Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. G, Medical Examiner

I watched the Autopsy show with Dr Baden someone recommended earlier in the thread. Unlike Dr G, you do see crime scene footage and pictures and while it's old now (2004) it's still a good show to watch. The only problem for me is when they talk about child victims on it and show photos as that is my cut off point.

Shellc, It is hard to work on children, I hated everytime a child came in. First time, I broke down and the M.E. said to me, go into the freezer, scream, cry, rant get it out then come back in here and shut yourself down.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Shellc, It is hard to work on children, I hated everytime a child came in. First time, I broke down and the M.E. said to me, go into the freezer, scream, cry, rant get it out then come back in here and shut yourself down.
    For a while when I was younger, I really thought about going down that route as a career. I was lucky enough to have the grades and got to the stage where I needed to pick specific courses. It was only after a talk with my guidance teacher that I realised I couldn't do it. He asked me outright would I be able to work on a child even if I didn't want to already knowing my answer. I would like to think I would be able to do what you and others have but I know I couldn't. My teacher suggested as a back up, I should try nursing but it would be the same thing as I remember the countless stories my cousin told me about kids coming in covered in bruises some of them nothing but babies and it is 100% clear it was one of the parents who did it yet you still have to stay professional. In her place, I would probably end up being sacked and charged for assaulting the parent. There are times I think what if but I still think the same now as I did then.

Yeah it is hard, I had to start thinking of them as just a puzzle and I needed to find out what happened, I kept telling myself it's just their body what made them them is gone to a better place, now my job is to find out what caused it and if it was done by a person then I need to prove it and make sure that person gets punished.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer. #METOO