Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Celluloid Blasphemy- Don't remake these movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    And they are planning to cast Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy Krueger.

Lord help us...

Are they running out of ideas? Why more remakes? I thought they were going to leave this one alone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though since Halloween was remade and all.
    When are they making this movie? I hope they change their minds. I can't see Billy Bob as Freddy. The first was was great and scary, the sequels were not so great.

I hope they don't remake Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! That is one of my all time favs and that movie should never be remade, it's a classic!!
    No one can replace Tim Curry ever!!!!!!!

Well, I really hate to say this...but, the originals were all cheesy as hell. They do have the whole.."80s horror" going for them. They milked it for all it was worth(which wasn't much, mind you). I figure, the hollywood "dudes" are going to sequel and remake all the 80s horror movies. To reach a younger audience, I suppose. That younger audience, for the most part, wears too much eyeliner and listens to Fall Out Boy...what the hell do they know, or care if the movie is remade worth a crap. No offense to anyone, by the way...don't mind me..I ate too many allergy pills this morning :O
    Count on it, pee-drinking crap face!

Who comes up with these stupid ideAS. They always ruin the idea and concept when they remake these films. They ruin the munsters, beverly hillbillies, they destroyed the flintstones , godzilla, and Planet of the Apes. Cant someone at the movie offices see a pattern here .... jesus people, give the remakes a rest and come up with your own ideas

Man I remember back in the day when I was just a wee lad sitting in the theater opening night of the first one We thought it was gonna be really bad but were pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be an awesome movie. Just scary and everything that a horror movie should have been.
    I am glad they are remaking it I am interested to see what they do with it. I wouldnt have thought of BBT as freddy but it may work..so we will see.

ACK! Hollywood is totally out of ideas. But I agree that a lot of the younger audience doesn't care.

Take the Romero movies, for instance. Dawn of the Dead was a *decent* remake, except for the running zombies. But audiences today can't be satisfied with the slower zombies, even though they are way more frightening. They just keep coming after you-they'll never stop, even if it takes them 5 days to get to you, they'll find you. Sure, they don't have the "booga-booga" factor that a fast zombie jumping out at you does, but they have a psychological terror. The camera is able to linger on them, and you see the scariness and sadness that they're no longer human, you know? With the new DotD, I read somewhere they couldn't focus in on the zombies for too long, because they were so fast they'd be mistaken for live people.

Damn kids and their need to have terror spoon-fed to them!!!!!

And I'm sorry, but I can't watch Billy Bob Thornton without hearing Carl from Slingblade. Will his version of Freddy Krueger have a lawnmower blade instead of a glove with knives??? "I aim to kill you teenagers with it".

They're remaking everything these days, aren't they? I for one, am getting fed up with the lack of originality.

Went to see Rob Zombie's Halloween recently and what a load of toss that was - specifically, the scene with young Michael and the nurse...it's an insult to the intelligence of the audience to suggest that a) you would allow a highly dangerous psych. patient to eat with metal cutlery for all kinds of reasons and b) that a nurse would turn her back to read on said patient whilst he is possession of metal cutlery!

Coincidentally, I was watching the first Elm Street movie with my teenager last night..like many teenagers she loves horror movies. Like someone said, they are cheesy but definitely have a certain charm..and the young Johnny Depp, utterly gorgeous (as always!)

My teenager watched The Exorcist the other night (they better not dare to remake that!) and she said that she couldn't understand why I was so completely and utterly terrified and shaken after seeing this movie at the very same age she is now..teenagers these days...
    TINNNAAAA!!!! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    And I'm sorry, but I can't watch Billy Bob Thornton without hearing Carl from Slingblade. Will his version of Freddy Krueger have a lawnmower blade instead of a glove with knives??? "I aim to kill you teenagers with it".
    Let's not forget the MmmmmHmmm at the end! I agree just can't see them remaking it and of all people Billy Bob Thornton?? "You kids want some french fried taters before I kill you wit em?"
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

I hate it when they remake movies. Mainly because the younger generation only knows of the remake, and not the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Let's not forget the MmmmmHmmm at the end! I agree just can't see them remaking it and of all people Billy Bob Thornton?? "You kids want some french fried taters before I kill you wit em?"
    Ha that made me giggle

Billy Bob is creepy enough...He wouldn't even need makeup or to talk...

No Robert Englund=No Freddy Krueger
    "The whole world is about three drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    I agree!! Robert Englund OWNS that role!!

"If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."
    ~Marilyn Monroe

LOL! That would be priceless!

I mean, Robert Englund is still acting. He JUST did that Jenna Jameson movie "Zombie Strippers". And under all the makeup, you wouldn't be able to tell how old he is, if that's an issue. So why not use him? Unless, of course, he read the script and declared it to be a steaming pile of poo.

LOL! That would be priceless!

I mean, Robert Englund is still acting. He JUST did that Jenna Jameson movie "Zombie Strippers". And under all the makeup, you wouldn't be able to tell how old he is, if that's an issue. So why not use him? Unless, of course, he read the script and declared it to be a steaming pile of poo.

Actually, Robert Englund supposedly said that he thought Thornton would be great for the role:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/200808...m-c60bd6d.html

Maybe he was just trying to be nice

Probably was. LOL!

I truly hope they don't end up going for this. They need to stop ruining everything that was ever good. This was one of my favorites growing up as well, Thorton… B!tch please!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
    Amen - I was fairly young when I saw the first one; scared the living SHIT out me - Leave it alone!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

Actually, Robert Englund supposedly said that he thought Thornton would be great for the role:

The only way Thornton would be great would be if he's playing the same character as in Sling Blade... MMMMM Hmmmm... (Just because I'd laugh my a$$ off)
    "The whole world is about three drinks behind.” -Humphrey Bogart

Face it, folks...Hollywood has, for much of its history, been a very insular community of creative types (writers, directors, actors, etc.)...and now, it's an insular community of mainly talentless hacks who haven't had a new idea in DECADES...and when someone new DOES get into the talent pool, it's someone who was raised on what used to be the new, cool, inovative stuff...so they pitch the same stuff again, with a few slight twists, and the old talent pool thinks 'Well, it worked before...' and so we end up with crapgasms like remakes of 'Halloween' and 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' and, yes, RHPS...I've even heard they're redoing 'Friday the 13th'

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr_Sk_to_Tll View Post

Face it, folks...Hollywood has, for much of its history, been a very insular community of creative types (writers, directors, actors, etc.)...and now, it's an insular community of mainly talentless hacks who haven't had a new idea in DECADES...and when someone new DOES get into the talent pool, it's someone who was raised on what used to be the new, cool, inovative stuff...so they pitch the same stuff again, with a few slight twists, and the old talent pool thinks 'Well, it worked before...' and so we end up with crapgasms like remakes of 'Halloween' and 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' and, yes, RHPS...I've even heard they're redoing 'Friday the 13th'

Yep. Me too. I give up.

what--- geesh-- hollywood morons---

One question, why??, and its not going to have Robert Englund either, sheesh, sounds like a box office failure already.

Freddy V Jason was crap as well.
    Adopt a greyhound, they make great pets xxxx

I have to agree. You watch even a medium grade type film from the 30s or 40s, heck, even the 50s, and the dialog is just so damn good, it just blows away the crap today. Of course, I've also heard that the pressure on the writing teams was so high then, they all drank themselves to death by their 40s and had little financially to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamrock Princess View Post
    One question, why??, and its not going to have Robert Englund either, sheesh, sounds like a box office failure already.

Freddy V Jason was crap as well.

I actually kinda like Freddy Vs. Jason...It was not to bad

Most remakes suck and go right to DVD

Must they remake my entire childhood? Anyone want to start taking bets on how long before they remake Friday the 13th?
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

When they remake the Captain Kangaroo I am going to jump in a pot of boiling oil...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't take it anymore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I have to agree. You watch even a medium grade type film from the 30s or 40s, heck, even the 50s, and the dialog is just so damn good, it just blows away the crap today. Of course, I've also heard that the pressure on the writing teams was so high then, they all drank themselves to death by their 40s and had little financially to show for it.
    Part of that could also be that movies (and television, too) are less talk, more action...more explosions, more sex (not that there's necessarily a lot wrong with that, in the right company and the right hour)...less literature is being filmed, or at least less of it is being filmed well (one more remake of Jane Austen that sexes things up and I SWEAR I'm taking the screenwriters down with me)...
    Ah, for the days of good, solid, original ideas in film, theatre, television...I even miss good movie soundtracks...

I love the cheesy horror movies from the 80's and I've never been a fan of remakes but I am a big fan of trainwrecks so I will see the movie and cringe in disgust when Billy Bob makes his appearance on screen.
    Don't forget to start your day with a nutritious breakfast!

Oh god no! it'll be...(pardon my french)..SHITE!!!! can't they think of anything NEW in Hollywood these days, or are they all too busy making themselves throw up and getting sprayed bright orange to actually WRITE something?!!?!?

I heard something the other day about a remake of "Footloose" with that annoying little brat from High School Musical, playing Kevin Bacon's role as Ren...and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!".....how dare they even consider it!

Awful.
    Inside me, there's a skinny woman fighting to get out....but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Oh god no! it'll be...(pardon my french)..SHITE!!!! can't they think of anything NEW in Hollywood these days, or are they all too busy making themselves throw up and getting sprayed bright orange to actually WRITE something?!!?!?

I heard something the other day about a remake of "Footloose" with that annoying little brat from High School Musical, playing Kevin Bacon's role as Ren...and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!".....how dare they even consider it!

Awful.
    So, current remakes I personally have heard about...

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Footloose (yep...that one's been in talks for a little bit now)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Friday the 13th
    Grease (Aw SHIT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
    The Neverending Story
    Splendor in the Grass
    Rebel Without a Cause (apparently also with High School Musical whiny boy)
    and finally, oh GOD no, how could they even think of remaking
    GONE WITH THE WIND!

Friday the 13th
    The Neverending Story
    Splendor in the Grass
    GONE WITH THE WIND!
    Gone With The Wind???...... I hope you kidding. OMG

Friday the 13th
    The Neverending Story
    Splendor in the Grass
    GONE WITH THE WIND!

I'm sitting here shuddering in horror at the idea of most of these...Particularly Grease and Rebel....no-one could possibly play Jim Stark except JAMES DEAN....I hope Jimmy comes down to haunt the people that had this insane idea!!
    Last edited by Snudgie; 08-14-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Inside me, there's a skinny woman fighting to get out....but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate

I read in one of the rags they WERE planning a re-make of All About Eve with Meg Ryan in the lead and Lindsay Lohan as Eve. I know!! Anyway, apparently it's a no-go at this point.

I wish I was kidding, but I've heard this one is in the pipe...haven't heard any names...

Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    I'm sitting here shuddering in horror at the idea of most of these...Particularly Grease and Rebel....no-one could possibly play Jim Stark except JAMES DEAN....I hope Jimmy comes down to haunt the people that had this insane idea!!
    I'm right there with ya on that one...I've never been one to wish a lot of bad stuff on people, but I think a haunting by Jimmy is the least these folks should fear.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaDeathHag View Post
    I read in one of the rags they WERE planning a re-make of All About Eve with Meg Ryan in the lead and Lindsay Lohan as Eve. I know!! Anyway, apparently it's a no-go at this point.
    OMG, better be a no-go...geez, screw it up WORSE Hollywood, why don't'cha?

I cant believe they are thinking of doing a remake of this.................

I had the pleasure of meeting Robert England when I was a kid, during the height of the Nightmare series. I was a huge fan, and I was stoked that not only did I get to meet him, but he was every bit as cool and creepy that I thought he would be. Billy-Bob could not hold a flame to his performance. Who ever came up with the idea of remaking this is just pissing the studio’s money away. Someone should form a “boycott the film remakes” group.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamrock Princess View Post

I cant believe they are thinking of doing a remake of this.................

GREASE?! They better not!

We've already had THE MUSICAL here - opened in March and closed less than two months later. It was a massive flop - not helped by a FOUR HOUR running time, risible dialogue and most insultingly of all, I think, an attempt to go all PC by having Prissy decide she doesn't want to be a slave anymore and be a schoolteacher. All well and good, but those kind of opportunities weren't available for the black community in the deep south until decades later. It's an insult to Afro-Americans to suggest it was all lovely and wonderful for them then.
    TINNNAAAA!!!! BRING ME THE AXE!!!!

A social group has started for discussion of bad remakes and how to stop/avoid them...
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/group.php?groupid=51

A social group has started for discussion of bad remakes and how to stop/avoid them...

Likewise

Been lurking around in here for some time so this is my first post. I too am a huge fan of "Nightmare" and Robert England and the mere idea of Billy Bob playing the great and powerful Freddie just makes my skin crawl. All I can see when his name is mentioned is that horrid sex scene in "Monsters' Ball". That is one man who needs to keep his clothes on!! Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

I'd hit it.

PFffft... Hahaa!! ROFL!! That is definitely one role he got himself stuck in.

Quote Originally Posted by smooches27 View Post
    I agree!! Robert Englund OWNS that role!!
    True. I gave Halloween a chance and it turned out to be a freakin remake of the original which was NOT what I wanted to see. I did like the new Michael Myers, he was hot.

That's cuz Billy Bob won't need all the make-up.

As long as they don't touch Hellraiser... NO one else can be Pinhead.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 08-13-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    As long as they don't touch Hellraiser... NO one else can be Pinhead.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraiser

Notice, they're already working on that one...I think there's info on it at Clive Barker's official site too

http://www.clivebarker.info/news.html

I totally just joined that group.

I'm in. I hate a remake. There are some decent ones, but it was almost always done better the FIRST time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraiser

Notice, they're already working on that one...I think there's info on it at Clive Barker's official site too

http://www.clivebarker.info/news.html

Blasphemy.