Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I read cancer of the salivary glands .....which sounds a weird one.When will they find a cure for cancer ???????
    it just seems so... i dunno...not fair and unbelievable. an evil little salivary gland. not a vital organ like 'oh i have lung, or liver, or pancreas cancer' (although i guess it must have spread cuz you dont die directly from a cancerous gland that makes saliva).

i remember when he announced it, he said they had caught it in it's early stages and it was just in the parotid gland and a lymph node and he was getting surgery to remove the tumor and some radiation. i thought he would NEVER die. i had heard he was in remission and was overjoyed, then the ominous announcement he made personally that no, he wasn't done 'the fight'. that gave me the heebie jeebies when he said that. i felt it must have spread. that must have been one aggressive mutha'f'er cancer.

i'm so sad. and sick. i hate cancer. like seriously, this was not a guy who lived fast and would have died of an OD. he didn't deserve this crap.

i hope he is at peace now.

eta-not that people who live fast and have potential to OD deserve to die either mind you.
    Last edited by Lush; 05-05-2012 at 07:07 AM.

"MCA Come And Rock The Sure Shot
    I Want To Say a Little Something That's Long Overdue
    The Disrespect To Women Has Got To Be Through
    To All The Mothers And Sisters And the Wives And Friends
    I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The End"

R.I.P
    Rock stars have kidnapped my son!

where did the name "MCA" come from?

I am not sure but I always assumed it was short for MC Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I am not sure but I always assumed it was short for MC Adam.
    Oh yeah that would make sense. Thanks!

RIP MCA. I feel like part of my childhood is gone as well. Was watching "Triple Trouble" on youtube-hilarious vid.

LOVED him and was so sad when I caught the news yesterday.

RIP MCA, you will truly be missed
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

It has been a day and I am still very upset. I love the Beastie Boys and MCA was always my favorite. He was one of the few celebrities that I would have loved to sit down and have a conversaiton with. I always thought it might be a possibility. In that hopeful, remote, 6 degrees kind of way. I had a thin connection where ( in my mind ) it might be possible some day. My children went to school with the children of one of the other Beasties. Too bad that Beastie is an ass. I am bummed I will never meet the one I adored.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanolivia View Post
    It has been a day and I am still very upset. I love the Beastie Boys and MCA was always my favorite. He was one of the few celebrities that I would have loved to sit down and have a conversaiton with. I always thought it might be a possibility. In that hopeful, remote, 6 degrees kind of way. I had a thin connection where ( in my mind ) it might be possible some day. My children went to school with the children of one of the other Beasties. Too bad that Beastie is an ass. I am bummed I will never meet the one I adored.
    Would this Be Mike D??.. I have always heard of all of the guys he is the most pompus..and closed off to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    Would this Be Mike D??.. I have always heard of all of the guys he is the most pompus..and closed off to fans.
    The Beastie WOULD be Mike D. It wasn't even fans he was closed off to. No one ever talked to him about the Beasties. Most of the parents didn't give 2 shits who he is and the rest didn't know who he was. We are just parents. The school is small and most parents are close and very involved in the school. It was just so bizarre how he acted like he was the shit and seriously no one was there to see him. They just wanted to spend time with their kids and be a part of the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Demondahlia View Post
    I'm betting it probably is. I saw a video on youtube yesterday with the other Adam and MCA. It was when MCA first found out he had cancer. The other Adam almost chocked up when MCA was talking about it. Mike D wasn't at the interview.

MCA was my favorite and Mike D. was my least favorite. I am glad to see that wasn't unwarranted. What a dick.

Another little piece of the soundtrack of my youth gone.

RIP and safe travels. May you rock the celestial mic......
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I read cancer of the salivary glands .....which sounds a weird one.When will they find a cure for cancer ???????
    This is the first time I have heard of it too.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I'm sure there is a cure but the drug companies don't want us to know

I was sad when I heard about this but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about him today, and just what a loss it is. They were really pioneers in hip hop music. And they had some great videos too.
    I had recently seen one of their newer videos and they were not in it. Seth Rogan and Elijah Wood and another guy were playing the Beasties, and then at the end they meet their future selves, played by other actors. It's a cool video but I just read that they weren't in it because of MCA being too sick. I feel so bad for his wife and daughter. 47 is just too young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdgLMslbDuY
    Here's the video, so many fun celebrity cameos I can't even keep track!! lol
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 05-07-2012 at 01:13 PM.

I was sad when I heard about this but for some reason I just can't stop thinking about him today, and just what a loss it is. They were really pioneers in hip hop music. And they had some great videos too.
    I had recently seen one of their newer videos and they were not in it. Seth Rogan and Elijah Wood and another guy were playing the Beasties, and then at the end they meet their future selves, played by other actors. It's a cool video but I just read that they weren't in it because of MCA being too sick. I feel so bad for his wife and daughter. 47 is just too young.

Awesome video - thanks for sharing!!

The Beasties are so "Crafty"!!! Yuk Yuk Yuk!
    My Posse's On Broadway

"So Whatcha whatcha whatcha want"......just finished watching that one. I'm in a Beastie mood this week. RIP MCA

Quote Originally Posted by Bassetlover09 View Post
    "So Whatcha whatcha whatcha want"......just finished watching that one. I'm in a Beastie mood this week. RIP MCA
    I think we're all in that mood this week.
    "If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I'm sure there is a cure but the drug companies don't want us to know
    I have a friend who works in cancer research (lab coat and everything) at a university research lab. She hates it. She said there are so many things they can't investigate and try because so much of their funding comes from cancer drug companies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy and hope this works above,, if not it's on youtube called "Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right (Revisited) Full Length". It runs about 22 mins long.. I watched the whole thing after hearing... Like long and short versions.. The pissing contest ,,,,,, haaaaaa! You can see all BEASTIES in viedo,, they are at the end getting out of the police car for round up,,,. MCA sportin beard,,, ..Check out the credits and see who was the work horse of the group.. I saw them in Toledo in 86 still have the sweat shirt.. Mike D slippeed and hit a speaker haaaaard,,, during the "Fight for your right" pie fight.. There where strippers and a giant penis that rose to the rafters and lots of Budweiser in the Toledo Sports Arena,,, It was about the best concert ouside of KISS,,,,, Awesome INDEED!!!! They have been banned from Toledo ever since.. I was a FAN.............. Heaven got a little cooler....... R.I.P. Adam.

Uggh....
    Coldplay tribute to Adam (warning its awful):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=LVr4UP9ntLs#!
    Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Uggh....
    I heard this on the radio a few days ago. While I agree the song is horrible, it is nice that they honored him. I think their hearts were in the right place.

I've loved the Beasties for so many years... I remember feeling mortified once they'd all hit their forties, cos the Beasties would surely never get old???? Now I'm truly gutted... Too soon :'( RIP Adam x

Uggh....

Okay tribute I get it - but Coldplay is one of those "popular" bands like U2 that I just can not stand!!! Ughhhh.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Here is kind of a cool little tribute. It is the first MCA line of all the Beastie Boys songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=at5TbukcBDY

This one is still a big shocker to me. I was jamming Paul's Boutique the other night and it was just so good. The Nephew was even bobbing his head to the Beasties, rocking out in his car seat.

I didnīt know that he had a cancer...
    PD: I remember I worked as basketball referee in two games of a local league of my city where one of the team was called "Bistiboys" (in reference of the Beastie Boys)
    When God goes to bed every night, he prays to CM Punk.

Its been a year already.
    Suck it.

Its been a year already.
    Wow. Damn. It sure has been a year. MCA is still missed.

Still miss you Adam...

I'm gonna need this book when it comes out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22350161

Don't waste your time, embrace it

​Goddamn Electric - Pantera

This still makes me have a sad. I have six of their albums and two EP's on my MP3 player - good stuff, you really can't beat it. I've been jamming 'The In Sound from Way Out' a lot lately. They were really smart, clever, witty and always had great beats and samples. I loved their music videos too, hahahaha. MCA on his own and he, Ad-Rock and Mike D as a band did a lot of good things, aside from being up there with Run DMC and the like as far as musical legends go. You could argue that the while Rick Rubin may have originally 'made' the Beastie Boys, the Beastie Boys made Rick Rubin. Hip hop owes a great debt to those guys.

Here's a picture of MCA and his wife, who is gooooorgeous.
    pt_1257_9952_o.jpg

And daughter, who is 13 or 14 now.
    tumblr_m3idyiGk8H1rqkji8o1_500.jpg

adam-yauch-mca-beastie-boys2.jpeg
    "I'm out, and I'm gone, I tell ya now I keep it on and on."

Wow a year already. Time does go by so quickly.
    "I am the Master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul"

I can't believe it's been a year already.