed (think BTK, and the Green River Killer)

    Just with the few questions posed, there needs to be a new trial. If the WM3 are truly guilty, the evidence and testimony will be the same. If there is a chance even one of them is innocent, we need to retry them all.
    regardless of what side of the fence a person is on, i find it reprehensible to question how the parent of a murdered child feels~ sorta like walk a mile in their shoes...~

    the stuff i have posted on any parents was told to me by there own, mouths, not speculation~

  37. #387
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Here and there and back again...
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    ...edit

    i also want to add, regardless of what side of the fence you are on regarding this case~ it made me literally ill, that the TRUE VICTIMS in all of this, were merely added as an after thought on 48 hours~ no matter if you are a supporter or non, you have to admit, first & foremost that michael, stevie & christopher are what this case is all about~ not that damien was a smartass, dressed in black & lorri has moons in her eyes when it comes to him~ they presented nothing in regards to the innocence of the WM3~ the hair thing has been so played~ 48 hours should be ashamed of themselves for presenting such rubbish~
    I 150% agree with you. It made me sick as well how little michael, stevie and christopher were mentioned on 48 hours. It was a circle jerk for damien, except for the last 15 minutes they spent trying to cast blame on terry hobbs. It's like a repeat of what was being done to byers years ago. The 'new' evidence that had been so hyped prior to the program was, as you said, played out. How wonderful for damien that he is able to be married and have such a heartwarming love story play out before our very eyes. (In case it isn't obvious, I say that with sarcasm dripping from every word.)


    "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

  38. #388
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    & did any of you catch the out & out lies that were on 48 hours?, such as jessie's attorney now being a state's judge, he's not, so why lie about that too?~ it just keeps getting deeper & deeper~

    ~
    Stidham is a district court judge for Greene County which is in the 2nd judicial district in Arkansas.
    Last edited by mdespain38; 03-02-2010 at 08:02 PM.

  39. #389
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    I dont know much about this case, but the dad claiming Johnny Depp is trying to use his son for publicity is delusional. Johnny Depp doesnt need to find publicity, he is a HUGE celeb. He is not a has been (maybe Winona Rider is, but not Depp) and Im sorry but as an American he does have the right to express his views and concerns.

    I find it shocking that some of you can say, yes there was lots of mess ups, and bad police work, but oh well they got the right people. Umm no, police work should be above reproach. And someone who said there wouldve been more murders if they didnt have the right people in prison. Not true. The killers couldve moved to another area, been imprisoned on other charges, or died. Some killers (even serial killers) will stop killing for years, and then pick back up like no time has passed (think BTK, and the Green River Killer)

    Just with the few questions posed, there needs to be a new trial. If the WM3 are truly guilty, the evidence and testimony will be the same. If there is a chance even one of them is innocent, we need to retry them all.
    Johnny Depp has a new movie coming out. I did find it odd that he chose this week to interview with that show. I mean, after all this time? Plus most of the footage was straight form a show they already did.

    I maintain it had to be someone in that area. I doubt a trucker could have swept through & done that.

    I agree with you about police work, but it works both ways. I mean, look at OJ. And Robert Blake. Bungle bungle. Oh!

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  40. #390
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Here and there and back again...
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Johnny Depp has a new movie coming out. I did find it odd that he chose this week to interview with that show. I mean, after all this time? Plus most of the footage was straight form a show they already did.

    I maintain it had to be someone in that area. I doubt a trucker could have swept through & done that.

    I agree with you about police work, but it works both ways. I mean, look at OJ. And Robert Blake. Bungle bungle. Oh!
    Excellent points RaRa!! I thought the same things about Johnny Depp. It just seems way to convienient(sp?) that he is speaking out on such a high profile case on a program that is airing the week before his new movie premieres. His motives seem questionable at best.

    I also have a very hard time believing that a trucker or drifter could have committed this crime. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but I agree with RaRa that the killers had to be from the area.


    "If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

  41. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Watched the first hour again last night and I agree they have the correct people. No one person could mange to control three young boys and then kill them,there had to be more and for the other 'killer/s' to have not spoken out before now just shows us.
    Jesse was confused merely because he has mental issues,times make no difference to a person with his needs.
    They were all in the woods,they were all involved and deserve all they are getting.
    Jesse kept his head down throughout the trial not because he was told to but because he was full of guilt and remorse,who could look at any of the parents or view any of the photos without feeling crap.
    The step father whos dna they have now found on one of the ropes means nothing,again how could one man control three boys its just not possible.
    What about all the clothing fibres from the WM3 that were found on the bodies do people forget those?

  42. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,038
    Hey guys I tried searching the thread, but I can't seem to find the link with the crime scene pics.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  43. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,038
    Nevermind I found the link, but is the callan site the one of the pics of the bodies?
    Last edited by Miho; 03-03-2010 at 08:34 AM.


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  44. #394
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Just watching Part 2 and two questions come to mind
    1)were the boys real fathers ever informed or got invloved in the case.I myself have a son with another man we were never together as a couple and hes never seen him but if something like this happend to him I would feel the need to inform him.
    2)I know they are not used in court but why were the boys never given a lie detector test,especially now.You should have the right to be able to have one it would at least be a start

    That Mark Byers is ALWAYS hanging around its like he has to see whats going on,be the first to find out what the cops know AND a bite mark comes up in evidence and low and behold he now has a false set because his were knocked out.
    Very suspicious!
    Last edited by discod; 03-03-2010 at 02:53 PM.

  45. #395
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Johnny Cashville
    Posts
    22,611
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    That Mark Byers is ALWAYS hanging around its like he has to see whats going on,be the first to find out what the cops know AND a bite mark comes up in evidence and low and behold he now has a false set because his were knocked out.
    Very suspicious!
    I think Byers is an alcoholic. I think he teeth fell out.

    You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

  46. #396
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by discod View Post
    Thanks Nessa
    Thanks from me too Nessa. Sorry I didn't reply sooner discod
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1752&dateline=1264924651

  47. #397
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    742
    Crime scene pics of the children have been taken off the net out of respect for the parents. Other crime scene pics are out, but nothing of the children, cept maybe some injuries.

    Heres my thing about accusing Terry Hobbs now. They did this already with a step father. I cant understand after everything Byers went thru with the accusations, he is now doing it to Terry Hobbs. They keep saying that TH hair was in Michael Moores binding..well we dont know whos shoelaces Michael was tied up with. Most likely Stevies.

    48 hours sure didnt bring up anything against Damien..like his mental history, his past ramblings of wanting to kill someone and drink their blood. Or that Jessie keeps opening his mouth confessing.

  48. #398
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,655
    I do not know if the WM3 are guilty. I do not know if they are innocent. What I do know is that there is reasonable doubt that they are guilty. Damian Echols may be a killer, but then, he may not be, and i do not want to see him executed for something that he may be innocent of. You cannot bring an executed person back to life when it's discovered that they were innocent all along. Which has happened too many times already.

  49. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Otherside of the Mirror~
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    Crime scene pics of the children have been taken off the net out of respect for the parents. Other crime scene pics are out, but nothing of the children, cept maybe some injuries.

    Heres my thing about accusing Terry Hobbs now. They did this already with a step father. I cant understand after everything Byers went thru with the accusations, he is now doing it to Terry Hobbs. They keep saying that TH hair was in Michael Moores binding..well we dont know whos shoelaces Michael was tied up with. Most likely Stevies.

    48 hours sure didnt bring up anything against Damien..like his mental history, his past ramblings of wanting to kill someone and drink their blood. Or that Jessie keeps opening his mouth confessing.
    i 100% agree w/ this~ & why on 48 hours, does lorri, damiens wife say she is trying to free all 3, why did they not talk to the other 2?, why did we only hear from jessie's attorney?, why didn't he let jessie speak for himself?, because he might confess a fourth time?, or because we will see he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but that he is NOT retarded & not functioning as a 5 year old?~ on the docu's when jessie calls his girlfriend, susie brewer & describs his xrated dream of her, does he sound 5 to you?~ hillbilly-ish?, yeah, uneducated?, yeah~ but he isn't retarded & i wish they would stop playing that trump card~ it'a an insult to mentally disabled people everywhere~

  50. #400
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow/U.K
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i 100% agree w/ this~ & why on 48 hours, does lorri, damiens wife say she is trying to free all 3, why did they not talk to the other 2?, why did we only hear from jessie's attorney?, why didn't he let jessie speak for himself?, because he might confess a fourth time?, or because we will see he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but that he is NOT retarded & not functioning as a 5 year old?~ on the docu's when jessie calls his girlfriend, susie brewer & describs his xrated dream of her, does he sound 5 to you?~ hillbilly-ish?, yeah, uneducated?, yeah~ but he isn't retarded & i wish they would stop playing that trump card~ it'a an insult to mentally disabled people everywhere~

    I totally agree he is more intelligent than they give him credit for,he doesn't sound retarded in any way he knows whats what.But in saying that Mark Byers freaks me out lol.Anyways three boys CANNOT be controlled by one person.We had Ian Huntley control two young girls here they were in his own home and they knew him,something I think the boys knew...they knew their killers.The Bojangles theory to me is bull one person could not carry out this crime there had to be others involved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •