Thread: Man chases, hits boy with car after wallet is stolen

Man chases, hits boy with car after wallet is stolen

http://www.katv.com/story/18106302/boy-hit-by-car-dies
    (KATV) Little Rock - "When I got here, the man was beating up little man. He pulled him out from under the vehicle and started whopping him." A witness describes what he saw after a Little Rock teenager was hit and killed by a van. He was riding his bicycle and reportedly chased by the driver.

Well, a child is dead, and somewhere is a set of parents who must be devastated.

But I don't agree with the "kids will be kids" statement in the article. Skipping class, having a smoke, that's kids being kids. Choosing to steal someone's wallet and then make tracks on your bicycle is making the deliberate decision to commit a crime. I know the punishment was not suitable, but while they're lauding this "well loved" child, they may as well call this what it is: a guy lost it after some kid grabbed his wallet out of his own pocket and he reacted horribly.

Also, a million dollar bond is ridiculous in this case. This man is not a flight risk. His life is now over because he was, what, walking down the street when a kid robbed him? What the hell would that feel like?

And what's with the big fad now to go on Facebook and grieve? I think it's tacky has hell, but some people find it necessary to report to fb several times a day, so whatever. But all the "fine boy" posts and all the king's men aren't going to take away the fact that this tragedy happened because of this boy's actions.

I have a son the same age and I'm sorry for the parents. I cannot imagine the hell they must be going through right now.

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

That linked article sucks. Just report the damn facts dont try to be poignant editorialize or slant the story and dont use improper punctuation (I realize I am using improper punctuation but im not a journalist) resulting in odd fragmentation of a sentence if youre a fucking journalist:
    A boy on a bike, versus a man driving a van.
    Suck it.

We already have a thread on this one. Merge please

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ed-with-murder