Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks

Twin Peaks

Professional Thread-Killer

Woooooooot!!! My brother just told me about this 10 minutes ago.

One of my favorite shows ever!!! I'll have to watch the old DVDs again.

Well, it turns out that Senor Droolcup was right when he said that our favorite TV show would be back soon.

You be careful out among them English.
    Don't mess with the banjo player - he's hard core, dude!
    Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009366909869

Yahoo!! Can't wait!

I can't wait for it to be dead and wrapped...in plastic.

Maybe Lynch read my suggestion for a Twin Peaks / Star Trek crossover. Then the first line of dialog will be:

McCoy: She's dead Jim - wrapped in plastic!

Catch my music on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ve...aaqUrXEEcb50Y2

The best news I've heard today !

Fab!

The funny thing is, that town was alot like where I live now in the Great Northwest. The town, the people, the scenery, all this personal drama people try to involve you in, the superstitious weirdness, you name it. It should be a big hit here.

Glad Coop's coming back. He was my fave.

Life goes on.

Wonder how many of the old cast will be in it ? look like Kyle M will resume his old role but who else ?

I was wondering that too.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Wonder how many of the old cast will be in it ? look like Kyle M will resume his old role but who else ?
    Well, beyond Kyle Maclachlan, Madchen Amick, Peggy Lipton, Piper Laurie, Richard Beymer, David Kelly (Jerry Horne) and Ian Buchanan (Dick Tremayne) have all indicated either via Twitter or via their agents they were interested.

I know Jack Nance, who played Pete Martell, died back in the 90's (in his 50's, he was pretty young..) as did Frank Silva, who played Bob. Don Davis, who played Major Briggs, also passed away.

The Log Lady will be back.

Wendy Robie (Nadine) said that she asked David Lynch about her character and he told her, "Let's just say, don't go playing in the street."

Lara Flynn Boyle doesn't look too good lately, I don't know if she is having health issues, bc she has mostly dropped out of sight. David Lynch was trying to reach Everett McGill (Big Ed Hurley) via Twitter.
    Last edited by Zilla; 10-09-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Sherilyn Fenn and Joan Chen are said to be coming back also according to Lynch...as for Lara, your right, she does not look well. Lara-Flynn-Boyle-lara-flynn-boyle-31591321-1757-2560.jpg1382027081_lara-flynn-boyle-article.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Holy shit!! Maybe she can play the corpse in the new stuff?

I hope the log appears by itself as if it was the log lady's child. Like have it just appear at random places like it got there on its own accord.

I could see it sitting at a table in the dinner with some coffee and cherry pie.
    Last edited by TheDude; 10-10-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Holy shit is right, a friend saw this pic and said the same thing ! Sad thing is she's only 44, the pressure to stay and look young in Hollywood is pathetic. If she's in the new show, she's going to look like hell next to Peggy Lipton who is 68 !PeggyLipton-now.jpg

In what capacity could Sherilyn come back, I wonder..I know we were led to believe that Audrey was caught in a huge explosion in the last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I hope the log appears by itself as if it was the log lady's child. Like have it just appear at random places like it got there on its own accord.

I could see it sitting at a table in the dinner with some coffee and cherry pie.
    In my version, Spock does the Vulcan Mind Meld with the log, which gains control of the Holodeck, and chaos ensues. Who killed Captain Kirk?

Holy shit is right, a friend saw this pic and said the same thing ! Sad thing is she's only 44, the pressure to stay and look young in Hollywood is pathetic. If she's in the new show, she's going to look like hell next to Peggy Lipton who is 68 !PeggyLipton-now.jpg
    Did she ever date Ashton Kutcher? Apparently, that can make women look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    In what capacity could Sherilyn come back, I wonder..I know we were led to believe that Audrey was caught in a huge explosion in the last episode.
    Pfft . . . in television, people survive those kind of things every day. I would give her a Bobby Ewing moment in the shower (yum - this is Showtime, so we can show anything we want) and then she would go off to her job as a dedicated and friendly but sexually frustrated kindergarten teacher with a checkered past.

Glad to hear it is coming back. Though, a big BOO that it's coming to Showtime.
    Cindy

I'm so excited about this, but my ex boyfriend is beyond ecstatic. Biggest Lynch fan ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't have cable, but there are so many places to watch TV shows online, either live or after they aired, that I am not worried about it.

No, but the combination of dating David Spade and Jack Nicholson might have something to do with it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    In my version, Spock does the Vulcan Mind Meld with the log, which gains control of the Holodeck, and chaos ensues. Who killed Captain Kirk?.
    You are definitely onto something there, Rosebud.

Ray Wise has seemingly also confirmed a return via Twitter:

Ray Wise @therealraywise 19m 19 minutes ago
    Happy to be between two worlds #TwinPeaks

MIguel Ferrer (Albert) had this to say over the summer:
    “I hope [a Twin Peaks reunion] never happens.” — July 16, 2014

then earlier today said this:

Miguel Ferrer @Miguel_J_Ferrer 4h 4 hours ago
    @ThatsOurWaldo I reserve the right to change my mind.
    Last edited by Zilla; 10-14-2014 at 05:12 PM.

You are definitely onto something there, Rosebud.
    There's plenty more where that came from, and I am willing to accept royalties in the form of coffee and cherry pie.

Mail me, David! (He seems like the kind of person who would read this forum.)

James Marshall is the latest name said to be coming back to the show. His lawsuit against Accutane didn't work out too well.

http://www.lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/litigation/b/litigation-blog/archive/2014/08/04/2m-n-j-accutane-verdict-reversed-2-defense-verdicts-affirmed-on-appeal.aspx
    Last edited by Zilla; 10-16-2014 at 01:35 PM.

I'd be down for a smaller cast much like a real life small town with high school aged teens some of them finally make it and they leave.

“I sure hope there's a place [in the new Twin Peaks] for at least one of my two dead characters.” —Sheryl Lee

Michael J Anderson (The little man from another place) hasn't sounded too enthusiastic about returning:

I saw this on Twitter:

'Michael J. Anderson thinks reappearing in Twin Peaks in 2016 is "an oxymoron" and wouldn't be the brilliant, unexpected shock it was in '90.'

But, who knows:

“I am obviously forever connected to Twin Peaks.” —Michael J. Anderson.

Well, beyond Kyle Maclachlan, Madchen Amick, Peggy Lipton, Piper Laurie, Richard Beymer, David Kelly (Jerry Horne) and Ian Buchanan (Dick Tremayne) have all indicated either via Twitter or via their agents they were interested.

I know Jack Nance, who played Pete Martell, died back in the 90's (in his 50's, he was pretty young..) as did Frank Silva, who played Bob. Don Davis, who played Major Briggs, also passed away.

The Log Lady will be back.

Wendy Robie (Nadine) said that she asked David Lynch about her character and he told her, "Let's just say, don't go playing in the street."

Lara Flynn Boyle doesn't look too good lately, I don't know if she is having health issues, bc she has mostly dropped out of sight. David Lynch was trying to reach Everett McGill (Big Ed Hurley) via Twitter.
    Loved the log lady and her weirdness.

So LFB's appearance is due to plastic surgery? Yag! They could always write in that she was in some horrible accident at the mill.

[b]I could see it sitting at a table in the dinner with some coffee and cherry pie.[b]
    Ha! Me too They need to have at least one scene where that happens.

Peggy still looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Same here. I don't do cable. Yeah, you can get it off pirate websites but I wouldn't take chances with that shit right now. I know someone who's being sued right now for doing that a few years ago and it's coating him alot of money to defend himself although he's maintaining a not guilty defense. Costing way more than getting Showtime or waiting for the dvd set to come out.

“I sure hope there's a place [in the new Twin Peaks] for at least one of my two dead characters.” —Sheryl Lee

Michael J Anderson (The little man from another place) hasn't sounded too enthusiastic about returning:

I saw this on Twitter:

'Michael J. Anderson thinks reappearing in Twin Peaks in 2016 is "an oxymoron" and wouldn't be the brilliant, unexpected shock it was in '90.'

But, who knows:

“I am obviously forever connected to Twin Peaks.” —Michael J. Anderson.
    No dancing midget? That'd be a shame. I hope he reconsiders. He was the segway to many a plot twist and many scenes/flashbacks to the red room in the lodge won't make sense without him. And who will give Coop his tips in his dreams? Laura Palmer maybe. But it wouldn't be the same.

Ooh, just found this: Back in July there was a party with the cast and crew, donuts and cherry pie in tow, in a Twin Peaks inspired lodge for the release of unseen footage. Nifty! Apologies in advance for the stupid ad that sits on the screen for a few seconds before taking you to the actual story in Variety. Fun pics too :

http://variety.com/2014/scene/news/t...se-1201264212/
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-21-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Life goes on.

I went poking around the interwebs again, and found that Victoria Catlin, the woman that played Blackie, the madam at One Eyed Jack's, was apparently in a bad accident some years ago and has since retired, according to one of the comments under her IMDB profile.

That's a shame.

Life goes on.

Sherilyn Fenn and Joan Chen are said to be coming back also according to Lynch...as for Lara, your right, she does not look well. Lara-Flynn-Boyle-lara-flynn-boyle-31591321-1757-2560.jpg1382027081_lara-flynn-boyle-article.jpg
    Gravity works on silicone also I see.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

Smoking doesn't help, and this from a smoker ! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Gravity works on silicone also I see.
    That's about the time they start getting all that silicone tightened up. Or as my mom used to say, "When they get all that excess skin pulled up and tied in a knot on top of their heads".

Life goes on.

In the words of the LMFAP: That gum you like is going to come back in style. Love it!

For nostalgia's sake, it's too bad they couldn't return to ABC. But Showtime does offer more freedom for Lynch to be himself. I think the big question mark is whether he can find the right younger actors to do it justice, playing alongside the veterans of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    In the words of the LMFAP: That gum you like is going to come back in style. Love it!

For nostalgia's sake, it's too bad they couldn't return to ABC. But Showtime does offer more freedom for Lynch to be himself. I think the big question mark is whether he can find the right younger actors to do it justice, playing alongside the veterans of the show.
    They can call it "Twin Peaks: The Next Generation".

According to a new book, then Soviet leader Michael Gorbachev asked then US President G.W.H. Bush to help him find out who killed Laura Palmer.

WTF, wasn't the KGB on this? Better yet, he could have done like everyone in Germany (where the show aired about a year later) and called his uncle in America to find out.

I must have skimmed over the part where Marx wrote "The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of trying to find out who killed Laura Palmer".

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...er/511371.html

No fear - Laura Palmer aka Sheryl Lee is alive and kicking .My son just flew into L/A and she was on his flight

David Lynch has dropped out ! How can they pull it off without him.. unless Showtime coughs up the cash. http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/david-ly...ival-1.3022214
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Without him it's not worth watching. Maybe they'll renegotiate if fans make enough noise online about it to Showtime. That gambit works once in awhile.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Without him it's not worth watching. Maybe they'll renegotiate if fans make enough noise online about it to Showtime. That gambit works once in awhile.
    Most of the actors have made a big stink already

If they remake it, it'll be like every other Showtime series and start off great but overstay its welcome and shit out in the last few seasons.

It's not supposed to be a remake but a continuation of where the show left off. And it's supposed to tie up the loose ends in the finale'. I think from what I've read that only a couple of seasons were planned at most.

Life goes on.

Most of the actors have made a big stink already

If they remake it, it'll be like every other Showtime series and start off great but overstay its welcome and shit out in the last few seasons.
    Yeah, this is not going to happen without David Lynch. It would be like Bob's Big Boy without the boy - and who wants that?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    It's not supposed to be a remake but a continuation of where the show left off. And it's supposed to tie up the loose ends in the finale'. I think from what I've read that only a couple of seasons were planned at most.
    Yeah I know I'm just saying since all of the actors have been vocal about Lynch's involvement if Showtime were to continue the show as a remake it would be like every other show on Showtime.

Gotcha.

Life goes on.

Meh. Michael Ontkean (Sheriff Truman) won't be back.

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/m...ew-twin-peaks/

The only casting that Showtime has officially confirmed to date is Kyle MacLachlan. Odd that IMDB lists everyone, but I read that was just wishful thinking on someones part.

Well they got Lynch back and plenty of shooting has been going on but there's going to be a delay before it's shown.

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Well they got Lynch back and plenty of shooting has been going on but there's going to be a delay before it's shown.
    Lynch is known for being extremely fussy about his work, hence the reason it won't hit the air until 2017 !

Lynch is known for being extremely fussy about his work, hence the reason it won't hit the air until 2017 !
    Yes it's amazing he's doing more and he is very fussy , but on the UK threads everyone seems narked about the delay .I'm just glad it'll come round eventually !