Thread: Would you want to live in an old tv show?

Would you want to live in an old tv show?

It's been some years since i saw the movie Pleasantville but the 1990s girl's decision to (temporarily) stay still seems foolish. It's still 1958 America, she's still a female in that time period and if she does return to the real world, her education is 40 years out of date and no 1998 institution would honor her degree from a fictional version of Eisenhower-era America.

a real world teenager transported to a fifties sitcom: I don't think many modern young girls would appreciate not being able to wear pants to school, being expected to perform Christianity and attend church or suffer repercussions, being nicknamed something like Kitten and being expected to get their "MRS" instead of an actual education.

Oh and only having newspapers, radio and TV would probably suck to a modern kid...

I sometimes feel that I'm living either in The Land Of The Lost or The Twilight Zone.
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I sometimes feel that I'm living either in The Land Of The Lost or The Twilight Zone.
    Yep, me too.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

The Avengers...............................

I love the movie Pleasantville. I'd do it for a while. If I could come back whenever I wanted I'd like to live in a few different tv shows for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yep, me too.
    I feel you! LOL
    Last edited by cindyt; 09-09-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Gilligan's Island or Petticoat Junction might not be so bad for a few days.

I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched too...
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

"I Dream Of Jeannie and Bewitched too..." in a polygamous marriage. Yeah, I could handle that. Throw Serena in for a bit of spice.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

I feel like I'm living in "The United States of Tara."
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Most of the time I feel that I am is The Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Mr. Jangles and I do call our area 'The Twilight Zone'! It really is one, but in a good way.

We bought a house in an off-shore burb of Montreal in 2010. We love the house. I fell in love with the photo of it online. When we first visited it at the end of March, in the slushy snow, I was drawn to it even more.

No neighbours across the street. Instead, there's a park, a petanque court, trees and the river.

There is a thrift shop that is located on the corner of our street and another small street. For any of you who like scavenging/dumpster diving, as we do, the pickins' in the dumpster are excellent.

I used to want Mary Tyler Moore's job at WJM and her apartment, until I found our house.

I don't think I could handle the Leave it to Beaver perfect family scenario. I've been white trash for far too long and it wouldn't take long before that perfect tv world would implode on itself due to me introducing profanity, drinking or smoking to it.

I would love to live in a small English village like in The Last of the Summer Wine or The Vicar of Dibley.

I do live in a small English village not far from where they filmed the Last of The Summer Wine .I have to say it's as lovely as it looks on the TV .But I would have liked to step into the Waltons or Little House on the Prairie for a while

Next door to Bob and Emily on The Bob Newhart show (1972-1978)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Next door to Bob and Emily on The Bob Newhart show (1972-1978)
    That's not a bad choice I'd say.

Bob worked during the day; that means that Emily...
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.