Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 40474849
Results 2,401 to 2,428 of 2428

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Just discovered rollercoaster tycoon in the Amazon app store!! Loved that game, would play for hours watching ppl go on the craziest coasters, and then puke after 😛. But before I can waste my evening away, need to do some more cleaning.
    Love that game! I used to sit for hours playing!

Right now I'm struggling to go back to sleep after waking to pee.. .gotta be up to stay in 3 hours.....
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Looking for natural ways to get some sleep- I have already cut caffiene6 hours before bed-
    No liquids/ devices including tv.. etc... Just really tired.
    Lavender oil and a diffuser. But make sure it's real Lavender. 90% of the lavender on the market is synthetic, or it's the spike lavender or lavandin (which is NOT the same thing). Also, even if the bottle says "pure" or "all natural" doesn't really mean much. FDA says it only had to contain 5% real pure essential oils to be labeled that way
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Lavender oil and a diffuser. But make sure it's real Lavender. 90% of the lavender on the market is synthetic, or it's the spike lavender or lavandin (which is NOT the same thing). Also, even if the bottle says "pure" or "all natural" doesn't really mean much. FDA says it only had to contain 5% real pure essential oils to be labeled that way
    Thank you Sassy,
    You know, We purchased some peppermint oil a couple of weeks ago because it keeps ants and bugs at bay- But we bought it from a different store and our daughter had gotten it on her hands an allergic reaction of a itching burning rash
    Ensued-->
    Calamine lotion relieved it but she was miserable.We have never had that happen before...We finally figured it out that it was the peppermint oil.
    My husband made the comment at the time "what are they putting in this stuff?" What if she had used it in her bath? Can you imagine what would have happened?
    I never have had a lot of respect for the FDA because they don't regulate the things that should be strictly regulated.
    I do have an electric diffuser and I'll try the lavendar oil-
    Thank you again for the info

I don't know we can talk about where I get my oils from with out getting yelled at by the mods, but I only get my oils from one company. I wouldn't use oils from anywhere else.... they totally changed my life
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

Hi, hello, and howdy! I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. I s'pose by now y'all have heard there's a hurricane named after me, Hurricane Maria. Someone asked me what I was so pissed off about, and I said, "No coffee." ROFL

His, I don't know what to tell ya, I have trouble going to sleep, too. And trouble staying asleep. I have not cut out caffeine completely but I HAVE stopped drinking coffee after 2pm at the very latest. Since everything I like to drink (with the exception of alcohol) has caffeine in it, I go with the lesser of two evils and drink either diet soda or sweet tea. In fact when I tried out my new coffee maker late Saturday night, I put in a hot chocolate K-cup. I'm not a fan of hot tea or hot cider, I like them cold and my tea as sweet as I am.

I have found that the more relaxed I am, the easier it is for me to fall asleep. Which is probably why the alcohol lets me fall asleep easier, I'm super relaxed. What I do the other six nights a week though is read and play games like Candy Crush on my phone. For some reason, Candy Crush games make me sleepy. I can't explain it, I just go with it.

What am I doing right now? Struggling to see. I seem to have lost my near glasses in my room somewhere. I am wearing my distance glasses, and while I can see distances better, I can't see near very well. I was joking with my boss today, "Well, I can read the drinks on the drive-through screen....from halfway across cold line! [front line]" I was stubborn and dug my heals in about bifocals. "I don't wanna be OLD!" I cried. So I got one pair of glasses for near like reading, and one pair for distance like driving (even though I don't drive).

I'm also watching last night's DWTS and got a pan of Stouffer's mac-and-cheese in the oven. I forgot to take pork chops out of the freezer for tonight, so when I stopped at the store for "girlie stuffs" for Miss E, I picked up the Stouffer's.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

I don't know we can talk about where I get my oils from with out getting yelled at by the mods, but I only get my oils from one company. I wouldn't use oils from anywhere else.... they totally changed my life
    No reason why you can't post where you buy yours as long as you don't mention your business. I'd like to know myself.
    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Relaxing by the fire discussing house names. Hubby came up with Peacefull Willow, I had thought about Kozy Willow (the K had meaning). We're still in debates...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No reason why you can't post where you buy yours as long as you don't mention your business. I'd like to know myself.
    I use a company called Young Living. They are truly the world leaders in essential oils. They're products are amazing, and are the highest quality essential oils and essential oil infused products on the market. I wouldn't trust any other company. I've done so much research about oils and learned do much about all the garbage "oils" out there that I wouldn't use any other company.
    What if somebody was interested in getting their oils from Young Living. Could I pm them my member number?
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 09-20-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Relaxing by the fire discussing house names. Hubby came up with Peacefull Willow, I had thought about Kozy Willow (the K had meaning). We're still in debates...

I use a company called Young Living. They are truly the world leaders in essential oils. They're products are amazing, and are the highest quality essential oils and essential oil infused products on the market. I haven't nearly wouldn't trust any other company. I've done so much research about oils and learned do much about all the garbage "oils" out there that I wouldn't use any other company.
    What if somebody was interested in getting their oils from Young Living. Could I pm them my member number?
    No, ma'am

Thank you Sassy,
    You know, We purchased some peppermint oil a couple of weeks ago because it keeps ants and bugs at bay- But we bought it from a different store and our daughter had gotten it on her hands an allergic reaction of a itching burning rash
    Ensued-->
    Calamine lotion relieved it but she was miserable.We have never had that happen before...We finally figured it out that it was the peppermint oil.
    My husband made the comment at the time "what are they putting in this stuff?" What if she had used it in her bath? Can you imagine what would have happened?
    I never have had a lot of respect for the FDA because they don't regulate the things that should be strictly regulated.
    I do have an electric diffuser and I'll try the lavendar oil-
    Thank you again for the info
    Also a Himalayan Salt Lamp
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

Sucking a neutralizer.

Thinking about crawling back in bed. I got my Flu Shot yesterday. late afternoon, and still feel a bit wonky. Most years, it's about a 6 to 8 hour feeling. One of the strains of Flu they are vaccinating fro this year, must have my Name all over it. Plz let this shot work.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

Never got the flu shot, and I have only had the flu three times in my life, since moving here to San Diego I haven't been horribly sick in awhile, just a head cold once in awhile, but I think it's from pollen and pet dander.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~

Supposed to have gotten a pneumonia and flu shot in rehab. I know I got the pneumonia, but not sure about the flu.

Fixing to walk, stand, and perhaps edit.

Starting "Will & Grace" all over again with a drink in hand. Yes, Karen Walker is my spirit animal. ROFL. LOVE her.

Will: Jack, blind and DEAF people know you're gay.

Jack: Grace, did YOU know I was gay when you first met me?

Grace: My dog knew.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Starting "Will & Grace" all over again with a drink in hand. Yes, Karen Walker is my spirit animal. ROFL. LOVE her.

Will: Jack, blind and DEAF people know you're gay.

Jack: Grace, did YOU know I was gay when you first met me?

Grace: My dog knew.
    😂😂😂

Really can't wait for the show to start up again next week!!

As for my doings? Hopping around in here for a little bit before bed. Thinking I'm gonna spend the weekend cleaning the living room while watching a boatload of stuff on my cable box to make room for new stuff next week. 😀😀

Sipping decaf. It ain't real coffee, but it ain't bad.

Sipping decaf. It ain't real coffee, but it ain't bad.
    IMO, decaf is perfectly acceptable for satisfying coffee cravings from after noon on. It's also quite nice for mixing with Kahlua. It is also quite useful in testing new coffee makers purchased in the afternoon/evening. Just saying.

Right now? I'm listening to country music and drinking the last of my spiked mudslide. (Bottle of 25-proof premade-but-ready-to-serve mudslides that I've spiked with 70-proof whipped cream vodka.) I actually did something I NEVER do, and indulged in a little day drinking. I don't usually do that but since I'm getting up rather early tomorrow morning, it's in my best interest to drink earlier and crash earlier.

I'm also still reveling in how people can be SO EFFING STUPID. Yesterday I had a guest come in, and since I was on counter I took her order. She ordered, paid, THEN looked around. She asked me, "Is this Steak 'N Shake?" I tried hard not to laugh in her face, but said sweetly, "No, ma'am, this is Freddy's." After she left, I went to my wonder twin and told HER what had happened. Then I looked at my shirt, pointed to the Freddy's logo....took off my hat and said, "Yep, it says 'Freddy's.'" and we ALL bust a gut laughing.

Regular coffee wires me, so I drink decaf.

Just finished my workout. Lower body, 5 sets, 3 pound dumbbells, 15 reps each. Now I'm pooped.

I drink regular coffee to fuel my morning. Decaf in the afternoons/evenings I want a bit of coffee OR if I'm trying out a new coffee maker. Apparently WalMart doesn't carry decaf in the 3-KCup packs, so I ended up getting hot chocolate to try it with because I didn't get home with it till dang near 10pm.

Gaming, browsing the forum, proud of myself, I am down 29 pounds now.

Regular coffee wires me, so I drink decaf.

Just finished my workout. Lower body, 5 sets, 3 pound dumbbells, 15 reps each. Now I'm pooped.
    Hi Cindy,
    I like the smell of coffee brewing...Coffee doesn't wire me but I can only take one cup in the morning because I get too coffee logged and it upsets my stomach if I have more than one.
    Plus it has to be freshly brewed, I can't stand it if it has been on the burner for a while- Ack!
    The husband drinks it all day long- Even at night!

What am I doing? Just got done clearing out security cam footage and looking around here.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-24-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Hi Cindy,
    I like the smell of coffee brewing...Coffee doesn't wire me but I can only take one cup in the morning because I get too coffee logged and it upsets my stomach if I have more than one.
    Plus it has to be freshly brewed, I can't stand it if it has been on the burner for a while- Ack!
    The husband drinks it all day long- Even at night!

What am I doing? Just got done clearing out security cam footage and looking around here.
    Decaf makes me feel logged too, sometimes. That's why I quit drinking it for about a year or two. But it didn't do that in the hospital. Came home--ugh. Drinking too big of a cup, I think. So now on I'm going to get a small cup.

Ate lunch snack, taking middle breathing treatment, and fixing to continue pasting images of my exercises in my files for a handy guideline.

Too much coffee acts as a laxative for me. Yick! I know my limit though.

Right now I'm cooking up 3lbs of hamburger meat for tacos.....YUM.

Waiting for dinnertime.

Just got done making husbands lunch for work tomorrow night~pizzas with olive oil and rosemary crust....Meh, just watching that pantry ghost thingy on amazon. .
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-24-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Editing the historical and roaming around AW. I may go to bed or game. Hmmm.

Editing the historical and roaming around AW. I may go to bed or game. Hmmm.
    I sure do wish I could turn in for the night! Husband works til 1:00 am, So I couldn't sleep anyway

I sure do wish I could turn in for the night! Husband works til 1:00 am, So I couldn't sleep anyway
    Didn't sleep. I laid there. Now I'm up again.