Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Celluloid Blasphemy- Don't remake these movies!

The always sunny Tampa Bay area of Florida, USA baby!!
    When I was a little girl back in the 70's, the Stooges used to come on each day after school. My mom did NOT allow me to watch them, she said they were to violent and stupid. I had to sneak over to a friends house to watch them.
    Curly is my favorite. Moe always seemed like an asshole to me... :-)

Ozzy, my boy <3 You were my snuggle buddy and I will forever remember our movie nights and warm glasses of milk.....xoxo, rest in peace my sweet boy....

Always Liked Larry because he seemed so underappreciated
    of the group.
    Just being picked on (by Moe and sometimes Curly) and never
    standing up for himself. I would feel bad for him.

I like Shemp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Many parents today fnd them too violent.

Would they be OK for your kids to watch?
    Yes.........no worse than the video games

Okay aren't they dead?

Would I let MY kids watch...YOU BET YOUR ASS!!! Why would I deny them the Stooges when every dern cartoon on TV is STUPID!!! At least the Stooges are funny...I don't understand why anyone would deny their children their shorts...Not to mention the Little Rascals...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    Would I let MY kids watch...YOU BET YOUR ASS!!! Why would I deny them the Stooges when every dern cartoon on TV is STUPID!!! At least the Stooges are funny...I don't understand why anyone would deny their children their shorts...Not to mention the Little Rascals...
    I agree Howie, I let my kids watch them as well. I watched the Stooges growing up and I don't go around hitting people on the head or twisting their noses, if you have your kids grow up with an understanding that this is tv and it is fake, they will learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by guardmom2008 View Post
    I agree Howie, I let my kids watch them as well. I watched the Stooges growing up and I don't go around hitting people on the head or twisting their noses, if you have your kids grow up with an understanding that this is tv and it is fake, they will learn the difference.
    I DO go around sayin, "Y I OUTTA" all day...I guess they did rub off on me...But no head bashin with metal pans yet...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I DO go around sayin, "Y I OUTTA" all day...I guess they did rub off on me...But no head bashin with metal pans yet...
    lol.. Although at times I would like to hit someone upside the head with a metal pan. JK

Disorder in the Court-Curley Rules

A Classic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxAk3B_zS5k
    Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

I loved the 3 Stogges.
    One day, a kid who lived in the apartment across the hall..jammed his fingers into my eyes.
    Broke all the blood vessels in both eyes, and there was a worry I would lose my eyesight.
    My Mom complained to the network showing the Stooges films in an afterschool block on TV.

Yes- I was responsible for my beloved Stooges to be taken off the tv in our area!
    I feel so...
    GUILTY.
    <Kimba hangs head>

but I can name all the Curlys....
    Last edited by kimba; 12-24-2008 at 01:16 AM.

I'm the only one in this house that appreciates the Three Stooges. I've been trying to teach my nephews how to appreciate the fine comedic talents of Moe, Larry, Shemp and Curly. God Bless 'em.

signed

""It's a mop with a tongue! Can you imagine the dingleberries?" - Mammy

you know, if they really wanted to get to the younger (emo lol) crowd, they could just remaster it and release it into theaters again...why do a new movie? Makes no sense to me.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

DONE!

Garrrhhh, that's so annoying. You know, there are only like a zillion books that would make great films, doesn't anyone in Hollyweird read?

BitEvil has a great idea. I'd love to go see it at IMAX.

I just looked and 'Last House on the Left' has been remade and official stills are up on display.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Nothing should be remade. All remakes are dumb as heck! The "brains" in Hollywood these days couldn't think of a new horror movie if their lives depended on it! *off soapbox*
    That's what I came in here to say!

Quote Originally Posted by KCSunshine View Post
    The Exorcist is as close to perfect as a horror film can be and should definitely never be remade.

and neither should 'Exorcist 2' be remade-the first version of it was bad enough.
    For that matter- The Hills Have Eyes 2(the original)-the dog even has a flashback.

I hated the remake of The Shining. Nobody can outdo Jack Nicholson, so I can't imagine what they were thinking using the wanker from Wings.

LOL - I agree hox! Ex2 was terrible!

I don't think Jaws should ever be remade. It is a classic and I love the '70's feel to it.
    No one could replace Roy Schroder (sp), Richard Dreyfuss or Robert Shaw.

I can't believe their remaking My Bloody Valentine in 3-D, I just saw the preview for it today has anyone one else seen it? I had no idea they were remaking it, I just wish they would stop remaking these horror movies and come up with something original to make.

Titanic

Pearl Harbour

These were truly horrible.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

80's Slasher Films

Does anyone agree that the 80's were the best time for slasher movies? For example My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th, Happy Birthday to Me, Prom Night, etc. I might sound cynical but I don't think movies like these can be made in today's times, maybe it had to do with the era these movies were made in. Does anyone think films like this can be duplicated in these times or is this genre gone forever. What are some of my fellow Deathhags favorite slasher films.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    Does anyone agree that the 80's were the best time for slasher movies? For example My Bloody Valentine, Friday the 13th, Happy Birthday to Me, Prom Night, etc. I might sound cynical but I don't think movies like these can be made in today's times, maybe it had to do with the era these movies were made in. Does anyone think films like this can be duplicated in these times or is this genre gone forever. What are some of my fellow Deathhags favorite slasher films.
    Heck, in the last year alone they have remade Prom Night, April Fools Day and a few others from the 80's that I can't recall off the top of my head right now. I watch those slasher films from the 80's now and think "how dumb", but I loved them then and now.

Hollywood is already remaking Let the right one in, grrrrr

it just came out this year!

Shouldn't have remade [REC] either.

I wish they had left Dawn Of The Dead alone. the remake had it's moments but nothing close to the original.

If they remade Basket Case I'd have to get out the picninc basket and pay the producers a visit!

They were so camp, that's what made them so good

I can't believe their remaking My Bloody Valentine in 3-D, I just saw the preview for it today has anyone one else seen it? I had no idea they were remaking it, I just wish they would stop remaking these horror movies and come up with something original to make.
    Just saw the trailer last night...the remake looks awful.

...however the good news is, the original "My Bloody Valentine" is being re-released on dvd, with the gore sequences cut from the original film to avoid an "X" rating edited back in! So rather than going to see the new remake, I'll be spending my bucks on the dvd of the spruced-up "old" version!

http://www.amazon.com/My-Bloody-Vale...0540043&sr=8-2

70s horror films and 80s slasher films--they can't be remade, they can't be duplicated. The magic was endemic to the times in which they were made, and that time has gone.
    --
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 12-29-2008 at 01:46 AM.

This post has been deleted because the subject has already been posted.
    Last edited by Angel; 01-12-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: To delete.

Guest Guest
    Yep that is one film better left un-remade.

There's already a thread on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    There's already a thread on this...
    Yes, and I started it in Entertainment.
    Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

You can fix anything but a blank page. --Bonnie Hearn Hill

They remake movies all the time where the cast and crew of the original has died.
    I don't see how this is being any different or disrespectful.

And there was a brief TV series based on The Crow movie. Did fans of Brandon Lee try to stop that from happening?

Maybe the remake will be better than the original. The first one was really bad.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert

Karate Kid Remake

NO NO NO NO NO NO Fuck NO!!!!! Why?? Can someone 'Splain WHY they would remake a classic?? Pat Morita is prolly rollin' in his grave!!

Discuss

Jackie Chan eyed for 'Karate Kid' remake

By MIN LEE – 3 hours ago
    HONG KONG (AP) — Mr. Chan may be the new Mr. Miyagi.
    Jackie Chan is in talks with Columbia Pictures to star in a remake of "The Karate Kid," a spokesman for the Hollywood studio said Thursday.
    Steve Elzer, senior vice president for media relations at Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, confirmed the talks in an e-mail to The Associated Press but didn't give further details.
    The plot of the remake will mirror the original, with Chan being eyed to play a mentor who helps a youngster stand up to bullies — a role similar to Pat Morita's Mr. Miyagi in the 1984 film, Hollywood trade publication Variety reported Wednesday.
    The youth will be played by Will Smith's son, Jaden Smith, who starred alongside his father in "The Pursuit of Happyness" and appeared in the Keanu Reeves sci-fi movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still," Variety reported.
    The setting has been changed to Asia from California, with shooting due to start in Beijing this summer, according to Variety.
    The movie will be a co-production with state-run China Film Group, according to Variety, which would allow Columbia to bypass China's annual quota of 20 film imports on a revenue-sharing basis.
    Chan, who juggles careers in Hollywood and Chinese-language film, has been shooting the American film "The Spy Next Door," an action comedy about a Chinese spy working in the U.S. who loses his cover.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...vdkxgD95NIVK80

ETA: Oopsie I put it in the wrong section, TY for moving it
    Last edited by Cubican; 01-15-2009 at 09:31 AM.

You're the best...AROUND.
    Nothing's gonna ever keep you down.

Lame.

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

Why must movie companies rape our childhood? AH!

Why can't they let a dead dog lie???
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Wasn't it enough the first time around??!!??!!??

Stand in Stooge to replace Shemp

Delusion. Life's Best Coping Mechanism
    Check out Floyd's new Band:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHYA5iAAJg8

No you arent the only one who appricates great classic comedy. I love the stooges shorts. I have them all on VHS tapes. I loved them all except for the ones with Joe. He didnt make me laff like Shemp and curly do. I watch them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Cool find! Weird and kinda creepy.
    I love the Stooges!
    I'm not judgmental...I just like to form an opinion early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post

I would let my kids watch them. In fact I do. They replay all of the classic Stooge shorts on Saturdays here. They don't sit and watch for hours on end but they find them funny. I think if done right it could be very good.

My husband and son watch them together every now and then..since my son was young..like seven I think..he used to call them the Three Students..LOL..anyway it didn't hurt him he doesn't go around poking people in the eyes or clocking people in the head..I used to love seeing the two of them sitting together on the floor watching them.
    Zombie kitteh is Hungry!!

I remember in 4th or 5th grade at recess I poked this kid in the eyes with my fingers. He staggered back and kept shaking his head and blinking. I couldn't figure out how I did it wrong,I mean Culry never got hurt. I thought the kid was gonna go blind and I was gonna get into sooooo much trouble.

I can almost envision The Farrelly casting
    Ben Stiller ..as a Moe Type character..if he can harness the rage style delivery like his Dad ..that might be hilarious

Jack Black ....as a Curly type Character..enough said

I havent thought of a possible Larry Type character.
    Larry David used to do Larry Fine on that ABC Show "Fridays"
    back in the early 1980s...but he might be too mature to do that role now

In a way I hope they dont mess with the Classic Stooges Act
    The Stooges and surviving Heirs have gotten ripped off of residules for years now

Three Stooges Remake--WTF???

How Did This Happen Exactly?

Did The Farrelly Brothersspend a weekend freebasing the wrong shit in a Tijuana motel room while casting The Three Stooges movie?! Because I'm trying to wrap all my body parts around this mess and it's still not computing. Control + Alt + Try again. I mean, Sean Penn as Larry, Benicio Del Toro as Moe and Jim Carrey as Curly? It looks like we've got all the ingredients for a big fat bowl of FAIL.

I could kind of see this if it was going to be some kind of dramatic biopic about their lives, but Variety says it's all comedy. The Farrelly Brothers will start shooting this when they finish the soon-to-be epic masterpiece Walter the Farting Dog with the Jonas Brothers. Fuck, the farting dog and two of the Jonas twinks would make more sense as The Three Stooges.

Jim Carrey will leave his fat suit in the car, because he's planning on adding 40 pounds of 100% chunk to his body before filming. He should just follow Kirstie Alley around for a couple of days. Kristie has Bisquick batter coming out of her shower head. He'd be Fat Fuck Jim in no time.
    Does Sean even have the funny in his system anymore? I think the coke particles desecrated that shit a while ago.

I hope that in the new version, Moe is just getting back from a decade long sabbatical where he somehow magically turned into a Puerto Rican dude with permanent hangover face.
    "So, what, no fuckin' ziti now?"

are you kidding me?? I heard another stupid idea. That Johnny Depp was going to play Moe. WTF?