Thread: AZ mom puts 5-week-old baby on top of car

Exclamation AZ mom puts 5-week-old baby on top of car

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

A Phoenix, Ariz., woman put her 5-week-old baby on top of her car in his car seat and drove away, apparently forgetting he was there, not even noticing when the seat fell off the car and landed in an intersection, police said.
    Neighbors discovered the baby on the roadway, still strapped to his safety seat, which was lying on its side. Luckily, the baby was unhurt.
    The baby's mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, who allegedly had been smoking marijuana, was arrested and charged with aggravated driving under the influence and child abuse, police said.
    "We believe that whatever she was under the influence of was the deciding factor in what did happen to this child and we're extremely happy that for the baby this turned out well and the baby is going to be OK," Officer James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Depart said.
    Clauser, her boyfriend and their friends had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening at a nearby park, but the boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of aggravated DUI when they went to a store - with the baby in the car - to get beer, according to police.
    Upset that her boyfriend was arrested, police said, Clauser went to a friend's home and smoked more marijuana.
    Clauser left around midnight and apparently put the sleeping baby on the roof of the car and drove off, forgetting he was there, and continued driving after the baby fell off the car, Holmes said.
    Leilani Gerlach, a homeowner who lives across from the intersection, notified police after she and another neighbor saw the baby in the car seat on the street.
    "We were both rolling our eyes in astonishment that someone could forget their baby," Gerlach said. "The car seat was turned to the side so anyone passing by wouldn't be able to tell there was an actual baby inside. Thank god they stopped."
    After police arrived, two people walked up and told them the baby was Clausen's. As the officers talked to the two, who identified themselves as friends of Clausen and her boyfriend, the young mother drove up, police said.
    "[She] had gotten into her car, set the baby seat on top of the car and forgot that the child was up there. It does not appear that immediately she realized what happened," Holmes said. "I think that perhaps she got where she was going and realized that she did not have the baby in the car."
    "There was damage to the car seat, it was scraped but there was no damage to the child," Holmes said.
    The baby is now in custody of Child Protective Services.

i read this last night and saw her with her pink hair and i wanted to STRANGLE this BITCH.

bullet to the head would be to nice for pieces of shit like this. WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://musw.chat.ru/pic/holly2.jpgbuddy holly 1936~1959

This has happened before, and in those cases I'm not sure any charges were brought. In one case it was a huge family that stopped at a rest stop, and the same thing happened. Those people had not been just smoking pot or having anything that would impair their mental faculties, however. They were just stupid.

Seems about normal these days to me.
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gox5V3VL1rtfnc7o1_500.gif
    Abandon all hope.

I'm sure the idiots will have the baby back with them in no time. That poor child has so many strikes against him and he is only slightly over a month old. He has two druggies for parents who even do the drugs around him. The mom probably did drugs while she was pregnant. She's not the most maternal looking chick either. I don't understand how a parent could set a carseat with their baby in it on their car and then forget about him being there. A fountain drink or maybe a purse, I could understand, but not a baby. It's as bad as the idiots who roast their babies in hot cars for hours every summer and claim they forgot the baby was there. I don't see how it is possible.

I've done that with a Tupperware container of potato salad but a baby??
    "Canada may no longer have the penny but I have plenty of "cents" that is common"- pwem

My vehicles have enjoyed more fountain drinks over the years than I have, but I can't imagine forgetting about your baby. Strawberry Shortcake obviously isn't too bright.

She looks like a real winner. I have driven off with a soda on top of the car, or my gas cap cover not closed - - I can't imagine any scenario where I would drive off with MY CHILD on top of the car. People should have to pass some kind of test before they're allowed to breed.

She doesn't exactly give off a maternal vibe does she?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    My vehicles have enjoyed more fountain drinks over the years than I have, but I can't imagine forgetting about your baby. Strawberry Shortcake obviously isn't too bright.
    Exactly! I've felt incredibly stupid buying a $3 beverage from Starbucks (cuz I'm sleepy) and putting it on the car roof, only to drive away and forget (cuz I'm sleepy). Smokin' up and leaving the baby is a whole 'nother level, though. Somehow OOPS just doesn't cut it!
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    She looks like a real winner. I have driven off with a soda on top of the car, or my gas cap cover not closed - - I can't imagine any scenario where I would drive off with MY CHILD on top of the car. People should have to pass some kind of test before they're allowed to breed.
    I've driven off with the day's mail on my hood of car. lol. I'm really losing my memory.

Wasnt there a scene in Raising Arizona similar to this?
    Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    That's an insult to Strawberry Shortcake Mammy! She's much smarter than this dumb bitch is. That poor little darling. I'm always amazed at how people can forget that their children are around. It boggles my mind!
    Huge fan of Vincent Price
    I'm a lady and I'm not on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    You just gave me the biggest chuckle I've had all day! Thanks! LOL

-----------------------

This story reminds me of the stupid woman on the news one day. She was in a hurry to get to the office and completely forgot to drop her tot off at daycare on the way in. Cut to lunch and she was hungry. I hope she was in the mood for BBQ, as when she got to her car....... Deep Fried two year old!

Even better, the idiotic woman got pregnant with another kid.

Darwin's theory is supposed to weed out the idiots, but not the poor kid who was unlucky enough to be born to a jackass.
    I'm not a death hag... I'm a death fag!

Words fail me!

Babies having babies, this just doesn't surprise me. I'm just happy the baby wasn't seriously injured! Contrary to what people may think, it's going to take a lot of work on this young woman's part to regain full custody of her child. She'll have to attend court-ordered parenting classes, drug counseling classes, submit to random drug tests on a moment's notice, serve community service, have supervised visits with her child, just to name a few, not to mention the amount of money she'll have to spend. Her stupid choices have created a long road ahead for her before they'll ever let her be a full-time parent again. At 19 years of age, I seriously doubt she's mature enough to successfully complete all of these...

Quote Originally Posted by pwem View Post
    Ba ha ha ha ha!

I don't think I've ever driven off with something on the hood of my car. Not because I always remember before I leave, but because I know myself too well to put anything up there in the first place! I finally stopped leaving my gas cap places because I won't set it down anymore. I just keep it in my hand the whole time!

Some people should not pro-create.

Someone earlier remarked the baby has two druggies for parents. Actually all we know is this trailer trash woman gave birth and gets drunk and high. She also has a kindred spirit of a boyfriend who may or may not be the child's father. As for parents, the baby has none, in the proper sense of the word.

I know it's trite to say but I see a such a story and think about good and loving couples who cannot give birth.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

I agree with Bidmor, I also think of those who cannot have children and would know how to take care of the child properly. Perhaps someone can adopt him who will take care of him. When my daughter was 2, I had the flu and felt like death. I could barely raise my head from the bed and was a single mom to boot. Somehow, I got up and got her fed, dressed and arranged for someone to take her to daycare for the day when I was too sick to drive.

I had the flu and felt like death.
    Ah, memories. One Easter Sunday, my husband left for work. A few minutes later, my five year old started barfing everywhere. After that was cleaned up, my three year old started barfing. After THAT plus more five year old stuff was cleaned up, my eight month pregnant rear started throwing up. We had a 48 hour flu, and it was the worst thing ever.

My husband likens it to the clam chowder scene from Family Guy.

This bitch needs to be taken car surfing and have the driver hit the brakes, and then the gas.