Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Shocking facts about celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I was watching Memories of MASH the other night hosted by Shelly Long. I learned something that just floored me..
    The cross dressing character of Corporal Klinger was based on Lenny Bruce who wore dresses to get out of the Navy and he got his Dishonerable discharge after he went to the ships Dr and told him he was developing homosexual desires. WOW.
    I was on a ship with a bloke that did that. He took it a step further and took his transvestite girlfriend to the psych interview. He got out.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I was on a ship with a bloke that did that. He took it a step further and took his transvestite girlfriend to the psych interview. He got out.
    Instant Section 8!

Sarah Michelle Gellar was sued by McDonalds when she was 5 after appearing in a Burger King commercial.
    Suck it.

W.C. Fields was supposedly sued by the sponsor of his radio show (Lucky Strike Cigarettes) for talking about his "son" Chester....Chester Fields

Turns out that Fields had made a side deal with Chesterfield Cigarettes. As Borat would say: "Naughty naughty" LOL Anyone wonder why he's my hero?

Nancy Reagan's godmother was Alla Nazimova.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

One of the greatest speeches ever given was by Robert Shaw. It was his USS Indianapolis speech.
    The day before he was supposed to do the speech he called up Speilburg and asked him if it would be OK
    and have a couple of drinks before he made his speech. He said OK. The crew had to carry him on board he was so shit faced.
    He did the speech. He calls Speilburg the next day to see how fucked up it came out.
    He had to redo it this time he wasn't drunk.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

When Disney released Beauty and the Beast in Japan the speaking and singing voice of Robby Benson (the beast) was dubbed by Jackie Chan.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

These are probably common knowledge, but her are some facts about the Nelson family.

* Mark Harmon's brother in law was Ricky Nelson. His sister Kris was married to him and is the mother of actress Tracy, Mathew & Gunnar of the band Nelson and another son Sam. Mark is married to Mork & Mindy co-star Pam Dawber.

* Kris was pregnant when she and Rick married in 1963 with Tracy. Since it would have been scandalous for Ozzie & Harriet and their show, they lied that Tracy was premature and placed her in a incubator to cover up the fact, regardless of the health risks. Tracy later developed Hodgkins Lymphoma in the late 80's right around the time she married Billy Moses of Falcon Crest.

* Kris made Rick & the kids life a living H***. She blew his money left and right and when they divorced nearly 20 years later she rode him about child support for their youngest Sam.She lied and said he was behind on payment and he took gigs to make money, which one was the one he flew to on New Years that claimed his life in a plane crash. David Nelson (Rick's brother) called Kris a murderer at the funeral.

* Kris kicked her sons out the day they graduated high school and they had to live with Rick.

* Kris was so messed up on drugs and alcohol that Mark & Pam tried to get custody of her youngest Sam, but lost.

* Kris later married and divorced Mark Tinker the son of Grant Tinker who was married to Mary Tyler Moore.

* David Nelson's daughter Terri was once married to Chuck Woolery who was nearly as old as David.

* Harriet Nelson was nothing like the role she played on TV. She loved cigarettes, martinis and a good dirty joke. In her younger days with Ozzie and his band, she didn't wear any underwear on the bandstand.

* When Ozzie died, Rick was lost since Ozzie handled most of his business. Rick didn't know how to write a check etc.......

* David Nelson's first wife June Blair was a former 50's Playboy playmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie78 View Post
    These are probably common knowledge, but her are some facts about the Nelson family.

* Mark Harmon's brother in law was Ricky Nelson. His sister Kris was married to him and is the mother of actress Tracy, Mathew & Gunnar of the band Nelson and another son Sam. Mark is married to Mork & Mindy co-star Pam Dawber.

* Kris was pregnant when she and Rick married in 1963 with Tracy. Since it would have been scandalous for Ozzie & Harriet and their show, they lied that Tracy was premature and placed her in a incubator to cover up the fact, regardless of the health risks. Tracy later developed Hodgkins Lymphoma in the late 80's right around the time she married Billy Moses of Falcon Crest.

* Kris made Rick & the kids life a living H***. She blew his money left and right and when they divorced nearly 20 years later she rode him about child support for their youngest Sam.She lied and said he was behind on payment and he took gigs to make money, which one was the one he flew to on New Years that claimed his life in a plane crash. David Nelson (Rick's brother) called Kris a murderer at the funeral.

* Kris kicked her sons out the day they graduated high school and they had to live with Rick.

* Kris was so messed up on drugs and alcohol that Mark & Pam tried to get custody of her youngest Sam, but lost.

* Kris later married and divorced Mark Tinker the son of Grant Tinker who was married to Mary Tyler Moore.

* David Nelson's daughter Terri was once married to Chuck Woolery who was nearly as old as David.

* Harriet Nelson was nothing like the role she played on TV. She loved cigarettes, martinis and a good dirty joke. In her younger days with Ozzie and his band, she didn't wear any underwear on the bandstand.

* When Ozzie died, Rick was lost since Ozzie handled most of his business. Rick didn't know how to write a check etc.......

* David Nelson's first wife June Blair was a former 50's Playboy playmate.

I always wondered why Mark and Pam suddenly dropped their suit against Kris when they were going after custody of Sam. Rumor had it that it was something to do with Pam, maybe a skeleton from her past? I always wondered what the story was there. Considering that Kris was a druggie, Pam's issue had to have been worse than that if they suddenly dropped their quest to gain custody of Sam.

The Nelsons really were quite a bunch. I'll never remember where I read it, it'll be someone's biography, but Alice Faye was quoted as saying something to the effect that she wouldn't trust Harriet and Ozzie as far as she could throw them, and Alice Faye wasn't one to talk trash.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I always wondered why Mark and Pam suddenly dropped their suit against Kris when they were going after custody of Sam. Rumor had it that it was something to do with Pam, maybe a skeleton from her past? I always wondered what the story was there. Considering that Kris was a druggie, Pam's issue had to have been worse than that if they suddenly dropped their quest to gain custody of Sam.
    I always wondered that too. I read an old article from around that time and they kind of hinted that Pam might have done drugs when she was on Mork & Mindy.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    The Nelsons really were quite a bunch. I'll never remember where I read it, it'll be someone's biography, but Alice Faye was quoted as saying something to the effect that she wouldn't trust Harriet and Ozzie as far as she could throw them, and Alice Faye wasn't one to talk trash.
    That sounds interesting. I wonder what O&H did to her ?

Angelina Jolie Always Wanted to Direct ... Funerals

http://www.people.com/people/article...548947,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Angelina Jolie Always Wanted to Direct ... Funerals

http://www.people.com/people/article...548947,00.html
    I have never liked AJ. I dont think she's much of an actress either. And bloody hell, eat a fucking sandwich will ya? I read something about her diet a few weeks ago - she eats like 4 peas a day and thats it. Well I am making a joke, but its close to that. I always wondered about all these skinny actresses. I guess money is the motivating factor to stay skeleton-like? The second you gain a pound Hollywood dumps you and the media hounds you for being fat.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but here it goes about Humphry Bogart. His mother was a famous illustrator. See it's NOT true he was the Gerber Baby but:

His mother, Maud Humphrey, was a commercial illustrator, who received her art training in New York and France, including study with James McNeill Whistler, and who later became artistic director of the fashion magazine The Delineator. She was a militant suffragette.[9] She used a drawing of baby Humphrey in a well-known ad campaign for Mellins Baby Food.[10] In her prime, she made over $50,000 a year, then a vast sum, far more than her husband's $20,000 per year.[11] The Bogarts lived in a fashionable Upper West Side apartment, and had an elegant cottage on a fifty-five acre estate in upstate New York on Canandaigua Lake. As a youngster, Humphrey's gang of friends at the lake would put on theatricals.[12]

I was just talking about Rosie Grier in another thread and how I lost all respect for him during the OJ murder case when OJ was supposedly "confessing" to Rosie but Rosie wouldn't talk about it because he said he was a preacher an what ever OJ said was said under the cloak of a confessional even though Grier was just basically a religious councelor bu here's something that really blew me away about him.

After Grier's professional sports career he worked as a bodyguard for Robert Kennedy during the 1968 presidential campaign and was guarding the senator's wife, Ethel Kennedy, during the Robert F. Kennedy assassination. Although unable to prevent that killing, Grier took control of the gun and subdued the shooter, Sirhan Sirhan.

Then he protected a double murderer and wiped out all his good Karma.

Babe Ruth the Sultan of Swat besides being great at baseball was an accomplished sower he used to work in a shirt factory when he was a kid.

Dick Van Dyke is fascinated with CGI and animation. He has a CGI studio in his guest house where he spends time inserting himself into old movies, and he did all the CGI work on Diagnosis Murder himself.

Just read James Garner autobiography and was surprised to learn he was a long time pot smoker. He started in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Just read James Garner autobiography and was surprised to learn he was a long time pot smoker. He started in high school.
    Yeah.... there's a story somewhere, probably on FAD about how he and Peter Fonda got high as kites and planned to liberate Henry Fonda's ashes.

christina ricci is afraid of house plants. apparently it's a severe phobia
    [I] "There comes a time in every women's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I have never liked AJ. I dont think she's much of an actress either. And bloody hell, eat a fucking sandwich will ya? I read something about her diet a few weeks ago - she eats like 4 peas a day and thats it. Well I am making a joke, but its close to that. I always wondered about all these skinny actresses. I guess money is the motivating factor to stay skeleton-like? The second you gain a pound Hollywood dumps you and the media hounds you for being fat.
    Her story right now is that she's hardly eating until world hunger ends.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmy17 View Post
    Yeah right. Like Brad won't marry her until gay marriage is legal.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Just goes to show she's delusional about her star power......does she really think she can wipe out a centuries old problem?? Does she think all the govenments of the world are so worried that she'll die from starvation that they'll fix a problem they don't really give a shit about in the first place?
    GR6-1890
    I may look calm. But in my head, I've killed you three times.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yeah right. Like Brad won't marry her until gay marriage is legal.
    Honestly, if he's not just using it as an excuse I always liked him for saying that. I don't think he really believes it will make much of a difference to the movement though, unlike Angelina seems to think about her starving herself.

Honestly, if he's not just using it as an excuse I always liked him for saying that. I don't think he really believes it will make much of a difference to the movement though, unlike Angelina seems to think about her starving herself.
    I dont have any factual basis for this, its JMO. I've always thought that Angie never did want to marry Brad. She's content the way things are. While the gay remake is a politically correct excuse I just dont buy it. As for Ang starving herself, I think this business about world hunger is a mask for deep, personal issues with her. And again, it sounds great but in reality world hunger will never end. Well at least not in her lifetime.

How does she have the energy to raise 6 kids- and to be fair she seems very hands on which I like a lot- when she must be constantly hungry and lacking energy?

I admire her wanting to use her brain behind the camera as well. Some actors have directed excellent films- Clint Eastwood and Ben Affleck amongst them. Why shouldn't Angelina?
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

She may as well direct. I haven't liked her in anything since Girl, Interrupted.

I'm not sure I've seen her in anything since Girl, Interrupted
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

Not sure if it's a "fact" or not - but it has been put out there.

I think Beyonce is about a pregnant as John Travolta is with Tom Cruise's baby... I think she be a faker and paying someone to carry a baby for her.

Jus' sayin'...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Not sure if it's a "fact" or not - but it has been put out there.

I think Beyonce is about a pregnant as John Travolta is with Tom Cruise's baby... I think she be a faker and paying someone to carry a baby for her.

Jus' sayin'...
    Stranger things have happened. I do wonder how many women have paid through the nose to avoid wrecking their bodies.

Aww, SheJay --

Not you, too! I don't think she's faking. What would her reason be? Maybe vanity, but the risk to her career -- if she was found out -- would be too great.

I was watching Memories of MASH the other night hosted by Shelly Long. I learned something that just floored me..
    The cross dressing character of Corporal Klinger was based on Lenny Bruce who wore dresses to get out of the Navy and he got his Dishonerable discharge after he went to the ships Dr and told him he was developing homosexual desires. WOW.
    Ironically, Jamie Farr, the actor who played Klinger was the only cast member who actually served in Korea during the war. He was honorably discharged though.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Aww, SheJay --

Not you, too! I don't think she's faking. What would her reason be? Maybe vanity, but the risk to her career -- if she was found out -- would be too great.
    I have to say that I dont think she's pregnant either.

Its a different time now. Women dont have to endure pregnancy anymore unless they want to. Its getting quite popular to have a surrogate. And yes I think its because some women dont want to subject their body to it. With the way Hollywood is, and the world in general, a woman like Beyonce is hot and sexy and once they gain a damn ounce its all over the tabloids. Especially if they dont lose it ten minutes after giving birth. I dont blame people for doing it, its a different worlds now. Especially women who make their living with a sexy body. I think this will continue to rise in popularity. Why subject yourself to all that when you can pay someone to do it for you? (lol, rhetorical question.......)

She can afford a better fake belly than that. I mean seriously. That's just inexcusable.

Like Tegan & Sara having such atrocious haircuts. NO excuse for it!!@!

But why would you want to fake something like that?

I can't believe anyone is taking the whole fake pregnancy thing seriously. I mean honestly! SJP used a surrogate, as have several people, and no one thought worse of her for it. If you can't carry a child to term then just say so! Or whatever excuse you want. I mean B could lie about that bit if she wanted to- not like we're going to demand proof she has an unstable womb or whatever the hell they call it. She's pregnant. End of.

When Grover Cleveland was practicing law his law partner and his wife had a baby. He bought the baby girl a baby carriage.
    21 years later he married the girl who he bought the baby carriage for in the White House and became the only president to ever get
    married in the White House.

He actually hung 2 convicted murderers when he was Sheriff of Erie County a murderer had to be hung so as a sheriff it was either his duty to hang the person himself or pay a hangman $10 he was on the thrifty side so he did it himself.
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 12-19-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Aww, SheJay --

LOL!! Yeppers -me too!! I'm sorry I saw that "belly" cave in on that interview and REAL baby bellies do not go in and out like that. Plus she is a "thick" girl - she has the tendency to gain weight and IF you are gonna gain it, being knocked up is definitly the time we would see it.

I ain't knocking her for hiring someone to carry her kid, hell if I had the money I would probably do it too, but just don't lie about it, that's what makes me lose respect for her.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Such silly crap that Beyonce is faking a pregnancy. Come on people.

Last edited by Cynful; 12-20-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Awww dammit Cyn, I never get to have any fun with my conspriacy theories!
    Last edited by slingshot; 12-20-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    She can afford a better fake belly than that. I mean seriously. That's just inexcusable.
    Hahahahaaaaaaa!!! "Fake Belly" would be a great name for a band.

Surely Beyonce and Jay-Z will have the utmost in health care and security when the baby is born, but if anyone at TMZ spied on this thread, how much do you think they'd try (or pay) to have someone take a few key photos?! Maybe there will be a few pics taken from helicopters hovering overhead. :P
    "I like my big old granny panties, but I don't want them big enough to bunch up and make it look like I shit my pants." - Mammy

Does anyone know when she is due? She looks really small in that video, but if it was taken a month or more ago that would make sense.

I haven't really thought about it, whether she could be faking. The one thing I do hope for is that B & JZ's baby does not end up a spoiled "fashion Diva" like Suri Cruise.

No joke! I saw on some website that Suri's Christmas wish list totaled over $130,000. I can't remember the site I saw it on, but I'll post it if I can find it with Google.

I haven't really thought about it, whether she could be faking. The one thing I do hope for is that B & JZ's baby does not end up a spoiled "fashion Diva" like Suri Cruise.
    She'll have an intervention when she's sixteen. And not for drugs. For that freaking baby bottle.

I am not a huge Wendy Williams fan, but this is funny... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1009238.html

There are better video's out there of the actual Australian Interview where her "bump sunk"...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Does anyone know when she is due? She looks really small in that video, but if it was taken a month or more ago that would make sense.

January I believe

Ironically, Jamie Farr, the actor who played Klinger was the only cast member who actually served in Korea during the war. He was honorably discharged though.
    Yes but did he wear a bridal gown to get his discharge?

Blind Item from Dlisted.com - Things that make you say hmmmmmmm....

It’s coming down to the wire, folks! Just a few weeks to go. There’s one problem, though. She was looking too thin to be convincing. Thankfully, she found a solution that doesn’t include eating a single bowl of ice cream. It’s called Prednisone. Taking excessive amounts of corticosteroids over time can result in some serious effects, including hypertension and cataracts. Another side effect is gaining weight, especially in the face and neck and abdomen. She knew this because it happened to her before. Last time it was accidental and was upsetting for her. Now, though, it’s purposeful, and is a solution to her problem.

She started taking Prednisone a couple of months ago, so she should be plumping up pretty soon. Fat face and neck coming right up! She not worried, though, because she’s been told that the weight will drop quickly once she tapers down below 10 mg a day. Followed, of course, by claims of how hard she worked to take off the weight. (Blind Gossip)
    Beyonce? Of course. And when can we expect to get a Lifetime original movie based on all these blind items about Beyonce's supposed fraudulent pregnancy? Basement Baby can play Beyonce and Orlando Jones can play Basement Baby.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Yes but did he wear a bridal gown to get his discharge?
    As interesting as that would be as far as "shocking celebrity stories" go, no he didn't wear his wedding gown. Actually the uniform he wore on the show (in later episodes when he took over as company clerk) was his actual army uniform that he wore when he served in Korea. He must have kept himself in good shape. I can't even fit in my wedding dress anymore and yet Jamie Farr could still fit in his army uniform from the 1950s whe he wore it in the 80s.