Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 368

Thread: Woman fatally shot in home of Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,490
    Is anything going on with this case? Seems like months since I've heard about Pistorious crying, vomiting and collapsing in court.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    Is anything going on with this case? Seems like months since I've heard about Pistorious crying, vomiting and collapsing in court.
    That's what I was thinking, last I heard was when he vomited in court. Then it was like nothing at all.
    TY Wrath, I will look for it to come online on CBS!


  3. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677
    Sent for psychiatric evaluation May 26, 2014
    But I also read he was found guilty


    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1805896
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  4. #204
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    I don't know what to think about this case. I do believe Reeva Steencamp was a gold digging, attention seeking glorified prostitute that cheated on Oscar as often as she changed her panties. Did she deserve to die for that? No. Will I miss her? Also a negative. Given that he shot through a door while not wearing his legs seems to back up his story. I'd believe him 100% had it not been Valentine's Day and Reeva's unapologetic cheating. I think you can take 1st degree premeditated murder off the table due to the scene of the crime. Shooting blindly through a shut door is not how a person would plan to kill someone. I'd be OK with a manslaughter or a reckless homicide kind of conviction.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I don't know what to think about this case. I do believe Reeva Steencamp was a gold digging, attention seeking glorified prostitute that cheated on Oscar as often as she changed her panties. Did she deserve to die for that? No. Will I miss her? Also a negative. Given that he shot through a door while not wearing his legs seems to back up his story. I'd believe him 100% had it not been Valentine's Day and Reeva's unapologetic cheating. I think you can take 1st degree premeditated murder off the table due to the scene of the crime. Shooting blindly through a shut door is not how a person would plan to kill someone. I'd be OK with a manslaughter or a reckless homicide kind of conviction.
    I'm only curious, how do you get the idea that Reeva was a gold digger, whore ?
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,671
    The 48 Hours Episode is online at cbs.com

    http://www.cbs.com/shows/48_hours/

    It's interesting, only about the last 15 minutes talks about the parallels between this case and OJ's.
    Morgan

  7. #207
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I'm only curious, how do you get the idea that Reeva was a gold digger, whore ?
    That's the first time I ever heard anything remotely like that

  8. #208
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I'm only curious, how do you get the idea that Reeva was a gold digger, whore ?
    A few reasons. It's cruel but look at him and then look at her. The term "aspiring model" in this kind of context is a clue. He was the most famous person in her country. Her last bf was a rich exporter. She hooked up with him 2 days before she was killed.... a fact that also doesn't look good for Pistorius. But you do have a point. My opinion is just an opinion and could be wrong.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    That's the first time I ever heard anything remotely like that
    Me too....I have heard rumors however of Oscar cheating on his girlfriend to be with Reeva. She claims he cheated on her multiple times and that he kept a gun on him at all times, even sleeping with one under his pillow.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  10. #210
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Me too....I have heard rumors however of Oscar cheating on his girlfriend to be with Reeva. She claims he cheated on her multiple times and that he kept a gun on him at all times, even sleeping with one under his pillow.
    Easier to blame the victim instead of the nasty bastard who killed her I guess.

    I wish someone would just shoot his whiney crying ass.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    A few reasons. It's cruel but look at him and then look at her. The term "aspiring model" in this kind of context is a clue. He was the most famous person in her country. Her last bf was a rich exporter. She hooked up with him 2 days before she was killed.... a fact that also doesn't look good for Pistorius. But you do have a point. My opinion is just an opinion and could be wrong.
    She "hooked up" with him in November

    A tiny itty bit of research would tell you that.


    WTF cares if he is an athlete? He's an abusive murdering douchebag

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    It's been reported that she cheated on Pistorius with her ex just two days before she was murdered. I'm not aware of any proof that they had sexual relations but I believe it's been proven that they did meet for whatever reason.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Goettingen, Germany
    Posts
    4,597
    If cheating was a defense to homicide, the world would be littered with corpses . . . well, more so than it is now.



    You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    I agree. Cheating whore or not she in no way deserved to die.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    If cheating was a defense to homicide, the world would be littered with corpses . . . well, more so than it is now.
    And if I had a dollar for every time someone tried to use it as a defense I'd be rich!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    It's been reported that she cheated on Pistorius with her ex just two days before she was murdered. I'm not aware of any proof that they had sexual relations but I believe it's been proven that they did meet for whatever reason.
    Yes, I did hear that they met, but who knows.....there are some people who are able to, and do, maintain a friendship even after breaking up. As I said, who knows....Oscar comes across as being quite insecure and volatile. IDK.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  17. #217
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Yes, I did hear that they met, but who knows.....there are some people who are able to, and do, maintain a friendship even after breaking up. As I said, who knows....Oscar comes across as being quite insecure and volatile. IDK.
    Funny how when a woman is suspected of cheating she is a "whore"
    But when a man does it there is no issue

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    I can't find anything that would offer proof of her infidelity. All I see is speculation. One might conclude that her motivation be tied to his financial or celebrity status considering the unconventional coupling of a beautiful model and a handicapped man but it could easily be a testament to her depth and willingness to see beyond physical limitations. The very thing used to slander her may actually redeem her reputation.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Funny how when a woman is suspected of cheating she is a "whore"
    But when a man does it there is no issue
    Yep....the double standard continues to be alive and well.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  20. #220
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Was he really such a monster, looks wise? I thought they were a good looking couple. I realize he was an amputee but I always just figured she saw past that and saw more in him. Of course this is just my feeling. I have no more reason that I don't think she was a gold digger than I do think Nicole Brown Simpson was one.


  21. #221
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Was he really such a monster, looks wise? I thought they were a good looking couple. I realize he was an amputee but I always just figured she saw past that and saw more in him. Of course this is just my feeling. I have no more reason that I don't think she was a gold digger than I do think Nicole Brown Simpson was one.
    I thought they were a good looking couple as well.
    As for his being "disabled" he sure never let that stop him from acheiving a hell of a lot.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    I think he's a good looking guy. I can easily see where she could overlook his handicap too. I think women are more likely to see beyond that than men are. Typically anyways. The dividing line I see between Reva and Nicole is the drive for a personal career or accomplishment. And there is a considerable difference between Oscar and O.J. both financially and success wise. I believe it's possible that Reva was in it for publicity or wealth but I don't see it as a probability.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    Reeva had been modeling since early teens, print and commercials both. She was also went to college and graduated in 2005.

    Now she's just dead, and in a tiny WC at that. I feel for her family.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    She "hooked up" with him in November

    A tiny itty bit of research would tell you that.


    WTF cares if he is an athlete? He's an abusive murdering douchebag
    Yeah.... A bit of research of your own would have told you she met him 2 days before she was killed and in November. And probably several other times. I'm guessing she cared he was an athlete because that's how she noticed him and sought him out. Although I think it's more his fame than his athleticism she was interested in. Abusive? Who did he abuse? Was it proven? Murderer? That's up for debate. I don't think it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. As I did say above he should at least be convicted for manslaughter or reckless homicide, and as I also stated above her cheating gold digging ways didn't mean she deserved to die. Douchebag? I agree. Is Lifetime your favorite channel?

  25. #225
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Reeva had been modeling since early teens, print and commercials both. She was also went to college and graduated in 2005.

    Now she's just dead, and in a tiny WC at that. I feel for her family.
    There you go with pesky FACTS

  26. #226
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah.... A bit of research of your own would have told you she met him 2 days before she was killed and in November. And probably several other times. I'm guessing she cared he was an athlete because that's how she noticed him and sought him out. Although I think it's more his fame than his athleticism she was interested in. Abusive? Who did he abuse? Was it proven? Murderer? That's up for debate. I don't think it can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. As I did say above he should at least be convicted for manslaughter or reckless homicide, and as I also stated above her cheating gold digging ways didn't mean she deserved to die. Douchebag? I agree. Is Lifetime your favorite channel?
    So now Valentines day is in November?

    LMAO

  27. #227
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Wow. I'm just gonna shake my head at all that and leave ya to it.

  28. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Kate, Stewart, put each other on Ignore, whatever, but chill out.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  29. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677
    It looks like court is resuming today June 30 after his psychiatric visit.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

  30. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    320
    good grief this trial is still going on......as bad as Jodi arias

  31. #231
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by lynn wilson View Post
    good grief this trial is still going on......as bad as Jodi arias
    But at least with Jodi's long drug out trial we had some good crime scene pics to keep us occupied!! Yes yes I know that's bad, but I do love me some good gory pics....

  32. #232
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    2,825
    I know, I saw it on the news tonight and thought what the hell is taking so long !

  33. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,677

  34. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    1,085
    A "leaked" video shot in Oscar's uncle's house, showing him reenacting the night of the murder, on his stumps and with prosthetics.

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=24450652

    It's strange to see him running around on his stumps. It definitely hampers his motion, but he's not nearly as helpless as I'd thought.
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

  35. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    A "leaked" video shot in Oscar's uncle's house, showing him reenacting the night of the murder, on his stumps and with prosthetics.

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=24450652



    It's strange to see him running around on his stumps. It definitely hampers his motion, but he's not nearly as helpless as I'd thought.
    Agreed. I didnt think he could get around that well! I really hope this fake-ass cryer, prick goes to prison

  36. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,882
    What really makes his story fall apart to me is the fact that he deliberately made the room dark. If you and your lover have been in bed together then you know they are there, the "I didn't see her" bit doesn't make sense to me especially if you are walking on your stumps (which he can do), you are all over that bedroom and you don't see your girlfriend laying in bed? also what kind of intruder hides in the bathroom?

    article-2281505-1812D800000005DC-14_634x534.jpg

  37. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,653
    Man, this story just keeps dragging on...

  38. #238
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf coast of FL
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    A "leaked" video shot in Oscar's uncle's house, showing him reenacting the night of the murder, on his stumps and with prosthetics.

    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=24450652

    It's strange to see him running around on his stumps. It definitely hampers his motion, but he's not nearly as helpless as I'd thought.
    I want to look at this and yet I don't...

  39. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    I want to look at this and yet I don't...
    I had to watch it. It's ridiculous to say the least. When is the verdict coming for this case anyway?

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  40. #240
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf coast of FL
    Posts
    627
    Okay, so I watched it. What the hell are those extensions at the end of his stumps? Regardless, he doesn't look very vulnerable to me. He moves pretty well on those things.

  41. #241
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    Okay, so I watched it. What the hell are those extensions at the end of his stumps? Regardless, he doesn't look very vulnerable to me. He moves pretty well on those things.
    I don't know but that's weird. I thought he had nothing below the knees, but according to that video he has a good 8 inches or more bone below the knee. Weird.

  42. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,671
    Well, I found an explanation, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Thousands of amputees have legs that end at the knee. Guess it was the Doctor's idea.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...man-on-no-legs

    "Pistorius was born with a rare deformity of the legs - his feet contained only two toes, the heel bone and a bone to connect the toes and the heel together...

    The surgeon would attach his heel bones to his knees so that they would form stumps for Oscar to move around."
    Morgan

  43. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    Okay, so I watched it. What the hell are those extensions at the end of his stumps? Regardless, he doesn't look very vulnerable to me. He moves pretty well on those things.
    Exactly

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  44. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Should be a verdict on this case either today or tomorrow. Both sides doing final arguments now.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  45. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,379
    It's kind of up in the air to see what will happen.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  46. #246
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    I hope the bastard goes down for it

  47. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Prosecutions closing was a ripper. Accused him of having three stories, and highlighted how the story morphed each time when he was caught out in a lie, or the story stretched credibility. Defense has their work cut out. Verdict today I hear.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  48. #248
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,463
    There's really no telling. Only 2 people know the truth and one of them is dead. I don't know if I should hope for guilt or innocence. I just hope whatever the verdict is it's the right one.

  49. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,653
    I hope nobody is holding their breath. According to this article the judge said she will announce her verdict on September 11th. WTF?

    http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/...l-witness-live
    Last edited by Upset; 08-08-2014 at 12:49 PM.

  50. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    2,825
    WTF is right ! That is a month from now, she needs 4 weeks to think about it ? It's all about keeping people interested and on the edge of their seats. She's a media whore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •