Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 96 of 96

Thread: Chris Cornell - Soungarden, Audioslave

  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    The two pictures make me believe that could be his eldest daughter, yes. The first pic, she was obviously younger. Her age now, I've read, is 16. The eyes look the same in both pictures, IMO!
    Definitely looks like the same girl to me.


  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    The two pictures make me believe that could be his eldest daughter, yes. The first pic, she was obviously younger. Her age now, I've read, is 16. The eyes look the same in both pictures, IMO!
    Well it's odd how the other two haven't changed much but she has maybe it's an age thing though I have noticed with other people and family some people's faces change and others do not as they age over the course of their life

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    I found this about the middle of the page above the picture of Brad Pitt leaving the funeral

    And the Cornell family is still trying to make sense of the star’s apparent suicide by hanging on May 18. According to TMZ, they aren’t fully convinced that Cornell, a former addict, took his life — and they’re now battling with the City of Detroit over it. The family’s lawyer requested police and toxicology reports, but they were shut down, being told that the release of such info would “compromise and/or interfere with their investigation.” Further, the family takes issue with the fact that the Wayne County Medical Examiner publicly announced Cornell’s cause of death as a suicide when the full autopsy hadn’t been completed.

    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/brad...192754590.html

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    I found this about the middle of the page above the picture of Brad Pitt leaving the funeral

    And the Cornell family is still trying to make sense of the star’s apparent suicide by hanging on May 18. According to TMZ, they aren’t fully convinced that Cornell, a former addict, took his life — and they’re now battling with the City of Detroit over it. The family’s lawyer requested police and toxicology reports, but they were shut down, being told that the release of such info would “compromise and/or interfere with their investigation.” Further, the family takes issue with the fact that the Wayne County Medical Examiner publicly announced Cornell’s cause of death as a suicide when the full autopsy hadn’t been completed.

    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/brad...192754590.html
    I can't read the link right now but if what is being reported is true what do they think it was? Seems pretty clear it was suicide unless we aren't hearing something. I know its hard to accept sometimes. I guess we'll see if anything else comes out.
    Okay read it that is a nice pic of brad and Chris, much better than the other pictures of Chris that were used in some articles. That's nice of him to hang out with the kids but what about the older girl? Well he probably misses his kids and its good for them to have a male role model.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 06-02-2017 at 01:02 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I can't read the link right now but if what is being reported is true what do they think it was? Seems pretty clear it was suicide unless we aren't hearing something. I know its hard to accept sometimes. I guess we'll see if anything else comes out.
    Okay read it that is a nice pic of brad and Chris, much better than the other pictures of Chris that were used in some articles. That's nice of him to hang out with the kids but what about the older girl? Well he probably misses his kids and its good for them to have a male role model.
    I copied and pasted the most important part I just added the link so if anyone wanted to see it for themselves they could so they could know where I got it from

    I'll gladly accept it as a suicide I'm just curious as to why the police think if the family have the police and toxicology reports why that would effect the investigation if it was ruled a suicide and a full autopsy wasn't supposedly complete whenever that was written considering he was cremated I think?

    Yeah I agree it was a really nice picture they used of Brad and Chris which is weird because I would have thought that all these people writing about Chris could have Googled him and used a picture from there if they couldn't get one from the family instead of all the pictures I've been seeing that weren't as nice

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,845

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    I don't understand why they administered Narcan. I thought they found him hanging and already dead? I'm confused.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    So I'm confused were the track marks made by him or by the EMTs or both?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,779
    Nobody but his own self knew what inner demons he was battling. Pure conjecture on my part, but perhaps he wanted a real deal death. He did a good job of putting himself beyond resuscitation.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,845
    drugs did not contribute to his death as per ME

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...leased-w484309

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    drugs did not contribute to his death as per ME

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...leased-w484309
    I don't get it .The wife is saying or at least hinting ,that the extra 2mg of Ativan made him suicidal ?! The total of Ativan he'd taken was only 4mg - not enough to send someone into despair and suicide .

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    540
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I hope that I don't come off shitty, but is there anyone else out there that kind of finds it tacky that Cornell's widow seems go out of her way put herself in the news about her husband's suicide. I mean she seems to keep popping up everywhere telling "her story" about the night. I know everybody deals with grief in their own way, but it's almost like she is chasing the spotlight instead of mourning and taking care of the kids.
    you aren't the only one. Between her making it all about her, and her mother going after Eddie Vedder on twitter I am thoroughly skeeved out by their entire situation.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    They wouldn't give Narcan to someone who is already dead...I am scratching my head at that one, especially someone who had hung themselves.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,240
    so the tox screen is in. he was loaded. Butalbital, Pseudoephedrine and the prescription sedative Lorazepam (Ativan) . brand name fiorinal for the butabital.....
    the ativan....they say 4 mg of ativan. damn.
    the needle marks were from the narcan given by the paramedics. the "cocktail" of drugs didn't kill chris. the hanging did.
    so sad.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    So I'm confused were the track marks made by him or by the EMTs or both?
    I read that it was the EMT's when they administered the Narcan.

    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I don't get it .The wife is saying or at least hinting ,that the extra 2mg of Ativan made him suicidal ?! The total of Ativan he'd taken was only 4mg - not enough to send someone into despair and suicide .
    I've taken Ativan. I've never heard of it making anyone suicidal. It makes you sleepy.

    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    They wouldn't give Narcan to someone who is already dead...I am scratching my head at that one, especially someone who had hung themselves.
    Same here. That's what I was thinking.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,231
    I'm confused about the Narcan too... Did they possibly do it as a last ditch effort - were they just "trying anything"?
    My Posse's On Broadway

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    Originally Posted by Willy
    I hope that I don't come off shitty, but is there anyone else out there that kind of finds it tacky that Cornell's widow seems go out of her way put herself in the news about her husband's suicide. I mean she seems to keep popping up everywhere telling "her story" about the night. I know everybody deals with grief in their own way, but it's almost like she is chasing the spotlight instead of mourning and taking care of the kids.

    Wickedkitten

    "you aren't the only one. Between her making it all about her, and her mother going after Eddie Vedder on twitter I am thoroughly skeeved out by their entire situation."

    While I was a little disappointed in myself for thinking ill of his widow, she just reinforced my original feelings of her being a spotlight chaser by running straight to TMZ to give a statement when the coroner released his findings.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,305
    I totally take back what I said about "being with his wife" on the Ativan... And the MIL is still yammering away on twitter! Like a trainwreck in slow motion

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    springfield illinois
    Posts
    1,240
    https://www.alternativenation.net/ch...r-fathers-day/
    give me a break.

    however chris's brother tweet.....that was class
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain


    <a href=http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 target=_blank>http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360</a>

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post

    My God. I like both of the guys in this picture, but this shot gives me the impression they're clueless in this moment, as Lily is right there and looks so alone.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    https://www.alternativenation.net/ch...r-fathers-day/
    give me a break.

    however chris's brother tweet.....that was class
    His brother's tweet made me tear up.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsNic View Post
    My God. I like both of the guys in this picture, but this shot gives me the impression they're clueless in this moment, as Lily is right there and looks so alone.
    I thought something very similar about the picture and how not many people or articles were mentioning her because he had more than just his two kids with his second wife Vicky his first child counts too

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    It looks like his widow is chasing the spotlight again - More of the me, me , me, I, I, I, as she once again has to tells her story to the media or anyone who will listen.

    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7849263/chris-cornell-widow-interview-relapse-addiction-death-vicky

    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-death-w490165

    Last edited by Willy; 06-28-2017 at 10:44 AM.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,671
    The Daily Mail has pics of his hotel room. There was blood on the carpet.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
    Morgan

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    2,009
    I saw the pool of blood on the carpet photo. Any hags have an explanation why a hanging would produce that much blood?
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    141
    According to the coroners report, the ligature he used to hang himself had a metal clip which is what caused the bleeding.

  27. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    The Daily Mail has pics of his hotel room. There was blood on the carpet.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
    which picture ????

  28. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    2,009
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

  29. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    I don't see any blood all I see is the black and gold carpet.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  30. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,110


    Bye, Chris. Thanks.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

  31. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,305
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Brad Pitt, but this may have changed my mind...http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/07/12/...-worried-kids/
    Last edited by Squishy; 07-15-2017 at 02:09 AM.

  32. #82
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    What are those prescriptions? Does the one say pantoprazole? I take that for my ulcers.

    That picture doesn't even look like the carpet in his room on the pictures on the Daily Mail site. I don't get why the metal would cause him to bleed, the metal latch thing they showed was rounded, not pointy. I am thinking the blood part is made up. There is on mention of it on the transcript of the 911 call either. It actually looks like the surface of a distant planet or something. The texture is off. Something is strange with that pic.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-20-2017 at 01:15 AM.


  33. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    The blood is not on the carpet; it's on the white floor in the bathroom (picture #8):

    http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/11/chris-...l-room-photos/


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  34. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    What are those prescriptions? Does the one say pantoprazole? I take that for my ulcers.

    That picture doesn't even look like the carpet in his room on the pictures on the Daily Mail site. I don't get why the metal would cause him to bleed, the metal latch thing they showed was rounded, not pointy. I am thinking the blood part is made up. There is on mention of it on the transcript of the 911 call either. It actually looks like the surface of a distant planet or something. The texture is off. Something is strange with that pic.
    Depending on how hard or how much pressure made the, whatever he used to hang himself, tighten up around his neck, the metal latch could have dug into his skin causing him to bleed.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  35. #85
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,178
    I still think that sounds a little suspicious. I Saw a picture of some latch thing and I Can't possibly imagine how it could go in enough to make him bleed, and bleed that much. It wasn't sharp, I don't know I am having a hard time with this. Did the blood come out after the took him down and the thing moved? I just don't get it. I'm going to stop trying to.


  36. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    I was on Facebook today and someone I know posted this and I found it interesting I'm not sure if it's 100% true but it says Chris might have been murdered and I know that this thread is for Chris and that the link is mainly talks about Chester but Chris is in it as well but it also says there might be a connection between his and Chester Bennington's death that he was murdered as well anyway here it is

    http://yournewswire.com/chester-bennington-murdered/

  37. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    I found this as well I don't know if anyone will find any interest in it or if it's true and I know it's labeled Chester but it has Chris in it too

    http://yournewswire.com/chester-benn...urder-coverup/

  38. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    Broken ribs could have also been caused by CPR. He also did not have head trauma, broken ribs yes, caused by CPR. Anterior ribs are closer to sternum, not away from. He wasn't murdered he committed suicide.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  39. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    2,009
    Is one of those prescription bottles prednisone ? that shit will make you crazy
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

  40. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    I was on Facebook today and someone I know posted this and I found it interesting I'm not sure if it's 100% true but it says Chris might have been murdered and I know that this thread is for Chris and that the link is mainly talks about Chester but Chris is in it as well but it also says there might be a connection between his and Chester Bennington's death that he was murdered as well anyway here it is

    http://yournewswire.com/chester-bennington-murdered/
    The sub-plotline that Bennington (a survivor of childhood sexual abuse) and Cornell were about to expose a "black book" group of top-industry child predators is conspiracy-theory fodder; if professional investigative authorities uncover solid evidence, hopefully justice will be found. (Bennington's numerous children would also point to his not wanting to die and leave them less protected in this world, but mental state is what it is and causes actions that can have permanent results.)

    Until then, I'll add I didn't know that Bennington performed at Cornell's funeral - he sang "Hallelujiah", for gosh sakes. And then committed suicide on Cornell's birthday.

    Back to the main subject of the thread, Cornell. I'll be grieving his passing for a long time. His list of prescription drugs scared the crap out of me as I use most of them myself Cornell's voice was incredible and IMO his writing was underrated. May he rest peacefully.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

  41. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    Mirror, that is why I am slowly getting off my meds, I can now almost sleep without my sleeping pill, I am finding other ways to deal with my anxiety and depression, it's slow going, but I refuse to reach for the meds unless it's 1000 percent needed. Depression and such sucks, and Bennington being a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, I can totally relate to what he was dealing with, it is a shame they thought suicide was the only way out, please if anyone on this board is thinking of it reach out to someone or call the suicide hotline, if you need to talk just shoot me a pm.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  42. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    The sub-plotline that Bennington (a survivor of childhood sexual abuse) and Cornell were about to expose a "black book" group of top-industry child predators is conspiracy-theory fodder; if professional investigative authorities uncover solid evidence, hopefully justice will be found. (Bennington's numerous children would also point to his not wanting to die and leave them less protected in this world, but mental state is what it is and causes actions that can have permanent results.)

    Until then, I'll add I didn't know that Bennington performed at Cornell's funeral - he sang "Hallelujiah", for gosh sakes. And then committed suicide on Cornell's birthday.

    Back to the main subject of the thread, Cornell. I'll be grieving his passing for a long time. His list of prescription drugs scared the crap out of me as I use most of them myself Cornell's voice was incredible and IMO his writing was underrated. May he rest peacefully.
    I take everything with a grain of salt I just try to share and post anything that might be of interest since I'm not sure what might be true or interesting to someone else since we didn't know them personally I didn't know it wasn't close to the truth considering I'm sure there were and are so many children abused in the entertainment business

  43. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,629
    Yeah if you remember Corey F and Corey H came out and said that Corey H was sexually abused by someone in the industry, someone big and he wouldn't release the name as it could cause issues, and I have heard of a few former child stars coming forward saying they were abused.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

  44. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    The sub-plotline that Bennington (a survivor of childhood sexual abuse) and Cornell were about to expose a "black book" group of top-industry child predators is conspiracy-theory fodder; if professional investigative authorities uncover solid evidence, hopefully justice will be found. (Bennington's numerous children would also point to his not wanting to die and leave them less protected in this world, but mental state is what it is and causes actions that can have permanent results.)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah if you remember Corey F and Corey H came out and said that Corey H was sexually abused by someone in the industry, someone big and he wouldn't release the name as it could cause issues, and I have heard of a few former child stars coming forward saying they were abused.
    That's why I thought maybe the whole "black book" group thing with Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington might have been true

    I still can't believe Cornell is gone I was hoping to make it to a concert someday to hear him sing I was obviously born in the wrong decade and missed out but at least so many other people got to enjoy his beautiful voice and personality in person

  45. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah if you remember Corey F and Corey H came out and said that Corey H was sexually abused by someone in the industry, someone big and he wouldn't release the name as it could cause issues, and I have heard of a few former child stars coming forward saying they were abused.
    One name kept going around the Blind Gossip sites saying he did it because it happened to him. One of the sites are usually 90% on what they report but whether they are on this is another story but if it is that person, it's not that much a surprise considering what else is known about them.

    There are too many stories about there being a group for it just to be speculation in my opinion as you hear the same stuff time and time again. I can understand why no one wants to name names as it would be career suicide but maybe one day, someone will finally stand up with proof and names names. If it's out in the open those who did it have no bargaining chips or holds on anyone and hopefully it would give others a reason to come forward...of course that could just be me being naive but in an ideal world and all that.

  46. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    537
    I was listening to this and even though I never knew or met him and sadly never got a chance to see him in concert I was missing him and the beautiful music he might have created, I wonder if that's selfish of me


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •