Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Celluloid Blasphemy- Don't remake these movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr_Sk_to_Tll View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraiser

Notice, they're already working on that one...I think there's info on it at Clive Barker's official site too

http://www.clivebarker.info/news.html
    Rrrrr, I suppose I should have guessed that... lol.
    ♥♥♥

I'm pretty appalled at both the remaking -and- the casting choice.

The only thing Billy Bob has going for him is the angle that Nightmare had about Krueger being a pedo. BB definitely looks like someone you wouldn't want to leave your children with.

I think I'm more upset by this than Friday the 13th... I was always more of a Freddy fan.

Just...ugh.

Yuck, I didn't even like the first one. That was one series of movies I just couldn't get into. I was more of a Friday the 13th kinda girl.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

The first one is just fine. Wes Craven created the perfect atmosphere of eerie and tense. Anything new will probably be too slick and overproduced and full of jumpy scenes and closeups of the "pretty" stars used to heave forth the abomination.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Maybe, I missed this as usual...but is Wes Craven directing this film?

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    And they are planning to cast Billy Bob Thornton as Freddy Krueger.

Lord help us...

Are they running out of ideas? Why more remakes? I thought they were going to leave this one alone. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though since Halloween was remade and all.

is johnny depp going to be in it? if not, i won't waste my time.
    [SIZE=3]Erin[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    is johnny depp going to be in it? if not, i won't waste my time.

I don't think so. If they put him in it, I think that's just about the only reason I would even think about seeing it.
    He's yummy

Billy Bob would be an horrible choice for the new Freddie. IMO, Robert Englund is the only man acceptable as Freddie Krueger.

Its quite apparent that HollyWood is fast becoming one big joke. They have no ideas of their own, so they decide to butcher the classics. Well wil they learn "if it aint broke, dont fix it"!

Guest Guest
    I heard that it was just a rumor and that they haven't begun to cast this farce of a movie...... It was on the Insider last night that Billy Bob wasn't going to play Freddy

Eric Stoltz might be an interesting Freddie Krueger...

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Must they remake my entire childhood? Anyone want to start taking bets on how long before they remake Friday the 13th?
    It's already in post-production, sweetie (release date Feb. 2009)! Directed by that hack (Marcus Nispel) that did the remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

<<ducks>> Don't shoot me I'm only the messenger !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    It's already in post-production, sweetie (release date Feb. 2009)! Directed by that hack (Marcus Nispel) that did the remake of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

<<ducks>> Don't shoot me I'm only the messenger !!!
    So is it legal to utilize the stem cells from this abortion?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Freddy scared the crap out of me when i was younger, I still wont watch those movies by myself. I hope they don't have billy bob do that i think he'll ruin it totally,the remake will probably be like a comedy knowing them trying to make freddy retarded or something who knows.

Yeah, Platinum Dunes/Michael Bay can totally go get fucked.

The butchered my favourite movie (TCM, with that bastardisation of the remake), AND they're going to butcher both this and Friday the 13th.

Can somebody stop them? :|

They want to remake Jaws *shakes head* Sorry but I for one am not happy with this!

Oh nonononono!!! "Jaws" is my all-time fave movie. They can't touch that one. My hubby said it might be kind of neat if they did, what with all the new technology they have. IF I remember correctly, he slept on the couch that night.

My second post, yea me! Hello to one and all.

The Three Stooges: 02/19/09 - Stand in Stooge to Replace Shemp

Reuters Peter Farrelly (R) and his brother Bobby, co-directors of the film 'The Heartbreak Kid', arrive at the
    LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) The Three Stooges may have finally found their way back home.
    MGM, which showcased the comedy trio in shorts and features as early as 1933, is in the process of acquiring the film rights to the Stooges from Warner Bros., which has been developing a feature project for years.
    Filmmakers Peter Farrelly and Bobby Farrelly, most recently in theaters with a remake of "The Heartbreak Kid," are attached to direct the project from their own script. MGM hopes to release the film next November.
    "The Three Stooges are a timeless staple of comedy," said Mary Parent, chairman of MGM's worldwide motion picture group. "And when we heard what the Farrellys had in mind, we knew it was time for Larry, Moe and Curly to return to the big screen."
    The Farrellys' screenplay -- described by the filmmakers as "slapstick with heart" -- breaks the feature into four 20-minute shorts, in an approximation of the vaudeville and slapstick pioneers' most common format in the 1920s and '30s. The first episode establishes the bruising, boisterous brothers as 7-year-old castoffs who terrorize the nun-run orphanage that takes them in. Eventually forced to leave, Moe (the hostile leader), Larry (the jokey sidekick) and Curly (the childlike dimwit) try to find a place for themselves in a modern world.
    No one is yet attached to star, but over the years thinking has run from unknowns to A-listers such as Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson. Gibson is a Stooges expert who executive-produced an ABC TV movie about the Three Stooges in 2000.
    Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

This makes me VERY EXCITED!!! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081104/film_nm/us_stooges

If it's done right it could be great. I really did enjoy the movie about The Stooges, when almost everyone I knew thought it stunk. It will be interesting to follow this and see how it plays out. Not sure how the Three Stooges kind of comedy will play out set in the modern world though.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

NOOOOOO!!!! Dammit, leave classics alone !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    I second that motion. Don't Do It!!!!!!

oh great. i hate the stooges. maybe i'll like a remake...lol

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

I hate the stooges too. they suck.
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

I love the Stooges!! I remember watching them with my dad when I was little. I don't know many women who like them, but I'm happy to admit that I do. Watching The Three Stooges was a way for me to be closer to my dad, so I think of them fondly.

I have mixed feelings about them remaking the Stooges. Some things are just better off left alone.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

I love the Stooges but I am wary of remaking any of their stuff...remakes are usually crappy like John Trim said IF it's done right it will be great but that is a huge IF in my opinion....I liked the movie about them but it was kinda sad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Star84 View Post
    I hate the stooges too. they suck.
    I swear...

hhhmmm has potential to be good, I kinda hate when they mess with classics tho....

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I swear...

........the Stooges fucking RAWK !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    ........the Stooges fucking RAWK !!!!!!!!
    DAMN straight sugar...

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    I second that motion. Don't Do It!!!!!!
    It will be bad...Todays Hollywood lacks any kind of creativity of the golden age of Hollywood!

I love the Stooges, but I'll give the Farrelly brothers a chance. After all, "Dumb and Dumber" is right behind "All About Eve" on my top three favorite movie list.

Horror Movies that shouldnt be remade

hey Everyone! I thought I would give this a try. I have been hearing about movies that were made in the 80s that are going to be remade. WHY? They were awesome (in my opinon) when they came out, hence they are called classics.

Here are a few:

Polterguiest
    Friday the 13th
    Nightmare on Elm Street

let me know if you guys know anymore movies being remade that In Your opinion shouldnt be remade!!!

Basketcase
    Sleepaway Camp

NO!!! They are remaking it?!?!?! Ugh, how aweful! I have the whole sleepaway camp 4pack.

Nothing should be remade. All remakes are dumb as heck! The "brains" in Hollywood these days couldn't think of a new horror movie if their lives depended on it! *off soapbox*

Halloween...that really pissed me off when they remade it. I havent watched it and dont want to.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Amityville Horror got remade too, but I liked that one. For some reason I really like Ryan Reynolds. lol
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by bit_evil1 View Post
    Halloween...that really pissed me off when they remade it. I havent watched it and dont want to.
    It's actually not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    It's actually not bad.
    The Rob Zombie version?

IMO, no movie should be remade. Once is enough. Hollywood has lost imagination.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan.

RIP DADDY 1/17/1925 - 5/26/2011
    RIP Momma 4/12/1930-5/13/2014

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    The Rob Zombie version?
    That's the only remake I know

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    That's the only remake I know

Wasn't sure if there were any other versions. I can't keep up with all the new versions and sequels that come out anymore.

This was one of the few movies I see at the theater. I thought it was pretty good. Way more gore. Although, I liked the original way better.

Yay!!! You guys rock!

I think that Hollywood isnt doing horror movies anymore, now its all gross shock stuff. Like hostel. I cant watch most of that movie! I can take gore, but overkill is too much.

As for the Halloween remake, I didnt care for it at all. I thought the original was fantastic. Amityville was bad, but I cant be mad at Ryan Reynolds. man makes me smile...:P

Remake of The Crow

Yes, that Crow, the one Brandon Lee died making. Why? Greed. That movie is a part of Brandon Lee's legacy and IMHFO, it should not be remade.

Article: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/...oyas-the-crow/

If you don't agree with remaking The Crow, please sign this petition, which was started by my bff Sam of the Brandon Lee Movement: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sto...-being-re-made
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

That's so stupid to remake the Crow! UGH. I'll sign that petition Cindy.

I'll sign it, too! WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

I will happily sign it!

Good god is originality and creativity dead? We will soon be seeing a remake of Dumb and Dumber and Sisterhood of the Travelling Pantaloons. Pointless. Inane.
    Burn Hollywood Burn!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6MlwT1lBk0

Thanks, everyone! I can't tell you how much it means.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

=)
    Signed it!
    The idea of a remake is just -it truly is an insult to everyone who love the film or worked on the film(etc)