Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 213

Thread: Who swings which way or both?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,895

    Who swings which way or both?

    [SIZE=3]Personally I don’t care what way one swings. However I am curious. I remember finding out about Rock Hudson. I heard that rumor in 1966 and never believed it. Then Jim Nabors & Burt Reynolds and the list goes on. Now I hear Helen Hunt eats at the Y as well. I wouldn’t blame her, I like women as well. Anyway, what's the scoop on old Burt and Gomer? T/F [/SIZE]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    462
    I've always heard that Gomer pitched for the other team. No biggie, though. I've never heard that about Burt. I've always considered him to much off an asshole to women to think about the fact he might be an asshole to men, too. I'm a fan of his, but he seems like a real dick. Has anyone met him?

    Helen Hunt was engaged for a while to Hank Azaria, which means nothing of course. He's a voice on the Simpsons. Didn't she have a kid by herself? I mean, artificially inseminated?

    Have you read about Cynthia Nixon? (Sex and/In the City chick; I always forget what it is). She left her dude for a woman. Whatever floats her boat. And so did Lou Diamond Phillips wife (left him for Melissa Etheridge). I think she may be dating a man again. And don't get me started on Anne Heche. Ugh. She is such a freeloading heffer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Amen!
    peek-a-boo!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,895

    Talking Wow!

    Now that's what I love to hear. The down and dirty.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    As I've said before, Burt has MANY secrets and many friends of undetermined sexual orientation. Charles Nelson Reilly, Robby Benson, Dom Deluise, Jim Nabors ,Dinah Shore have been friends of his and all either gay or rumored to be. I do not know if Burt is gay, but there have been rumors for years. Personally, I never cared for the ultra macho, hairy chested manly man image. He always seemed so cartoonish that I figured he was playing up a gay stereotype or overcompensating for something. He also has the reputatation of smacking his women around (ask Judy Carne)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    As far as Helen Hunt, she got married and had a kid a couple years ago. On the gossip websites though it is known as the Helen Hunt zone of gayosity. Almost all of her boyfriends have been rumored to be gay. She and Hank Azaria were married briefly and he is rumored to have had a relationship with Matthew Perry. She and Helen Slater are best friends and Helen used to date Eric Stolz. There's lots more in the zone but I'll have to remember.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Robby Benson is gay!? But, he was in Ice Castles!
    peek-a-boo!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
    I've always heard that Gomer pitched for the other team. No biggie, though. I've never heard that about Burt. I've always considered him to much off an asshole to women to think about the fact he might be an asshole to men, too. I'm a fan of his, but he seems like a real dick. Has anyone met him?

    Helen Hunt was engaged for a while to Hank Azaria, which means nothing of course. He's a voice on the Simpsons. Didn't she have a kid by herself? I mean, artificially inseminated?

    Have you read about Cynthia Nixon? (Sex and/In the City chick; I always forget what it is). She left her dude for a woman. Whatever floats her boat. And so did Lou Diamond Phillips wife (left him for Melissa Etheridge). I think she may be dating a man again. And don't get me started on Anne Heche. Ugh. She is such a freeloading heffer.
    Hunt was married to Hank Azaria from 1999 until 2000. She has been in a relationship with Mathew Carnahan since 2001 and they have a daughter, Makena'lei Gordon Carnahan, born in 2004. She might be bi but who knows?
    [SIZE=1]“[SIZE=2]Dream as if you'll live forever,
    live as if you'll die today.
    [/SIZE]”[/SIZE]
    James Dean

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,535
    reputatation of smacking his women around (ask Judy Carne)....
    Can't, she's dead.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,895

    This gets better

    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    As I've said before, Burt has MANY secrets and many friends of undetermined sexual orientation. Charles Nelson Reilly, Robby Benson, Dom Deluise, Jim Nabors ,Dinah Shore have been friends of his and all either gay or rumored to be. I do not know if Burt is gay, but there have been rumors for years. Personally, I never cared for the ultra macho, hairy chested manly man image. He always seemed so cartoonish that I figured he was playing up a gay stereotype or overcompensating for something. He also has the reputatation of smacking his women around (ask Judy Carne)
    This is a mind blower! Well I think all people can be bi by nature. One only has to look at prison to prove it out. It depends on where life puts you. If I ever went to the joint, for life with no way out, I'd look for the best looking guy in the place. No one can say until they've been in others shoes. If I were a woman who had been beat to hell, I wouldn't let a man touch me again.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    Can't, she's dead.....
    Judy is apparently still alive and well living in Northampton
    [SIZE=1]“[SIZE=2]Dream as if you'll live forever,
    live as if you'll die today.
    [/SIZE]”[/SIZE]
    James Dean

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,535
    Sorry....call me Ms Misinformed

  13. #13
    No problem, that is what wiki is for.
    [SIZE=1]“[SIZE=2]Dream as if you'll live forever,
    live as if you'll die today.
    [/SIZE]”[/SIZE]
    James Dean

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Robby Benson is gay!? But, he was in Ice Castles!
    Robby Benson used to be THE MAN. Don't know if he is actually gay but there have been rumors from the beginning. Wayne Newton is another of Burts friends whose sexuality has been questioned. Wayne claims that he threatened to kick Johnny Carson's ass for the gay jokes. Yeah right!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,085
    My brother is in the gay-bear community.

    While the mainstream gay community may consider Liza, Judy and Babs as their icons, ah not the bears as they consider Burt Reynolds, Bill Goldberg and Richard Karn as theirs.

    While San Francisco may be America's "gay city" for the bears its Columbus, Ohio and the bears have their own porn, bars, and even their own version of the gay pride flag.

    Anyway, my brother was telling awhile back that one bear group in the midwest actually picked Richard Karn as "bear of the year" and Karn actually attended the event to judge a bear "beauty contest". I looked about this online and turned up nothing. I wonder if my brother heard some bad info.

    I do remember back in the 90s hearing about some magazine offered Goldberg money to pose nude for them ( and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bear mag ) but I think its a safe bet to say he never did.

    However my brother years ago did show me a pic that appeared in American Bear magazine of a bear party from the late 1980s. Guess who was in that pic? Vic Tayback !!!!

    Good ole Mel Sharples from Alice !! Sitting at a table, smoking a cigar with other bears. Yet according to IMDB, tayback was married for nearly 28 years, all the way to the day he died. Maybe he went as a joke or maybe he did go both ways. I don't know. Either way Tayback could have very easily pass himself off as a bear.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Mel! A bear!? Oh, stow it dingy! Just playing with you. Remember: Judy, Liza, Barbara, Bette, these are names we shant forget!
    peek-a-boo!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,875
    Vic Tayback!!! I have to see that to believe it. Was he wearing his little cook hat? haha

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    And holding his spatula?
    peek-a-boo!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    462
    I love Mel Sharples. Under all that grease, he had a heart of gold. And if you don't believe it you can KISS MY GRITS. STOW IT! Ha! That is too funny!

    Okay, so what is this "bear" thing? A big, burly man who is gay? I learn something new every day.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Stick with us and you'll learn things you NEVER wanted to know!
    peek-a-boo!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,875
    I was wondering that myself? Whats a bear?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dust Bowl
    Posts
    10,212
    And an apron with nothing else on?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Detroit MI
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Robby Benson used to be THE MAN. Don't know if he is actually gay but there have been rumors from the beginning. Wayne Newton is another of Burts friends whose sexuality has been questioned. Wayne claims that he threatened to kick Johnny Carson's ass for the gay jokes. Yeah right!
    Wayne Newton is something Scary lately!! His attitude seems genuine...but my god...he's got money...he couldn't go to Dr. 90210 for the face??? He actually looks like the walking dead to me!!

    Didn't Burt Reynolds smack around Loni Anderson too? Thus the divorce.

    Wow, I've learned alot in the thread!!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Okay...a bear is (in the gay vernacular) a big hairy man that is usually into leather. Help me my fellow deviants if I've forgotten anything.
    peek-a-boo!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,875
    Ah! I see em all the time when I got to concerts in SF. There is a awesome gay bar called The Eagle there. I didnt know it was gay till after I ordered my beer. I felt like Pee Wee Herman in the biker bar scene! haha

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    162

    Burt Reynolds

    I met Burt a few years ago. I worked briefly for his publicist and attended a screening on the Paramount lot for the (bad) comedy Without a Paddle. Reynolds showed up with a small entourage and we hung out outside the theater for about 15 minutes before the film started. Mind you I am a HUGE fan of Boogie Nights, so I was really hoping to get introduced.

    Finally, the publicist grabbed me and introduced me to Burt and then walked away, so I got to have a one-on-one conversation with him for a few minutes. I immediately started gushing about his performance in Boogie Nights (never know if that's the right direction to take with a celeb) and told him he should have won the Oscar for it.

    He was REALLY NICE. He mentioned that he'd won the Golden Globe and the New York Film Critics award for that film, and that 2 out of 3 wasn't bad. He also said that BN was a bitch to get made. To be honest, he was very "grandfatherly." I left with the impression that he was a nice guy.

    I'm always suspect when people say they met someone and that they thought they were a jerk. If you met me on a bad day you'd probably think I was an asshole too.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2red View Post
    Judy is apparently still alive and well living in Northampton
    Sounds like she is just down the road from me, do you want me to pop by and ask? lol

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Robby Benson is gay!? But, he was in Ice Castles!
    I just watched his lowrider movie over the weekend, "Walk Proud". Can you say "cheesy"?

    I heard he was married to the woman who sang back-up vocals for Meat Loaf. He was also the Beast's voice in Disney's "Beauty & The Beast".

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    54
    This surprised me... he seems so hetero...

    http://www.nndb.com/people/968/000084716/
    .
    I think I swallowed a bug.
    .

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Okay...a bear is (in the gay vernacular) a big hairy man that is usually into leather. Help me my fellow deviants if I've forgotten anything.
    A Bear is from what I understand nothing more than a gay man sporting a lot of body and/or facial hair and often the guys have a few extra pounds. Even though there are younger "bears" known as "cubs", most bears are guys in their 30s and older. The leather part is really just a small part of it.

    From what my brother was telling me, the "bear movement" is really nothing more than to show the world that there are gay men out there who aren't toned, slim, and hairless ( like the characters on Queer as Folk ) and they don't fit into typical gay stereotype.

    Also many gay bars for years ( not all of course, but many did do this ), if a guy was overweight or if they had beard and chest hair, a lot of times they were not allowed to come in, only the "beautiful guys" ( those who looked like they should be in an issue of GQ ) could enter or if the overweight/hairy guys do enter they were treated second class. That is the reason why ( according to my brother ) the "bears" have their own bars.

    In the pic of Vic Tayback that I saw, he was wearing a suit ( looked real nice ) chatting with other guys. All of them smoking cigars. It was a very normal pic. American Bear went out of business back in 2006 ( one key reason I heard was due to Clear Channel Radio or some big media company
    getting upset over some pics the magazine had published of some radio disc jockey ). However there a few bear websites Imy brother was telling me are selling some back issues of that magazine.

    I would imagine the issue with Tayback could still be bought, but for those expecting to see Mel Sharples decked out in leather playing daddybear would be very disappointed.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NoHo Arts District-L.A.
    Posts
    5,757
    Very well put!
    peek-a-boo!!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    If I'm not mistaken though, just because someone is an icon doesn't mean they are gay. I often read the Advocate. I'm not gay but there are usually good articles about the entertainment business and they are often very gushy about certain straights who they love. I know nothing about Vic Tayback outside of Alice so either he was gay or so secure and good natured that he could hang with the gays. I know absolutely nothing about the bears other than I knew they existed.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    Wayne Newton is something Scary lately!! His attitude seems genuine...but my god...he's got money...he couldn't go to Dr. 90210 for the face??? He actually looks like the walking dead to me!!
    I just him on TV and thought what the hell! Now I know where Kenny Rogers face went.



    Wow, I've learned alot in the thread!!
    Me as well. I didn't know what a bear was in that use.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Over at the Frankenstein Place
    Posts
    525
    [SIZE=3]There's a website nndb.com that has a lot of typical and not so typical info on celebs and other famous people. For whatever reason they decided to add sexual orientation on some. Don't know their intentions, sources or accuracy of information but it's there in case you want to have a look.

    Just have to say...Robby Benson - regardless of what his personal tastes might be - always gave me the willies for some reason. I think he missed his calling as a horror film star.
    [/SIZE]
    I'm not evil - I'm just drawn that way!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    [SIZE=3]There's a website nndb.com that has a lot of typical and not so typical info on celebs and other famous people. For whatever reason they decided to add sexual orientation on some. Don't know their intentions, sources or accuracy of information but it's there in case you want to have a look.

    Just have to say...Robby Benson - regardless of what his personal tastes might be - always gave me the willies for some reason. I think he missed his calling as a horror film star.
    [/SIZE]
    That site was started by the guys from Rotten though I wish there were reference notes because I'd like to know the source of their info.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavros View Post
    This surprised me... he seems so hetero...

    http://www.nndb.com/people/968/000084716/

    Tell me it's not true!


    My Sweet George Feb 25 1943 - November 29 2001
    Many thanks to IHTT for my FAB signature!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Over at the Frankenstein Place
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    That site was started by the guys from Rotten though I wish there were reference notes because I'd like to know the source of their info.
    That's right, they do have links to Rotten for some...I guess there were some people they actually couldn't dig up anything on. At least, nothing worth tossing around.
    I'm not evil - I'm just drawn that way!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    That site was started by the guys from Rotten though I wish there were reference notes because I'd like to know the source of their info.
    Rotten.com used to be should a great website a few years back. That's were I copied my Chris Farley death pics from!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,494
    I personally don't care which way a person swings as long as that person is good.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Clapham
    Posts
    91
    Here in SW4, the question isn't who IS batting for both sides, but who ISN'T!
    Post count doesn't matter.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    Sounds like she is just down the road from me, do you want me to pop by and ask? lol
    Sure pop over and say Hi, have some tea for me.
    [SIZE=1]“[SIZE=2]Dream as if you'll live forever,
    live as if you'll die today.
    [/SIZE]”[/SIZE]
    James Dean

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
    Posts
    8,359
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    Can't, she's dead.....

    Nope she's still around.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Carne
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.



  43. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Robby Benson is gay!? But, he was in Ice Castles!
    PLEASE....don't let this feeling end.....
    unless you can offer some proof about my
    "to do wish list"
    George Clooney
    Brad Pitt
    Antonio Banderas
    Brendan Frasier
    Edward Norton
    there will be others....but then I come to my senses, look over my shoulder at the man in my life...and hum, "merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily; life is but a dream"

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,446
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Okay...a bear is (in the gay vernacular) a big hairy man that is usually into leather. Help me my fellow deviants if I've forgotten anything.
    Always glad to give a sister a hand, so to speak.
    bears=typically LARGE hairy men
    cubs=typically smaller hairy men
    otters=typically lean who may or may not sport facial hair
    wolves=typically lean, mean & aggressive
    this concludes another lesson in gay culture
    ~if I've provided misinformation, I apologize, but I have done the BEST possible research into this subject matter as I possibly can!~

  45. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    PLEASE....don't let this feeling end.....
    unless you can offer some proof about my
    "to do wish list"
    George Clooney
    Brad Pitt
    Antonio Banderas
    Brendan Frasier
    Edward Norton
    there will be others....but then I come to my senses, look over my shoulder at the man in my life...and hum, "merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily; life is but a dream"
    I've got some Clooney dirt from some not so blind items in the gossip world. Apparently major into the kinky stuff. S and M, Likes to eat poo, shares hookers with Leonardo di Caprio. Not interested in real relationships and will usually hire an escort for red carpet events. Probably not bi.

    Brendan Fraser-possibly bi. There have been rumors for a long time but no prooof.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    3,270
    Angelina swings both ways....damn I wish she'd swing my way!

  47. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    627
    Possibly Penelope Cruz. Tends to be connected with actors who maybe gaybe like Tom Cruise, Matthew McConnaghey and rumored to have been intimate with Salma Hayek but they seem to have had a falling out.

    And Robert Downey Jr. admits to being bi but is currently married to a woman. The suit he wore to his wedding was so gay that even Carson Cressley would have told him to butch it up, though. Robert even discussed his ensemble in one of my women's magazines.
    Last edited by candleinthewind; 10-12-2007 at 07:05 AM.

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Estacada, Oregon (relocating back to Central Texas in May/June 2011
    Posts
    30
    I remember hearing that Olivia Newton John was a "sister of Sapho" but I am not sure...But that rumor about her is still around today....
    I drank WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?- Socrates

  49. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    214
    If anyone watches It's Always Sunny in Philadelpia......the episode titled "The Gang Sells Out" has a great scene, they are asking questions to a gay man about bears, etc. really funny stuff.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,895

    Great post! I had no clue it was so complex

    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Always glad to give a sister a hand, so to speak.
    bears=typically LARGE hairy men
    cubs=typically smaller hairy men
    otters=typically lean who may or may not sport facial hair
    wolves=typically lean, mean & aggressive
    this concludes another lesson in gay culture
    ~if I've provided misinformation, I apologize, but I have done the BEST possible research into this subject matter as I possibly can!~
    I love learning about new culture. Now if I can find out what a tenor is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •