Thread: 'Gone With the Wind' Actress Mary Anderson, 96

Unhappy 'Gone With the Wind' Actress Mary Anderson, 96

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nderson-694266
    She played Maybelle Merriwether in the 1939 epic. Later, she was memorable as one of the nine survivors in Alfred Hitchcock's "Lifeboat."

Mary Anderson, who played Maybelle Merriwether in Gone With the Wind and was one of the nine survivors cast adrift from a torpedoed ship in Alfred Hitchcock’s Lifeboat, has died. She was 96.

Wow, had no idea she was still alive

RIP

Wow didn't know she died as well.
    Member of the Shermer High Breakfast Club.

I always thought she was prettier then Scarlett actress Viven Leigh. 96 she must have had damn good genes.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I always thought she was prettier then Scarlett actress Viven Leigh. 96 she must have had damn good genes.
    HER Younger brother, actor James Anderson, died at the age of 48. His most notable role was that of redneck Bob Ewell in "To Kill A Mockingbird"....Mary Anderson was a beautiful lady and a credit to her profession.

According to IMDB, her last role was an uncredited part in "Cheech and Chong's Next Movie" ! WTF is up there, never knew 'Maybelle Merriweather' was a Cheech & Chong fan.
    Her previous role was fifteen years earlier, so I have no idea what reason(s) she had for taking that final role. She was reunited with GWTW costars at least twice .... with Olivia De Havilland in "To Each His Own" and with Harry Davenport and Barbara O'Neil in "All This and Heaven Too". In ATAHT she played a schoolgirl student (she was about age 22 !) of Bette Davis'. Never saw her or read about her being interviewed about her career or about GWTW in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I agree. She had a more classical beauty than Vivien Leigh.
    Do not knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

Damn, I remember seeing this movie together with my mom. It's her alltime favourite.