Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,950 of 3067

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

It's really, really good! I hope you enjoy it.

I was lucky enough to actually be able to see 'Christine' much sooner than I had expected, tonight - Curzon Chelsea held a special UK preview screening tonight, followed by a Q&A session with Rebecca Hall. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but it's all been said before because it's damn true. This film is truly incredible; the eagle-eyed among you will notice that the bits which are 100% factual, truly ARE 100% factual - even to the extent that they used the real life Suncoast Digest intro in the film, as well as the real TV news coverage of the incident (with Rebecca Hall's face edited onto the screen where Christine's had appeared in real life (this does result in a small little blooper, where WZRB - the station name in the film - has been referred to as Channel 30 throughout the film, and then we see one of the real news clips of the incident in which the anchor quotes the REAL 'speech', which of course calls it 'Channel 40'). I could talk about it for days but I won't bore you all with information you already have.

Please, if you get a chance to see this film, go see it. You won't regret it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm so jealous that you got to see Rebecca Hall's Q&A!!!

She really was incredible.

I got to ask her a question at the Q&A as well - I'm actually writing a musical based on Christine's life using songs by Roberta Flack (only ones released before July 15th 1974) to drive the story forward and so I asked Rebecca about the sort of character she thinks Christine would have been like as a teenager (more specifically, her interpretation of Christine, as I am very much aware that she played her as a character and didn't delve too far into the world of trying to play the 'real' Christine Chubbuck and end up trying to impersonate her - and I mentioned this). I then approached her after the Q&A to get her to sign my ticket and she recognised me from the Q&A and wished me good luck with the musical, and I shook her hand. She was so lovely about it.

Benedict Cumberbatch was also there and I met him too lol

I would love to watch this movie when it comes out here in sweden.

I am hopefully going to another screening of Christine followed by another Q&A with Rebecca Hall next month. If I get to go (and get a chance to ask more than one question), does anybody have any questions they would like me to ask her?

I'm curious to know how difficult it was for her to create this character with such limited footage of the actual Christine Chubbuck available.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet but Kate plays Christine is available on iTunes. I just finished watching it.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 12-21-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I emailed Seagorath about the autopsy/police/etc files a few days back but haven't had any response (Sea if you're reading this, check your emails if you can! ) - does anyone else have them and would be willing to send them over? Just any of those official case files would be fab - I don't mind either a PM or an email (pitycomestoolate@gmail.com).

Also, I've pre-ordered the DVD of Christine being released in the UK at the end of February...very excited!

Apologies for the double post - above request has now been fulfilled. Many thanks to those who helped! <3

"Christine" (the traditional biopic) will be available through itunes and amazon tommorow for anyone wants to give it a watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    "Christine" (the traditional biopic) will be available through itunes and amazon tommorow for anyone wants to give it a watch!
    Hey Michael,

Do you know how and from which source, the producer of "boulevard of broken dreams" got that suncoast digest footage ?

It was, I believe, "the weatherman". He refuses to release Christine's suncoast digest episode.
    Thanks.

btw, maybe someday he and Mollie will change their minds.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smfr; 01-12-2017 at 02:21 PM.

It was, I believe, "the weatherman". He refuses to release Christine's suncoast digest episode.

For those who are mainly interested in seeing how Christine's suicide is done in the movie, somebody has uploaded just that bit to YouTube.

I personally wouldn't recommend watching it seperately to the whole film, given that the purpose of the film is to dispell the last 42 years of Christine Chubbuck being nothing more than the woman who shot herself on TV, but if you might be of a nervous disposition and want to know what to expect when you do watch the whole film, then this might be worth running yourself past before you launch into the film itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0P4YJ-t_0

Pre ordered my copy of Christine from Amazon, available 2/14/17. Pretty sure my little Podunk town won't have it. I can't wait.

Just watched it (and burned it onto disc) from PPV (Pay per View) today. I really liked it. Loved the 70's look of everything. I felt bad for her at the end there when she had felt her life just didn't have any meaning to have lead her to do that to herself.

I watched it a few days ago, can't tell you the sight, but it left me with a few questions. For sake of giving away spoilers, I'll wait for several months to ask around. Overall it was good, they had the early 70's just as I remember them.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Ok, so I couldn't wait for my dvd and watched Christine on ppv. I can't really decide how I feel about it yet, could be because of the build up and anticipation. I did the same thing with another movie once, eventually decided I liked it.

I finally watched Christine, not expecting to appreciate it much. We'll probably never know how historically accurate it is, but if there is a "take away" from this movie, and for me there was, it would be the suggestion that resilience and adaptability are critically important living skills to develop if we are to endure this moment to moment struggle that is life. Experiencing deep & intense feelings in response to your environment & circumstances is a double-edged sword. It can be a blessing and a curse. Probably mostly a curse. It's an easy thing to make that observation, but for many people it is many different kinds of difficult to put it into useful practice in their lives.
    They did a really good job of capturing that 70's look and vibe. It reminded me that no matter how much progress we've made with technological advances, etc. since that time - The most valuable & important things in our lives are still our relationships with ourselves & each other - so very little has truly changed. There have been many other tragic deaths since Christine's. Suffering is timeless. Hope needs to be timeless too.

Guys, I think this a fake but here's either a really good re-creation/fake or the real deal. Decide for yourselves.

https://youtu.be/8agGtFmAJFQ?t=8m44s

Something seems off to me about it.
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Something seems off to me about it.
    I'm thinking it's fake, it's possible it's a VHS copy taken from a different camera angle in the ABC archives (very, very doubtful) but the way her body reacts to the shooting doesn't jive with what we've read.

However, it's clear that a lot of attention to detail went into this:

The top is a photo taken after the shooting.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something doesn't seem right. I wonder why the weatherman lead in was in color and flawless video.

If you were going to fake a tape, this would be the exact time in history to do it, even the static at the bottom of the screen doesn't seem right.

In going back in this thread, several people that claimed to have seen the video said the background of the set was blue, others said it was green.
    It looks black or dark brown in the pic above.
    Morgan

I don't think that was actually from WXLT (the lead in) just some random old footage from a random station.

The Christine footage at the beginning was taken from "Kate Plays Christine".

I'm not saying that I don't really, really doubt this is the real deal, at all. The top photo is from the shooting and if this is a re-enactment (which I REALLY think it is), they have some really good attention to detail. Plus, it appears (the video is so grainy, you can't tell), the actress launches her face into solid wood?

I'm really, really doubting it but it's the closest we've come to possibly seeing the real thing beyond someone remembering some random video from the 90s.
    Last edited by Michael555; 02-04-2017 at 02:08 AM.

Guys, I literally just came on here to post that exact same video. This is crazy.

I honestly CANNOT tell. On one hand, the audio sounds like a compilation of the different takes of the suicide reenactment from 'Kate Plays Christine', although I cannot be certain. The size of the figure that we see in the video looks a little too large to be a real person, and it looks as though it could have possibly been superimposed onto the recreation of the set. However, it certainly looks as much like Christine as it possibly could do given the video quality, the dress appears to be accurate (black and white print dress), the hair is accurate, and I think most notably, the set is an EXACT replica; there is not a single thing about that scenery which seems at all fake. I cannot quite tell if it is her voice from the audio - it does sound like Kate Lyn Sheil if I am perfectly honest but then again it is such bad quality that I simply cannot tell.

Apologies for the double post. Upon incredibly close inspection, I have come to the conclusion that the footage we see above is fake - if you look at where the 'N' on the word NEWSWATCH is placed on the circle, the placement is ever so slightly different from the crime scene photo. On the footage it is placed along the centre of the circle, whereas in the crime scene photo, you can see that it is actually a little bit higher up, being placed more in the top right hand 'corner' (so to speak) of the circle than along the centre, as we see in this footage. Also, the entire NEWSWATCH sign is higher - and larger in font size - in the footage than it is in the crime scene photo.
    However, all due respect to the people who have recreated the footage as well as they have - it is certainly dead convincing on a number of different levels.
    Last edited by itwbtc16; 02-05-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Quote Originally Posted by itwbtc16 View Post
    Apologies for the double post - above request has now been fulfilled. Many thanks to those who helped! <3
    Would you mind if I grabbed a copy?

lostmediawiki@gmail.com

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    The top is a photo taken after the shooting.
    Is the top photo a real one from the day it happened?

Also, that video link... VERY clever if it is a fake!

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    Is the top photo a real one from the day it happened?
    Yes, the case file states that photos were taken at the scene no less than half an hour to an hour after the incident occured. That photo was widely circulated amongst newspapers at the time so we can assume that that is one of the photos in question - along with the photos we have seen of the blood stained script and the gun with the remaining bullets removed.

itwbtc16, I think I saw your breakdown over at that other forum and I agree with almost all of it, except that bit about what she said (the police report) I think that was just a transcript of her actual script she had written down rather a transcript of the tape itself?

I don't have the report anymore.

Regardless, I think that video is all a publicity stunt.

It's not entirely clear - I've attached those two pages on here. I didn't think she'd scripted the shootout tape jamming, though?

Thank you for reading it though! I was going to link to it on here but I thought it'd probably violate some kind of forum rule, and I felt bad enough posting such a long message on just one forum, let alone copy and pasting it onto here as well :')
    Last edited by itwbtc16; 02-07-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Additional comments

I guess it does say that it's a tape of the taping itself...hmmm. I wonder why Sally Quinn, who has seen the video, said in her article those last words we all know when they're actually something different? Makes no sense.

Even Sally Quinn balls'd it up a little though...almost everyone ever seems to think she said 'You're going to see another first', but Sally Quinn wrote that she said 'We bring you another first'.

And then there's the case file which is just weird.

http://www.ibtimes.com/video-christi...equent-2431878

This article talks about how she never really wanted to commit suicide and only tried to attempt suicide? Half convincing considering the word choice of her speech...If that is the case, maybe that's why her name was not wanted in the station..They probably saw this as a really really sick joke she tried to play that went wrong?

That video has to be a fake right? She does not even look like chubbuck. I mean if the only person who has the tape is Mollie Nelson then how could this have gone out?

Quote Originally Posted by Simpan26 View Post
    That video has to be a fake right? She does not even look like chubbuck. I mean if the only person who has the tape is Mollie Nelson then how could this have gone out?
    It's a move based on her suicide.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It's a move based on her suicide.
    I mean from the youtube clip

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/atta...id=54162&stc=1

I've just stumbled upon another picture of the news set, from after Christine's death, which puts the comments I've made elsewhere (particularly on the NationSquid forum - that's the channel that uploaded the video which the 'footage' is from) about the placement of the 'sun' and the 'N' on the NEWSWATCH sign totally redundant and I am now left questioning the whole thing again.

Any thoughts?

Sally Quinn is selling her New England home... a little place you may have heard of called "Grey Gardens"? http://www.townandcountrymag.com/lei...c=socialflowFB

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    Sally Quinn is selling her New England home... a little place you may have heard of called "Grey Gardens"? http://www.townandcountrymag.com/lei...c=socialflowFB
    Allegedly the house smells of raccoon pee every time it rains. Ben Bradlee had said they would have torn it down had they known the smell would survive all of their renovations.
    Morgan

She smacked her head good didn't she?

Thoughts about the video...

If it's a fake, somebody clearly went to some expense to create a very realistic fake. And if that actually is the case, the attention to detail is remarkable. We are part of a tiny handful of people who know the details backward and forward, and somebody busted his or her ass to create something realistic enough to get past us? Maybe.

What about voice analysis? There are obviously example's of Christine's voice out there. Would somebody be able to do a professional analysis, or is the audio quality too poor?

The admins over at Nation Squid have ignored questions about the tape's authenticity for a few days now. Doesn't necessarily mean it's fake; they could have good reasons for not wanting to say where they acquired the tape.

And here's one for the "it's fake" column: Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of injunction against posting the real video online? I know in the past when people have claimed they saw the video on the internet, the narrative was often that it popped up in some obscure corner of the internet, and then was removed almost immediately. This has been online for a few days now, and duplicated on other sites like LiveLeak. The people who were suppressing the video just don't care anymore?

And finally...

I have at one time or anther read this entire damn thread. In the course of doing so, I have seen MANY people claim that they saw the video. Any of you care to chime in? Is this consistent with what you remember? Yes? No?
    Last edited by Upset; 02-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com

I don't buy it. Yet. I'm waiting for Pktracy et al who say they have seen it to chime in.

The real video being the holy grail, somebody with deep pockets could have hoaxed it for kicks and giggles--and done it with a zoom out to hide the identity of the gal at the desk.
    Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them--Matthew 7:12

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.--Vincent Van Gogh

Yeah, that's what I believe, it's fake. It's not a terribly complicated set to recreate, and the fact that it's grainy and you can't really make out exactly who it is... not buying it. There are also apps on the internet that can create that grainy fuzzy look for any film.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

I say fake. There is no reason why a real tape of the broadcast would be that crappy. While TV has come a long ways since then those of us that were around then know it wasn't anywhere near that bad.

Even UHF was better than that.

I doubt the video is legit, either. However, at this point, trying to find the real thing is like asking for a miracle.

Still, great attention to detail nonetheless.
    Last edited by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host; 02-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    Didn't know that was a thing...

I don't really get the point of faking it, but maybe my mind just doesn't work that way. I wouldn't do something like that - and spend the money it would no doubt cost - unless it benefited me financially in some way.

I still want to hear from the "I saw it in the '90s" people. While I wouldn't take their response as gospel (for reasons discussed on here ad nauseum, i.e., false memory syndrome), I do think their input could be illuminating.
    "In a soldier's stance I aim my hand / At the mongrel dogs who teach / Fearing not I'd become my enemy / In the instant that I preach"
    - Robert Zimmerman, "My Back Pages"

Check out my slam poetry site! (I mean, if you have a moment...) http://davidupsetrasnake.com