Thread: Emergency Hypnotist Called After Show Gone Wrong

Emergency Hypnotist Called After Show Gone Wrong

I may have to reevaluate my position that hypnotists are bunk. How is this a school appropriate activity anyway? Parents are so over protective in the stupidest ways, I can't see them allowing someone to hypnotize their kids at a school function

http://www.montrealgazette.com/healt...236/story.html

It was an end-of-year school activity featuring a hypnotism show and it didn't go quite as planned.A Quebec high school says the activity went awry when several students suffered difficulties after the show, including one girl who remained stuck in a trance.
    A spokesman says the incident occurred late last week at College du Sacre-Coeur in Sherbrooke during a lunchtime end-of-year event.
    At least five students appeared to experience trouble after the show by the 20-year-old hypnotist. A report says one student was stuck in a trance for up to five hours.
    School administrators had to call in the hypnotist's mentor, who came to help deal with the problem.
    The school says it had no idea that such a show could have those side effects. The school plans to hold a news conference next week to update reporters and families on the incident.

Stuck in a trance for 5 hours? Methinks someone is pulling someone's limb.
    "Canada may no longer have the penny but I have plenty of "cents" that is common"- pwem

Howie Mandel's brother Mike Mandel came to our high school and did his hypnotist act as a treat at the end of the year. it was awesome.
    sounds like this 20-year-old they got might have been a bargain bin hypnotist.

I went to a hypnotist to stop smoking....I admit it worked for about 2 weeks, then I woke up and started smoking again...lol I was very leary....lol
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

Mike Mandell's brother is Howie??? I had no idea. He came to our high school in Scarborough when I was in grade 10. I went on stage but it had no effect on me.

Suck it.

Remember Harry Houdini died from a punch to
    the stomach he was not ready for.

It was here in Canada at McGill University.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 06-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Think I know all about Harry Houdini.
    Just not sure about his ghost.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 06-19-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.