Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3946474849 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 2428

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Went to bed. Had to get up to take something for my legs. I have trouble with them as it is without doing thigh exercises and walking, but there it is.
    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Looking around for a new toothbrush sanitizer for [4]
    ->Ours gave up the ghost today we have hadit for a while so.. not complaining.
    Resorting to Ebay & Amazon because heaven forbid they carry it around here!!! (Rolling eyes in disgust)
    I honestly feel these ppl around here are going to bore, blah and bland themselves to death!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Up from a sound sleep just for a potty and a sip of Diet Coke. That was an hour ago. Going back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Up from a sound sleep just for a potty and a sip of Diet Coke. That was an hour ago. Going back to bed.
    Hi Cindy
    Ooh don't ya just hate that?
    I'm in my middle 50s and I too have to get up a couple times a night-
    Add in a little dog who sometimes has to be taken to her pad 3x a night (the husband usually takes her though)
    It's hard to get back to sleep after that, Unless I've taken a night time tablet (costco brand) then I am usually able to get back to sleep-
    We recently used a costco melatonin and it had a reverse affect on me! I was up all night long and nauseous.
    That sure didn't help SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi Cindy
    Ooh don't ya just hate that?
    I'm in my middle 50s and I too have to get up a couple times a night-
    Add in a little dog who sometimes has to be taken to her pad 3x a night (the husband usually takes her though)
    It's hard to get back to sleep after that, Unless I've taken a night time tablet (costco brand) then I am usually able to get back to sleep-
    We recently used a costco melatonin and it had a reverse affect on me! I was up all night long and nauseous.
    That sure didn't help SMH.
    I have a small bladder, plus I take a water pill of an evening. I did get back to sleep and didn't wake until after 8am.

I've been busy tracking down portable exercise equipment. They gave me a piece of stretch band in PT, but I want to do two arms at once (shoulder muscles), and found a pack of different weights (didn't know they came in weight) and ordered them. I earmarked hand strengths, thigh squeeze ball (think Thighmaster type thingy), a band strenght workout book, that I can remember. Added 2 exercises to each body part routine--found a great one for the obliques. Ate lunch. Fixing to edit/write new copy on my autobiography. I want to get into the historical, but today is auto day.

Watching "North Woods Law." Not sure why I got hooked on this show.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

Just did the dishes and cat box, now I'm chilling in bed, and may poke around on YouTube a bit.

Breakfast. Chicken salad sammie and diced peaches cup. Next I'll put on my mouth and do lower body exercises.

Right now just looking around for recipes to make room sprays to combat the dog stench next door- Disgusting.

Right now, I'm about to get a roast in the oven. I was supposed to make it for dinner last night but that didn't happen. I spent the weekend in bed and it did me some good. I'm feeling better and no longer hacking up a lung. Still not 100% yet but definitely an improvement. Sense of humor is coming back, much to Hubby's annoyance. ROFL.

I just love coming home to kitties. I came in the door tonight and Max hurries in for his "Momma's home" pets. Not to be outdone, Fluffers comes trotting in and in her hums and chirps, tells her Abuela all about her day. I love it. They are as cute as buttons. Ornery as hell, but adorable enough to not get into any trouble.
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

When you tell your son not to drink after you because you've been sick...and HE says, "I'm sick anyway." *facepalm* That's WHY I told him to NOT drink after me....
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Waiting for Hubby to get off his phone call with SONY, it's a phone interview, and he did a video interview last night for another company, then he has another company that is supposed to be calling him for an interview, so hopefully one of those pan out, my hope is it's the second one as that one will be full time, SONY would be nice but it's a contract job, however getting discounts on games and consoles would be a great perk as well, and look good on his resume.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

Posting on FAD after a power and internet outage due to TS Irma.

Relaxing before bed. May poke around youtube a bit. Dishes are all washed and everybody's bellies are full. Kitchen is closed 😁

Breakfast

Just getting up, hubby's phone interview went well, he has another phone interview with the hiring manager of SONY today, I was mistaken, with SONY it will be a full time job, keeps fingers crossed that all goes well, right now I am just browsing FAD, corrected someone on a post they posted about Trump on facebook, it was a picture showing Trump rescuing two cats from the Flood, I googled the picture, it came up as being false, the picture was from 2008 of a guy saving his own cats from a flood.

But yet people want to believe that Trump really did do something like that. Any way, going to finish browsing find a dead and then maybe work on my book this morning. Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a great day.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~

I saw that somewhere. The poster admitted it was false, but interesting. Uh, no, it's not. And I bet Trump hasn't dressed down like that in 50 years, if ever.

What am I doing? Searching for a better pic for the cover of my autobiography. The one I have resembles me, but the baby isn't facing the camera. Might have to settle for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Just getting up, hubby's phone interview went well, he has another phone interview with the hiring manager of SONY today, I was mistaken, with SONY it will be a full time job, keeps fingers crossed that all goes well, right now I am just browsing FAD, corrected someone on a post they posted about Trump on facebook, it was a picture showing Trump rescuing two cats from the Flood, I googled the picture, it came up as being false, the picture was from 2008 of a guy saving his own cats from a flood.

But yet people want to believe that Trump really did do something like that. Any way, going to finish browsing find a dead and then maybe work on my book this morning. Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a great day.
    Hi PK Thank you for posting on that pic-
    As "seemingly" callous as DT is, You would have to be a special kind of stupid to believe he would actually wade in any water to save a living creature. To go so far as to doctor up a photo to make their furor look good-Makes me wonder what kind of a spell his supporters are under???
    They seem to defend anything he does even though he doesn't give a rats ass about them!
    JMO-
    Good luck to your husband on the job offer , Just think positive-
    He sounds like a smart cookie, Bet he gets it.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-13-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Home. Got off work a little after 5, had to wait on Hubs because his mom and I both got off at 5 and she won't wait for anything. I graciously tell him to just get her first, and I will wait patiently. Besides, I don't always get off right on time anyway. I had to stop at the grocery store before coming home because I needed milk to make dinner. Got some Parmesan "Pasta Roni" I'm going to make and add some canned chicken to it, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve with Italian bread and voila. Dinner. But first...the vent thread....

Texting back and forth with Brittany. Continued on the vent thread...

Right now, I'm drinking a strawberry margerita or four and listening to country music. Here's a funny thing that happened at work today....

We are short on supervisors right now and have had a different "visiting" supervisor pretty much every day from other stores. Today's supervisor came in this morning, and was greeting everybody and he got to me. He notices my skin color, and asks my name. "Maria," I answered. He immediately asked where I was from, and I said, "Um, Kansas City." He THEN asks WHY my name is Maria.

All I could do was laugh. Uh, 'cuz that's what my momma called me? As he was just a visitor, I didn't say anything about being Mexican-born in Kansas City and then adopted into a white family. I just said my birthparents were Mexican, which they are, and that I was working on becoming fluent in Spanish. He tells me he actually speaks less English than what he lets on, so I spoke to him in Spanish as much as I could, and translated for my Spanishly-challenged and my still-learning wondertwin.

THEN, after school Miss E shows up. I ask her in Spanish what she wants, she looks confused, the manager starts laughing and asks if she speaks any Spanish. I say I'm trying to teach her. She makes a valiant attempt, and he gives her a free sundae. Hubs comes in much later, after I'm off, sees me, and starts speaking Spanish to me. Except when Hubs speaks to me, it's peppered with "pinche" everywhere. "Pinche" is pronounced "PEEN-chay" and means "fucking." The manager hears Hubs and me, going back-and-forth, and all he can do is laugh as we leave. I like this kid, even if he IS the same age as Schmoo.

Right now waiting for tech guy from DISH to show up, got cable turned back on and our HD channels aren't working, it's giving us an error, hubby's phone interview went well, The Hiring manager wants to set up a face to face interview soon and meet with hubbs and have hubbs meet the team he may be working with if he gets the job, hubbs said the hiring manager wants to do it ASAP as he will be going on vacation for two weeks and doesn't want to wait that long to interview hubby. The only thing I am not going to like about if hubby gets the job is that he has to travel several times a year to Japan and other countries where SONY is and be gone for a week, we haven't been apart that long since I have moved here, it's going to be hard the first few times.

Editing cosmetics on the historical. I had each chapter start a few lines below where the one before it to save space. Decided, wtheck, and now all sixty chapters start on a new page. That gives me 270+ pages. Woot! Not bad for a 108,000+ word count.

Next I'm going to walk and then take a nape, or at least rest for a while.

Nice Cindy, Naps are good. I just woke up from a nap, posting on FAD, watching Paranormal Witness. Hubby has a face to face interview with the hiring manager and the team he will be heading on Tuesday, things are moving along. I am also feeling anxious so will not be going to family gathering at the restaurant. I hate anxiety and panic attacks. So I'll just curl up at home and watch t.v.

Editing the historical. Fixing to walk, then play games.

Got a flatbread pizza in the oven and sipping on some butterscotch Schnapps. I haven't drank much in the last two weeks due to being sick so yes. I'm making up for lost time. LOL!

I love that photoshopped pic of Trump rescuing kitties.

This Just In! Trump actually has a heart of gold! Also, his fat ass has lost a hundred pounds!
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

LOL Upset!.

Not to mention, I don't think Trump has worn a t-shirt ever in his LIFE. AND I can't see him caring about kitties, I can't see him caring about ANYTHING more than himself.

Ria I agree with you 100 percent.

What am I up to now? Drinking Diet Dr Pepper with cherry vodka and watching the newest Jeff Dunham comedy special on Netflix. Once I finish the Diet Dr Pepper I brought home from work, I have two 2-liters of Diet Cherry Dr Pepper.

Editing.

Watching Dr. G, browsing FAD, and about to game, will go for a walk tonight

Gearing up to walk and do my upper body workout.

Home from church. Home alone so I have a TV dinner in tge oven and I'm sipping on a cup of amaretto coffee madr in my new coffee maker. Tried it out with hot chocolate last night because it was after 10pm when I set it up and I wanted to sleep last night. Lol

My Keurig had a infestation of BUGS. Apparently the 2.0 that I had is prone to that????? What the actual eff???? So I ditched it and replaced it with a Hamilton Beach model that can brew either a single cup or an entire pot. I only see myself brewing a whole pot when Schmoo is around to join me.

Brainstorming names for our house. It's a 100 year old farmhouse on 8 acres. I'd like to try and incorporate the willow tree in the back yard (since it was instrumental in us falling in love with this place)... naming things is hard.
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Brainstorming names for our house. It's a 100 year old farmhouse on 8 acres. I'd like to try and incorporate the willow tree in the back yard (since it was instrumental in us falling in love with this place)... naming things is hard.
    Your house sounds lovely, Congratulations! My grandparents had weeping willow trees, They were so pretty.
    What about Willow acres?
    Wishing you much happiness and blessings in your new home.

Lone Willow?

Putting my two oldest nieces on restriction on FB.

Binge watching "How It's Made." Fascinating show. Really looking forward to the start of Ken Burn's "The Vietnam War" tonight on PBS. It will be 10 shows with 18 hours total.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

Oh if those walls could talk what stories, wonder who lived there back in the day and me being a paranormal investigator is wondering is it haunted...

Thanks I think Hubby thinks I'm crazy because I want to name the place ( he's like "what's wrong with just calling it home??" Lol), but I just really feel like the place deserves a name
    ya know, I thought the same (about the paranormal thing), but I haven't felt/seen/heard ANYTHING paranormal since we've lived here. I do have a spirit box around here somewhere, and I've thought about breaking it out (if I could find it lol) but I just haven't yet.
    "Deal with the world like you are shopping at a garage sale- Calmly sift through the crap with a smile! Only buy what you need!" ~ Donnie Wahlberg Words of Wisdom

In my neck of the woods estates have names and houses are called by the name of whoever originally lived there, architecture, or the most known owner. I've lived in the Fraser House. Granny and Papa lived in the Knight House (knight as in the peaked dome built into the front side) and the Pirkle House. There's the Victor House, which I believe is haunted. And the Big House. I like names for houses, too, Sassy.
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-17-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Just discovered rollercoaster tycoon in the Amazon app store!! Loved that game, would play for hours watching ppl go on the craziest coasters, and then puke after 😛. But before I can waste my evening away, need to do some more cleaning.

Thanks I think Hubby thinks I'm crazy because I want to name the place ( he's like "what's wrong with just calling it home??" Lol), but I just really feel like the place deserves a name
    ya know, I thought the same (about the paranormal thing), but I haven't felt/seen/heard ANYTHING paranormal since we've lived here. I do have a spirit box around here somewhere, and I've thought about breaking it out (if I could find it lol) but I just haven't yet.
    I like names for houses as well, when I had my own place it took months before anything paranormal happened, have you started renovating anything on it?
    Willowlane, Willowdale, Willowglen,

Willow House

Just called Miss E out of school. She appears to have caught what I had and feels miserable. Schmoo had it too, but neither listened when I told them not to drink after me.

I like names for houses as well, when I had my own place it took months before anything paranormal happened, have you started renovating anything on it?
    We have. We've ripped out most of the flooring (found original hardwood in the living room ❤️❤️), some painting, tore down paneling in the living room,we tore down the covered porch and we're in the process of building a sun room in place of it. When we're done with the porch, we're going to really start on the inside (building a master bathroom, redoing the old bathroom, redoing the ceiling and 1 wall (stupid paneling) and foooring in our bedroom), do that might stir something up. Up stairs were pretty much just going to do flooring.

We didn't have a "real" old house [it was built late 40s] the night we moved in, Shit started-then stopped- then started after of all things, painting!
    Of course having a mr. Negativity there didn't help

Looking for natural ways to get some sleep- I have already cut caffiene6 hours before bed-
    No liquids/ devices including tv.. etc... Just really tired.

Reading the news. Georgia Tech students are rioting after cops shot a student on campass. Why did cops shoot him? Because he didn't know what part of "Drop the knife" means. This creature was not black. He was a white male with ties to Pride. They've arrested two men and a woman for inciting the riot. They aren't sure if these three stupids are even students of Georgia Tech.
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-18-2017 at 09:21 PM.