Page 1 of 12 12310 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 563

Thread: Jahi mcmath

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048

    Jahi mcmath

    This poor little girl. I am surprised no one posted about this yet. I have been following this story since the beginning.

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/girl-undergoes-routine-surgery-ends-life-support/ncLY5/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    We've been discussing it in another thread. It needed one of it's own.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,693
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,472
    For the new thread, I have copied the tail end of my post from the one about the 3-yr-old girl who died after dental work. I hope these links prove informative:

    As for the 13-year--old girl, Jahi McMath, who suffered brain death after the tonsillectomy, apparently her surgery was actually very extensive and complicated, plus very possibly her obesity was a contributing factor. (The problem they were trying to correct was sleep apnea rather than tonsillitis.) Some have alleged that the family did not follow doctor's orders while visiting the child in the ICU, which may have made the situation worse.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4485119.html

    The latest news on this:

    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...calif_hospital

    The facility that has agreed to take Jahi McMath in sounds dubious to me, but whatever. One wishes them well, but it's not likely, and who's going to pay for all this?
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/05/health...ead/?hpt=hp_t2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Who is paying for it is the elephant in the room that I didn't want to bring up, but I'm sure we know the answer to that. There are very few private citizens who could pay for such extensive long term care out of their own pockets. That poor girl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    We've been discussing it in another thread. It needed one of it's own.
    the one about the girl getting dental work done? that story is even sadder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Who is paying for it is the elephant in the room that I didn't want to bring up, but I'm sure we know the answer to that. There are very few private citizens who could pay for such extensive long term care out of their own pockets. That poor girl.
    it is being said that the insurance company will pay up until dec 12 when she was declared brain dead. after that, probably the taxpayers. i will say the family has raised alot of money to help transport her to another place that will care for her.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,693
    Reminds me of Terri Schiavo.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Reminds me of Terri Schiavo.

    yes in fact her family is getting involved with this case.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    it is being said that the insurance company will pay up until dec 12 when she was declared brain dead. after that, probably the taxpayers. i will say the family has raised alot of money to help transport her to another place that will care for her.
    I figured the money angle is why the hospital wanted to pull the plug after the insurance stopped coverage. The poor girl is so young and could live decades in that condition. Not that it matters, but I wonder how much it cost to keep Terri Schiavo alive in her condition for fifteen years?

    Yes, the dental work thread.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,159
    I know who is paying for it.

    I know I'm being an ass but her family need a reality check. Their grief is very real and understandable but lately in the interviews it's not been about the little girl and instead a platform to rant.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I know who is paying for it.

    I know I'm being an ass but her family need a reality check. Their grief is very real and understandable but lately in the interviews it's not been about the little girl and instead a platform to rant.
    It took a while before Terri Schiavo's family figured out that she would never be the way she was before her heart attack. They tried a lot of different treatments and she received therapy for a long time. Until the bitter end, they still insisted that she knew when they were there and that she followed a balloon with her eyes, even though she was totally blind. Denial is a powerful thing. None of them were shy about their rants and snarkiness between themselves even when Terri was slowly starving to death. I'm sure there will come a time when Jahi's family will realize that she will never get any better.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,394
    They seem to be religious and have faith that God is keeping her alive. I dare them to unplug her from the machine and see if God still keeps her alive after that...I bet not.

    While it's sad and all as to what happened with her, the mother is just in denial. The little girl is brain dead and only "alive" thanks to a machine pumping her chest up and down. What are they going to do, stick her in a bedroom somewhere and keep a machine going on her?

    Terry S's brain was nothing but liquid by the time her husband did the honorable and humane thing by finally unplugging the machine. I'm sorry, what kind of "quality of life" is there by laying brain damaged in a bed for 15 years and not even realizing it? It almost seems as if Terry's family were pretty selfish and only kept her on the machine for themselves. I really don't think Terry would have wanted that - if she "knew" she was going to be a vegetable for the next 15 years of her life.

    My family knows to either pull the plug or pour the entire scrip bottle of morphine down my throat if there was no doubt I'd end up like a bushel of broccoli on a bed for the rest of my life - or basically suffering.

    Jahi's mom needs to get a grip finally. I bet that little girl doesn't survive (what's left of her) leaving the hospital. No I'm not a parent - so I don't know "what it's like". But after dealing with my terminally ill mother and watching her wither away and die from ALS - I know when a life should end. Jahi's mother is just like Terry's parents - yeah, they may love them, but they need to know when to let them go. Jahi is never going to be able to run and play or go swimming ever again. Just...let...her...go.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    the girl was just released from the hospital and given to her mom. the uncle is going to do a news conference shortly.

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...-mother/ncdCR/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jumping Into a Space Vortex
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It took a while before Terri Schiavo's family figured out that she would never be the way she was before her heart attack. They tried a lot of different treatments and she received therapy for a long time. Until the bitter end, they still insisted that she knew when they were there and that she followed a balloon with her eyes, even though she was totally blind. Denial is a powerful thing. None of them were shy about their rants and snarkiness between themselves even when Terri was slowly starving to death. I'm sure there will come a time when Jahi's family will realize that she will never get any better.
    True that. At this point, the effects seem irreversible. They just have to let her go.

    And yes, I too am getting those Terry Schiavo vibes.
    Didn't know that was a thing...

  16. #16
    Terry Schiavo was not brain dead and the doctors never pronounced her deceased. She was in a persistent vegetative state, and she breathed all on her own, no machines necessary. The thing that her husband disconnected from Terry was the feeding tube. A lot of people don't want to be on a breathing machine forever, but when it comes to starving to death or dying by dehydration, that's when it all gets murkier. Jahi is supposedly dead, and would not breathe on her own if disconnected. It's a clearer case than Terry's, still sad, but it was a lot less clear for Terry.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    652
    I had a close family member in a vegetative state for nine months. He was able to breathe on his own, and his eyes opened. But he was not there. He wasnt there. The doctors had us shout at him and cajole, to try and wake him up, but it didnt work. He never would have wanted that to happen. It was agony. Im sure for him, for the family, I cant even describe it. Every day at the hospital, seeing him suffer and not be able to do anything about it. I know he never would have wanted that. I sure as hell know that I dont ever want that. His life was a series of suctioning, catheters, bed sores, feeding tubes, pneumonia, etc., etc. It was a blessing for everyone when his heart finally gave out. He was only 27 and had a congenitive heart defect that he didnt know about until he had a heart attack. It is very hard to see a young person in this state. But worse to keep them that way. Let the poor little girl go, and let her rest in peace.
    Last edited by Pachamama; 01-06-2014 at 07:47 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,920
    I truly hope that one day provisions will be made that when someone is in Terry Schiavo's condition, rather than starving them to death, euthanasia can be employed. The age old argument, that we show more compassion for our dogs' suffering than human suffering is true. If someone left a dog to starve to death imagine the outcry. I, too, feel this girl's parents are going to need to come to a realization that it can't be God's will if machines are doing the work. However, I can't imagine the horror they must be going thru and they have my sympathy and respect. I would NEVER want to be left in that condition.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    OK - where bows and arrows are broken
    Posts
    1,832
    So, not only did they take up precious resources from the pediatric ICU, the hospital is now out their ventilator. This just makes me mad. I felt bad for other patients and families on that floor. This family just takes and takes while I'm sure that other kids passed away during that time. Yes, I know it's horrible to lose a child. I lost a 23/6 weeker. But this girl has zip chance to wake up and live a normal life. Let. Her. Go.

    I know that I'd fight like hell for my daughter, but I'd know when to face reality. I just had to do this for my dad roughly 6 weeks ago. It became readily apparent that he wasn't going to recover with anything near a normal life. We just had to make the compassionate and loving decision and that was to let him go.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

    My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

    Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.




  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    Terry Schiavo was not brain dead and the doctors never pronounced her deceased. She was in a persistent vegetative state, and she breathed all on her own, no machines necessary. The thing that her husband disconnected from Terry was the feeding tube. A lot of people don't want to be on a breathing machine forever, but when it comes to starving to death or dying by dehydration, that's when it all gets murkier. Jahi is supposedly dead, and would not breathe on her own if disconnected. It's a clearer case than Terry's, still sad, but it was a lot less clear for Terry.

    Well having a brain that is all liquid says brain dead.......

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, You know home of ESPN
    Posts
    9,266
    These parents are attention whores. They obviously didn't care enough about this girl while she was alive to even meet her basic health needs. Now they care because all they see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$


    "I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    her familys attorney is talking about inserting a feeding tube, will that even work?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,141
    The family needs to let go.

    I just googled some articles on this girl and OF COURSE the n....r word is being thrown left and right, one even called her a mini-sow among many other things. It makes me sick.

    When people are so unevolved that they make racism practically a career do they not realize how fucking stupid and backwards they look?
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 01-06-2014 at 11:31 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis Minnesota (ya, sure..)
    Posts
    204
    Whatever their motivation I feel this is so wrong. The woman who hit my family in a tragic car accident lived for 9 months on a feeding tube and then they withdrew it and let her go. The body deteriorates in many ways while just lying there.This poor child deserves better.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    her familys attorney is talking about inserting a feeding tube, will that even work?
    A feeding tube? Oh, I hope not. They need to let her go.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    OK - where bows and arrows are broken
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    These parents are attention whores. They obviously didn't care enough about this girl while she was alive to even meet her basic health needs. Now they care because all they see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Oh no kidding, Miho. They say they won't divulge where she's going, however as they left the hospital, the family took cellphone video as they went on the freeway. They peddled it around to the media probably in an attempt to get some cash. They probably didn't get the cash, but they got the next best thing: more attention. That uncle is a true fame-whore as he was supposed to do yet another press conference this morning. I'm thinking that he's the one who's goimg to let it slip and reveal where she is.

    That facility in NY is almost just as bad. They are an,outpatient facility and they don't have the means to take inpatient at this time. Even if they can get the necessary staff and equipment to take her in the next few days, I can almost bet you they don't have the licensing from the state for inpatient treatment. It seems to me that they're wanting to get the word about their facility out there and attaching their name to Jahi McMath will get them free advertising.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

    My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

    Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.




  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Who is paying for it is the elephant in the room that I didn't want to bring up, but I'm sure we know the answer to that. There are very few private citizens who could pay for such extensive long term care out of their own pockets. That poor girl.
    I don't have the link, but I read an article that said the charity set up by Terri Schiavo's family had stepped in. I don't know how much they're paying or doing, but hopefully they picked up some of the expense. If not... Yeah, tax payers.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    alot of people donated on that gofundme site. they raised passed the 20,000 dollars to transfer her. here is a link to it.

    http://www.gofundme.com/Jahi-Mcmath
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 01-06-2014 at 09:34 PM.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    30,693
    Terri Schiavos family will hijack and exploit any news story to promote their twisted agenda.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    424
    A feeding tube will not work. At best it would be a type of "funnel" pushing food around her gut. The digestive system does not work without brain function. By now, Jahi's brain matter is liquifying, her skin is losing elasticity, and she is unable to produce bowl sounds or movements. Check out this report from a doctor that evaluated Jahi, it's greusome, but it's the reality of what her family is doing to her by not turning off the vent and putting her to rest.

    http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    A feeding tube will not work. At best it would be a type of "funnel" pushing food around her gut. The digestive system does not work without brain function. By now, Jahi's brain matter is liquifying, her skin is losing elasticity, and she is unable to produce bowl sounds or movements. Check out this report from a doctor that evaluated Jahi, it's greusome, but it's the reality of what her family is doing to her by not turning off the vent and putting her to rest.

    http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg
    I realize this little girl is clinically dead. From the way the report reads, there will come a time when she is going to die no matter what life saving measures are performed on her. The poor child is basically already decomposing as her organs and bodily functions are shutting down a little at a time. That being said, I think that report is disrespectful for referring to Jahi as "the body" and "the torso." It makes her sound like an object instead of a human being and I don't see where it is necessary.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    A feeding tube will not work. At best it would be a type of "funnel" pushing food around her gut. The digestive system does not work without brain function. By now, Jahi's brain matter is liquifying, her skin is losing elasticity, and she is unable to produce bowl sounds or movements. Check out this report from a doctor that evaluated Jahi, it's greusome, but it's the reality of what her family is doing to her by not turning off the vent and putting her to rest.

    http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg
    Whew!
    Thanks for the link

    How cruel to continue this charade

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    453
    I can kinda get the way her family is dealing with this it's not the best way obviously but the anger her parents feel about this is justified I mean they took her in for a pretty common procedure and now they're being told "yeah she's dead sorry bout that" When you grieve something like this it's not always rational ya know? I think they're in shock and feel helpless. I pray they can find peace with what's happened and let her go.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    I can kinda get the way her family is dealing with this it's not the best way obviously but the anger her parents feel about this is justified I mean they took her in for a pretty common procedure and now they're being told "yeah she's dead sorry bout that" When you grieve something like this it's not always rational ya know? I think they're in shock and feel helpless. I pray they can find peace with what's happened and let her go.
    Actually it was NOT a common procdure - she had sleep apnea and this meant removal of the adnoids
    Jahi's doctor recomended AGAINST surgery due to her diabetes and obesity.
    Mom got a second doctors opinion and went ahead with that doc's recomendation.

    In addtion her family used some suction device on her in the hospital (hospital equipment) because THEY beleieved the nurses weren't doing their job. The family was warned NOT to do this and did anyway.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Actually it was NOT a common procdure - she had sleep apnea and this meant removal of the adnoids
    Jahi's doctor recomended AGAINST surgery due to her diabetes and obesity.
    Mom got a second doctors opinion and went ahead with that doc's recomendation.

    In addtion her family used some suction device on her in the hospital (hospital equipment) because THEY beleieved the nurses weren't doing their job. The family was warned NOT to do this and did anyway.
    Those things should protect the hospital from a malpractice suit. I read in comments on an online article that her family actually fed her a cheeseburger not long after surgery. Is that true or just some random shit coming out of an anonymous mouth?

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Natchez Ms
    Posts
    3,981
    Sounds like her family could be the cause behind this.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

    "Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Those things should protect the hospital from a malpractice suit. I read in comments on an online article that her family actually fed her a cheeseburger not long after surgery. Is that true or just some random shit coming out of an anonymous mouth?
    I don't know - I will dig around.
    I know someone who works at Childrens.....

    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Sounds like her family could be the cause behind this.
    I wouldn't say behind it but they did not help!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brasstown/Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    They seem to be religious and have faith that God is keeping her alive. I dare them to unplug her from the machine and see if God still keeps her alive after that...I bet not.

    While it's sad and all as to what happened with her, the mother is just in denial. The little girl is brain dead and only "alive" thanks to a machine pumping her chest up and down. What are they going to do, stick her in a bedroom somewhere and keep a machine going on her?

    Terry S's brain was nothing but liquid by the time her husband did the honorable and humane thing by finally unplugging the machine. I'm sorry, what kind of "quality of life" is there by laying brain damaged in a bed for 15 years and not even realizing it? It almost seems as if Terry's family were pretty selfish and only kept her on the machine for themselves. I really don't think Terry would have wanted that - if she "knew" she was going to be a vegetable for the next 15 years of her life.

    My family knows to either pull the plug or pour the entire scrip bottle of morphine down my throat if there was no doubt I'd end up like a bushel of broccoli on a bed for the rest of my life - or basically suffering.

    Jahi's mom needs to get a grip finally. I bet that little girl doesn't survive (what's left of her) leaving the hospital. No I'm not a parent - so I don't know "what it's like". But after dealing with my terminally ill mother and watching her wither away and die from ALS - I know when a life should end. Jahi's mother is just like Terry's parents - yeah, they may love them, but they need to know when to let them go. Jahi is never going to be able to run and play or go swimming ever again. Just...let...her...go.
    Aries65: I'm a devout Christian but I will agree with you. This girl is brain dead. She's not coming back - and this attention-whoring family of hers needs to realize it and, as you said, let...her...go. My own family already knows that I don't want to be kept alive by machines, either, if I would only be in a vegetative state. If I can't live and do things that make me happy, pull the plug and let me go home to Jesus (and I'm not saying that in a "flippant" way).
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,861
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    A feeding tube will not work. At best it would be a type of "funnel" pushing food around her gut. The digestive system does not work without brain function. By now, Jahi's brain matter is liquifying, her skin is losing elasticity, and she is unable to produce bowl sounds or movements. Check out this report from a doctor that evaluated Jahi, it's greusome, but it's the reality of what her family is doing to her by not turning off the vent and putting her to rest.

    http://www.insidebayarea.com/bay-are...ion?source=pkg
    Wow, I didn't realize at first how bad the girl was.. cannot her parents not understand that she's dead and that she's slowing decaying? How horrible. They sound like self serving idiots that possibly caused their daughter's death. Makes me wonder if they're holding on outta love or guilt.
    Last edited by Wendy A.; 01-07-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Actually it was NOT a common procdure - she had sleep apnea and this meant removal of the adnoids
    Jahi's doctor recomended AGAINST surgery due to her diabetes and obesity.
    Mom got a second doctors opinion and went ahead with that doc's recomendation.

    In addtion her family used some suction device on her in the hospital (hospital equipment) because THEY beleieved the nurses weren't doing their job. The family was warned NOT to do this and did anyway.

    is this from your source at childrens?

  41. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,847
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRocker View Post
    is this from your source at childrens?
    Actually no, this is from Channel 2 news.
    My source at Childrens confirmed this was true and also said that the family just wasn't "getting it" no matter what was told to them.

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Claremore, OK
    Posts
    217
    Sounds like the parents killed her due to stupidity. Not listening to her doctors and not listening to her nurses. Now that she's dead and they know they're at fault they refuse to have life support taken away.

    Either they are keeping the support going due to guilt from what they've done, or to get rid of proof of what they've done.

    "There is a fine line between possession, which is when something takes you over, and obsession, wherein you take hold of something and act as if possessed."

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,048
    you know i agreed with the mom when she said she wanted a second opinion from an outside source. it did seem like childrens hospital was quick to say they want to remove her from the ventilator. it was right before christmas so i understood when the mom said she didnt want to pull the plug because she didnt want to remember christmas with her child dying. now it seems like this is turning into another terri shiavo thing. i said that to my husband in the beginning.

    i hope the hospital has witnesses to the families behavior if the family ends up suing the hospital. i had a feeling they thought they were not getting enough attention when the little girl was recovering. the way the grandmother talked about it gave me that impression.

  44. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    From a funeral home perspective, the more she decomposes, the harder she will be to embalm. I feel sorry for her family but if they did things the doctors and nurses told them not to do, then they are to blame.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  45. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    From a funeral home perspective, the more she decomposes, the harder she will be to embalm. I feel sorry for her family but if they did things the doctors and nurses told them not to do, then they are to blame.
    It must have been a nightmare embalming Anna Nicole Smith and her son, Daniel. They both laid around the morgue for quite a while. Nobody wants their child to die, but they need to do what's best for Jahi instead of worrying about themselves.

  46. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It must have been a nightmare embalming Anna Nicole Smith and her son, Daniel. They both laid around the morgue for quite a while. Nobody wants their child to die, but they need to do what's best for Jahi instead of worrying about themselves.
    I agree. This poor kid is decomposing right before their eyes. They need to get her buried and then worry about all that other bullshit. Right now its about her being DEAD. She's not coming back.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  47. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    I find it ironic that Jahi's family had to fight the hospital to keep her alive and Karen Quinlan's family had to fight for the right to take her off of life support after she had already been laying there for ten years. I really don't expect Jahi to live very long, but if she did, this article about Karen Quinlan tells some of the things that Jahi would have to endure.

    http://www.karenannquinlanhospice.org/history/

  48. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I find it ironic that Jahi's family had to fight the hospital to keep her alive and Karen Quinlan's family had to fight for the right to take her off of life support after she had already been laying there for ten years. I really don't expect Jahi to live very long, but if she did, this article about Karen Quinlan tells some of the things that Jahi would have to endure.

    http://www.karenannquinlanhospice.org/history/
    Very sad, thanks for sharing.

    ""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy


  49. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,938
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Very sad, thanks for sharing.
    You're welcome. I sure hope it doesn't come to that with Jahi.

  50. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    424
    There's no way Jahi's body would last 10 years. She is not in a persistive vegitative state (like Teri Shiavo) she is fully brain dead. They are different. I can only imagine how horrifying it must be to sit and watch your child decompose in front of you....of course, the family is CHOOSING this. I feel bad for this poor girl, i feel like it is equal to abuse of a corpse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •