Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 1386

Thread: Natalie Wood

soooo creeepy!!!!

Courtney Wagner inteviewed about her late mother

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

Yesterday all of a sudden I was thinking about Natalie Wood and just happened to look at the date, and lo and behold it has been 31 years already.....and it hit me reading Courtney Wagner's interview that she was so little when her mother died, how sad Courtney seems.....and her comment about Joan Rivers' tasteless remarks--that woman can be so cruel!!!

never tire of seeing this

I am curious about Natalie supposedly being raped by a 'famous star' when she was young. I am reading Mr. S by George Jacobs, Frank Sinatra's valet. He says that Sinatra and Natalie had an ongoing affair that lasted from when she was 15, up until she married Wagner (which Sinatra encouraged). According to Jacobs, Natalie's mother pushed her daughter to become involved with Frank as he was so big then (after winning his Oscar). I never thought much of Sinatra as a person and now even less since he slept with a teenage Natalie when he was around 40, making him a pedophile in my book!

So I am wondering, if Natalie was sexually active at 15, when did the rape supposedly happen? Not that I doubt she was raped, but if it was after she started an affair with Sinatra, she wasn't a virgin. I just assumed the rape was her first sexual encounter....but maybe it wasn't.
    ~The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth~

~~I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey Bogart's last words

The story is Kirk Douglas raped her when she was a teen.
    Suck it.

They continue to question this death. This made news today:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505270_1...topsy-sources/

(CBS News) The investigation of Natalie Wood's death was reopened more than a year ago -- and now it has taken a serious turn.
    The Los Angeles Coroner's Office is expected to release a new report Monday. Sources tell CBS News the review of the original coroner's report in 1981 raises questions about every major finding that led investigators to originally conclude Natalie Wood's death an accident. Sources say the report concludes that the bruising on the actress' wrists, knees, and ankles could be more consistent with injuries from an assault than they were from struggling to climb back on a boat.
    Wood died on November 28, 1981, when according to her husband, actor Robert Wagner, she fell off their yacht, the 60-foot-long Splendour, possibly while trying to re-tie a dinghy that had been banging against the side of the boat, disturbing her sleep.
    Her body was found hours later floating in the waters off Catalina Island.
    Wood's death was ruled an accidental drowning. But in 2011, Los Angeles Sheriff's detectives re-opened the case after the skipper of the boat, Dennis Davern, co-authored a book in which he gave a very different account of what happened that night. Davern said, "I believe Robert Wagner was with her right up until the moment she was in the water."
    Davern said there was arguing on the yacht, a fight between Wagner and fellow actor Christopher Walken in which a bottle was thrown. Key to his account is that after Wood went to bed, a loud argument -- and sounds of an apparent struggle -- could be heard from her cabin.
    Davern said, "The fighting went back to the back of the boat and then it was quiet."
    Davern also says Wagner waited hours after Wood went missing before calling for help.
    Last year, the Los Angeles Coroner's Office changed the cause of Wood's death from "accident" to "undetermined." It remains to be seen if this new information will lead to criminal charges.
    CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, a former Los Angeles Police Department deputy commissioner, said on "CBS This Morning," the conclusion in the report could be "very significant." He explained, "It shows that the coroner is now going down the same path as the sheriff's homicide investigators, which is they have real questions about the circumstances of Natalie Wood's death or that it should have ever been labeled an accident based on the medical evidence.
    "Now, the sheriff's working with the evidence of the investigation, and so far those haven't come together, but I think what you're going to see is more impetus for the sheriff's homicide investigation to go forward," he said.
    Miller said the new report is not a new autopsy, but an old autopsy with a supplemental report in which the current L.A. County coroner calls into question every finding that ruled Wood's death an accident. He added, "When you take the circumstances as we've now come to learn them, Natalie Wood was, you know, in her night gown in bed. She supposedly goes out to re-tie this dinghy. She can't swim. She's afraid of the dark. She's afraid of the water. It's sounds very unlikely she would have done that, especially if the captain, the skipper, was there and awake, and she could have told him do that."
    Miller said the "million-dollar question" is if the investigators "mailed it in."
    "Was this a thing where you had a big Hollywood star there, people who wanted to avoid bad publicity, and you didn't have a smoking gun murder, and they just, you know, gave it a once-over. But I think the signal we're going to get when this report is released later today (is) that they concluded too fast," Miller said.
    "I think that the overarching suggestion from the observations made in the supplemental are going to be that she was already unconscious in some likelihood when she went into the water, which ... certainly raises the possibility she had some help getting there and when you're unconscious, we call that suspicious."
    To watch Miller's full report and analysis, watch the video in the player above.

2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

It's really too bad this took 30 freaking years. There's probably some cops that should have had their butts in slings over this BEFORE they retired.

You also have to wonder (assuming Wagner/Walken were at fault), how many palms were greased.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

From what I read in the book, Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour, during an argument after a bottle was thrown, Walken didn't want any part of the argument that Natalie and Wagner were having and he went off to bed. Natalie, Wagner and the Captain ended up on deck, then the Captain was told by Wagner to go up to the top deck as he continued to argue with Natalie at the rear of the boat where that dinghy was tied. They all had a lot to drink and things got a bit out of hand.
    "Never lie, steal or cheat...but if you must lie, then lie beside me all the nights of your life. If you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must cheat, then cheat death because I could not imagine a day without you by my side."

I hope someday we will find out what truly happened to Natalie! She is my celebrity doppelganger (My BF swears to god we could be twins lol) and Ive often believed she was a victim of foul play.

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The story is Kirk Douglas raped her when she was a teen.
    That's horrible!

If you fail to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

Natalie Wood's Cause of Death Officially 'Undetermined'

Still, what really happened aboard the yacht, Spelndour, on which Wood was vacationing with husband Robert Wagner and their friend, actor Christopher Walken, has not been determined, beyond what Wagner and Walken have already described.

"How (the) injury occurred will be listed as found floating in ocean,'' the coroner's supplemental report stated. "Circumstances not clearly established.''
    It's a shame the coroner's office couldn't find anything more definitive.

so if there was some kind of foul play and or if Walken or Wagner lied to investigators, does this mean they both could be charged with perhaps tampering with evidence??? Or lying/concealing evidence???
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    From what I read in the book, Goodbye Natalie Goodbye Splendour, during an argument after a bottle was thrown, Walken didn't want any part of the argument that Natalie and Wagner were having and he went off to bed. Natalie, Wagner and the Captain ended up on deck, then the Captain was told by Wagner to go up to the top deck as he continued to argue with Natalie at the rear of the boat where that dinghy was tied. They all had a lot to drink and things got a bit out of hand.
    Since her death, I have always read/heard that Walken went to bed and wanted no part of the fighting, so I have never thought of him as part of this mess. I really have no doubt the Wagner got rough with her IMHO. It's very frustrating when LAPD says "Wagner not a suspect". Who else then? He is the only suspect as far as I'm concerned. But LAPD maybe is not divulging the whole story since it still is an open investigation.
    Cindy

I truly wish that Natalie Wood could be remembered for her wonderful work and life, and not the mysterious way she died.....having said that, I have to admit I want to know what happened on that boat Thanksgiving weekend but really don't think that will ever come to pass.....

How long after her death did he hook up with jill stjohn

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    How long after her death did he hook up with jill stjohn
    From RJ's 2008 book "Pieces Of My Heart" he says they "started going out about six months after Natalie died" (direct quote BTW)

Thanks Elizabeth

News report says Robert Wagner, per his attorney, has refused to be interviewed by investigators. AP article says "Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people, but Wagner has refused and Corina said the actor's representatives have not given any reason for his silence."

http://news.yahoo.com/robert-wagner-...235940521.html

So will he now use dementia as an excuse for not remembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    images(1).jpg More infor about her at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000081/

I am starting to think less and less of Robert Wagner:

http://greatentertainersarchives.blo...o-operate.html

Me thinks he is a murderer.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

She was a beauty. And yes, I think he threw her into the water and let her drown.

Once again we have to talk about the rumor
    that Kirk Douglas raped a young Natalie Wood
    back in the 1950s.

Read about it in a book a few years ago.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    back in the 1950s.

My gosh! That's the first I've heard of it! If that's the case, I wish the old geezer would already kick, because that's horrible. It seems like Natalie went through an awful lot just to be in the business, and I've always thought her death was suspicious...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

back in the 1950s.

I have really lost a lot of respect for Kirk. I started reading about his giant ego around 20 years ago and then this rape rumor. Lately, he has been giving himself credit for breaking the '50's blacklist when he claims he put blacklisted writer Dalton Trumbo's name on the credits for Spartacus. According to Trumbo's family and others who were actually there said it never happened. And they are pretty pissed that he keeps making himself the hero when he really didn't want to put Trumbo's name on the credits. Kirk loves a standing ovation, whether he deserves it or not.

As for Wagner, if he roughed Natalie up before her going into the water, not a damn thing will happen to him. Now with the dementia claim, he will no longer be a reliable witness. Looks like Wagner is another Teflon Don. Nothing will stick to him.
    Cindy

Gerald is covering this tonite at 10pm on Fox.

I haven't seen or read in any of the latest articles, posted here or elsewhere, that Robert Wagner has dementia or anything similar. Just that he doesn't want to be interviewed further about that night, even though the two others on board, plus many dozens of other people have. I do agree that whatever happened that night will never be fully explained.

Natalie was a lovely, beautiful actress, and is missed.

alright so again, what would it matter today? There are a lot of ppl who are arrested for a murder that occurred 40, 60 years ago but would Robert Wagener be charged with maybe lying to police?
    <a href=http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg target=_blank>http://i42.tinypic.com/etsi8j.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    As for Wagner, if he roughed Natalie up before her going into the water, not a damn thing will happen to him. Now with the dementia claim, he will no longer be a reliable witness. Looks like Wagner is another Teflon Don. Nothing will stick to him.
    Me thinks he's about to "suddenly" develop dementia if he is charged with the crime. Now that new evidence is being released, he's starting to look pretty damn suspicious...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

back in the 1950s.

Did Robert Downey Jr. accused Kirk Douglas of rape?
    http://theblemish.com/2012/03/robert...uglas-of-rape/

I, for one have always thought the fight continued after she went to their cabin, and she might have left it in an effort to get away from him. Which takes them to the back of the boat where things got out of hand. I do believe that he pushed her in the water, then he panicked, untied the dingy so that she would have something to hold on to. Maybe he figured she would be picked up by another boat or make it to shore with the dingy. Well, we all know how it turned out. If any of this is even close to the truth, what boggles my mind is how does he justify his actions and why did he not go in after her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I, for one have always thought the fight continued after she went to their cabin, and she might have left it in an effort to get away from him. Which takes them to the back of the boat where things got out of hand. I do believe that he pushed her in the water, then he panicked, untied the dingy so that she would have something to hold on to. Maybe he figured she would be picked up by another boat or make it to shore with the dingy. Well, we all know how it turned out. If any of this is even close to the truth, what boggles my mind is how does he justify his actions and why did he not go in after her.
    This may sound weird, but my very unprofessional opinion is (based somewhat on the fact that I could never stand Wagner, even before this horrible event) that Wagner justifies this by thinking, "Hey, I untied the dingy for her!". He's a jerk who wanted to teach her a lesson, he's seriously pissed off at her, but the lesson backfired. And the heavy drinking didn't help.
    I'm thinking that, in Wagner's head (and enormous ego), any admission of him getting rough with Natalie would be a death sentence to his career/image. I really don't think any of it was intentional (a lot of booze and anger don't mix), but I think he was the reason she ended up in the water. The fact the he wouldn't let the captain call for help is very disturbing in itself.
    Cindy

Never have been/will be a Wagner fan.....from the beginning, RJ has been not forthcoming with any details and even in his book (which I bought discount and only for the Natalie info) he pleads his case that they were all drunk, and that over the years the memory of that weekend has remained fuzzy....

I think nothing new will come of this re-examination of her death, just because of Wagner's reluctance to be truthful and all the years that have passed....

You must be a mind reader ! I was thinking all that when I was typing, but I figured if I put all that in, it would be enough for a magazine article ! LOL. But, I absolutely agree with you on Wagner, he was angry, drunk and pissed with Natalie, so I'll show you. My God, how terrifying that must have been for her, I really hope something comes out of this new investigation and they can nail the bastard to wall.

And yes, his reasons for not letting the captain radio for help is beyond disturbing, it's frightening.

When I was a kid, I could see Catalina Island from my bedroom window. But that was years before Natalie died.

I came across this interesting Wiki page. It's about an actor named Robert La Tourneaux:

"He also gave an interview to a gay magazine naming his famous married closeted bisexual lovers, alleging one of them to have been Academy award-winning actor Christopher Walken. He also accused Walken of having an affair with another married actor, Robert Wagner, on the night of actress Natalie Wood's (Wagner's wife) unexplained death. In 1983, La Tourneaux was arrested for assault after trying to extract money from a client and incarcerated at the Rikers Island prison While in prison, La Torneaux attempted suicide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_La_Tourneaux

Who knows if it's the truth, but it's an interesting read.

I would not doubt it for a minute, it's Hollywood after all ! Robert was in the stage and film versions of The Boys In The Band, which was written by Mart Crowley, who was one of Natalie's closest friends. I'm sure he knows a lot !!

So have Wagner and Walken remained friends after Natalies death?
    I'll get you my pretty..... and your little dog too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Do you recommend the book?

Yes, I have read it, and I found it very interesting to say the least. I think it comes close to telling what went on that weekend, and in Natalie's remaining hours.

Quote Originally Posted by pamlovesrobert View Post
    Do you recommend the book?
    I read it.

Didn't give much info other than what is out there.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

I heard a blurb on the radio today about the National Equirer stating that have coast guard papers which are partially ripped but that you can read clearly on them that she walked in on Walken and Wagner having sex and that this started an argument, etc... I admit I have only skimmed through this thead but hadn't seen this. The radio was acting like it was new but how could it be? They didn't just find this report. So I'm a little confused. Anyway, supposedly NE is going with a shocking headline that this is what happened that day on their newest isssue.

I found this article today about that. If it's true or not that remains to be seen, but I would not be surprised ! I still think Wagner pushed her overboard during their skirmish, but he will never admit it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-drowned.html

Bumping this to see if any fresh news has come in. If that fleabag Wagner drops dead before he is charged with her murder, I'm going to be pissed.

She was fantastic in Meteor!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS1975 View Post
    She was fantastic in Meteor!!
    She was fantastic just standing around.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

Maybe she did catch them having sex and they fought as he was afraid she would tell. I think he killed her. RW that is.
    "I am the Master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul"

I've read a bio on Wood and done a little research on the case, but she's just not in my time period of either age or interest. I have to say though, that I vacillate wildly between thinking it was some great tragic murder, or thinking that a bunch of drunk drama queens got in a boat and one of them fell off.
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.