Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Celluloid Blasphemy- Don't remake these movies!

Freaking stupid. I just signed it!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

There is actually more tothe story than the Brandon Lee tale. In the back story the authors girlfriend died of an overdose he Mike O'Barr set it asside a few years before completing it. The read is very strange because the distinct shift in styles from first half to second. I may have to reread it now that my nephew has barrowed my Darknight & Watchmen.

I'm in, too. To remake "The Crow" would be an exercise in fultility; you will never improve on the original.

How asinine. Next thing you know they will rewrite the book. Morons!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    There is actually more tothe story than the Brandon Lee tale. In the back story the authors girlfriend died of an overdose he Mike O'Barr set it asside a few years before completing it. The read is very strange because the distinct shift in styles from first half to second. I may have to reread it now that my nephew has barrowed my Darknight & Watchmen.
    Excuse me, but it's James O'Barr, and his girlfriend died when a vehicle ran her on the street.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

Signed it. I'm sick and tired of Hollywood taking great movies and remaking them they way "they" think the movies "should" be made. I really don't care how much techinology has changed and how much they can do with CGI. I don't want to see "JAWS" brought into the 21st century and I have a feeling they'll hit that one next.
    Aaahhhh! Springtime in southern Nevada!

Done honey...I feel the same way about the Rocky Horror remake...Stupidity and a lack of an original idea...Goodness knows we don't want the beautiful people of Hollyweird to go without their designer clothes, expensive cars, and lush mansions...HEAVEN FORBID!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Excuse me, but it's James O'Barr, and his girlfriend died when a vehicle ran her on the street.
    You tell em Cindy!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Yes, that Crow, the one Brandon Lee died making. Why? Greed. That movie is a part of Brandon Lee's legacy and IMHFO, it should not be remade.

Article: http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/...oyas-the-crow/

If you don't agree with remaking The Crow, please sign this petition, which was started by my bff Sam of the Brandon Lee Movement: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sto...-being-re-made

HOLY CHIT......gladly signed it Cin

OF COURSE I signed this. You know I love Brandon Lee. It would be so wrong to re-make The Crow. Thank you CindyT, you've been such a wonderful guardian of Brandon's memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    OF COURSE I signed this. You know I love Brandon Lee. It would be so wrong to re-make The Crow. Thank you CindyT, you've been such a wonderful guardian of Brandon's memory.
    Ditto,Word for Word. (sorry to stowaway on your quote but it was too perfect)
    Last edited by soonerpimp; 12-16-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerpimp View Post
    Ditto,Word for Word. (sorry to stowaway on your quote but it was too perfect)
    Ohhh! Thank you for the eye candy! Stowaway anytime! xoox

Done!

You guys are fab!
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

I put in the comments why it shouldn`t be done simply TRAVESTY

I signed it girl. I can understand YOU being upset about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I signed it girl. I can understand YOU being upset about it!
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Todays hollywood sucks for the most part...they will ruin it!! Why can't they leave fucking classic movies alone...

Why mess with perfection?
    I LOVE that movie, I dont know how they could make it better? Unless they arent telling us about the Brandon Lee clone they recently developed in a laboratory and are planning to use. In that case, I'll take 2!
    Are you a badfish too?

Oh Hell NO! I signed the petition Cindy. Let's get out the picket signs!!!
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Hag O' Death

Quote Originally Posted by CORONERGAL View Post
    Signed it. I'm sick and tired of Hollywood taking great movies and remaking them they way "they" think the movies "should" be made. I really don't care how much techinology has changed and how much they can do with CGI. I don't want to see "JAWS" brought into the 21st century and I have a feeling they'll hit that one next.
    Actually UHM.com was at one time reporting the Jaws remake but no new news has been in for about a year now. Predator, Alice sweet Alice, Rosemary's baby even a rumor that the Exorcist is on Hollywoods remake list. CGI is the new technical God and everyone in Hollywood believes they can bring in more money by spiffing them up with computer effects its pathetic. There seems to be only three types of movies Hollywood is doing right now that are the majority
    Remakes
    Super heroes
    Movies based on video games

And remake of The Crow is just blasphemous thats as stupid as when I read about The Exorcist remake in Fangoria pathetic pathetic pathetic im signing this petition too. Count me in
    Opeth

You gotta be kidding...I would be horrified if they remade it...what are they THINKING????? I"m signing the petition.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Is there no integrity left?! This is very upsetting.

Folks, in just the first 24 hours we had 50 signatures. Sam says that is a strong count for the time period. At 1:23PM USA EST today we had 134! YaY!

Our target is 5,000 signatures.

Thanks to all of you for making an effort to sign the petition, because in doing so you have done something to protect Brandon's legacy, which is all anyone can do...It seems just yesterday that he died and it still breaks my heart that he lost his life, his dreams, and was torn from his beloved fiancee, Eliza Hutton.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-17-2008 at 11:27 AM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

Done and Done :-)

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Just a thought or two. Please don't be upset.
    First of all, good for you for doing a petition. Make your thoughts known, and be strong about them. However, if they want to do the film, they will do it. Their money will win over any opinions, make no mistake.
    I know where you're all coming from, and you want to make a stand, but they will do it anyway if they think there is enough interest from the old and new audiences;
    "EMO kids will love it!" they will say in their CEO meetings.
    I admire and undestand your passion for the film. I really like it too and it's one of the most hauntingly melodramatic films you could ever see, even if you didn't know what happened on set. 'They' aren't really bothered what fans think, and they usually get it wrong.
    Here comes my big fat HOWEVER...
    I'm very excited about the new Alice in Wonderland movie by Tim Burton. Plus, a few years ago, I expected the new Willa Wonka to be terrible and for the most part it was but there were tiny little bits I thought eclipsed the first film. I love Rocky horror but there is no reason why Frank N Furter can't be played as brilliantly, but differently, by another, without taking away from original. It probably won't happen, but there could be that one little bit in a remake that the original didn't have. I understand the upset that remakes cause, along with the feeling that someone's masterpiece has been ruined, whether it's for an actor or director. However, IMO it's like saying no one should ever dare recast Richard the 3rd, on stage or on screen, because Laurence Olivier is dead.
    It's all art; some of it bad art, some of it cheap art, and some of it not art at all, but once it's out there it's out there. Mess with it. Change it. That's not to say there is no place for a new story, and I agree that Hollywood is lazy with remakes and comic book adaptations, and we need another 'American Beauty' or 'Lost in Translation' like CPR right now, but remakes are not intrinsically bad. They may be bad, or good, or neither, but wonderful things live on in being explored and changed and messed with. It doesn't take away from the original. Again, I'm not suggesting that Hollywood is always about art, but sometimes despite itself it throws up a moment you can't forget, and sometimes those things are in 'remakes.'
    Sorry for repeating myself so much , but nothing is sacred in entertainment or in art, I don't think. If it was, it would stop being those things. We shouldn't be closing doors saying 'thats' it, how dare they touch it!'
    Nothing new can hurt the original, or jeopardise it's legacy, but the right to change is important.

Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Just a thought or two. Please don't be upset.
    First of all, good for you for doing a petition. Make your thoughts known, and be strong about them. However, if they want to do the film, they will do it. Their money will win over any opinions, make no mistake.
    I know where you're all coming from, and you want to make a stand, but they will do it anyway if they think there is enough interest from the old and new audiences;
    "EMO kids will love it!" they will say in their CEO meetings.
    I admire and undestand your passion for the film. I really like it too and it's one of the most hauntingly melodramatic films you could ever see, even if you didn't know what happened on set. 'They' aren't really bothered what fans think, and they usually get it wrong.
    Here comes my big fat HOWEVER...
    I'm very excited about the new Alice in Wonderland movie by Tim Burton. Plus, a few years ago, I expected the new Willa Wonka to be terrible and for the most part it was but there were tiny little bits I thought eclipsed the first film. I love Rocky horror but there is no reason why Frank N Furter can't be played as brilliantly, but differently, by another, without taking away from original. It probably won't happen, but there could be that one little bit in a remake that the original didn't have. I understand the upset that remakes cause, along with the feeling that someone's masterpiece has been ruined, whether it's for an actor or director. However, IMO it's like saying no one should ever dare recast Richard the 3rd, on stage or on screen, because Laurence Olivier is dead.
    It's all art; some of it bad art, some of it cheap art, and some of it not art at all, but once it's out there it's out there. Mess with it. Change it. That's not to say there is no place for a new story, and I agree that Hollywood is lazy with remakes and comic book adaptations, and we need another 'American Beauty' or 'Lost in Translation' like CPR right now, but remakes are not intrinsically bad. They may be bad, or good, or neither, but wonderful things live on in being explored and changed and messed with. It doesn't take away from the original. Again, I'm not suggesting that Hollywood is always about art, but sometimes despite itself it throws up a moment you can't forget, and sometimes those things are in 'remakes.'
    Sorry for repeating myself so much , but nothing is sacred in entertainment or in art, I don't think. If it was, it would stop being those things. We shouldn't be closing doors saying 'thats' it, how dare they touch it!'
    Nothing new can hurt the original, or jeopardise it's legacy, but the right to change is important.
    I understand what you're saying, hun. No hard feelings. But we had to do something, even if it's like spitting at a rain storm.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-17-2008 at 02:13 PM.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

That's OK. You said what you wanted to say. That's a very good thing and not something everyone bothers to do anymore when it comes to entertainment.

I'm just throwing this in here. The Best Fan Vid of 2008 picked by Vulture Entertainment.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...1.html#photo=1
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

They are remaking RepoMan.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    They are remaking RepoMan.
    * Molly faints *

I really gotta watch this movie...Yeah, I said it...I haven't seen it...Can you git that? If it ain't got John Wayne, a horse, a gun, Timmy Turner, Spongebob, or Scooby Doo in it...I don't getta watch it...I have got a PILE of movies on my list that I wanna watch and you guessed it...I'm the only one that wants ta watch em...SO, majority rules and I get no tv time...I'm gonna put me a tv and dvd player in the basement and make myself a "GET THE HELL OUT" room...Geez...

I signed it, but I'm just curious. Do online petitions really work?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgothic View Post
    I signed it, but I'm just curious. Do online petitions really work?
    I have no idea. LOL. We have over 5,000 signatures to help get Brandon a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which Sam is going to send to the LA
    Chamber of Commerce.

It's a show of support for a couse and when printed out is the same as any other petition.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

I am in the process of creating a video for youtube titled Remake The Crow--Hell NO!!! I hope my friend Troy will loop the music since I can't hear to do it myself. I will be using some of your post quotes. When it's done I'll post a link.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

I have no idea. LOL. We have over 5,000 signatures to help get Brandon a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which Sam is going to send to the LA
    Chamber of Commerce.

It's a show of support for a couse and when printed out is the same as any other petition.

I thought to get a star all you have to do is pay for it ? Not really anything else, as long as you got the money, that's why so many crappy actors & actresses get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruz83 View Post
    I thought to get a star all you have to do is pay for it ? Not really anything else, as long as you got the money, that's why so many crappy actors & actresses get them.
    Well, you're right. There is an application process, but if you have the bread, I don't know as they would refuse.

But we don't have all the money. Hell, I think we have a grand total of $1,000, and we need $24,000 more. Sheesh. What I failed to explain in my earlier post is that we gathered siggies to send with the application and to send to the Lee family in hoping to engage their support and help us with the financial part. They could provide all of the money and get him his star, but they have no plans to do so Seriously. We have talked with people in the Lee loop. Sam is a journalist for a Reuters newspaper based in Sidney Austrailia. She is currently writing a Brandon Lee bio and has interviewed scores of Brandon's friends and co workers--people who know.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town

The Three Stooges

Are you a Moe?

Maybe a Shemp?

Does Larry even count?

Just how sexy was Curly?

Am I the only one who found Curly's replacements to be irritating?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Are you a Moe?

Maybe a Shemp?

Does Larry even count?

Just how sexy was Curly?

Am I the only one who found Curly's replacements to be irritating?
    No you are not the only one. My Fiance' and his father are big Stooge fans, and they find curly's replacements irritating and a dissapointment, as do I. It was my fiance' who introduced me to the stooges, and I find them hilarious. I sometimes like to impersonate curly, " Yak yak yak" I don't think I spelled it right, but I hope you know what I meant!
    Last edited by monroe27; 12-22-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: wrote sentence wrong

WOOOB WOOOB WOOOB WOOB...I am most DEFINATELY A Curly...I wanted to be Mrs. Curly Howard when I was a little girl...

Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    I sometimes like to impersonate curly, " Yak yak yak" I don't think I spelled it right, but I hope you know what I meant!

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

Accept no substitutes.

Curly did some pretty physical comedy.

How can anyone call Shemp a replacement? He was the original third stooge and Curly was his replacement. Besides, not to take anything away from young Jerome, Shemp was hilarious. Funniest third stooge IMO.

I never called the Shempster a replacement.

Curly Joe was the pitts.

Joe Derita wasn't much either.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAIGHT View Post
    Joe Derita wasn't much either.
    Neither was Joe Besser.

I liked them all as they brought me hours of fun as a kid.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    I liked them all as they brought me hours of fun as a kid.
    Many parents today fnd them too violent.

Would they be OK for your kids to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Neither was Joe Besser.
    Yeah, they were both pretty lame.