Thread: Bill Dana writer and comedian-92

I haven't heard that name in decades. Guilty of not knowing he was still kicking. RIP.
    "With a pet, you can just feel, you don't have to worry about hurting your pet's feelings or getting advice you don't want."

The last time I saw him was when he played Sophia's "Priest" brother on The Golden Girls.

"My name Jose Jimenez..." R.I.P. Bill.

Great friend of the "Original 7" astronauts, and outlived them all. The Mercury astronauts loved his Jose' Jimenez astronaut routine, and commissioned an excellent portrait of Dana, dressed in a Mercury flight suit. Bill Dana claimed it was his most prized possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Poo Bah MCGee View Post
    Great friend of the "Original 7" astronauts, and outlived them all. The Mercury astronauts loved his Jose' Jimenez astronaut routine, and commissioned an excellent portrait of Dana, dressed in a Mercury flight suit. Bill Dana claimed it was his most prized possession.
    Yes, they even made reference to it in the film The Right Stuff. Remember The Bill Dana Show as a kid. Not a bad schtick for a kid from Massachusetts lol.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KissingJosh View Post
    The last time I saw him was when he played Sophia's "Priest" brother on The Golden Girls.
    same. I only know him from that show