Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3070777879
Results 3,901 to 3,935 of 3935

Thread: What's for Dinner 2night?

Chicken Strips w/ Mac&cheese

Tomorrow? No clue, maybe some kind of salad.

I'm just now getting around to dinner. Lol. I couldn't sleep Monday night and Tuesday evening finally crashed. Just now getting up. Banana sandwich it is.
    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Captain D's. Half each grilled fish, wild rice, baked potato. And a small cup of green beans.

Instead of BLTS we had corned beef sandwiches.

Cheeseburgers and chips. Tomorrow is pork chops, mac-and-cheese, and green beans. My getting sick kind of wrecked my whole meal plan. Feeling a wee bit better tonight, and I hope I continue to feel better and finally kick this.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Chicken Salad on croissants from Sam's Club. Finally did food shopping..

Tomorrow? Dunno. Possibly a Hot Pocket with some veggies & hummus.

Had lots of good food in hospital and rehab.

Actually, all I remember in ICU was eggs, some kind of something white, which was the first meal I finished, and fried fish on a bed of rice--Yum! I wasn't able to eat all of it and have regretted it ever since.

In rehab, they would bring out a meal plus one or two sandwiches or a replacement plate in case you didn't like the menu. The only food item I refused to put in my mouth was chicken livers, so they brought me country fried steak nuggets. I won't eat pimento cheese sammies, either, but I did eat one for a snack (without knowing what it was at first), took a bite, and had to eat the rest because I was suddenly starving. Guess my blood glucose was low.

For people with stomach problems they may serve a bland diet, but everybody else, including diabetics, got regular meals. Hamburgers, fried fish, country steak, pan-fried pork chops, hotdogs, which I didn't get because my try went downstairs by mistake (ate steak nuggets and rice instead) French fries, tots, etc, and a variety of cakes, cream pies, cheesecake, ice cream, cookies, etc. I gained sixteen pounds from IV fluids in ICU (I gained more in 2019) and about four pounds more in rehab.
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-07-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Had lots of good food in hospital and rehab.

Actually, all I remember in ICU was eggs, some kind of something white, which was the first meal I finished, and fried fish on a bed of rice--Yum! I wasn't able to eat all of it and have regretted it ever since.

In rehab, they would bring out a meal plus one or two sandwiches or a replacement plate in case you didn't like the menu. The only food item I refused to put in my mouth was chicken livers, so they brought me country fried steak nuggets. I won't eat pimento cheese sammies, either, but I did eat one for a snack (without knowing what it was at first), took a bite, and had to eat the rest because I was suddenly starving. Guess my blood glucose was low.

For people with stomach problems they may serve a bland diet, but everybody else, including diabetics, got regular meals. Hamburgers, fried fish, country steak, pan-fried pork chops, hotdogs, which I didn't get because my try went downstairs by mistake (ate steak nuggets and rice instead) French fries, tots, etc, and a variety of cakes, cream pies, cheesecake, ice cream, cookies, etc. I gained sixteen pounds from IV fluids in ICU (I gained more in 2019) and about four pounds more in rehab.
    Hi Cindy, I love fish, fried Beer battered fish is my weakness.
    You are lucky if the hospital food was appetizing.
    When I had my youngest child was the last time I was hospitalized- The food was awful, Minimized portions...One time they even forgot about bringing me dinner AND breakfast! I wasn't on any special diet either..My husband was livid! he told them: "You forgot about my wife..How do we know you aren't forgetting to care for our baby?"
    The Baby stayed with us the whole time after that.
    Sounds like you had good care at the hospital you were in though, It goes a long way to having a speedy recovery.

Tonight we are having polish sausages in a slight sweet sauce, lemon/garlic potatoes with parsley & dill and broccoli with flavored olive oil.(kids love that) dinner rolls.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-07-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Potted meat, mayo, and potato chip sammie. I think.

Tuna fish on whole wheat and chips.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Roast beef & cheddar cheese sandwiches on toasted brioche buns with home made arbys type sauce-
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-08-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Tuna fish on whole wheat and chips.
    Have you tried Bumblebee tuna salad boxed lunches? They are amazing. I usually just eat the tuna salad on bread and save the crackers, cookie, and fruit cup for when I need extra calories.

I'm having Captain D left over from Wednesday. I think. Half each of grilled fish, rice, and baked potato.

Some type of fish and a salad
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

Fri:
    Pepperoni Pizza
    Sat:
    Leftover Pizza & Peppers/Broccoli
    Sun:
    Popcorn Chicken & Vegs/Fruit

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Roast beef & cheddar cheese sandwiches on toasted brioche buns with home made (well known roast beef fast food restaurant) type sauce-
    UPDATE: This was the first time I tried roast beef to replicate a popular fast food joint, These turned out to be exact (homemade sauce & all) except I used a sturdier bun instead of an onion bun-
    In our neck of the woods these go at the restaurants for 4.99 each- The home version was 1.60 each..it took me about a half hour with prep and cook/prepare time..not bad IMO, Quite a savings and a hit with my family
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-09-2017 at 07:05 AM.

UPDATE: This was the first time I tried roast beef to replicate a popular fast food joint, These turned out to be exact (homemade sauce & all) except I used a sturdier bun instead of an onion bun-
    In our neck of the woods these go at the restaurants for 4.99 each- The home version was 1.60 each..it took me about a half hour with prep and cook/prepare time..not bad IMO, Quite a savings and a hit with my family
    Sounds wonderful.

I'm having to stay up here until I get strong enough to climb down and up the stairs in one day. That's how weak I am. So, it's sandwiches and food that toesn't need refrigeration. I've been eating potted meat and chicken salad that comes in kits. I need to venture into other foods.

Tonight, I'm having a potted meat, potato chip, and mayo sammie, with a fresh peach.

Sounds wonderful.

I'm having to stay up here until I get strong enough to climb down and up the stairs in one day. That's how weak I am. So, it's sandwiches and food that toesn't need refrigeration. I've been eating potted meat and chicken salad that comes in kits. I need to venture into other foods.

Tonight, I'm having a potted meat, potato chip, and mayo sammie, with a fresh peach.
    Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that is happening to you- Having to be limited must be very frustrating.
    Is there anyone who could look in on you or bring you some hot food/fresh fruits or something?
    Do you have a mini fridge in your room? That would help to at least keep some food chilled.
    Our oldest had a very small room in apartment complex (honestly, her efficiency apt was the size of a box lol) it didn't have a real kitchen but that mini fridge came in really handy to keep a few things cold.
    Wishing you an easier road back to full recovery and wellness.
    Godspeed.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-09-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Have you tried Bumblebee tuna salad boxed lunches? They are amazing. I usually just eat the tuna salad on bread and save the crackers, cookie, and fruit cup for when I need extra calories.

I'm having Captain D left over from Wednesday. I think. Half each of grilled fish, rice, and baked potato.
    I haven't, Cindy, but will add it to my shopping list. My kids do my shopping, I only leave the house if it's absolutly nessary.

I've not decided on supper, either tater cakes and ham or a couple of frozen burritos, thawed and nuked.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Tonight its *Wet* beef taquitos covered with cheese-Kind of like a casserole, The kids love it.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that is happening to you- Having to be limited must be very frustrating.
    Is there anyone who could look in on you or bring you some hot food/fresh fruits or something?
    Do you have a mini fridge in your room? That would help to at least keep some food chilled.
    Our oldest had a very small room in apartment complex (honestly, her efficiency apt was the size of a box lol) it didn't have a real kitchen but that mini fridge came in really handy to keep a few things cold.
    Wishing you an easier road back to full recovery and wellness.
    Godspeed.
    Well, the illnesses punched me down hard and it's going to take time to get back to 100%.

I did considered a small fridge, but there is no one to tote up here.

Besides sandwiches, I've been eating fresh peaches, fruit cups, and the odd small chocolate chip cookie. I've had a quarter pounder and fish plate. I am not doing without. I seldom had a home cooked meal before I got sick. Don't like to clean up the mess and Sissy cooks just a few times a year. She's on vacation this week, and I hope she cooks at least one meal.

I live with Sissy. She gets my medicine and groceries for me.
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-09-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Well, the illnesses punched me down hard and it's going to take time to get back to 100%.

I did considered a small fridge, but there is no one to tote up here.

Besides sandwiches, I've been eating fresh peaches, fruit cups, and the odd small chocolate chip cookie. I've had a quarter pounder and fish plate. I am not doing without. I seldom had a home cooked meal before I got sick. Don't like to clean up the mess and Sissy cooks just a few times a year. She's on vacation this week, and I hope she cooks at least one meal.

I live with Sissy. She gets my medicine and groceries for me.
    Hi Cindy, imagine it did. Sounds like you have been through it!
    It does take a while to recover after all you have been through.
    Yeah those tiny fridges are nice to have- Wish we lived close to each other, I'd have someone bring ours to you- Along with some really goodchicken soup.
    The husband has one out in the garage that he rarely uses.
    Anyway, please know that I think all of us here are sending positive thoughts & wishes for your speedy recovery back to 100%- God bless.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-09-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Hi Cindy, imagine it did. Sounds like you have been through it!
    It does take a while to recover after all you have been through.
    Yeah those tiny fridges are nice to have- Wish we lived close to each other, I'd have someone bring ours to you- Along with some really goodchicken soup.
    The husband has one out in the garage that he rarely uses.
    Anyway, please know that I think all of us here are sending positive thoughts & wishes for your speedy recovery back to 100%- God bless.
    I really appreciate it.

What's for dinner tonight? The roast we were supposed to have last night. Just put it in the oven about 15 minutes ago, so here in 30 minutes I'll add the taters and carrots. Couldn't find my Worcestershire sauce....think the boys took it when they moved out thinking it was theirs. Oh well, it'll still be alright without it I guess. They left stuff that was theirs but took stuff that was mine.

Tomorrow night, Miss E will be on her own. I'm working a double, and Hubs works 8-close. I'm hoping he or Schmoo will be there to supervise her making some mac and cheese. I don't trust this kid to make ramen noodles by herself. I don't get paid until late tomorrow night so she can't come up and get dinner. Plus we're going to be busy, we have a fundraiser for one of the schools, which is why I'm working a double in the first place.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Tonight: Hot Dogs and Beans
    Tomorrow: Probably Hot Pocket & veggies
    Wednesday: Maybe some take-out .

Mini pizzas for the kids- a couple pot pies for me.

Chinese take away, shrimp w/cashew for me.

Quarter pounder. Much juicier than last week's. I needed it anyway after my upper body workout.

Last night: Chicken strips & peppers/broccoli with hummus.

Tonight: Cheese Tortellini with sauteed mushrooms and prego. With Garlic Bread. 😊.

Thursday: Haven't gotten that far.

The family wants spaghetti & meatballs...With homemade garlic bread..So mote it be. )

KFC. Grilled chicken legs, green beans, two or three wedge pieces.

Tonight? Parmesan Pasta Roni, with canned chicken added and topped with shredded mozzarella and provolone cheeses, served with slices of fresh Italian bread. Strawberry margeritas for dessert for me. I haven't been drinking much over the last two weeks since I had been sick. But a guest today asked for a margarita with his meal and well, that got me wanting one. LOL

Tomorrow? No clue. It's grocery store day and that day is always "fend for yourself from the store." Kids pick out what they want for supper, and I buy it with all the other groceries. They eat when they're ready.

Friday, I don't know yet. Money was tight last week for food because Hubs forgot about one bill coming through. He had no money, so I stepped up and paid it...and it left me with $10 to my name for an entire week. The church opened up the food pantry for us. So I still have pork chops, chicken breasts, spaghetti, and Hamburger Helper fixings.

Luckily I trained one day last week and worked a double yesterday so I got free food at work a couple of days, the other days I ate kid's meals. Didn't matter anyway because my appetite was still coming back so it was all good. At Freddy's, when you train someone, you get a free meal. I start training someone again tomorrow, same person I trained last week is continuing his training on cold line (front end). I'm training him I THINK the next five days I work.

I am not sure as it will be just me tonight. I had a huge lunch so I might just nibble on something
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

Zaxby's house zalad with grilled chicken and half a pouch of lite ranch dressing. No toast. Yum!

Tonight, fend for yourself. Flatbread pizzas for me and Schmoo, buffalo wings for Miss E.

Tomorrow, hot dogs and brats with chips.

Saturday, Hamburger Helper with extra cheese

Sunday, pork chops with green beans and "roni cheese"

Monday, breakfast-for-dinner: sausage and eggs

Tuesday, chicken with green beans and mashed 'taters

Wednesday, spaghetti with marinara sauce

Well, I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. Miss E needed "girlie stuffs," so I stopped for her stuffs and got a Stouffer's mac-and-cheese for dinner tonight. With extra Cheddar Jack cheese to go on top. Because we're cheesy like that.