Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1050575859
Results 2,901 to 2,916 of 2916

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

It's really, really good! I hope you enjoy it.

I was lucky enough to actually be able to see 'Christine' much sooner than I had expected, tonight - Curzon Chelsea held a special UK preview screening tonight, followed by a Q&A session with Rebecca Hall. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but it's all been said before because it's damn true. This film is truly incredible; the eagle-eyed among you will notice that the bits which are 100% factual, truly ARE 100% factual - even to the extent that they used the real life Suncoast Digest intro in the film, as well as the real TV news coverage of the incident (with Rebecca Hall's face edited onto the screen where Christine's had appeared in real life (this does result in a small little blooper, where WZRB - the station name in the film - has been referred to as Channel 30 throughout the film, and then we see one of the real news clips of the incident in which the anchor quotes the REAL 'speech', which of course calls it 'Channel 40'). I could talk about it for days but I won't bore you all with information you already have.

Please, if you get a chance to see this film, go see it. You won't regret it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm so jealous that you got to see Rebecca Hall's Q&A!!!

She really was incredible.

I got to ask her a question at the Q&A as well - I'm actually writing a musical based on Christine's life using songs by Roberta Flack (only ones released before July 15th 1974) to drive the story forward and so I asked Rebecca about the sort of character she thinks Christine would have been like as a teenager (more specifically, her interpretation of Christine, as I am very much aware that she played her as a character and didn't delve too far into the world of trying to play the 'real' Christine Chubbuck and end up trying to impersonate her - and I mentioned this). I then approached her after the Q&A to get her to sign my ticket and she recognised me from the Q&A and wished me good luck with the musical, and I shook her hand. She was so lovely about it.

Benedict Cumberbatch was also there and I met him too lol

I would love to watch this movie when it comes out here in sweden.

I am hopefully going to another screening of Christine followed by another Q&A with Rebecca Hall next month. If I get to go (and get a chance to ask more than one question), does anybody have any questions they would like me to ask her?

I'm curious to know how difficult it was for her to create this character with such limited footage of the actual Christine Chubbuck available.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here yet but Kate plays Christine is available on iTunes. I just finished watching it.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Aviatrix; 12-21-2016 at 06:03 PM.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I emailed Seagorath about the autopsy/police/etc files a few days back but haven't had any response (Sea if you're reading this, check your emails if you can! ) - does anyone else have them and would be willing to send them over? Just any of those official case files would be fab - I don't mind either a PM or an email (pitycomestoolate@gmail.com).

Also, I've pre-ordered the DVD of Christine being released in the UK at the end of February...very excited!

Apologies for the double post - above request has now been fulfilled. Many thanks to those who helped! <3

"Christine" (the traditional biopic) will be available through itunes and amazon tommorow for anyone wants to give it a watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    "Christine" (the traditional biopic) will be available through itunes and amazon tommorow for anyone wants to give it a watch!
    Hey Michael,

Do you know how and from which source, the producer of "boulevard of broken dreams" got that suncoast digest footage ?

It was, I believe, "the weatherman". He refuses to release Christine's suncoast digest episode.
    Thanks.

btw, maybe someday he and Mollie will change their minds.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smfr; 01-12-2017 at 03:21 PM.

It was, I believe, "the weatherman". He refuses to release Christine's suncoast digest episode.

For those who are mainly interested in seeing how Christine's suicide is done in the movie, somebody has uploaded just that bit to YouTube.

I personally wouldn't recommend watching it seperately to the whole film, given that the purpose of the film is to dispell the last 42 years of Christine Chubbuck being nothing more than the woman who shot herself on TV, but if you might be of a nervous disposition and want to know what to expect when you do watch the whole film, then this might be worth running yourself past before you launch into the film itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0P4YJ-t_0

Pre ordered my copy of Christine from Amazon, available 2/14/17. Pretty sure my little Podunk town won't have it. I can't wait.