Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 284

Thread: Prince

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    lol. I'm so glad he gave it the go ahead. I mean yes they were using his name, but it was also the product's name, and it's not like his name is a proper name anyway, it's a word that other people should be free to use. But anyway, I'm glad he liked it. A lot of people would say he was aloof and unfriendly, but I think he was just shy. He was shy as a child. He did a lot of fan shows and after parties at Paisley Park for like 200 people. They talked to a few people who had been there, one guy who was a DJ many times and he said that P was never anything but nice. All that stuff about not looking him in the eyes, not speaking to him until he speaks to you, etc... was just nonsense. I've heard quite a few people who were at these things who said he was very nice. I'm sure he had his diva moments (painting a house purple, monogrammed carpet in a house he doesn't own, whatever) but overall I think he was just an easy target for rumors like that since he was shy.

    Now if he had gone with the stage name he wanted to he wouldn't have had that problem with the spaghetti. It was "Mr. Nelson". The news was talking to the guy who met Prince when he was 16 after hearing him play and gave him the keys to his recording studio. He insisted Prince already had the perfect name for a performer, and he should use it. Thankfully Prince listened.

    eta: I heard he had been seeing a holistic practitioner recently but I'm not sure of the timeline. Maybe he realized that he did need the medication and to treat it in a more traditional way. But if it was that bad why didn't they keep him in the hospital on the 15th, when he was taken in after the emergency flight landing?
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-21-2016 at 05:58 PM.


  2. #52
    Have you guys seen this? And I don't think the cause of Vanity's death has been released, has it?

    http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016...aids/1258.html

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    Have you guys seen this? And I don't think the cause of Vanity's death has been released, has it?

    http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016...aids/1258.html
    that would explain the pneumonia

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    Have you guys seen this? And I don't think the cause of Vanity's death has been released, has it?

    http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016...aids/1258.html
    Hadn't seen that but I did mention reading some speculation about Prince in the blind item and then other brought up Vanity. The only thing off is the timeline, the blind item said the person got HIV/AIDS in the 90s... wasn't Prince with Vanity in the early 80s?


  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Hadn't seen that but I did mention reading some speculation about Prince in the blind item and then other brought up Vanity. The only thing off is the timeline, the blind item said the person got HIV/AIDS in the 90s... wasn't Prince with Vanity in the early 80s?
    Yes.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,756
    TMZ reporting drug....possible overdose days before. Damn

    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...overdose-dead/
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    TMZ reporting drug....possible overdose days before. Damn

    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...overdose-dead/
    They tend to give opiates to people who are terminally ill.

    Prince and Vanity died at about the same time. That suggests that, if indeed they had AIDS, they may have stopped taking their medication at the same time. The rumor online is that Prince stopped taking his AiDS medication two years ago and the doctors recently declared him terminal. We'll know eventually.

  8. #58
    This is from three days ago.

    http://blindgossip.com/?p=77843

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,423
    I heard the news in a professional enviroment earlier today. Then everyone in the room started wondering what happened. I said, lemme check, and came to the forum and started reading a few of the posts in this thread to them. They asked, what is that? It has everything people know so far in one place? I said yep, and showed 'em.

    Prince's Purple Rain is associated with so many memories in my life.

    When I got in my car to leave for the day, I popped in my PR cd, blasted it window down, driving home with windows vibrating from the sound, as I sang along and did that driving dance most of us do when our favorite songs are on in the car. He was belting out, "baby I'm a starrrrr" as I pulled into my driveway. Yep, you are a star dude. Forever.
    .

    Life goes on.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    456
    A huge rainbow appears over his home:
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince...-paisley-park/

    Heard the TMZ website crashed due to so many trying to find out what happened with Prince.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843
    A $300 million estate - no wife/parents or kids - the Kingdom Hall could be in for a huge cash inflow

    http://www.ibtimes.com/who-gets-prin...-grabs-2357613

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CUMberland, Maryland
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    They tend to give opiates to people who are terminally ill.

    Prince and Vanity died at about the same time. That suggests that, if indeed they had AIDS, they may have stopped taking their medication at the same time. The rumor online is that Prince stopped taking his AiDS medication two years ago and the doctors recently declared him terminal. We'll know eventually.

    I have my doubts that Prince had AIDS. If he did how could he had done that concert last week in Atlanta ?? The fans who were there would had known "something" was wrong and that pic of him riding his bike recently ?? I would imagine those in the last stages of AIDS would had been way too weak from their illness to do such things. Now HIV one could easily.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    We saw that rainbow!! My uncle came over and told us about it. I didn't realize it went all the way over to Paisley Park.


  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I have my doubts that Prince had AIDS. If he did how could he had done that concert last week in Atlanta ?? The fans who were there would had known "something" was wrong and that pic of him riding his bike recently ?? I would imagine those in the last stages of AIDS would had been way too weak from their illness to do such things. Now HIV one could easily.
    I don't know that I buy the AIDS thing either, but those who went to his surprise dance party where he showed off his new purple piano at PP last Saturday said he looked pale and very thin and weak.

    A $300 million estate - no wife/parents or kids - the Kingdom Hall could be in for a huge cash inflow

    http://www.ibtimes.com/who-gets-prin...-grabs-2357613
    I was wondering where his money was going to go. Wasn't sure both his parents were dead. But yeah, could be good for them [JW]. I wonder if we'll hear about his will. I doubt he wouldn't have had one in place.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-21-2016 at 08:34 PM.


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,423
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    We saw that rainbow!! My uncle came over and told us about it. I didn't realize it went all the way over to Paisley Park.
    Very cool, Bettie.
    .

    Life goes on.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,165
    I'm just stunned. It's so surreal. He was a big big part of my high school years. I hate that I never got to see him play live. I'm very interested in what the autopsy report says.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    CUMberland, Maryland
    Posts
    1,627
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I don't know that I buy the AIDS thing either, but those who went to his surprise dance party where he showed off his new purple piano at PP last Saturday said he looked pale and very thin and weak.
    I did hear on TV that he was seen pale, thin and weak too. I was thinking about Freddy Mercury and Rock Hudson in their last days. Wasn't Freddy to the point where he was not only almost blind but even needed help to go to the bathroom ?? Rock Hudson I believe was bedridden during his last days. Last year I had a friend who had died from AIDS. For years he was a big time skateboarder. The last few months of his life he was so weak he could not even turn on the TV much less ride a skateboard.

  19. #69
    Blind Gossip called it three days ago. I can't imagine what would be more convincing than that.

    Meanwhile, someone needs to take a look at Vanity's death certificate and see what it actually says on there.

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    The icons of my life are dropping in rapid succession.

    RIP
    I know exactly how you are feeling!!!

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    The Blind Gossip page keeps giving errors for max users. Guess they are pretty busy. I did get in to the main page for a few seconds and it has big red letters on the AIDS item saying they are working on a "big update" to it.


  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Holy shit! Look at the crowd at First Avenue. There is a dance party going on inside but there are so many people it's basically turned into a block party.

    Here's a pic just in case the video that's live right now is gone later:


    http://www.kare11.com/entertainment/...t-57/147287242
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-21-2016 at 10:42 PM.


  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    723
    RIP Prince.
    My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    213
    Another great loss. 2016 has been a shit year so far!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,394
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    A $300 million estate - no wife/parents or kids - the Kingdom Hall could be in for a huge cash inflow

    http://www.ibtimes.com/who-gets-prin...-grabs-2357613

    Didn't he have a sister?

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,756
    TMZ reporting Percocet OD days before death

    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death/
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  27. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Didn't he have a sister?
    He had six siblings on his dad's side, but I don't know how many are still alive, or who he talks to.

    Does anyone know this - - I'm a little unclear on whether he was raised Jehovah' Witness or if he just converted to it. I realize he probably wasn't practicing at the time he wrote Darling Nikki and LRC but I thought maybe it was something he rededicated himself to when he got older. It's not common but still not unheard of in MN. Anyway, I was just wondering if religion either might have caused issues with him and his siblings, if he was even close with them. Yesterday the local stations were scrambling to stay on live all day with the story so they were getting anyone and everyone who'd ever talked to him to call in for a while, and I did see a cousin of his interviewed on the news yesterday with the caption "Prince was always nice to me", so that doesn't imply he was close with extended family but maybe he did have some nieces and nephews. Hopefully he had some family still that he was close to, it would be sad if he didn't.

    Re: The Percocet. I wonder if this will turn into an MJ thing now too. Because if he went to Walgreens 4 times he wasn't getting his own Rx, because Walgreens is the biggest bitch when it comes to filling CII meds like percocet, he'd have had to be getting them under different names, etc... or he was at a point where the doctor would literally write to take as many as he needed otherwise there'd be no way for him to fill that many times in that many days. I went to Walgreens when my regular pharm was out of something pain meds without acetaminophen because I'd had a liver tox issue and was told no acetaminophen. My doc gave me a new script for oxycodone without the apap and Walgreens wouldn't fill it because i had 3 days of the other ones (that I could no longer take) left without calling my doctor to make sure he knew. he wrote both the damn scripts, of course he knows. They double check everything there. So he might have had different people getting him prescriptions if this was an od.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-22-2016 at 09:27 AM.


  28. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    82
    I used to work for Walgreens and I'm still a member of a bunch of Walgreens Employee online groups. I think they might be blowing this Walgreens thing out of proportion...He was a regular customer at a Walgreens and the employees mentioned it in the groups whenever he came in (which was regularly). He was always buying 5 hour energy drinks and such. He was shopping there just a couple of weeks ago. I hope it's okay that I mention this here since it's from a private online community. :P

    Oh, and, that Walgreens is/was getting called by TMZ and other media outlets who are hungry for info. They honestly have nothing to say about it! He was just a regular customer.

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,775
    This is somewhat Prince related but my gosh this little prick is so self absorbed. https://uk.style.yahoo.com/justin-bi...090000961.html
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  30. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    One theory - he had pneumonia and wasn't taking his medications. As he got sicker in the last few days he was taking more than he should have - hence the visits to the pharmacy. Should be an interesting autopsy/cause of death.
    I knew a man who died of AIDS-related pneumonia. It could have been that. AIDS can killl a person in several ways.

    If it was AIDS, then why didn't he tell the truth about it, like Magic Johnson did? Maybe he thought he'd be mocked because of his salacious music, his eye shadow and the rest. He might have had to change his whole act.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 04-22-2016 at 12:48 PM.

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,624
    I am going to say Drug related heart attack, TMZ reported they got many reports from people that told them that the hospital visit that Prince did was for treatment for a drug overdose. Not sure how true it is, but flu like symptoms could also mimic a heart attack, the hospital wanted to keep him over night but Prince and party left when they couldn't get a private room for Prince. I just googled something about him having AIDS and it hasn't been confirmed or not that he had it, so am not sure.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-22-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  32. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I am going to say Drug related heart attack, TMZ reported they got many reports from people that told them that the hospital visit that Prince did was for treatment for a drug overdose. Not sure how true it is, but flu like symptoms could also mimic a heart attack, the hospital wanted to keep him over night but Prince and party left when they couldn't get a private room for Prince. I just googled something about him having AIDS and it hasn't been confirmed or not that he had it, so am not sure.
    I posted above that people who are terminally ill are often given opiates. He could have OD'd on them. Meanwhile, this is from TMZ:

    http://fox6now.com/2016/04/21/tmz-pr...th-was-coming/

  33. #83

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    That site looks a little suspect. The blind gossip AIDS speculation one looks legit to me though because tons of people were commenting on it as soon as it was posted. Many thought Prince but others were speculating it was El Debarge.

  35. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    296
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince...ause-of-death/

    TMZ - Autopsy complete - No cause of death yet...

  36. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,671
    The stories are coming out of the woodwork, I had never heard he had epilepsy as a child, or that he had a hip replacement in 2010 and other stories saying he was on the percocet because he couldn't have hip replacement surgery?
    Morgan

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Murder will trot next. Watch.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  38. #88
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    That site looks a little suspect. The blind gossip AIDS speculation one looks legit to me though because tons of people were commenting on it as soon as it was posted. Many thought Prince but others were speculating it was El Debarge.
    I have to agree with Jefe, this link looks a little shady. I am sure if there was an official release from his publicist that it was from AIDS it would be all over TMZ, StarTrib, etc...

    Sounds like something related to drugs, since they have to wait for tox. I'm guessing that even if it was his heart they think it might be related to the drugs. I hate when we have to wait, but it won't be a surprise. I thought JW didn't believe in medicine, though, or am I thinking of another religion? He seems to have been a pretty big believer.


  39. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I have to agree with Jefe, this link looks a little shady. I am sure if there was an official release from his publicist that it was from AIDS it would be all over TMZ, StarTrib, etc...

    Sounds like something related to drugs, since they have to wait for tox. I'm guessing that even if it was his heart they think it might be related to the drugs. I hate when we have to wait, but it won't be a surprise. I thought JW didn't believe in medicine, though, or am I thinking of another religion? He seems to have been a pretty big believer.
    JWs do take medications - but surgery can be a problem because of the possible need for blood transfusions. I'm not sure if a transfusion would be needed for hip replacement.

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    JWs do take medications - but surgery can be a problem because of the possible need for blood transfusions. I'm not sure if a transfusion would be needed for hip replacement.
    There's always a risk of bleeding during any surgery. And he did indeed have the operation. http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...267#post179267
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-22-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843
    most people thought the cane was for style


  42. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    most people thought the cane was for style

    It must have hurt like the devil performing.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  43. #93
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Murder will trot next. Watch.
    Could end up like an Anna Nicole (I know murder wasn't really an issue there) or Corey Haim or MJ thing, with doctors prescribing medications in other names so they could get more than someone else would be able to gather. It's probably hard to prove though, especially if they were writing them for actual people he knew instead of fictitious names. Controlled drugs are really monitored here, like I was saying, and Walgreens is especially strict on when you can fill and what you can fill


  44. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    35,578
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Could end up like an Anna Nicole (I know murder wasn't really an issue there) or Corey Haim or MJ thing, with doctors prescribing medications in other names so they could get more than someone else would be able to gather. It's probably hard to prove though, especially if they were writing them for actual people he knew instead of fictitious names. Controlled drugs are really monitored here, like I was saying, and Walgreens is especially strict on when you can fill and what you can fill
    ITA.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

    You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,843
    Looks like Will Smith was the last person he spoke to:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-results.html

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Looks like Will Smith was the last person he spoke to:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-results.html
    Bullshit. Not buying that for a minute !
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  47. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  48. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    24
    TMZ reports:
    Prince Investigation Cops Open Up ... Here's What We Know
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince...ounty-sheriff/

  49. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,379
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I am going to say Drug related heart attack, TMZ reported they got many reports from people that told them that the hospital visit that Prince did was for treatment for a drug overdose. Not sure how true it is, but flu like symptoms could also mimic a heart attack, the hospital wanted to keep him over night but Prince and party left when they couldn't get a private room for Prince. I just googled something about him having AIDS and it hasn't been confirmed or not that he had it, so am not sure.
    I have to agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  50. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chattaboogie, TN
    Posts
    225
    CNN is reporting his remains have been cremated and his final resting place will remain secret. I had to look up JW's beliefs on cremation, since it's my understanding JW's believe that you don't die, you just go to sleep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •