Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker

Correction, they are still filming. Paul was shooting the movie last week.

http://www.toofab.com/2013/11/30/pau...ersal-studios/
    Last edited by SRVFan; 11-30-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Heath Ledger dying didn't stop "The Dark Knight" from being released.

Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    Really, do cars explode when they catch on fire? I almost want to say I think those guys in the Facebook video could have helped since it looked fairly soon after the crash? It seemed odd to see and hear them say to go away. Who doesn't get out and try to help? Who watches and wants to run away at the same time? That's disturbing. My faith in humanity just sank a bit watching that. Weaklings. Dang, that's some harsh shit, man. RIP Paul Walker. Loved his movies, but that's just so bizarre and very sad.
    OMG! Seriously, I watched the video and I was yelling "get out of the car and help them you effers!" I couldn't believe they waited to long to actually stop and get out of the car. They only did once they saw someone else walk over to the wreck. SMH...
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Heath Ledger dying didn't stop "The Dark Knight" from being released.
    Or the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Yes cars can explode once on fire. The people were probably smart by not going near the car. They had no protection at all, and most likely, the guys were already dead anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Or the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
    True, I forgot about it.

"Wagon's East" still came out after John Candy died.

I don't think there's anything anyone could do at that point in the video. With the car engulfed in flames like that and not having any personal protective gear like a trained professional, if they'd tried they would have gotten themselves burned. I imagine the heat alone would have kept them from getting too close to the car. I seriously doubt they were able to be helped at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    Sorry for the double posts, but wow, look at this video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=184281388434077

Does it look like shadow moving at around 0.25?
    Shit, I can only hope they did die straight away and didn't suffer through that and feel it, my god I can't believe it.
    r.i.p both the poor guys

Here is a video from a guy on FB. He is about as close to the wreck as possible. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=184281388434077

Sorry for the double posts, but wow, look at this video

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=184281388434077
    Wow indeed! Great find, SRVFan.

Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    Here is a video from a guy on FB. He is about as close to the wreck as possible. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=184281388434077
    I can't get anything on facebook to come up at all right now. The site hasn't been responding, at least for me, for the last four hours. :-( Guess I'll try again later today.
    There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same: only love. ~ Don Juan De Marco

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    I can't get anything on facebook to come up at all right now. The site hasn't been responding, at least for me, for the last four hours. :-( Guess I'll try again later today.
    Priyncis, let me try embedding the video directly from YouTube:

Link to video implying there was another car involved:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...scene.cnn.html

From the pictures, I cannot tell which end of the car is which, other than it is wrapped around a tree.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

It looks like the front end of the car, wrapped wrapped around the tree.

The guy he was with/who was driving, owned a car customization shop, and was a former race car driver. It said they had met while racing together, last year.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/12/01/...r-roger-rodas/

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/12/ro...ash-dead-dies/

In this report, one witness said that Paul was the actual driver:
    http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/2...th-rip-photos/
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 12-01-2013 at 06:04 AM.

A fast and furious death...

Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

These ones always hit ya in the gut, regardless of if you were a fan or not. So unexpected. Just hope they were knocked out. Glad to not hear screaming, but damn good video.

From the amount of debris scattered I'm assuming they were already pretty fucked. I would think there is a good chance neither suffered. It's impossible to say at this point. I can say they were likely dead before that video was ever rolling though. I liked PW in a few movies. His acting was a bit offbeat and unique. But luckily they didn't kill any innocent bystanders with this foolishness. It's very selfish to drive like that in a populated area. Another Darwin award won IMO.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Paul Walker seemed like such a down to Earth guy who never got caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle. He was amazing in all the Fast ans Furious movies. Its just so ironic that he dies in a fiery crash in real life after filming so many scenes driving these fast cars for the films.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...scene.cnn.html

wow so sad i liked him hell of a actor
    We are all going to hell, and I am driving the bus

Being the Death Hag I am, I was curious this morning friends of mine were saying they saw pictures of the body, all mangled. I haven't seen anything, but I doubt it's him. My bet is that both passengers were pretty mangled from the impact and were carbonized after the fire.

The one where the face is split open?

Bodies unidentifiable, will need dental records:
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-w...iable-autopsy/

"There is a fine line between possession, which is when something takes you over, and obsession, wherein you take hold of something and act as if possessed."

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Maybe, didn't see it.

RIP Paul and his friend, hope they died instantly and not burning to death, Such a handsome man with beautiful eyes and heck of a good actor, so so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    Faked his death! Will reappear 20 years from now! Just remember I called it!

man how fucking fast was the guy have to be going for the car to get to look like that? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren View Post
    Well that'll be proof, alright.

Life goes on.

They were going fast. I suppose the reason the news spread so quickly is he was seen getting into the car, and the report from his publicist says the wreck happened 300 yards from where they left. They must have turned out of the parking lot and hammered down, then boom.

Here's a couple of new links:

Final moments: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/30/paul-w...crash-porsche/

Body unidentifiable: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/01/paul-w...iable-autopsy/
    Last edited by SRVFan; 12-01-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Very sad. I wasn't a fan of the F&F movies but I loved when they came out because he would do the press tours. I loved his eye color.

The people who came to the scene would have been able to feel the heat from the car. I'm not sure how I would react but I wouldn't blame them for not attempting to get closer. We are also a television/movie age where cars blow up. I can understand their fear.

300 feet? So the driver punched it and then they fishtailed? Just throwing my guess into the mix. Very very sad.

Like I already stated, I doubt anyone could have gotten them out. Given the photos of the wreckage, they were most likely trapped in there anyways. I know I've seen way worse wrecks where people couldn't get out because the car was crushed around their legs and such. Sure, it's nice to think that someone could have come along and gotten them out and saved them, but I seriously doubt that was a possibility with this crash.

And now for today's Captain Obvious report, speed may have been a factor: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2mFHTe55u
    Last edited by SRVFan; 12-01-2013 at 10:33 AM.

For me this is one of those what the fuck deaths. I liked him as an actor and loved the f&f films (except Tokyo drift). I would hope they both died on impact because otherwise its just unimaginable. May he and Roger Rodas rip, .
    RIP Simon North my best friend gone but never forgotten 07/05/1979 - 09/06/2011

130 in a 45 apparently

They were probably beyond saving.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Link?

However fast they were going, they hit something before hitting that tree. Look at the videos and photos, there is debris all over the place way before the tree that it came to rest against.

EDIT: I just noticed this from the last article I linked.

Speed was a factor in the crash, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office said.

The wreck took place about 3:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. ET), about 300 yards from the office park where the event was held. The speed limit there is 45 mph.

Up and down the road near the crash site were burned rubber and doughnut marks as though someone smoked their tires in figure 8 patterns.

"I don't know if the marks in the road are related to the crash," said Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Brian Allen.
    Last edited by SRVFan; 12-01-2013 at 10:47 AM.

I find myself really dismayed by this, for some reason. Just senseless. He seemed like a pretty decent guy from what I've read of him. It's like when a celebrity dies you almost expect it be because of drugs or alcohol or something stupid like that. Not saying that this wasn't stupid. Oh I don't know what I'm saying. Just that it is a horrible way for a person to go, and I hope he and the other man involved went quickly and without much pain.

I also feel for his daughter. There's no way she's not going to see the videos and pics. That's one thing that supremely sucks about the internet. Yes we have immediate access to everything, but on the other hand, we have immediate access to everything.

However fast they were going, they hit something before hitting that tree. Look at the videos and photos, there is debris all over the place way before the tree that it came to rest against.

The wreck took place about 3:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. ET), about 300 yards from the office park where the event was held. The speed limit there is 45 mph.

Up and down the road near the crash site were burned rubber and doughnut marks as though someone smoked their tires in figure 8 patterns.

"I don't know if the marks in the road are related to the crash," said Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Brian Allen.
    They probably are related to the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by heaven01uk View Post
    They probably are related to the crash.
    You're probably right. This crash happened a mere 300 yards from the event. Someone there saw something, and the police will eventually find out.

I can't imagine two guys who were both seasoned race car drivers (according to reports) leaving a charity event and doing doughnuts and figure eights, especially when you have the 5, 14, 118, 126, and 210 freeways about two minutes away. On a Saturday afternoon, the freeways would have been wide open and the perfect place to peg out your speedometer. Plus, that whole area has a lot of canyon roads that are also fun to drive at high speeds. Take a look at the map below, with the pin being the address for the Always Evolving shop.

Doughnuts and figure eights are something Justin Bieber and his cronies would do in Calabasas to piss off the neighbors, not mature, experienced race car drivers like Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. There has to be more to the story. It would make more sense if they died going 150 mph on Soledad Canyon and/or lost control and went over a cliff, but crashing into a light pole in an industrial park? Which then brings me into the bargaining phase of the five stages of grief: Why Paul Walker and not Justin Bieber?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=28309...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I can't imagine two guys who were both seasoned race car drivers (according to reports) leaving a charity event and doing doughnuts and figure eights, especially when you have the 5, 14, 118, 126, and 210 freeways about two minutes away. On a Saturday afternoon, the freeways would have been wide open and the perfect place to peg out your speedometer. Plus, that whole area has a lot of canyon roads that are also fun to drive at high speeds. Take a look at the map below, with the pin being the address for the Always Evolving shop.

Doughnuts and figure eights are something Justin Bieber and his cronies would do in Calabasas to piss off the neighbors, not mature, experienced race car drivers like Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. There has to be more to the story. It would make more sense if they died going 150 mph on Soledad Canyon and/or lost control and went over a cliff, but crashing into a light pole in an industrial park? Which then brings me into the bargaining phase of the five stages of grief: Why Paul Walker and not Justin Bieber?

I feel no shame in wishing this was Justin Bieber.

And I feel that because they were "seasoned" and experienced they very well may have felt that they were capable of pulling off those stunts with no consequence. Since they had been showing off the car at the event, who's to say they weren't doing a little showing off again and simply lost control of the car. They probably knew that fans at the event may be watching them leave so why not give a little show? I don't put anything past anybody anymore. Sure, he was a great actor and he seemed to be a great guy in real life as well, but that doesn't excuse him from stupidity like the rest of the real world.
    "For mine is a generation that circles the globe in search of something we haven't tried before. So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite, and never outstay your welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience, and if it hurts, you know what? It was probably worth it." ~The Beach~

www.minlynn.deviantart.com

Wow, thanks for all the titillating factoids and links, folks!

I am still stunned. I loved his work and still can't believe this happened. Also, I too want to thank everyone for the links and updates.

RIP Paul Walker.

This is from The Santa Clarita Valley Signal:
    “At the conclusion of the accident the vehicle struck a light standard and the whole car was burned,” a Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman said. The two occupants of the vehicle were unable to get out in time, he said.
    A sheriff’s deputy at the scene said the Porsche driver appeared to have lost control of the car, which hit a tree.
    Both a tree and a light standard were downed at the scene.

I'm guessing a "light standard" is a light pole?

The teenage daughter of one of my dearest friends was in a horrible auto accident where two other kids were killed, it was at the time all over the local t.v. She was thrown through the windshield. My friend, who is and R.N., told me that when the ambulance brought her daughter into the hospital she was in a fetal position and close to death. She was severely brain damaged and after seeing her once vibrant daughter so mangled my friend told me that perhaps they should have just let her go and not resuscitated her. She is now in her thirties and can't do much for herself. The impact of this car that carried Paul Walker to meet his end was so severe, it spread debris for quite a distance. Perhaps in this case, death was merciful. RIP, young men.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

Its a pretty grim ending to have a hoax about your death only the day prior to really dying.

I liked Paul Walker, although I wasnt a fan of the Fast movies. I LOVED him in Joy Ride. I also remember him on Charles in Charge way back in the day.

Coming from working as death investigator who has investigated many, many fatal accidents, (and quite a few where the entire car ws engulfed as this one was) I can say without a doubt that neither were conscious when the car started to burn. Someone on here said they had a friend or acquaintance who claimed to see Paul trying to get out - from the video and the pictures I have seen, as well as my experience, I believe that simply is impossible.

As the ME already stated and is of no shock to me, the bodies were burnt to nothing.

That all being said, my thoughts are with Pauls family and friends. I cannot imagine.

RIP
    Last edited by lisalouver; 12-01-2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: cuz I cant spell :)
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Yes, that is fishy, isn't it.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Its a pretty grim ending to have a hoax about your death only the day prior to really dying.
    I woke up this morning and saw the news on CNN. I was like I didn't even know about the death hoax. That's just creepy. From now on, it would not shock me if celebrities would go ham on those who perpetuate death hoaxes about them.
    As the ME already stated and is of no shock to me, the bodies were burnt to nothing.
    RIP
    All I read this morning was that dental records were needed, but I thought it was because the bodies were so busted up they couldn't conform identity visually. It's understandable why someone drew parallels between this crash and the crash that killed Ryan Dunn and his friend. I also viewed the footage of the crash scene posted upthread. You can hear him saying to his buddy to get away from the car. Unfortunately, this was nota movie! The crashed vehicle could have exploded, and it was unlikely that any good Samaritan could have gotten the vehicle's occupants out unscathed.