Thread: Genene Jones

Genene Jones

Genene Jones

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Genene Jones
    Cover of The Death ShiftBackground informationBirth name:Genene JonesBorn:July 13, 1950
    TexasPenalty:99 years with triple credit; mandatory parole in 2017KillingsNumber of victimsne confirmed; believed to be up to 50Span of killings:1971 through 1984Country:U.S.State(s):TexasDate apprehended:1984Genene Jones (born July 13, 1950) was a pediatric nurse who worked in several medical clinics around San Antonio, Texas, and is thought to have killed somewhere between 11 and 46 infants and children who were in her care (around 1980-1982). She used injections of heparin and later succinylcholine to kill the babies. Novel succinylcholine detection methods were used to prove her guilt.
    An accurate number may never be known, in part because after her conviction on one count of murder and one count of attempted murder, hospital officials throughout Texas shredded records of her employment and activities, preventing further trials and embarrassment.
    In 1985 Jones was charged with two crimes and sentenced to 99 years in prison. Jones will serve only one-third of her sentence because of a law in place at the time to deal with prison overcrowding. Jones will receive automatic parole in 2017, much to the protest of the family of Chelsea McClellan, the child Jones was convicted of murdering.
    Jones is eligible for parole every two to three years, having been denied six times so far.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I believe she is the only serial killer San Antonio has had. My mom worked with her at Bexar County hospital in the early 80's. The hospital changed it's name after this due the the publicity. Hard to believe she will actually be released.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

The story of Chelsea McClellan is so so sad.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Nope, GJ was not the only serial killer with SA connections:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7072866

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    Nope, GJ was not the only serial killer with SA connections:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7072866

i remember reading about him on crimelibrary.com.... he was pretty sick.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Shes up for parole again:
    http://www.q1019.com/cc-common/news/...rticle=8119444

[SIZE=5]Genene Jones, the infamous 'killer nurse' who's case was the top news story across San Antonio and south and central Texas in the early 1980s, is eligible for parole, and will appear at a parole hearing later this month, 1200 WOAI news reports.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] Jones, who was a pediatric registered nurse, was linked to the murders of as many as 46 infants and children while practicing in a pediatric facility in Kerrville and at what was then called Bexar County Hospital, now University Hospital in San Antonio.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] She was convicted of murdering 16 month old Chelsea McClellan in Kerrville by injecting the infant with a dose of the drug succinylcholine in 1985, and received a 99 year sentence. Later, she was convicted in the serious injury to another child in Bexar County and received a 60 year prison term. She is currently serving her sentence at the Texas Prison for Women in Gatesville, and Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley thinks she should stay there.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] "Genene Jones is one of the few female serial killers that we have in the United States," Bradley said. "She was a nurse who deliberately injected children with drugs to kill them, in an attempt to create support for a Children's Hospital."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] At Jones' sensational trial, it was claimed that she suffers from a psychological disorder called Munchhausen Syndrome by Proxy, in which people intentionally inflict harm on others, usually children, so they can bask in the adulation for saving their lives. But in Kerrville, Jones actually used as an excuse her claim that she was trying to publicize the need for better children's health services in the Hill Country.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] This is not Jones' first effort to be released on parole.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] "Her cases occurred in 1983 and 1985, she has been up for parole previously, this is the eighth time she has been up for parole, and my worry is that somebody is going to let her go," Bradley said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] He says he will write a strongly worded letter to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles in an attempt to keep Jones behind bars.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Genene Jones

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An accurate number may never be known, in part because after her conviction on one count of murder and one count of attempted murder, hospital officials throughout Texas shredded records of her employment and activities, preventing further trials and embarrassment.
    How the hell was this not tampering with evidence, and interferring with a murder investigation(s) ?
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    How the hell was this not tampering with evidence, and interferring with a murder investigation(s) ?
    Heres an article concerning the shredding of the documents:
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...57C0A962948260

The hospital changed its name from Bexar County Hospital to Medical Center Hospital (now it is University Hospital) soon after the incident.
    Most people thought it was a distancing measure.

I remember reading the article on her in Texas Monthly in '83, then reading the book later. Can't believe she will actually be getting out. useless waste of good air.

We can never let this monster out! My husband is Chelea's fathers 1st cousin. Our son was born a few moths before Chelsea (30 this yr). The side that no one sees is what this did to the family and continues to do. We buried a baby, exhumed her, and buried her again. How does it feel when your hero is demasked and the evil is exposed? It ruins so many lives, marriages and relationships. No matter how you try and pick up the pieces they keep getting knocked out of your hand. We each dealt with this individually. As a young mother back then, I couldn't look at Reid and Petti without feeling guilty that my baby was alive. Many others just didn't have words. The whole while they were fighting with the lingering demons brought on by this woman. You can NEVER know the inside stories of this horrible act.

That succinylcholide is becoming far too common, and it would be TERRIBLE way to die.

I've seen these cases on... Channel 111 here, DiscoveryI.D. I think, where a spouse (usually a spouse... whomever is on the life insurance policy, anyway...) injects his/her spouse with it, and they're paralyzed yet they know exactly what's going on. And what's going on is usually that they're being burned alive... usually that, once it was a bit different, but that stuff... just hearing the name gives me chills.

I cannot even fathom, I cannot go there, to what it would be like to have someone... my god, especially someone I loved and trusted, doing that to me. Watching me, the terror in my eyes, as they started pouring farking gasoline (or whatever) around my bed, intending to ... you know. It's called "succs" for short (fitting because hell, it DOES suck) and bodies are being exhumed to check for traces of it in cases where, say, a nurse (or someone with access to it) has gotten away with "the perfect murder" and it could've been used. There's another drug a lot like it, an injectable also, but I can't recall it's name.

I have a tremendous and (maybe) unfounded fear of being buried alive. That's my Orwell's Room 101, if you will. That's the worst (to me.) My mom's the same way, so maybe it's hereditary. I know I won't be buried no matter how dead I am, "just in case" my body decides, "Oh hell, let's give it another shot" and I wake up alive, underground. My god that, to me, is the worst of the worst. And you know, A succs death would be similar, because you cannot move at all but you can FEEL everything, physically and emotionally. And to go out that way, in utter and complete terror and helplessness, would be a really sucky way to end. Seriously.

Also, and I don't mean to hijack this thread at all, but one case that I watched on TruTV really fascinated me, and it involved a nurse. A fertility nurse, named Melanie MacGuire. And it was positively riveting. Is there a thread on her? She -- let me find a way to put this -- she cut her husband into thirds (that was the best I could do, sorry), put each third in it's own piece of designer luggage, and chucked them into the Chesapeake Bay? Can anyone direct me to that thread, if there is one?

A 17-cent toll charge that she tried to have taken off her EZ-Pass was one of the strongest pieces of evidences, IIRC. Well, that and she was having an affair with the Doctor (Miller, his name was, I think) she worked for. I recall she - ah - blew him in his office when she was nine months pregnant. NNTAWWT....

Okay, sorry for the off-topic there, I just keep trying to find it... you guys are good, it's gotta be here, but I'm just doing something wrong, apparently. Anyone know?

Back to this case, though: This whole "she will serve one-third of her sentence because of {insert asinine reason here}" is unacceptable. I have children... a lot of you have children. Can you imagine her doing only a third of a given sentence? Honestly, someone harming (let alone murdering) my child would be the one instance where I would absolutely, undoubtedly, and unabashadly (okay, maybe that's not a word, but "without remorse" anyway) be waiting for them when they got out.

You murder someone's child, you've murdered a part of them, as well. I cannot imagine sleeping at night knowing my child's murderer was enjoying freedom; it could not be done by me. I would lie in wait, so I'd get Murder One. And I wouldn't care, because at the very least, I could sleep at night. It would be the last thing I ever did for my child, but it would be the right thing, and it would probably be the best night's sleep I'd gotten since losing my child. (One night's sleep for me, a lifetime of sleep for a murderer... sounds more than fair to me.)

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

I saw this on Deadly Women -- what is more unacceptable than anything is that they were POSITIVE she was killing babies, and did NOT report the deaths to the ME, and instead, let her go with a glowing reference. Everyone that had a hand in her moving to another hospital belongs right beside her.

well, this crap moves slower than molasses in May. Every post MUST be CHECKED by a moderator?Is this MB from Russia?

WTF?????

The point of a message board is to interact verbally with like minded folk .When you ARREST the timing of a given individuals FREEDOM of speech....you got BAKARWWARDSSSSS...freedom of speech!!!!!. Proof read THIS!!! Green Acres!!!

MY GOD!!!!!..Amazing how I thought the most liberal minded Board turned out to be the most CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!

BAN ME!!! LAME!!!! Scott ...I thought You were cool
    Brooding Troubadour

I remember reading the book many years back. My heart breaks for the families of those children. There must be some way with today's new technologies to link her to one of the other crimes and charge her, so that she doesn't get out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is very sad. Although, I have to say that I am surprised that she did not get the death penalty since this case is from Texas.I really feel for all of these families.

My God, she was a mean looking old bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by jvf2112 View Post
    well, this crap moves slower than molasses in May. Every post MUST be CHECKED by a moderator?Is this MB from Russia?

WTF?????

The point of a message board is to interact verbally with like minded folk .When you ARREST the timing of a given individuals FREEDOM of speech....you got BAKARWWARDSSSSS...freedom of speech!!!!!. Proof read THIS!!! Green Acres!!!

MY GOD!!!!!..Amazing how I thought the most liberal minded Board turned out to be the most CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!

BAN ME!!! LAME!!!! Scott ...I thought You were cool
    They only moderate a newbie's individual posts until it's established that he's not a weenie. Not sure, but you may have just extended your moderation period.
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

Second generation Death Hag carrying on a proud family tradition.
    ~~RIP Mom 9/20/68 - 5/2/2014~

^^^ I'm really missing something here

Anyway, I found this http://www.texansforequaljustice.org...st/jones.shtml while trying to find out why Jones didn't get the death penalty. So far I can't find any reason, other than 99 years was the max sentence offered.

The site is for protest letters against Jones' parole. Since it is an automatic parole, I wonder if they can keep her in. She should absolutely die in prison, maybe with a little succs help.

I don't know what makes me angrier; the actual killings or the fact that the hospital simply passed her on with glowing recommendations.
    "And really, who didn't want to see Churchill's wiener?" - radiojane

Second generation Death Hag carrying on a proud family tradition.
    ~~RIP Mom 9/20/68 - 5/2/2014~

She should do the world a favor and crawl off to die somewhere! She doesn't deserve to be alive!

She's set for mandatory release in 2017, and the fur is already flying...

Genene Jones, Serial Baby Killer, Scheduled For Early Release In Texas

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_828023.html
    “I’ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me.” ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

When she is released, she better develop eyes on the back of her head. I don't think she'll be having a peaceful life. I had forgotten how damn ugly she is. I wonder what she looks like now?

She has two children who were 11 and 6 at the time of her indictment.
    Mrs. Turk, who became a licensed vocational nurse in 1977 after working as a hairdresser, had been employed by several hospitals in the San Antonio area. Mrs. Turk, who uses her maiden name, Genene Jones, has two children, a son, 11 years old, and a daughter, 6. Divorced, she was remarried last April, to a 19-year-old nurse's aide, Garron Ray Turk.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1983/07/02/us...-hospital.html

Wonder what they think of her. She married someone nearly half her age while she was killing all those babies. I can only imagine the titles that would be attributed to her if this had occurred in the past few years.

Very detailed article about Genenes history and events concerning her trial. Yeah the comments about her weight and appearance are very sexist. The whole lesbian witchcraft babykilling cult thing is a bit fucked up too. Guess those were concerns in the case? Gotta dig deeper into that angle.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=jSo...0jones&f=false

Edit - Gotta go to page 106 after clicking on the link for the beginning of the article.

Here's another article on her. They're trying to find parents of other babies she's killed, because it seems a new conviction could keep her behind bars:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/us/tex...html?hpt=ju_c2
    "I'm glad I don't have to hunt for my food. I don't even know where sandwiches live." ~~~seen on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Here's another article on her. They're trying to find parents of other babies she's killed, because it seems a new conviction could keep her behind bars:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/us/tex...html?hpt=ju_c2
    Wow! I hope at least the boy's case does get reopened.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 08-21-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    “I’ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so, it means a lot to me.” ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016.

I'm all for the authorities looking into other deaths she may be responsible for, but why are they just now starting to look into it? It isn't like they just found out recently that she could be released in 2018. It's been 32 years since the baby boy died and I think it would be hard to prove who killed him even if the toxicology shows drugs in his system.

This article is more of the same information, but it's a recent article. I sure hope the authorities can find enough evidence of other deaths and she doesn't get released. She should never get out of prison alive. I got a chuckle out of the first comment to the article. Apparently a guy thinks if she is released, he commented "I think my mother-in-law may be looking for a caregiver..." LOL

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...d-from-prison/

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    This article is more of the same information, but it's a recent article. I sure hope the authorities can find enough evidence of other deaths and she doesn't get released. She should never get out of prison alive. I got a chuckle out of the first comment to the article. Apparently a guy thinks if she is released, he commented "I think my mother-in-law may be looking for a caregiver..." LOL

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...d-from-prison/
    Gotta love a guy with death hag humor!!! Seriously, I don't believe she will ever get out of prison. I wonder if there has been a petition started to keep her there? I will have to break out my copy of Death Shift to re-read the particulars on the charges against her.

Quote Originally Posted by nursewratchet View Post
    Gotta love a guy with death hag humor!!! Seriously, I don't believe she will ever get out of prison. I wonder if there has been a petition started to keep her there? I will have to break out my copy of Death Shift to re-read the particulars on the charges against her.
    I sure hope she never gets out. I don't know if there is a petition or not. It's just unbelievable to me that she could possibly ever be released. I wonder why she didn't get the death penalty since it was premeditated murder? I enjoyed his death hag humor and can totally relate on the mother-in-law remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I sure hope she never gets out. I don't know if there is a petition or not. It's just unbelievable to me that she could possibly ever be released. I wonder why she didn't get the death penalty since it was premeditated murder? I enjoyed his death hag humor and can totally relate on the mother-in-law remark.
    Genene only chose children who couldn't talk as her victims. She did this to make the first hospital think that they needed her in the Pedi ICU and she probably had a hero complex. She got off on codes. Former co-workers commented on how she would literally jump over other nursing personel to be the one to do chest compressions, whether it was her patient or not. In one instance in the book it described how 2 of her patients were coding at the same time.

Yes, she really liked to be the hero and chose the most vulnerable victims. I guess she wasn't intending for them to die since she couldn't be the hero in that situation, but death did occur and her actions were premeditated. I'll look for that book on Amazon.

I believe I picked up my copy on Ebay for .99 plus shipping. I have read re-read that book several times. It is a very good book.

Thanks, I'll look on there. You never can tell about older books. Some of them that you think would be cheap are really expensive. My husband bought me a book about the Richard Grissom murders that happened in 1989 and it was over sixteen dollars. I thought that was ridiculous.

Latest bid for parole denied but still to be released in 2018:
    http://www.kens5.com/story/news/crim...nied/13734311/

There is a group on FB for the families/friends(/this death hag) of Genene's victims. The hope is that since she didn't make parole this time that another victim will be identified as hers and she will end up serving more time.

Genene Jones may be released

Genene Jones, the nurse convicted of killing one baby, almost killing another - and suspected in the deaths of possibly 40 others - may be released from prison because of a quirk in Texas law

Sentenced to 99 years in prison, she may be the first serial killer in history to be legally released from prison.

"The Mandatory Release law allows inmates convicted of violent crimes between 1977 and 1987 to be automatically released if their “good behavior” credit plus their time served equals their sentence. The law was changed in 1987 to exclude violent criminals, but it isn’t retroactive. So now McClellan-Wiese and Andy Kahan, a victim’s advocate for the city of Houston, are desperately trying to find other mothers whose babies may also have been killed by Jones. A new conviction could keep her locked up."
    http://truecrime.io9.com/why-this-te...mig-1713988505

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

VeuveClicquotNJ, please do a search before starting a new thread.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

I swear on all that is holy that I did a search on both "Genene" and "Genene Jones" before I posted this. I saw ·no· thread with her name; if I had, I wouldn't have posted a new one.

I'm a fairly long-term member and I know the rules.

That being said, thank you for relocating my post.
    Professional Thread-Killer

She has been charged with two more murders.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-te...045054670.html
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    She has been charged with two more murders.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-te...045054670.html
    I LOVE how the State of Texas played that one! It virtually assures all of us that she'll never see the light of day outside prison walls... where she belongs!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I LOVE how the State of Texas played that one! It virtually assures all of us that she'll never see the light of day outside prison walls... where she belongs!
    Phew...thank goodness. I was afraid for a moment she was close to being released.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Phew...thank goodness. I was afraid for a moment she was close to being released.
    The good thing is if she's found not guilty of the new charges, there's plenty more they can throw at her!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Indicted Tuesday on fifth murder charge:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3604579

Damn, that came slowly - glad they weren't forgotten.

Good to see you post, Ich.
    Throwing feces.

Just. Don't. Do. It.