Thread: Novella Nelson 1939 ~ 2017

Novella Nelson 1939 ~ 2017

American actress and singer, has passed away at age 77.
    Attached Images Attached Images

With a name like that, you'd think she would be a writer. RIP.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

She will be sadly missed great actress and always remembered. R.I.P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroadwayWorld has learned that acclaimed actress and Broadway vet Novella Nelson died on Friday, September 1st at the age of 77.
    Starting in 1961, Nelson had a decades-long stage career, performing, directing and producing, primarily in New York. She was a featured performer on Broadway in 1970 in the musical, Purlie. In 1975, Nelson directed the play La Femme Noire at The Public Theater. Her film career began at age 39 with a small part in 1977's An Unmarried Woman, and continued for the next several decades with roles in movies and television. She was last seen on the stage in 2014 in Horton Foote's The Old Friends opposite Betty Buckley, HAllie Foote, Annalee Jefferies and Veanne Cox.
    Her Broadway and Off-Broadway credits include Having Our Say; The Little Foxes; Caesar and Cleopatra; Purlie; Hello, Dolly; Division Street; A Piece of My Heart; Simon McBurney's The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui; Passing Games and In White America, among others.
    Regional credits include Seattle Repertory Theatre, Actors Theatre of Louisville, ALLIANCE THEATRE, Hartford Stage and American Conservatory Theater. She has appeared in such productions as The People's Temple at The Guthrie Theater, The Big White Fog at London's Almeida Theatre, Oedipus at American Repertory Theater and in a highly acclaimed London production of A Raisin in the Sun which played both the Lyric Hammersmith and The Young Vic theatres.https://www.broadwayworld.com/articl...at-77-20170902
    Nelson was born in Brooklyn, New York, the daughter of Evelyn Hines and James Nelson.[3] An African American, she attended the predominantly white Brooklyn College in the late 1950s, majoring in biochemistry. She took a speech class, which was an acting course, and was asked to perform in a play. After being on stage in this and other plays, she changed to a theatre major.[4]
    I am impressed that she went to an predominantly white college in the 50s and was going to be a biochemist.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

Novella Nelson 1939 2017

Thanks for the links guys. It would make sense that the Nelson clock I would decide I want would cost 5000. Oh well.
    The whole truth about a vehicle’s history on a blockchain. www.twitter.com/VINChain_io