Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1252596061
Results 3,001 to 3,042 of 3042

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

  1. #3001
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    34,832
    Quote Originally Posted by festerhead View Post
    All of this seems dodgy.
    Rule 1) Do not break any law of the United States or encourage others to do so, which you broke by posting a link to a free movie, thus defying the FBI warning and denying the production hard earned profits.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh


  2. #3002
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    20
    More debunking to prove that the video is, in my mind, fake, courtesy of the case file for Christine's death.

    The 'two cameras' issue: People have been saying about how the fact that there were two cameras there could mean that the footage that's appeared online is from a different camera. This is physically impossible, as we know that Christine had told her co-workers that she would open with the news segment, and then segue into the interview afterwards. This would suggest that of the two cameras present in the studio, one would be on Christine at the newsdesk, and one would be on the interview area. Sure enough, the police interview with Linda 'Shay' Taylor - one of the two camerawomen - on the day of the suicide, seems to prove that to be the case (screenshots of her interview provided below). Her camera was locked onto the two guests who were there to be interviewed, and we know that the Suncoast Digest interviews took place on a separate set, as we have seen glimpses of the show from the zoning petition interview.

    The 'close-up' issue: There seems to be some debate over whether or not Christine would have been framed in close-up, or if it would have been a wide shot as we see in the leaked footage. Gordon Galbraith recalls her being framed in a close-up, however there are a lot of people doubting his memory of an event from 42 1/2 years ago. However, Jean Reid - the other camerawoman, whose camera was locked onto Christine and captured her suicide - was also interviewed on the day of the event, and she states in the case file that her camera was placed on a close-up of Christine's head and shoulders, and of the board behind Christine to show any kind of news-related imagery. Again, screenshots below.

    I've only attached screenshots of the pages which state these facts, as opposed to the entire interviews.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3003
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by itwbtc16 View Post
    More debunking to prove that the video is, in my mind, fake, courtesy of the case file for Christine's death.

    The 'two cameras' issue: People have been saying about how the fact that there were two cameras there could mean that the footage that's appeared online is from a different camera. This is physically impossible, as we know that Christine had told her co-workers that she would open with the news segment, and then segue into the interview afterwards. This would suggest that of the two cameras present in the studio, one would be on Christine at the newsdesk, and one would be on the interview area. Sure enough, the police interview with Linda 'Shay' Taylor - one of the two camerawomen - on the day of the suicide, seems to prove that to be the case (screenshots of her interview provided below). Her camera was locked onto the two guests who were there to be interviewed, and we know that the Suncoast Digest interviews took place on a separate set, as we have seen glimpses of the show from the zoning petition interview.

    The 'close-up' issue: There seems to be some debate over whether or not Christine would have been framed in close-up, or if it would have been a wide shot as we see in the leaked footage. Gordon Galbraith recalls her being framed in a close-up, however there are a lot of people doubting his memory of an event from 42 1/2 years ago. However, Jean Reid - the other camerawoman, whose camera was locked onto Christine and captured her suicide - was also interviewed on the day of the event, and she states in the case file that her camera was placed on a close-up of Christine's head and shoulders, and of the board behind Christine to show any kind of news-related imagery. Again, screenshots below.

    I've only attached screenshots of the pages which state these facts, as opposed to the entire interviews.
    Very interesting... This goes directly against what I was told by Gordon just days ago, that there was only one camera and that the only other person there besides he and Christine was Jean Reed, though evidently, Linda Taylor was also there. Really don't know what to think now, still heavily leaning to fake though.

  4. #3004
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2
    The police report has a transcript of the show from that day. The audio from the recent video doesn't match the transcript. Whoever wrote this police report would've written the transcript verbatim.

    http://m.imgur.com/pORfcsd

  5. #3005
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Wiki is not always accurate with their posts, basically it's people who post the articles in wiki.
    While I would not take what is written on Wikipedia as gospel, not every single article should be outright dismissed as inaccurate just because it's written by "people". The Chubbuck article appears to be very well sourced. The passage quoted is sourced to an article from the Sarsota Herald Tribune written right after the event. You can even click on the citation and read the original source. It pretty much matches what has been said for years and what Sally Quinn, who apparently saw the tape numerous times, said.

    As for the alleged video, I find it suspect that it magically appeared after 40+ years right around the time two movies about Christine are due to be released. The timing alone should raise a few eyebrows. That and the fact that no major news outlet has written about it or confirmed its authenticity. I think it would be fairly easy for someone to recreate the video based on the numerous written accounts. The technology is there to make the footage look old and worn and it's easy enough to recreate the sets, etc.. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that someone, perhaps a person with access to film and editing equipment, did this for the notoriety alone. People have done more for a hell of a lot less. Think of all those people who lie about having a dying child just to get attention.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

  6. #3006
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    8
    It was Christine's destiny...to die that day...that way. Hence all her emotional problems leading up to it.

  7. #3007
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    I just received a follow-up message from Gordon and he has given me permission to reproduce it:


    "Lin (the production manager , says copies were made, but there was noi second camera, every one of those copies, which he said were later destroyed did not show the angle that the fake one being circulated shows.."


    That's 2 WXLT employees that have said it's fake. I think this is enough evidence for us to call this case closed to be honest.

  8. #3008
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,026
    So he says that all were destroyed, but how well does he know someone didn't sneak one how, I mean how clearly is everyone's memories from 20 or so years ago, there could have been another camera rolling, I am not dismissing it as fake or real until the maker of the video steps forward, or Sally Quinn herself says if it's real or not.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

  9. #3009
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    8
    The search for the truth about Christine Chubbuck will continue...and will tickle our collective minds and memories for decades to come. One more thing...I'm new to this group so I don't know anybody. Are the admins in this group in the regular world of social media? If so, how can we connect? I'd love to make some new friends.

  10. #3010
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    So he says that all were destroyed, but how well does he know someone didn't sneak one how, I mean how clearly is everyone's memories from 20 or so years ago, there could have been another camera rolling, I am not dismissing it as fake or real until the maker of the video steps forward, or Sally Quinn herself says if it's real or not.
    What would make you take Sally's word over Gordon or Lin's?

  11. #3011
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    128

    Chubbuck Suicide Video: Real or Fake?

    Analysis.


  12. #3012
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,588
    Interesting. This same Youtube poster has made a new video 02/23/17 saying the distortion is the same on other Nation Squid videos and the Christine video is fake.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqVAnWTdw8&t=0s

    ETA to link to correct, more recent video by same poster.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 03-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Morgan

  13. #3013
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
    Analysis.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Interesting. This same Youtube poster has made a new video 02/23/17 saying the distortion is the same on other Nation Squid videos and the Christine video is fake.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Clnl3iuVg4
    These are both the same videos... the guy who made this explains it all in detail, and DOES seem to think it is the real thing.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  14. #3014
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,478
    Well, that sort of got me back on the fence. Damn it. I think we should still hold off on the Group Hug for now.
    We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves....Alice Bloch

  15. #3015
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    These are both the same videos... the guy who made this explains it all in detail, and DOES seem to think it is the real thing.
    Sorry, I meant to post the video that the Youtube poster mentions in the comments of the above video. In the new video he links to another Nation Squid video with very similar distortion, so now he thinks the Christine Chubbuck video is a very well done fake.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqVAnWTdw8&t=0s

    I still can't believe how little coverage this thing has gotten.
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 03-08-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    Morgan

  16. #3016
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Sorry, I meant to post the video that the Youtube poster mentions in the comments of the above video. In the new video he links to another Nation Squid video with very similar distortion, so now he thinks the Christine Chubbuck video is a very well done fake.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqVAnWTdw8&t=0s

    I still can't believe how little coverage this thing has gotten.
    The possible release/leak of a forty year old suicide tape is probably only going to be of interest to a select few people I'd imagine, lol.

  17. #3017
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Sorry, I meant to post the video that the Youtube poster mentions in the comments of the above video. In the new video he links to another Nation Squid video with very similar distortion, so now he thinks the Christine Chubbuck video is a very well done fake.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqVAnWTdw8&t=0s

    I still can't believe how little coverage this thing has gotten.
    Aww, bummer. I'd hoped it was real.

  18. #3018
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
    Aww, bummer. I'd hoped it was real.
    People need to not let their want of it being real overshadow the hard evidence of it being fake.


    The police report confirms the angle doesn't match (the recording of Christine was framed up on her head and shoulders according to Jean Reid; the other camera was locked into the two guests waiting to be interviewed).


    On top of that, not one but two WXLT employees have also reiterated the fact that the angle is incorrect and that the video is fake.


    It's fake, guys. Time to move on.

  19. #3019
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    The possible release/leak of a forty year old suicide tape is probably only going to be of interest to a select few people I'd imagine, lol.
    I don't know, Michael. 2 movies have come out about her recently, and I'm sure many still remember her as "the inspiration for the movie Network." I for one thought there would be more discussion online.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  20. #3020
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I don't know, Michael. 2 movies have come out about her recently, and I'm sure many still remember her as "the inspiration for the movie Network." I for one thought there would be more discussion online.
    Yeah, that's true!

    And hell, this thread alone has almost a million hits (!) since 2007. That's insane.

  21. #3021
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    832
    I have to note an obvious oversight in the video calling it real. This is not making a judgement on whether it is real or not. He speaks about motives and completely misses the most obvious. There are two movies out about this to promote.

    He seriously had to consider this but for some reason never touches on it.

  22. #3022
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by dycaite22 View Post
    People need to not let their want of it being real overshadow the hard evidence of it being fake.


    The police report confirms the angle doesn't match (the recording of Christine was framed up on her head and shoulders according to Jean Reid; the other camera was locked into the two guests waiting to be interviewed).


    On top of that, not one but two WXLT employees have also reiterated the fact that the angle is incorrect and that the video is fake.


    It's fake, guys. Time to move on.
    I'll "move on" when somebody actually makes a persuasive argument that I should.

    I realize it sucks when you make an argument, and everybody in the world doesn't immediately agree with you. Are you new to the internet or something?
    Last edited by Upset; 03-10-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  23. #3023
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I'll "move on" when somebody actually makes a persuasive argument that I should.

    I realize it sucks when you make an argument, and everybody in the world doesn't immediately agree with you. Are you new to the internet or something?
    What sucks is when you present someone with hard evidence of something and they blindly ignore it.

  24. #3024
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,026
    Upset, Dycaite22, since a mod hasn't told you yet, time to cool it and both move on, also you're both disrupting the board and do not requote a quote that is in violation of this rule.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

  25. #3025
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    34,832
    Upset, dvcaite22, cool it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one has to agree with it.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh


  26. #3026
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Upset, dvcaite22, cool it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one has to agree with it.
    Oh, I agree completely. If you look at my post, you'll see that I was NOT demanding that anyone agree with me. On the contrary, I was defending the idea that we are all entitled to express our opinions. So I am pleased to see we are in agreement, Cindy.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  27. #3027
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2
    Purely by instinct, I think this is fake. So much static/tracking problems, the voice is heavily distorted, the violent reaction to the shot seems...."off". I am no expert - but it just feels wrong somehow.

  28. #3028
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    If it IS a fake, I think Seagorath did it.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  29. #3029
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    34,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    If it IS a fake, I think Seagorath did it.
    At least we both agree on something, Upset.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh


  30. #3030
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    At least we both agree on something, Upset.
    LOL I can't believe he's missing out on all this Chubbuck related news.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  31. #3031
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    This is a "debunking" of the video, which doesn't really cover any new ground. (Gordon Galbraith says it's fake, and Gordon Galbraith is the Voice of God...) The one interesting thing about this video is that the poster claims to know Nation Squid, and to have asked him about it. His alleged response? "I'm sorry, but the information that I have on the source of the video has to remain strictly confidential, at least for some time. Consider this, if I had faked it, I wouldn't tell anybody, and if I had found it, I couldn't tell anybody."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsAqpIlFm3E
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  32. #3032
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    20
    Except that this footage physically cannot be real - it's a wideshot of the entire newsdesk (in my eyes, something done specifically so people go 'Oh my god it looks real'), whereas we know for an absolutely dead certain fact that there were two cameras in the room, and only one of them was on Christine, and it was framed up on her as a close-up shot. The other one wasn't even facing vaguely the right direction to capture her suicide, let alone focused on Christine herself. It's all in the police file - this footage is a fake.

  33. #3033
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by itwbtc16 View Post
    Except that this footage physically cannot be real - it's a wideshot of the entire newsdesk (in my eyes, something done specifically so people go 'Oh my god it looks real'), whereas we know for an absolutely dead certain fact that there were two cameras in the room, and only one of them was on Christine, and it was framed up on her as a close-up shot. The other one wasn't even facing vaguely the right direction to capture her suicide, let alone focused on Christine herself. It's all in the police file - this footage is a fake.
    It's nice to see someone else here using some common sense... No matter how many times I brought up the fact that the police report directly contradicts the angle of the fake video, most people just completely ignored it. So thankyou

  34. #3034
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    34,832
    dycaite22, all members have a right to their own opinion without criticism. I members ignore a post that is their right, too. No one has to believe you or anyone else. Fair warning.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh


  35. #3035
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    dycaite22, all members have a right to their own opinion without criticism. I members ignore a post that is their right, too. No one has to believe you or anyone else. Fair warning.
    I completely agree that everybody has a right to have their own opinion and I apologise if I got at all snarky there. But can you not see why I'm frustrated? I presented someone with a piece of evidence, they ignored it completely and claimed I had presented no such evidence. Opinion has nothing to do with it, it's about people picking and choosing the evidence that is convenient to their argument and then blatantly ignoring all the rest that annoys me. Sorry again if I caused any offence.

  36. #3036
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    4,026
    I am not going to say if it's real for fake until I have absolute proof, ie. someone from Christine's family saying yay or nay, or the woman who has the copy of the tape that she gave to a law office, or Sally Quinn herself, or the person that released the video
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~
    And It Harm None Do What ye will. Wise Intelligent Teacher Courageous Healer.

  37. #3037
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuce Creek
    Posts
    34,832
    Quote Originally Posted by dycaite22 View Post
    I completely agree that everybody has a right to have their own opinion and I apologise if I got at all snarky there. But can you not see why I'm frustrated? I presented someone with a piece of evidence, they ignored it completely and claimed I had presented no such evidence. Opinion has nothing to do with it, it's about people picking and choosing the evidence that is convenient to their argument and then blatantly ignoring all the rest that annoys me. Sorry again if I caused any offence.
    Varied opinion is everything on FAD. My job is to enforce that, not fact find. In the words of our creator, Scott Michaels: "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?" This is the last time I will warn you to respect your fellow FAD members' opinions. Quit beating a dead horse and read FAQs, especially Rule 4.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-16-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh


  38. #3038
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The Lost Media Wiki
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Varied opinion is everything on FAD. My job is to enforce that, not fact find. In the words of our creator, Scott Michaels: "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?" This is the last time I will warn you to respect your fellow FAD members' opinions. Quit beating a dead horse and read FAQs, especially Rule 4.
    I was not personally attacking anybody, I was just growing frustrated that people were not acknowledging what I was saying. You say that we should respect each others' opinions, that should go both ways, no? I'm not trying to start an argument, truly. I just wish people would acknowledge what I was saying, as I acknowledge what they say.

  39. #3039
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    dycaite22, all members have a right to their own opinion without criticism. I members ignore a post that is their right, too. No one has to believe you or anyone else. Fair warning.
    Thank you for articulating this, Cindy. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who childishly insist that everyone has to share their opinion. We don't need that here.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

    Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

  40. #3040
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3

    Christine Chubbuck

    Hey friends. I just watched Kate Plays Christine. I wasn't expecting much because the trailer didn't look promising to me, but being interested in this story, I had to give it a chance. It's kind of a baffling film. I assume that everything outside of the appearances by "real people" (the wig woman, psychologist, gun store owner, ex Channel 40 workers, etc.) is acted/scripted, but it's difficult to tell if Kate was being herself or acting like she wasn't acting. She comes off as low-key and detached, and when playing Christine, I don't think she looked, talked or acted like Christine, unlike Rebecca Hall. My theory is the filmmakers started out wanting to make a 'Christine'-style film, a straight dramatic story, but realized their writing and acting wasn't cutting it, so they switched gears and decided to make a mockumentary about a film that doesn't exist. The snippets of the 'film' are pretty cheesy, which may be intentional. There's a lot going on, and I'll have to give it another watch or two to make sense of it. I thought the commentary from the real people was the best part of the movie, by far. In fact, the anecdotes from the Channel 40 guys and the woman who knew Tim Chubbuck made the bits of Kate playing Christine seem like nonsense. I almost wish they would have gone with a straight documentary and dug up some more information on Christine that no one knows about. There's lot a lot out there to begin with, so the film could have been more of a success and a proper tribute instead of being a kind of meta experiment.


    My thoughts on the "leaked footage":


    - The camera angle and timestamp: I think it's very possible that there were 2 camera operators there that morning (this seems to be disputed) and that this footage is an "alternate angle" and not what went out live. Gordon says that it's fake because the broadcasted footage (evidently, what was on the monitor that he watched and what went out live) was a tighter shot. That may be true, but if there were 2 cameras rolling, this could be the "Camera 2" angle. To me, the timestamp looks authentic, and it would confirm that the footage came from an internal source (i.e., the station) and wasn't taped off of TV. Asking someone who claims to have seen it live on TV to determine if this footage is real would carry little weight. First of all, it may not be the angle that actually went out live. Second, someone's memory of an event from 43 years ago wouldn't be that sharp. Regarding the timestamp, I don't understand why it isn't on the "Technical Difficulties" screen. This leads me to believe that this screen came from a different source, which is possible, but it seems fishy.


    - The act: the sound of the gunshot and the physical reaction don't really sync up. This could be because of the quality of the tape, but again, it doesn't feel right. I remember reading somewhere (possibly the Sally Quinn article) that someone who saw the actual footage said "it didn't look real." That statement may actually give a pass to this appearing a bit unnatural. We've all been desensitized by TV and movies and are used to seeing people dying beautifully staged and perfectly lit deaths, so the weirdness of the appearance of this may actually be normal.


    - The set: to me, everything matches up with the photo of the man behind the actual desk leaning forward, EXCEPT for the "H" in NEWSWATCH. The "H" is so off that I actually think the people responsible for this footage "built that in" as a wink to let people know that the footage isn't real. It just doesn't line up with the "H" in the 1974 photo. Even though the desk is curved and the photo is taken from a different angle than the video camera shot, it still doesn't match, at all.


    - The video quality: if someone digitally transferred the tape of the actual footage, I would expect the quality to be as poor as this footage. However, the static/distortion doesn't look authentic to me. The way the video shifts around looks faked, and the build-up of interference around the time she brings the gun up is too convenient.


    The interview footage with the Channel 40 guys in KPC strengthens my belief that the actual footage is indeed at the law firm and that it may have never leaked onto an FBI training video or some death compilation. There is just no compelling evidence or proof that the real footage ever floated around on dubbed VHS tapes or during the early era of the internet. I still think that Sally Quinn is the person most qualified to say whether the footage is real. She apparently sat down with the actual footage and examined/studied it when she wrote her article, which detailed exactly what happened. Even though she wasn't in the studio when it happened, she knows the FOOTAGE perhaps better than anyone alive.


    Now that a little time has passed since the "leaking" of the footage, I think it's fake. Most everyone familiar with this story wants it to be real, and that's a strong force, but not enough to make it real. It originated from an obscure, no-name youtube source with no fanfare or comments from the leaker whatsoever. Why did it happen to leak at the exact same time that 2 films about Christine Chubbuck are released? I think it would have been removed from youtube if it was real. Greg Chubbuck would probably have enough pull to have it taken down. There would have been some official word from a credible source by now verifying that it's real. I think it's asinine to suggest that the scene was "recreated" by Channel 40 in the studio shortly after the actual event. I'd think that would be the last thing that the employees would want to do at the time, and they wouldn't have had the foresight to know that this would become a "lost media" curiosity. I don't think it would be exceptionally difficult or costly to do a recreation as good as this. Use old Channel 40 footage and the photo of the man leaning forward at the desk as guides, and hide any details/nuance with distortion/static effects. I do think it's an eerily accurate recreation overall.


    It may be a crazy thought, but I think there is a chance that the actual footage will reach the public someday (as long as the tape hasn't disintegrated, another good point brought up by the ex station worker in KPC). It has been confirmed that the tape exists. Why wasn't it destroyed? Why did Bob Nelson pass it to his wife? What exactly were his "wishes"? There has to be more to that story than meets the eye. If everyone involved wanted to forget this ever happened (which is likely), I would have thought that the tape would have been destroyed. The ex station worker in KPC claims that Mollie Nelson wanted to throw the tape in the bay but has held on to it. Why? What will become of it when she dies? I assume that Bob Nelson wants something to happen to the tape when Mollie Nelson passes. Otherwise, he would have discarded it, or she would have discarded it. Maybe Bob thought some crazy person would offer Mollie a lot of cash for the tape one day, and as a result, she would have an extra financial cushion in her later years. Perhaps we should crowdsource and raise some money for this cause?

  41. #3041
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    20
    [QUOTE=torgotheme;1532795] I think it's very possible that there were 2 camera operators there that morning (this seems to be disputed) and that this footage is an "alternate angle" and not what went out live. Gordon says that it's fake because the broadcasted footage (evidently, what was on the monitor that he watched and what went out live) was a tighter shot. That may be true, but if there were 2 cameras rolling, this could be the "Camera 2" angle. To me, the timestamp looks authentic, and it would confirm that the footage came from an internal source (i.e., the station) and wasn't taped off of TV. Asking someone who claims to have seen it live on TV to determine if this footage is real would carry little weight. First of all, it may not be the angle that actually went out live. Second, someone's memory of an event from 43 years ago wouldn't be that sharp. Regarding the timestamp, I don't understand why it isn't on the "Technical Difficulties" screen. This leads me to believe that this screen came from a different source, which is possible, but it seems fishy. /QUOTE]

    We know that there were two camera operators (and cameras) there that day, but that only one of the two cameras was actually focused on Christine - or even the newsdesk at all - that the other camera was focused on an entirely different part of the studio, on another set. The police interviews with Jean Reed and Linda Taylor (the two camerawomen) confirm this.
    Last edited by itwbtc16; 03-19-2017 at 06:20 AM. Reason: formatting (may still need help on this depending on how this turns out...)

  42. #3042
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    150
    Wow!! Seems like since the movie/movies came out, everyone lost interest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •