Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Hardy

Tom Hardy

I suppose you could call him an up and coming actor but whatever you call him I really like this guy and his style of acting he seems so down to earth and relatable so before I start rambling about how attractive I think he is and how much I like him as an actor I'll list the movies that he's done that I've seen and that most people should be familiar with

1st - Star Trek: Nemesis '02

2nd - The Reckoning '03 (I'm not 100% sure I saw this one or not)

3rd - Marie Antoinette '06 (I don't remember his part in this)

4th - Wuthering Heights '09 (Of the versions that I've seen this one is by far the best)

5th - Inception '10 (I loved this movie for everyone in it and the idea behind it, it's just awesome)

6th - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy '11 (This movie to be honest bored me to death it was way to slow and drawn out)

7th - Warrior '11 (This was an interesting movie but had some slow parts)

8th - This Means War '12 (To be honest this wasn't a half bad movie but I was rooting for Hardy more then Pine, Pine's character was just a complete ass)

9th - Lawless '12 (This was an interesting movie as well and I kind of liked it but thought it was sad)

10th - The Dark Knight Rises '12 (This of course is another movie that no one couldn't know and even though he played a villain I still liked his character even if people made fun of the fact they thought his character's voice was to deep)

So there is my imput what does everyone else like, and do you think he's a good actor?
    I'm not crazy I'm just creatively insane!

I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan! The first thing I saw that made me love his acting was Rocknrolla, and he was also great in Bronson! I on the other hand adored Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

"Stuart a life backwards" is a really good film, I have followed Tom since he was in Band of Brothers he has done some good tv over here in the UK as well he has been my favourite actor for years it's so good to see him achieving what he has so far

Bronson and Warrior. Frigging awesome.

Don't waste your time, embrace it

​Goddamn Electric - Pantera

Lawless, TDKR and Wuthering Heights are my favorite Tom Hardy roles. He made a wonderful Heathcliff.

I have seen him in Sweeny Todd with Ray Winstone playing Sweeny very good movie,,he plays a police constable

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan! The first thing I saw that made me love his acting was Rocknrolla, and he was also great in Bronson! I on the other hand adored Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
    I've haven't seen Rocknrolla or Bronson yet, oh I'm sorry to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by madeline View Post
    Lawless, TDKR and Wuthering Heights are my favorite Tom Hardy roles. He made a wonderful Heathcliff.
    I completely agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    I've haven't seen Rocknrolla or Bronson yet, oh I'm sorry to each their own
    No need to be sorry! I am glad people have differing opinions on films - love to see opinions either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    No need to be sorry! I am glad people have differing opinions on films - love to see opinions either way.
    So do I

I love Tom Hardy, he is a great actor an also very nice to look at it (or drool over in my case). I loved him as Bane and I loved his sarcasticness in Inception.
    RIP Simon North my best friend gone but never forgotten 07/05/1979 - 09/06/2011

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    I love Tom Hardy, he is a great actor an also very nice to look at it (or drool over in my case). I loved him as Bane and I loved his sarcasticness in Inception.
    I don't normally drool over an actor but I've got to say Tom Hardy is worthy of that lol I don't know what it is but there's something special about him just head to foot pure sexiness

This has the potential to be fucking brilliant...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27830233

_75509616_75497895.jpg

Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post

_75509616_75497895.jpg
    This looks awesome! I can't wait to see it Tom Hardy is such a great and brilliant actor very himself and down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post

_75509616_75497895.jpg
    I forgot to ask it's going to be a movie right? Or a show?

I forgot to ask it's going to be a movie right? Or a show?
    A movie, I believe.

<3
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

I haven't been here in a long while but I've definitely been keeping up with his career I can't wait to see Taboo

I haven't been here in a long while but I've definitely been keeping up with his career I can't wait to see Taboo
    I loved it but then I love everything that Tom's in, I even watched him do the CBeebies bedtime story he was on here in the UK even though my niece and nephew are too old for it now. As for Taboo, there were some hmm bits and took me an episode or two to get into it but on the whole it was a really good show and even thought it was billed as Tom's show, the whole cast put in great performances.
    Last edited by shellc; 05-21-2017 at 04:56 PM.

After the first couple of episodes I really got into the show, everyone was excellent. I've seen Legend about five times now, he was absolutely brilliant in that film. He's still in the running for the next James Bond, I would pick him over Tom Hiddleston ,I lost respect for that one after he dated Taylor Swift ! LOL
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I loved it but then I love everything that Tom's in, I even watched him do the CBeebies bedtime story he was on here in the UK even though my niece and nephew are too old for it now. As for Taboo, there were some hmm bits and took me an episode or two to get into it but on the whole it was a really good show and even thought it was billed as Tom's show, the whole cast put in great performances.
    The show is pretty short right? Oh I love the bedtime story stuff he did lol and yes I believe it is his show he came up with the whole show the idea behind it I guess you could say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    After the first couple of episodes I really got into the show, everyone was excellent. I've seen Legend about five times now, he was absolutely brilliant in that film. He's still in the running for the next James Bond, I would pick him over Tom Hiddleston ,I lost respect for that one after he dated Taylor Swift ! LOL
    He was brilliant in Legend wasn't he I'd agree with you there He would be pretty awesome as James Bond! "I lost respect for that one after he dated Taylor Swift!" LOL!

He would be a really good James Bond IMO. He's one of those actors who could play anything and it would be believable and he has proved it with the amount of different roles he has done. When I first heard he was gonna play Heathcliff, I went hmm but he was really good and I knew he could do the Krays as I saw him in a show called The Take which was adapted by a Martina Cole book. He played a real bad guy in it who made Bane look like Barbie. It's a hard show to watch because of some of the content but if you haven't seen it and you are a fan, it's worth looking for.

As for Tom, I didn't think he could play JB even before the Taylor crap that went down. It was a showmance to get him some more exposure but it backfired and did the exact opposite because as the producers say, James is supposed to be manly and take no crap yet Tom was jumping around in waves wearing that top. What makes it worse is he's blaming not getting the part on Taylor all but saying he was coerced into it. I'm not her biggest fan but he's old enough to know the score and was willing to play along when he thought there was something in it for him. Maybe if he didn't lie about his own love live, he wouldn't have that trouble.

The show is pretty short right? Oh I love the bedtime story stuff he did lol and yes I believe it is his show he came up with the whole show the idea behind it I guess you could say?
    It has eight episodes and there are so many plot lines, you think they will never be finished but by the end, everything is tied up. I actually didn't know it was based on his and his dad's book until he did an interview. One thing he did do was make sure all the characters were fleshed out and while he did have the main plot, the others got enough screen time too.

I've seen The Take, one of the best crime thrillers I have seen. I agree with you about Hiddleston, his name was brought up as Bond before the TS thing. He's just not right for the part. Hardy can bring class and swagger to the role like Daniel Craig has.

I've seen The Take, one of the best crime thrillers I have seen. I agree with you about Hiddleston, his name was brought up as Bond before the TS thing. He's just not right for the part. Hardy can bring class and swagger to the role like Daniel Craig has.
    Like I said, I found it hard to watch. Without giving it away to those who haven't seen it, the ending was a surprise but it's the only way it could have played out after what happened and it shows how good an actor he is...they all were because you forget they was just acting in it. Another name often mentioned about JB is Idris Elba but many think he won't get the part because of his colour but that won't be the excuse that is used. It's a shame if it's true because after watching him in Luther, I think he could do the part justice .

Speaking of Tom, I've just read he has set up a fund page for what happened in Manchester and the proceeds will go to the Red Cross.

Like I said, I found it hard to watch. Without giving it away to those who haven't seen it, the ending was a surprise but it's the only way it could have played out after what happened and it shows how good an actor he is...they all were because you forget they was just acting in it. Another name often mentioned about JB is Idris Elba but many think he won't get the part because of his colour but that won't be the excuse that is used. It's a shame if it's true because after watching him in Luther, I think he could do the part justice .

Speaking of Tom, I've just read he has set up a fund page for what happened in Manchester and the proceeds will go to the Red Cross.
    That's so true about The Take I thought the same thing when I was watching it I'd never seem Tom Hardy do such a hard gritty almost evil part before and Idris Elba would make a great James Bond if he didn't get the part due to his color I think that's just wrong and a crock of shit if he's the best man for the part/job he should get it no matter the color of his skin

And Hardy always seemed/seems to have a big heart to me that's great <3

Also outstanding in dual role of Kray brothers in Legend.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Also outstanding in dual role of Kray brothers in Legend.

Yes he was

Yeah, I don't want to spoil it for others either. Once I got into it, you have to see what's coming next. It's disturbing, but brilliant. I loved Luther, Idris owned that part. He won't get the Bond role, which is a shame, he would take it to another level. I will be curious to what excuse they will use for this. Back to Tom, what a kind and giving guy. Bless him.

One day I was searching for Tom Hardy interviews on YouTube and I found this it's so funny and cute I love it lol considering Tom and Charlotte are now married

And I also found these where he raps it was interesting considering I thought he only acted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ_X...tTQlvAf38-F8TB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LY5...tTQlvAf38-F8TB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNl...tTQlvAf38-F8TB

I don't think anyone has mentioned The Virgin Queen, Oliver Twist, The Drop, and Child 44 they were all pretty good I saw Locke and even though I like Hardy alot I was really bored with that one Mad Max was pretty good too I'm interested in seeing if they make a follow up to it The Revenant was kinda hard to watch normally I don't have a problem with violence but that movie was just different I think the next movie coming out of his is Dunkirk I'm looking forward to it

I've seen the trailer for Dunkirk, it looks pretty amazing.

I've seen the trailer for Dunkirk, it looks pretty amazing.
    This is going to be a stupid question but they showed the English in boats and on the beach but they showed and talked about/implied the Germany's in the airplanes and then showed Hardy in an airplane so the stupid question is, is he going to be playing an English soldier or Germany soldier? I assumed when I heard he was going to be in the movie he was going to be an English soldier but the trailer confused me

They only give his last name in the IMDB credits for the film and it is Farrier. And that is of British origin. Which I had to look up ! LOL In checking out the rest of the cast listings the lesser known actors are playing either British or French soldiers. No mention of anyone playing German soldiers.

They only give his last name in the IMDB credits for the film and it is Farrier. And that is of British origin. Which I had to look up ! LOL In checking out the rest of the cast listings the lesser known actors are playing either British or French soldiers. No mention of anyone playing German soldiers.
    Hm..ok thank you odd that they don't give more information then that

In reading more about the film it sounds like it will be told from a British perspective, the British and their Allied troops banding together as the enemy closes in. Can't wait to see this one.

In reading more about the film it sounds like it will be told from a British perspective, the British and their Allied troops banding together as the enemy closes in. Can't wait to see this one.
    Ok yeah I'm looking forward to seeing it too

Ok yeah I'm looking forward to seeing it too
    I was sorta iffy because of Harry Styles. The way the magazine's were going, they were making out he was gonna have a huge role but it seems it's more of a supporting part. The main character will be played by a young actor called Fionn Whitehead who I watched on a show over here in the UK a few months ago called Him. With him in it as well as James D'Arcy, Cillian Murphy and of course Tom, it does look like it's got a really good cast.
    Last edited by shellc; 06-06-2017 at 06:14 PM.

That's where I know Him from ! LOL He was really good in that, I tuned in for Katherine Kelly and James Murray. But Fionn was very impressive, a talent to watch for sure.

I was sorta iffy because of Harry Styles. The way the magazine's were going, they were making out he was gonna have a huge role but it seems it's more of a supporting part. The main character will be played by a young actor called Fionn Whitehead who I watched on a show over here in the UK a few months ago called Him. With him in it as well as James D'Arcy, Cillian Murphy and of course Tom, it does look like it's got a really good cast.
    Oh I completely forgot Harry Styles was in it lol

The review is in for Dunkirk, can't wait to see this !! http://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertai...e-d1f553209f76

The review is in for Dunkirk, can't wait to see this !! http://nationalpost.com/pmn/entertai...e-d1f553209f76
    My worries about it being all about Harry were unfounded. Seemingly he does have a decent part but not huge and does well with what he has. From what I heard so far it seems it will be an ensemble film with no one person getting the lead and everyone getting a chance to shine.

That's cool that everyone gets some action, that truly makes it an ensemble piece. They are already talking Oscar for the film and Nolan.

If anyone's interested Tom is doing one last Bedtime Story for Cbeebies on the 26 August.

It will coincide with National Dog Day and his story will be a tribute to Woody his dog who died a few months ago. It was seemingly filmed last year though so Woody will be in it with him and the story will be Fleabag which is about the relationship about a dog and his pet. I think anyone who watches it is gonna need some tissues handy.
    Last edited by shellc; 08-08-2017 at 06:45 AM.

If anyone's interested Tom is doing one last Bedtime Story for Cbeebies on the 26 August.

It will coincide with National Dog Day and his story will be a tribute to Woody his dog who died a few months ago. It was seemingly filmed last year though so Woody will be in it with him and the story will be Fleabag which is about the relationship about a dog and his pet. I think anyone who watches it is gonna need some tissues handy.
    I'm not from the UK and I always have trouble finding the Cbeebies videos I'm kinda embarrassed to say I know of them but I've seen like small clips online and on YouTube and other videos of other actors doing them on YouTube but can rarely find Tom's can anyone help me is there an actual YouTube account for them? Or an easy way to find the videos?

You can try the bbc iplayer but you will probably have to use a proxy site to get it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbeebie...uggid=b00jdlm2

You can try the bbc iplayer but you will probably have to use a proxy site to get it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbeebie...uggid=b00jdlm2
    I'm not very computer/online savvy I only know a little but basically how would I go about using a proxy site if I need it?

I use kproxy.com but there are others to chose from, just remember if they ask you to select location, click UK. When you are on the proxy site, all you do is type in the url I posted in my previous message into the search bar and it should send you to the bedtime stories page then just select the one you want. A good thing is they have the old ones on it as well so if you did miss any then you should be able to catch up. One thing is they take a bit of time to be loaded onto the site after being shown. It's on at 18.50 UK time so that means it will probably be up about 9.30 at the latest.

I use kproxy.com but there are others to chose from, just remember if they ask you to select location, click UK. When you are on the proxy site, all you do is type in the url I posted in my previous message into the search bar and it should send you to the bedtime stories page then just select the one you want. A good thing is they have the old ones on it as well so if you did miss any then you should be able to catch up. One thing is they take a bit of time to be loaded onto the site after being shown. It's on at 18.50 UK time so that means it will probably be up about 9.30 at the latest.
    Oh ok thank you I appreciate it