Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

me too, she must have been such a sad girl..I always think of that drive in that morning..like what was she thinking ...and how alone she must have felt.....and again I totally think she wanted us all to see her final moments!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I can't wait. If we don't score anything tangible then I'll contact the Sarasota Police Department about purchasing the "full report"...
    I didn't even get a message!
    I'm guessing that I have to reply in order to get the message that primescore got. *sigh*

Edit: I replied saying "I never got a response to this request". They're going to deny they have anything as far as I know. It wouldn't hurt to check the FOIA logs.
    Last edited by Michael555; 05-06-2009 at 01:54 PM.

We can always...break into the FCC...Mission Impossible style...
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9W4v7vNfFI&list=UU0Lga9ep13H65gs7nmwLdCQ

"Never go to bed with anger in your heart." ~ Seagorath

I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get the footage!!!
    lol.

Just a little update: I did email and I did get a response. I was told that my response should arrive in a couple days. Don't get excited. I'm pretty sure it's a letter saying something similar to primescore's.

I'm beginning to question whether Marilyn Fletcher actually got the video, I'm thinking maybe they do log the request but notice how there weren't any charges? You'd think there'd at least be a duplication charge!
    Last edited by Michael555; 05-07-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Good work!
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

What about that lady that wrote the Washington Post article about Christine's final minutes. She saw the footage...has anybody tried to contact her?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that's the only way to get the footage!!!
    lol.

Just a little update: I did email and I did get a response. I was told that my response should arrive in a couple days. Don't get excited. I'm pretty sure it's a letter saying something similar to primescore's.

I'm beginning to question whether Marilyn Fletcher actually got the video, I'm thinking maybe they do log the request but notice how there weren't any charges? You'd think there'd at least be a duplication charge!
    <a href=http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3176&dateline=1396157644 target=_blank>http://www.findadeath.com/forum/imag...ine=1396157644</a>
    Dr. Wigglesworth Hijacks Andy Griffith Broadcast via WPXC in Jacksonville, Florida --->

lol, I doubt she'd share the footage!

I'm beginning to question whether Marilyn Fletcher actually got the video
    Who ever said that Marilyn Fletcher "got the video?" She supposedly applied to have it sent to her. Is there any evidence that it actually was sent to her?
    Last edited by Looch; 05-08-2009 at 02:43 AM.

I would kill to see a freakin still !!! just one still form that fateful day.....are we gonna have to set up a fad memeber to seduce someone inot getting this damn tape??

If we don't score anything we can still get the transcript of her death from the Sarasota Police Department...I'll front the money. If I get the documents in the mail then I will scan them in for y'all.

After that, we can all plan to have a "Christine Chubbuck" appreciation day (for FAD members only ) down in Sarasota. We can go hang out at the old WXLT parking lot and wonder where she parked her yellow VW Beetle that morning. We can discuss this for hours if we want. We can also find out where her old address was and then "retrace" her route to work...

...now that would be a gas...

PS — Lisamarie can ride with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Looch View Post
    Who ever said that Marilyn Fletcher "got the video?" She supposedly applied to have it sent to her. Is there any evidence that it actually was sent to her?
    For some reason I thought she did .

For some reason I thought she did .

Marilyn Fletcher didn't receive the footage. If the FCC had it we'd have seen it years ago.

I've been trying to point this out throughout this thread but no one's been listening.

We're up to 25k at the moment by the way.

lol

Someone has seen it, undoubtedly, and I think Marilyn Fletcher may have. She describes the pause on air, the steadiness of her gaze, and her non shaking hand as she raised the gun to her head and fired the fatal shot--which leads me to believe that she may well have seen it, at least.
    As for the transcript of her death, now THAT I found somewhere, I think--let me go through the steps I have already researched.

Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Marilyn Fletcher didn't receive the footage. If the FCC had it we'd have seen it years ago.
    You're probably right, but did you hear the story above about the woman who has the friend with the FCC? They may have it, it's just not given out and they deny they have it (CONSPIRACY!!!)

And by the way, DixieGirl, it's Sally Quinn you're thinking of. I'm sure she saw that footage.

But think about it guys, do you think WWSB (used to be WXLT, it's affiliated with ABC. I think that may've been described earlier) or ANY News Program would want this footage do be viewed. Not nesscarily because of the graphic footage, there is a helluva lot more graphic stuff on the internet. It's the message that she's sending. Turn on the News and what do you see? 'Blood and guts' television. It's what gets the ratings. Christine was swept under the rug, and I'm thinking it's possibly due to the fact that it could've hurt ratings for certain news programs.

I don't know. But the message she sent, in my opinion, was very fucking powerful.
    25k eh? Here's to hoping someone finds it (or it arrives in the mail today!!!)
    Last edited by Michael555; 05-09-2009 at 04:28 AM.

I agree with the ratings angle. Back then seeing someone shoot themselve on tape would have been horrifyingly beyond comprehension. Today, it would be a shock but, everybody would be clamouring to the internet to get to see it, or watch it again if they had already seen it.Times have changed a lot. It sounds like Budd Dwyer's suicide was more brutal and graphic than Christine's. In a way we might be very dissapointed seeing her death. It probably wouldn't stack up to Budd's. I still think I saw her suicide on a real death movie but, I can't for the life of me remember where or when I saw it. I think somebody must have paid money, or bootlegged a copy of her suicide that was in the movie I saw. I highly doubt whoever had it had it legally. At one time somebody either sold out, or turned the other way while somebody copied it. It's out there somewhere the question is where?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    I still think I saw her suicide on a real death movie but, I can't for the life of me remember where or when I saw it. I think somebody must have paid money, or bootlegged a copy of her suicide that was in the movie I saw. I highly doubt whoever had it had it legally. At one time somebody either sold out, or turned the other way while somebody copied it. It's out there somewhere the question is where?
    Can't anyone archive (or hunt down) those old "Faces of Death" type videos then? Also, like the Traci Lords stuff (I know gross example), you can still buy an old smut magazine from 1984 in a store and it will have her in it, so if it's out there, you can definitely get your hands on it, one way or another. If those Faces of Death movies were made and that footage is in it, then let's track down that tape!

Yay something to do inside on this hot as hell day!

Every time this tread resurfaces I think "footage!?" and come running.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaMalibu View Post
    Can't anyone archive (or hunt down) those old "Faces of Death" type videos then? Also, like the Traci Lords stuff (I know gross example), you can still buy an old smut magazine from 1984 in a store and it will have her in it, so if it's out there, you can definitely get your hands on it, one way or another. If those Faces of Death movies were made and that footage is in it, then let's track down that tape!

Yay something to do inside on this hot as hell day!
    First one. I'm watching right now.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...04062499&hl=fi

And if you go to Google Video and type Faces of Death you get huge list.

Yeah I tried that once before lol--not to mention which there appears to be no site which lists in detail any of the scenarios featured on the movies themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Girl View Post
    Yeah I tried that once before lol--not to mention which there appears to be no site which lists in detail any of the scenarios featured on the movies themselves.
    I think I saw that list somewhere. But everyone can now watch and I'm sure that footage is not there. If it was we would have seen it before.

I found the e-mail address marilyn.fletcher@nbc.com for Marilyn Fletcher online. I don't know if it works or not.

I think I may've posted that back in the thread somewhere, I don't think it worked.

For the last fuckin' time -- CONTACT SALLIE QUINN! Marilyn Fletcher doesn't have squat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adiposeur View Post
    Cool....I left a comment
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

I see more real deaths on youtube of all places!
    Somewhere in this thread someone said faces or traces of death could contain the footage.
    I think i remember seeing something about her in a news report. Just her sitting at the desk, not the suicide part. It was one of those news shows in the 80's or early 90's...

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    For the last fuckin' time -- CONTACT SALLIE QUINN! Marilyn Fletcher doesn't have squat!
    LOLOLOLOLOL I know! I can't seem to find any email address for comments and such for her though.
    Last edited by Michael555; 05-12-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Cool to know that the word is out that us 'goulish death hags' are on the case LMAO!!!

BTW....There are several real death series out there... we've got....

Traces of Death
    Death Scenes
    Final Exits
    Banned in America

when I think of more I'll post them. Have at them guys!!!

ya know, everytime this thread pops up on the main page, I get giddy as a school girl.....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

LMAO!!! Me too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    ya know, everytime this thread pops up on the main page, I get giddy as a school girl.....
    Sorry to disappoint you guys .
    I'm still waiting for the FCC response...

So, I'm curious to know, if someone at one point does get this footage and post it, could they get into trouble??? It was broadcasted live, but many things about the legal system don't make sense, just curious here!

Quote Originally Posted by DexterKitty View Post
    Cool to know that the word is out that us 'goulish death hags' are on the case LMAO!!!

BTW....There are several real death series out there... we've got....

Traces of Death
    Death Scenes
    Final Exits
    Banned in America

when I think of more I'll post them. Have at them guys!!!
    Isn't Traces of Death videos of autopsies with Death Metal music?
    ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Isn't Traces of Death videos of autopsies with Death Metal music?
    I think it was real death just kind of a spin off from faces of death. I need to go googling.

I've never heard of Death Scenes or Final Exits...I have heard of Banned In America and Traces of Death and I doubt they would have the footage.

Does anyone have imdb.com links for Death Scenes or Final Exits? I'll try to look around, but I can't seem to find any.

lol, you'll are probably going to laugh at me but I haven't even watched Faces Of Death...and frankly, I have no desire too. But if the footage is on something similar well, I'll watch it. Gore grosses me out for the most part though :/. But I obiviously understand the interest/curiousity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7---mGq7G_Y edited to warn of graphic video of man dying on stage (heart attack maybe?)
    Last edited by baroque1; 05-13-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Any Death Hags want to be on his radio show? Its international

Sorry to bump yet again and get your hopes up, but you know, that blog kinda pissed me off a little. I consider myself a "death hag." Proud of it too. But, I've seen some photos and videos in my day, (some by pure accident. Thanks google image minus safe filter.) But for the most part, I'm a baby about those things. I still understand that there are many people who want or need to see this, and I am glad to say most of the people on this board have much respect for Christine. Just like Scott said in Dearly Departed 1 going up to Jack Cassidy's apartment, "... [these people]understands that we're not vampires, we're not crazy people; we're just people that are interested in something a little bit different."

and his last blog in which he admitted to being a hypocrite because he watched the Tommy Cooper death tape. Anyhow, he wrote me this morning and asked me to be on his radio show which I declined. Scott said he would be doing a tour at the same time of the show. Anyone else interested? We need a good rep for hags

yeah, my comment on his blog said I thought we would like to have known her alive but since she did do it on tv Im pretty sure she wanted her statement to be seen

wow that was really amazing ...he juts dropped dead....

Hi Guys!

Well, you know what Oscar Wilde said, there's only one thing worse than being talked about... and that's *not* being talked about. Wow!

I wanted to hop on here and thank you guys for checking the blog out and let you know how amazed I am that since we technically disagreed on a point, I wasn't being savaged. You know what the internet is like, people have been pounded to death in parking lots for less!

I'm glad the following Tommy Cooper post has been brought up, and particularly that I felt like I had been a hypocrite for being so hard on people looking for the Chubbuck tape after watching it. Twice. For those of you who missed it, it's here: http://spikenesmith.blogspot.com/200...-internet.html In my defence, there *are* some rather ghoulish comments that go unchecked, here and in other places, but I do appreciate now that being a "death hag" doesn't necessarily mean that all you're interested in is watching blood drip. I apologise if you thought I was being too harsh or judgemental.

Certainly the offer stands to anyone from here who wants to come on the show tonight. As I explained to Baroque, we're not arguers and we won't give you a hard time or try and trip you up. It's not that kind of show. What I'd like to do is build on the conclusion of the Tommy Cooper post, and the conversation that followed in the comments section, to examine exactly what it is that draws us to watch this stuff, how some people tolerate it and some turn away. I'd be extremely interested in views like LitaMalibu's, who identifies with the community but doesn't have an iron stomach when it comes to the actual images. (even if I did piss you off!) I think it would also be useful to define exactly what a "death hag" is.

We tape tonight (wednesday 13th) around 6pm eastern time, your segment would be around 6.30 or so and would last half an hour. Skype's the best bet, but we can also call anyone who wants to appear. It's probably not a good idea to drop my email address on here, but if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me your email or Skype screen name, or I can PM you mine. If you don't want to come on by yourself, I'd be more than happy to conference another person in.

Thanks again,

S. =)

I would like to publicly apologize to Spike as I just realized that my reply to him bounced back to me. Sorry if you did not recieve it. I got in touch with Scott the owner of this forum as I thought he would be the most qualified to be your guest and represent "death hags". That took many hours as the time difference involved. As soon as I heard that he would be working a tour I sent my decline to give you as much time as possible to find another guest for the spot. Now I believe you never recieved it. I also got in touch with three other hags that I thought might be good. One cannot and the other two are thinking about it. After that I posted on this thread. So, I do hope someone who is not chicken shit skeerd (like me) does step up and your show is a sucess.
    All The Best
    Baroque1

Oh heavens, there's no need for that. I had some problems registering yesterday, the site wanted a non-free email address, which I don't have. About an hour after I had remembered the password of my AOL address, registered with that and sent the PM to you, I got notice that my registration had been yanked. Apparently AOL is free now! I hadn't used it in so long, I had no idea. I figured when I came back and re-read the thread and saw you had responded that that's what had happened.

I appreciate your hard work!

S. =)

I would certainly love to be on the show...but I have to work...

yeah me too....

That Tommy Cooper video is very creepy.
    Suck it.

Why is their an element of "comedy" in Tommy's death? Hell, I wish I could go out on stage!

Spike, anyone can agree or disagree--we certainly wouldn't skewer you here unless you were perhaps the Octowat in disguise.
    I'll be working on the racecar tonight so can't listen to your show--I certainly hope others will be able to listen to it afterwards!
    I do have to say, the range of why people look for these things comes in a wide range. Some people are ghoulish, some people interested from a clinical point of view (me), others look at it objectively, and others enjoy the warmth and welcome of this site. As with anything in life, the reasons are colorful and varied!
    I stand by my statement that to see what makes a death hag, you would have to take time to read many of these threads, from Charles Manson to the unimaginable horrors of the children reported killed on a daily basis. Where one person may make a joke on one thread, they are genuinely torn on another. A small point is that death hags are interested in the what, how's and why's of any of the situations We simply start from the end and work our way towards the beginning. Good luck with your show!

Please let little ole me know too... I still want to do that "grand FAD event" down at WXLT in Sarasota. I figured we could rent a "yellow convertible VW Beetle" like Christine's and spin some mad, drunken donuts in that parking lot. We can still speculate on where she parked her car that day, and can even contemplate her "route"...