Thread: Good Samaritan Killed

Good Samaritan Killed

This happened in my hometown this past weekend. To say I am disgusted is an understatement, what the hell is wrong with this picture ?! It does not say in the article, but it was on the news tonight that police and EMT's wasted time and made this poor guy WALK to an ambulance ! I have to ask why he was treated this way, because he is Muslim ? The shit is already hitting the fan on this. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12...es_a_23296954/
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Something seems a tad off about this.

The EMT's thought he was acting?
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Something seems a tad off about this.

The EMT's thought he was acting?
    I think more then a bit. It is under heavy scrutiny as to why they took up to 30 minutes to transport him to the hospital. To make matters worse, they were 4 minutes away from Hamilton General, but they took him to St. Joseph's so add another 5 to 6 minutes to that. Witnesses have come forward to say they they seemed nonchalant about it, and not that interested. I would like to think that if I saw someone in need of help I would respond, God help me if EMT'S like them showed up. A store security camera that would have recorded the murder and the aftermath, was found to have been broken by vandals. No one is saying when this took place... before or after !
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 12-06-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Wow - definitely more than a bit off.

What do you think?
    Any ideas or suspicions as to what really went on and why it might have happened?
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.

Imho, it's extremely lax and unscrupulous for the responding EMTs to have acted like that. No excuses for it. I wonder though, from the way the article described it, it appeared that he was shot in the abdomen. Sometimes those don't bleed much, so it's possible they didn't see (or look for) a wound. They should have. (A couple of years ago at work we had a call for a gunshot wound to the abdomen that had very little external bleeding. The bullet went in and bounced around, destroying everything and causing a lot of internal bleeding. That guy died, too.)

Regardless of whether or a first responder thinks someone is bullshitting, you're there to help until you determine for certain that no help is needed. Otherwise you should probably pick a different job.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Well, I think they screwed up and they know it. Many believe that the security tape was destroyed as part of damage control. It would have recorded everything that happened. Still a lot of questions that need to be answered . This article tells more and I am very disturbed by their behavior. I'm glad there are people that were willing to come forward and tell what they saw. The guy who shot him was arrested today, so both men are in custody charged with 2nd degree murder. https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...-murder-scene/