Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Sabich

Spider Sabich

Anyone remember this one? My Dad and I were discussing this just the other night.

Andy Williams (It's the most wonderful time of the year) was married to a lady by the name of Claudine Longet, with whom he had 3 children.

Claudine and Andy eventually separated in 1969, but their divorce was final in 1975. Claudine had been living with her new man Vladamir "Spider" Sabich who was an Olympic skier and a notorious womanizer in Aspen, CO.

Sabich was shot to death on the night of March 21, 1976 and Claudine was later charged with his death. She claimed the gun went off while he was showing her how to use it, even though the autopsy showed different. Sounds like Spider was leaving her, kicking her out and she was pissed. Looks like th epolice botched some of the evidence.

She was convicted of criminal negligence and given 30 days in jail. Andy Williams, btw stuck with her through the whole trial. Upon her release from jail, she promptly took off with her married defense attorney! He left his wife and children and married her and they remain together in Aspen today!

Her wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudine_Longet

She was quite beautiful.

Interesting story.

so whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    so whats the point?
    Um, it's a death, it was in the public and that's what this forum is.

Pretty simple stuff.

I had no idea. I've never heard this story. Interesting.

This was on city confidential.
    Suck it.

oh God yes, she killed him in cold blood, crazy bitch, because he wanted her gone, and she shoots him, and she get off. Andy Williams deserves her, hope they both are haunted forever for what they did, him getting her off, is a bad as if he helped her pull the trigger.

Member since 10/10/07

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    This was on city confidential.
    Oh! I wish I would have saw that eppy!

Thanks for reminding me of this story. I grew up watching the Andy Williams Christmas Specials and thought they were the perfect couple. What a shock when this story broke.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2GkhjNj0FM

Isn't it interesting that some women live this way: taking men whether they are available or not. It's a sad commentary how the willpower of some men but still, how strange that some women have that power, to just do this repeatedly.

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Evidently she recorded a version of "bang bang you shot me down" which the Sabitch family made her take out of circulation.

Evidently she recorded a version of "bang bang you shot me down" which the Sabitch family made her take out of circulation.
    So who did the original?
    Suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of this story. I grew up watching the Andy Williams Christmas Specials and thought they were the perfect couple. What a shock when this story broke.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2GkhjNj0FM
    Wow! Great clip! And it is their children.

She was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Wiki says something about his family filing a lawsuit..

Edit, yes it talks about the song there.

It also says she talked about Andy in his A&E biography. But refused to be photographed.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    So who did the original?
    History of bang bang
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_Bang_(My_Baby_Shot_Me_Down)

And might I add, this picture of Longet makes her boobs look saggy. I have never understood why women want to show them off in an unflattering pic like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any pics of Claudine today? I'm going to check, but since she would not show her face on Andy's A&E special, I am thinking no.

She looks so sweet and innocent. Who knew she had it in her. Here's a couple pictures of the "happy" couple.

She's nuts, sweet looking or not, she's short one fry of a happy meal

Member since 10/10/07

I can not find ANY recent pics of her. I found pics of her with Spider and with her defense attorney (now husband) but they are all old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    History of bang bang
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_Bang_(My_Baby_Shot_Me_Down)

And might I add, this picture of Longet makes her boobs look saggy. I have never understood why women want to show them off in an unflattering pic like this.
    Hubba hubba!
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

"When they start burning books, in the end, they will also burn people." - Heiner, 19th century German poet.
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Spider Sabich?
    Oh, I was thinking about Swede Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I can not find ANY recent pics of her. I found pics of her with Spider and with her defense attorney (now husband) but they are all old.
    She's definitely camera-shy...absolutely nothing current out there. This was a fascinating case which I'd completely forgotten about. I remember at the time she seemed like a real loony when speaking about it with the press.
    If memory serves, Spider was a serious playboy, well known to all the girls in Aspen, so don't know why she would have been so surprised by his behavior, esp. enough to warrant shooting him...here's the happy couple:

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    She's definitely camera-shy...absolutely nothing current out there. This was a fascinating case which I'd completely forgotten about. I remember at the time she seemed like a real loony when speaking about it with the press.
    If memory serves, Spider was a serious playboy, well known to all the girls in Aspen, so don't know why she would have been so surprised by his behavior, esp. enough to warrant shooting him...here's the happy couple:
    Thanks jack. Yes, she certainly is camera-shy. I would love to see a recent pic!

And yes, you are correct. Spider was a well known womanizer. One of the articles I read said that he was only letting her stay with him longer because he adored her three children she had with Andy Williams.

My Dad loves to bring up things from the past like this one. I love listening to him because he always remembers it like it was yesterday!

Thanks jack. Yes, she certainly is camera-shy. I would love to see a recent pic!

And yes, you are correct. Spider was a well known womanizer. One of the articles I read said that he was only letting her stay with him longer because he adored her three children she had with Andy Williams.

My Dad loves to bring up things from the past like this one. I love listening to him because he always remembers it like it was yesterday!
    Now THAT'S gotta suck when your BF likes your children better than you...ouch. I'm starting to get the real picture now LOL! Nice post Lisa, and your dad sounds awesome by the way!

Now THAT'S gotta suck when your BF likes your children better than you...ouch. I'm starting to get the real picture now LOL! Nice post Lisa, and your dad sounds awesome by the way!
    Thanks jack, my Dad is a great guy! And yea, no doubt on the children thing!

I jus read the story on crimelibrary and one of the interesting tidbits was that Claudine spent the night of the killing at......

JOHN AND ANNIE DENVER'S HOUSE!

Talk about strange.

Thanks jack, my Dad is a great guy! And yea, no doubt on the children thing!

I jus read the story on crimelibrary and one of the interesting tidbits was that Claudine spent the night of the killing at......

JOHN AND ANNIE DENVER'S HOUSE!

Talk about strange.
    6 degrees of Claudine Longet LOL !!!!

6 degrees of Claudine Longet LOL !!!!
    LOL!!

Thanks for that one Lisa,I remember it well.I remember that the newspapers at the time said the she and Andy were splitting time sharing the kids.I always thought that he hoped that they would reconcile one day and they tried to put the "privacy aspect" spin on the case,but to no avail. I think the newspapers also made public that the Aspen police were not qualified to handle such a case, and as such,they bobbled it by mis handeling evidence. Her defense tried to "paint " her as being "Pure" and innocent. In the end,she walked with a slap on the wrist,as they say, "Money Talks"

On Saturday night live,,someone was sitting on a tuffet and John Belushi read this poem while a video of a skier ran in the back ground.
    It went something like this.

there was once a girl names clauday
    who was having a bad day
    along came spider
    he sat down beside her
    and she blew the sonof a bitch away.

There was a real scream fest over the sob word and plus making fun of HER. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Thanks for that one Lisa,I remember it well.I remember that the newspapers at the time said the she and Andy were splitting time sharing the kids.I always thought that he hoped that they would reconcile one day and they tried to put the "privacy aspect" spin on the case,but to no avail. I think the newspapers also made public that the Aspen police were not qualified to handle such a case, and as such,they bobbled it by mis handeling evidence. Her defense tried to "paint " her as being "Pure" and innocent. In the end,she walked with a slap on the wrist,as they say, "Money Talks"
    Oh yea. I think it's too bad that they could have not gotten back together for the kids. Ah well, I guess she just wanted to be out there and running around. I also wonder what happened to the kids? Looks like the youngest was born in 1969 and the oldest I think in 1963 or 1964.

The Aspen Police yea. WOW. They took a blood sample without proper procedure and confistcated her diary without a warrent.

In the end, yea she got away with it. Money does talk.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    On Saturday night live,,someone was sitting on a tuffet and John Belushi read this poem while a video of a skier ran in the back ground.
    It went something like this.

there was once a girl names clauday
    who was having a bad day
    along came spider
    he sat down beside her
    and she blew the sonof a bitch away.

There was a real scream fest over the sob word and plus making fun of HER. LOL
    SNL also did a skit called "The Claudine Longet Skiing Invitational" where they showed various downhill skiers competing and gunshot would ring out and the skier would fall. Then Chevy would say something like "I think she accidently dropped her gun" or "I think she was cleaning her gun that time".

I checked youtube but couldn't find the clip. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    SNL also did a skit called "The Claudine Longet Skiing Invitational" where they showed various downhill skiers competing and gunshot would ring out and the skier would fall. Then Chevy would say something like "I think she accidently dropped her gun" or "I think she was cleaning her gun that time".

I checked youtube but couldn't find the clip. Funny stuff.
    I'm glad to hear SNL made fun of this ridiculous trial. I never heard of it til a show came on Court TV about it; the verdict was definitely mockable.

She should hook up with OJ. They'd make a great pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    She should hook up with OJ. They'd make a great pair.
    Maybe she should hook up with Christie. j/k

You don't mess with friggin Dave Coulier click here to mess

Oooh, yes, this case. I agree with previous posters, it was extremely shocking.....and boy has she kept under the radar ever since. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get a photo, or do they just leave her alone? I would also like to download some of her whispery old tunes ("Bleu, bleu, l'amour est bleu"), but nothing on ITunes.

She was beautiful as can be, her tits were fine. I wonder how she and Andy got together? And whatever became of Christian, Noelle and.....I wanna say they named the third after Bobby Kennedy?

Ah, twas not so long ago that there could be real mystery surrounding a celebrity case....

I remember this, I first read it on Crime Library.....

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Oooh, yes, this case. I agree with previous posters, it was extremely shocking.....and boy has she kept under the radar ever since. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to get a photo, or do they just leave her alone? I would also like to download some of her whispery old tunes ("Bleu, bleu, l'amour est bleu"), but nothing on ITunes.

She was beautiful as can be, her tits were fine. I wonder how she and Andy got together? And whatever became of Christian, Noelle and.....I wanna say they named the third after Bobby Kennedy?

Ah, twas not so long ago that there could be real mystery surrounding a celebrity case....
    On City Confidential, they said she met Andy after a show when her car wouldn't start and she was stranded. He offered to help and the rest was history.

The only mystery to me is how she got off. I would have fried her based on her excuse for shooting him alone! I mean, c'mon.....he's about to get in the shower to go on a date with another woman when he suddenly decides to give her lessons in how to use a gun. Bang, you're dead. It goes off "accidentally"...after she attempted TWICE to fire it. Right there in the bathroom...before his date. Sure. *insert eyeball roll here* And um...burning one of her diaries in the fireplace as the guy is laying dead in the bathroom. Hmmmm.....that's normal.

There was such a stink made about the SNL skit, that they made them cite a disclaimer the following week. Skit WAS funny, tho'.

The skit....sigh.....I know we talk a lot of shit on this thread but....that really was cruel to everyone involved. I hate that show anyway, overrated--nyah.

On City Confidential, they said she met Andy after a show when her car wouldn't start and she was stranded. He offered to help and the rest was history.

The only mystery to me is how she got off. I would have fried her based on her excuse for shooting him alone! I mean, c'mon.....he's about to get in the shower to go on a date with another woman when he suddenly decides to give her lessons in how to use a gun. Bang, you're dead. It goes off "accidentally"...after she attempted TWICE to fire it. Right there in the bathroom...before his date. Sure. *insert eyeball roll here* And um...burning one of her diaries in the fireplace as the guy is laying dead in the bathroom. Hmmmm.....that's normal.
    I try to imagine how something like that goes down. what I picture is a confrontation....hysterics, histrionics, dramatic waving of gun, and--.

Oh yea. I think it's too bad that they could have not gotten back together for the kids. Ah well, I guess she just wanted to be out there and running around. I also wonder what happened to the kids? Looks like the youngest was born in 1969 and the oldest I think in 1963 or 1964.

The Aspen Police yea. WOW. They took a blood sample without proper procedure and confistcated her diary without a warrent.

In the end, yea she got away with it. Money does talk.
    hmmm...memories of another major Colorado police fuck-up...Boulder cops anyone? Or should I say Keystone?

She has a madness in her eyes especially seen in the 'Silent Night" clip! I also saw the City Confidential Episode on Crime Channel is Australia!

RaRaRomona said:

"Isn't it interesting that some women live this way: taking men whether they are available or not. It's a sad commentary how the willpower of some men but still, how strange that some women have that power, to just do this repeatedly."

The power and the complete lack of conscience! But I guess if you're willing to shoot your lover then lie about what happened, taking another woman's man is a minor moral infraction by comparison.

I remember seeing this on t.v. fairly recently, and was agast that she both got away with it then took off with her defense attorney. Sheesh. Thank you for the info!
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 01-18-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: wrong quote

hmmm...memories of another major Colorado police fuck-up...Boulder cops anyone? Or should I say Keystone?
    Not only that! You have the celebrity factor. Andy Williams is at the trial. Jack Nicholson shows up and sits directly behind her in the courtroom. Remember when the Kennedy-Smith kid was on trial for rape? All the Kennedy's filed in the courtroom. I don't know what it is with non-celebrity justice, but it disgusts me. A celebrity walks in and justice jumps out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    There was such a stink made about the SNL skit, that they made them cite a disclaimer the following week. Skit WAS funny, tho'.
    If you can still laugh at - or recall in vivid detail - something that broke you up 30+ years ago I'd definitely call it classic. Can't beat the early SNL cast either.
    I'm not evil - I'm just drawn that way!

She did meet Andy that way, yes. It was in Vegas.

And yea, you are sure right about her guilt. JHC, I can not believe that jury!

Here's the SNL transcript for the Claudine Longet Invitational...

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75rski.phtml

Wow, where'd you find that People cover, MCP? Excellent!

Dominick Dunnne did an episode on this case, as well. Said there was a lot of drinking and drugs going on in that house. Big shocker, Aspen in the '70s. At one point, Claudine and Spider were at a party and she was across the room from him. She thought he wasn't paying enough attention to her, so she lobbed a wine glass at him. Atta girl.

Some men really make women go nutty. I guess she showed him. How sad, though, to live with what you did even so long ago.

Last edited by Dan33185; 12-21-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    oh God yes, she killed him in cold blood, crazy bitch, because he wanted her gone, and she shoots him, and she get off. Andy Williams deserves her, hope they both are haunted forever for what they did, him getting her off, is a bad as if he helped her pull the trigger.
    well she was the mother of his kids. What was he supposed to do tell these 3 kids under the age of ten that their mother was a murdering bitch? He didn't get her off she got herself off with the bugnling police department. Had they used warrants and handled evidence properly she may still be sitting in a cell.